Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well I would support the idea of revamping Dire Maul to the new NE capitol city.
    Leave Silvermoon alone! It belongs to the Horde now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    look this
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...all/954729.jpg
    https://78.media.tumblr.com/c2b95046...67eo1_1280.png
    You know that you can raise your reputation with SC and wear his tabard, right?

can you tell people who play high elf and have their tabard and sc reputation that they are not high elves of the sc?

they are because they have the reputation
    That's not what I'm saying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I think you've confused the timelines because Suramar and the Nightborne allied race were introduced before the Burning of Teldrassil, not after. Meaning, it was always meant to be the Nightborne capital.

You can't give Night elves something that belongs to a Horde race.
    don't go by time introduced, go by design timetable. When WoD was being released, they'd already planned for Legion and BFA.. they know things in advance. When Suramar and the rest of the broken isles were being designed, they already had decided what would happen after in general.. it's only smaller details that change. ofr e.g. allied races as a feature was been worked on for a long time, but the decision only came after 7.0 was released.

It makes sense that if you know Teldrassil and darkshore/Ashenvale are going to go horde that you have already planned their replacement.. it's too perfect.. one tree lost, new tree gained (i.e. teldrassil for shaldrassil), one city lost, new city gained (i.e. Darnassus for Suramar), all of the night elf portions of broken isles were designed according tot he night elf story in WotA Suramar... all the famous places in the book associated with Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande and the main heroes' origin now show up in the broken isles, it's hard not to believe that if they were getting rid of their wow starting zones, that these aren't their replacements.

Do you believe in that sort of co-incience?

7+ Year Old Account
    Man. Get help
    It's not healthy to post so much about a fictional race

Also, nelves are never getting a home again. Blizzard doesn't care. Enjoy Stormwind's pumpkin patch
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post

- - - Updated - - -

don't go by time introduced, go by design timetable. When WoD was being released, they'd already planned for Legion and BFA.. they know things in advance. When Suramar and the rest of the broken isles were being designed, they already had decided what would happen after in general.. it's only smaller details that change. ofr e.g. allied races as a feature was been worked on for a long time, but the decision only came after 7.0 was released.

It makes sense that if you know Teldrassil and darkshore/Ashenvale are going to go horde that you have already planned their replacement.. it's too perfect.. one tree lost, new tree gained (i.e. teldrassil for shaldrassil), one city lost, new city gained (i.e. Darnassus for Suramar), all of the night elf portions of broken isles were designed according tot he night elf story in WotA Suramar... all the famous places in the book associated with Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande and the main heroes' origin now show up in the broken isles, it's hard not to believe that if they were getting rid of their wow starting zones, that these aren't their replacements.

I would like to know what you are trying to say because the truth to me what the devs tell us is quite clear we can play as high elves and choose our fantasy.

you want to play as a highvale you can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad no one told Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan, Jarol, Shandros or Maiev that they were supposed to feel that Suramar was their home or something similar.

The only thing that truly unites the Kaldorei with Suramar is that their NPCs lived there long ago. But if none of them care about the city then no connection.

Although I understand your point Blizzard already threw it away so now it has to do it again because well they are especially idiots.

Anyway, all that would imply that the Forsaken are screwed. Which doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Man. Get help
    It's not healthy to post so much about a fictional race

Also, nelves are never getting a home again. Blizzard doesn't care. Enjoy Stormwind's pumpkin patch
    Man, all the time he spends here is nothing compared to what it takes to make a fanfic or a fanart.
    Let people enjoy the Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate them. don't be offended if I don't agree with all of them despite appreciating hearing them.
    I have no issue with other opinions. I will gladly provide my thoughts on your answers.

Response to your Point 1
    1. Agreed, but tbh, they've been on this cusp since the end of WC3 - when the legion returned, the need for isolation, a rural exclusive existence defending the well and abstinence from practising the arcane all no longer became necessary. Coupled with the rise of young races, irresponsibility and the knowledge and guidance they had to offer, they should have been getting their shit together a lot sooner.

I think their lack of progress is because of lack of development and the fact blizzard doesn't continuously update every race as events flow.
    I would say that Blizzard decided to focus their storytelling on certain characters, like Sylvanas, Anduin, Jaina or general expansion plots. Since cata, a development of racial stories is very rare outside of a scope of perspective expansion. Pandaren stories were told only because of Pandaria. Kul Tiran/Zandalari stories were told only because of BfA. It's the major difference between storytelling now, and storytelling of WoW classic - WotLK. I think cata was the dividing point in which we still got considerable amount of racial lore coupled with specific character driven stories.

Response to your Point 2
    For me i think the druidic side is not shown in wooden homes at all, druids lie barrow dens, they are minimalists, their preference is undisturbed nature, as seen by the Val'sharah homes, I don't think they would need city representation Io think their influence and presence is beset served in two ways:
    Yes, what I tried to be short in my description, but I imagine the druidic part to be only Statues of Wild Gods and populated trees/barrow dens. I don't think anything other is necessary. As you also mentioned, several druidic "outposts" outside of the city makes sence.

There is no need for craftsmen/tradesman terraces of Darnassus, nor for them to be wooden - they now have arcane magic, arcane expertise to basically go full on kaldorei.

For me, I personally feel homes like we see in Val'Sharah are perfect for woodland villages and remote settlements in a the druidic half of the night elves spread throughout the forests. Remember they are only a portion of the kaldorei, not all of it.

Temples, marble structures, homes for citizens these would all 100% be beautifully carved marble structures the very same night elves built 10k millennia ago - it is their style, and I don't see why the ancients and Shen'dralar Highborne that remember all of this won't build the same - why destroy trees or distort them to make homes when you can magic arcane and nature fused marble? And now have the means.
    I disagree with that. First of all, not all night elves would ever be mages, druids or priestesses. There still will be a number of people who are civilians and lack any special training and powers. These people will be your craftsman and tradesman. Every city needs to have a place of trade in order to live. Civilians need to have a place where they can buy food, textiles, or anything other they need in everyday life. Now, I don't really believe that kaldorei would use magic on such things. They are still cautious in their use of magic and do not use it unresponsibly.

Take example in Suramar. Nightborne, the race who use magic for basically everything and infuse their very food with mana, still did not abandon trades and crafts. You have entire city district in Suramar dedicated to craftsmen. In some cases, you as a PC also had to seek some nightborne craftsmen during your profession questlines to further your training. There is no reason for kaldorei, who would still not like to use magic in such manner as Nightborne, to abandon crafts in favor of magic.

The reason why I also picture this part of the city mostly wooden is that these craftsmen (kaldorei civilians) probably lived in rural or forested areas for years and are used to this way of life. Moving them to marble and stone houses might not feel entirely right for them.

A More Lore Accurate Presentation for A Night Elf City (imo)
    So I agree with you on most of this except for the wooden structures - the beauty of druidism is reflected in the beautiful and lush forestry and gardens, the reason why druids are so low key/humble /minimalist is that they view the richest tapestry in not something crafted by hand but by nature, so what they wear isn't relevant, they don't need to try to look beautiful or build beautifully, a flower is more beautiful than the best tailor's design for clothes, and the forest trees with it's beauty and complexity will beat any structure.. that's their view.. they won't be dwelling in a city. Cities are for citizens, officials, government leaders, Highborne types too, ministry of magic - they need Academies, halls, they build things with magic, have embassies, require trade, economy - non of this is relevant to druids or their culture, so they won't have representation in there.
    It's not only about love for nature. It's also about more humble way of life. Kaldorei abandoned decadence of the Highborne and decided to live more simple lives. As we've seen in Darnassus, they can easily build large buildings from marble, but they reserve it for important things for their culture, mostly to either structures dedicated to Elune or statues/shrines of Wild Gods. For other structures, they prefer more humble wooden structures.

historically, the kaldorei style has always been a beautiful city built by arcane infused with nature, full of lush gardens, in a beautiful natural landscape either sculptured by magic or wild verdant forests - they don't merge their themes they separate them, theirs been a night based thing, with moon temples and astrological towers, and natural beauty of forests, lakes and gardens.. T his is their established style reflected from Darnassus through to Zin'Azshari every time. for night elven urban centres. And it's fine, it's actually quite stuning, why change it or re-invent the wheel? Save that for a new race.
    Well, you said it yourself. Their city looked like that in the history. Night elves went through really rough times. They are now on the beginning of the new age. I just don't think they would throw away the way they lived last 10 thousand years all of sudden. Sure, times change, but it still needs some time. I also think even wooden structures are in fact really beautiful. New assets used in Val'sharah/Darkshore Warfront are stunning on their own, so I have no issue with this style, which is indeed distinctive to night elves. On the other hand, I don't think night elves should be restricted to that style only.

I agree on most of your ideas too, but I actually do not really share the old imperial vibe of kaldorei you have. It is a fascinating part of their history indeed, but that legacy is somewhat devided between all elf groups now.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The 8.2 has nothing of Kaldorei. It's about Nagas. And there are far more elves of the Horde than elves of the Alliance. I mean there is only Shandris.
    If because he finds a minor NPC he becomes Lore Kaldorei.
    Naga, Zin'Azshari - that's all Night elf lore, it's got everything to do with the kaldorei - what was stupid was having Genn and Jaina there instead of Kaldorei counterparts.. but at least we had the nightborne and blood elves there.. if this was wrath era, they'd have stuck Garrosh and Thrall in there for the horde cos they're more popular instead of build up relevant characters.

Anything that predates Ashara is elf lore. Of all elves.
    But being that the Eternal-Night are the allied race of the blood elves. I think in truth many of those sonas would be blood elf lore instead of Kaldorei lore.
    Lol, it's called kaldorei lore, they weren't a different name before the sundering.. the part of the high elves that happens as Highborne is kaldorei lore, just like the part of the night elves that happen as dark trolls is troll lore, not night elf lore.

this is why people get confused over banners.

So what does Suramar add to the Kaldorei? It's not that we find Tyrande's ex-friend and they catch up with tea. Or Maiev's lost Sister and she's the one who convinces Maiev to go back to the Kaldorei.
    We find Lothamer's Girlfriend and they go on a date with Poems.
    take it up with blizzard, they wrote Suramar to be a kaldorei city, and the place where Tyrande, Malfurion Illidan , Maiev, Jarod all grew up, the HQ of the Order of Elune too after they were "forced" out of Zin'Azshari and the new HQ of the Moonguard - it's blizzard that made them night elven, not me.

Lor'themar does go on a date with Thalyssra, who knew he would fall ofr a night elf chick. that's a new development, just because the elves develop into different groups doens't mean they can't find a new future. I found it cringeworthy, but hey, I'm sure somebody likes it.

To say that Suramar is Lore Kaldorei is to say that each Troll patch is Lore of the Darkspear. (and well in that case we would be doing the Darkspear all the expansions XD)
    Except night elves did not continue to live in dark troll homes and dark troll ways.. it's a very different scenario, Last I checked nightborne were still elves, and dark night based ones, in night elven based culture, Night elves are totally different physically, culturally and spiritually from anything that is troll.. that's why they are called Night elves, not night trolls.

About the woods it is rare. Because it is not that it is a lore of the Kaldorei but that they are in the forest and it is usually all Druidic lore. But I have told you that the Horde knows that she has nothing to do with the Druids.
    did you forget Lor'themar's girlfriend spent all of 7. working with druids and i it was the druid's work that saved all her people - he considered them his people too. Which is more indication, they don't really consider themselves that different. It is the high elves that consider themselves totally different from the Night elves not the nightborne.

Yes and no.
    I do not agree with that copy and paste.
    But if I imagined recycling old things.
    I mean something with the style of the Wardens I imagined the "underground city". I mean, not with old assets you can perfectly do what I have in mind.

(The Forsaken thing if they need new things because it would have to be Forsaken)
    And you want blizzard to sit down and spend more time designing new things for night elves.. when the FUCK are we going to get anything for Silvermoon or the blood elves.. Night elves have gotten 2 updates to their architecture already, they bringing out all their original culture too and assets.. meanwhile it's been 15 years since TBC and Silvermoon SITLL isn't updated.

Give them re-sued assets, or keep them homeless, other races have priority, they've done ENOUGH for them. you guys are too greedy.

Being that the one who does the voice of Trall is Surprised that Sylvanas burns Teldrazzil. For me they screwed up when the Horde burned Teldrazzil.
    In the original version for me, the Azhara burned, the next expansion was of nagas and we killed her and that's it. Sylvanas is not bad there is no forced plot of the Jailer that nobody cares.

But then it occurred to them that the Horde burn the tree and the civilians and do all those cinematics with Varock.
    By killing the civilians they made the Fans want revenge yes or yes (If it were only in the city it would surely be already settled) But as the Horde was, there can be no revenge.
    They tried to write to the Night War but it was absolute rubbish.
    And now we jump on this Rebuild which forces them to Create another capital.

They clearly did not understand how WoW works or their lore and now they basically have to go back to everything they wrote.
    Oh they understand, they wanted to be the George RR Martin of Warcraft, Game of Thrones style shenanigans, they planned this, it is why 8.x focused on faction and the islands instead of on Naz'jatar and the naga. Let's make decisions purely because it will surpirse everyone even though it's much better to go ahead with a proper naga expansion. surprise surprise, BFA story is full of criticism , a stark contrast to Legion's story.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to know what you are trying to say because the truth to me what the devs tell us is quite clear we can play as high elves and choose our fantasy.

you want to play as a highvale you can do it.
    Simple, you can play a high elf, but you are not playign the high elves as a faction/race - that's still unplayable.. surely this isn't hard to distinguish? Anyone wanna help me out?

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad no one told Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan, Jarol, Shandros or Maiev that they were supposed to feel that Suramar was their home or something similar.

The only thing that truly unites the Kaldorei with Suramar is that their NPCs lived there long ago. But if none of them care about the city then no connection.

Although I understand your point Blizzard already threw it away so now it has to do it again because well they are especially idiots.

Anyway, all that would imply that the Forsaken are screwed. Which doesn't make sense.
    you expecting blizzard to flesh out all their nuance? they at least reflected some of Tyrande's reaction, she recalls her childhood and birth in Suramar.. but all that's night elf lore. Nightborne are a night elf faction on the horde, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Just like void elves are a blood elf faction on the alliance, blood elves are a high elf faction on the horde.

you get the drift. Elves are popular, so i don't think people are tired of their sub-groups, it's why nearly all the elven sub groups (night, highborne, high elf, void elf, blood elf, nightborne and fel elf are all playable), so far only darkfallen isn't playable, and that's really just one eye colour change away. (red eyes) and that would make all elven sub groups playable. compare that to troll who only have 2, meanwhile sand trolls, amani trolls, ice trolls are all unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Well I would support the idea of revamping Dire Maul to the new NE capitol city.
    Leave Silvermoon alone! It belongs to the Horde now!
    "It belongs to the horde now" is not really an argument after the last war. The whole thing was 100% on the horde and they not only committed genocide but atrocity after atrocity afterwards. Actually losing territory, even capitals, is not unrealistic.

However, Silvermoon is inhibited by the Bloodelves and ruled by Lortemar, one of the few persons that has at least a shred of humanity and sense in him and helped immensely to end the 4th war. Taking Silvermoon after that would just feel wrong. Then again, that could be a reason for Blizzard to actually do it...

Naga, Zin'Azshari - that's all Night elf lore, it's got everything to do with the kaldorei - what was stupid was having Genn and Jaina there instead of Kaldorei counterparts.. but at least we had the nightborne and blood elves there.. if this was wrath era, they'd have stuck Garrosh and Thrall in there for the horde cos they're more popular instead of build up relevant characters.

Lol, it's called kaldorei lore, they weren't a different name before the sundering.. the part of the high elves that happens as Highborne is kaldorei lore, just like the part of the night elves that happen as dark trolls is troll lore, not night elf lore.

this is why people get confused over banners.
    I know it sounds weird and it's hard to accept.
    Azhara is the raina of the Altoantos. All Lore NAGA are as Lore Kaldorie as Blood Elves.
    It is more If you play W3 when you go with Maiev you only kill nagas but when you go with Kaltas the Nagas are your allies. The entire "Blood Elves" campaign is with the help of the Naga.

Even now in Shadowland, guess who Kaltas's "friend" is ... if a Naga.

If for you all that is Lore Kaldorei. It has to be a lot more Blood Elf Lore.

take it up with blizzard, they wrote Suramar to be a kaldorei city, and the place where Tyrande, Malfurion Illidan , Maiev, Jarod all grew up, the HQ of the Order of Elune too after they were "forced" out of Zin'Azshari and the new HQ of the Moonguard - it's blizzard that made them night elven, not me.

Lor'themar does go on a date with Thalyssra, who knew he would fall ofr a night elf chick. that's a new development, just because the elves develop into different groups doens't mean they can't find a new future. I found it cringeworthy, but hey, I'm sure somebody likes it.
    But no night elf cares about Suramar

Except night elves did not continue to live in dark troll homes and dark troll ways.. it's a very different scenario, Last I checked nightborne were still elves, and dark night based ones, in night elven based culture, Night elves are totally different physically, culturally and spiritually from anything that is troll.. that's why they are called Night elves, not night trolls.
    Two things. First excuse me, I explained wrong.
    I mean the Hilo trolls is not "lore of Black spear trolls". The lore of the Eternal Night is not "Darmazian lore."

But that works for me. If the Playable Night Elves don't live like their Highborne ancestors either. The Blood Elves and the Eternal Night yes.

It's like saying that all Human Lore is Forsaken Lore.

did you forget Lor'themar's girlfriend spent all of 7. working with druids and i it was the druid's work that saved all her people - he considered them his people too. Which is more indication, they don't really consider themselves that different. It is the high elves that consider themselves totally different from the Night elves not the nightborne.
    It is not the first nor the last time that the Kaldorei Druids have worked with someone who then stabbed them in the back.

And you want blizzard to sit down and spend more time designing new things for night elves.. when the FUCK are we going to get anything for Silvermoon or the blood elves.. Night elves have gotten 2 updates to their architecture already, they bringing out all their original culture too and assets.. meanwhile it's been 15 years since TBC and Silvermoon SITLL isn't updated.

Give them re-sued assets, or keep them homeless, other races have priority, they've done ENOUGH for them. you guys are too greedy.
    Point 1: Blizzard makes 2 cities per expansion so yes. You can do both at the same time.
    Point 2: I want Blizzard to stop writing about blue Humans with wings that nobody cares or about the generic race that disappears in the next expansion and focus on writing lore of playable races to the point that all Joinable races have so much variety like the Kaldolei and the Kaldorei finally have a fucking evolution. (Counting allied races as part of their "original" race. Void Elf and Kultiras both count as Humans)
    Point 3: You already have a new city of the Blood Elves that of their allied race that shares all their Culture. SURAMAR.
    If at some point Blizzard thought of giving it to the Kaldorei, it clearly changed its mind 100% and now the race of the Horde that is best with the Blood Elves.
    Point 4: You don't like what Blizzard gave you. Well that's why there are so many complaints about Lore.

Oh they understand, they wanted to be the George RR Martin of Warcraft, Game of Thrones style shenanigans, they planned this, it is why 8.x focused on faction and the islands instead of on Naz'jatar and the naga. Let's make decisions purely because it will surpirse everyone even though it's much better to go ahead with a proper naga expansion. surprise surprise, BFA story is full of criticism , a stark contrast to Legion's story.
    With the My Little Pony level or the Clone Wars level. Enough for me.

-----
    you expecting blizzard to flesh out all their nuance? they at least reflected some of Tyrande's reaction, she recalls her childhood and birth in Suramar.. but all that's night elf lore. Nightborne are a night elf faction on the horde, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Just like void elves are a blood elf faction on the alliance, blood elves are a high elf faction on the horde.

you get the drift. Elves are popular, so i don't think people are tired of their sub-groups, it's why nearly all the elven sub groups (night, highborne, high elf, void elf, blood elf, nightborne and fel elf are all playable), so far only darkfallen isn't playable, and that's really just one eye colour change away. (red eyes) and that would make all elven sub groups playable. compare that to troll who only have 2, meanwhile sand trolls, amani trolls, ice trolls are all unplayable.
    Besides the skin color that you have in common with the Kaldorei?
    Because if it is because of their "nacinaldiad" then the Blood Elves are also in a certain way "A Kaldorei faction in the Horde".

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    "It belongs to the horde now" is not really an argument after the last war. The whole thing was 100% on the horde and they not only committed genocide but atrocity after atrocity afterwards. Actually losing territory, even capitals, is not unrealistic.

However, Silvermoon is inhibited by the Bloodelves and ruled by Lortemar, one of the few persons that has at least a shred of humanity and sense in him and helped immensely to end the 4th war. Taking Silvermoon after that would just feel wrong. Then again, that could be a reason for Blizzard to actually do it...
    It really has no humanity. No Horde Leader bothered him that they killed children.
    He was concerned that they were going to lose the war.

I would love to be able to say that Lothamer has Honor that he is going to fix the Horde. But he is another "accomplice" that Blizzard broke his spine to write BFA and that he is going to need several expansions to heal from that wound.
    Although it is really hard that I can achieve it in this story.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-14 at 04:42 PM.

Simple, you can play a high elf, but you are not playign the high elves as a faction/race - that's still unplayable.. surely this isn't hard to distinguish? Anyone wanna help me out?
    you can play as a race with a high elf as void elf or blood elf customization because they are the same race.

you cannot play with high elves as a faction because there is no high elf faction in wow.

if someone wants to play with the same elves that are already playable but in a new faction I'm sorry to tell you that it's impossible! blizzard already introduced high elves as part of the blood elves and void elves! blizzard is very lazy for them if they give you customization they don't have to do anything else and they said it themselves they will not create new starting zones for wildhammer or sand trolls they give you customization they tell you that it is the playable race and that you yourself Make up your own fantasy that is canon.

I know it sounds weird and it's hard to accept.
    Azhara is the raina of the Altoantos. All Lore NAGA are as Lore Kaldorie as Blood Elves.
    It is more If you play W3 when you go with Maiev you only kill nagas but when you go with Kaltas the Nagas are your allies. The entire "Blood Elves" campaign is with the help of the Naga.

Even now in Shadowland, guess who Kaltas's "friend" is ... if a Naga.

If for you all that is Lore Kaldorei. It has to be a lot more Blood Elf Lore.
    it's not hard at all, if you come from a blood elf only perspective, you might not view it as kaldorei lore, but if you come form a night elf perspective you will.

that aside, it is the kaldorei story, and people forget the high elves spent 3,000 years in the long vigil, they are not divorced from the history of both the long vigil and the pre-sundering empire, it's a fan fallacy to only connect them to the pre-sundering night elves , but not the long vigil.

Similarly, because blizzard didn't change neither the name nor identity of the night elves between both pre-sundering and long vigil, you can't accurately say pre-sundering isn't kaldorei lore, the entire long vigil happens because of the pre-sundering era, and every cultural lifestyle in the long vigil exists in the pre-sundering era.

i think the problem people have accepting is that the two are related...but this is not because it isn't the case, it's because of faction identity pulling them apart, and fans taking sides. Each side sees the opposite as more alien and removed from them , and soon they declare they are nothing like each other, when actually they're quite like each other.

- - - Updated - - -

you can play as a race with a high elf as void elf or blood elf customization because they are the same race.

you cannot play with high elves as a faction because there is no high elf faction in wow.
    you can't play as a high elf part of the high elves race (or faction) because you are not given that option, not because it doesn't exist.

This really isn't hard.

it's not hard at all, if you come from a blood elf only perspective, you might not view it as kaldorei lore, but if you come form a night elf perspective you will.

that aside, it is the kaldorei story, and people forget the high elves spent 3,000 years in the long vigil, they are not divorced from the history of both the long vigil and the pre-sundering empire, it's a fan fallacy to only connect them to the pre-sundering night elves , but not the long vigil.

Similarly, because blizzard didn't change neither the name nor identity of the night elves between both pre-sundering and long vigil, you can't accurately say pre-sundering isn't kaldorei lore, the entire long vigil happens because of the pre-sundering era, and every cultural lifestyle in the long vigil exists in the pre-sundering era.

i think the problem people have accepting is that the two are related...but this is not because it isn't the case, it's because of faction identity pulling them apart, and fans taking sides. Each side sees the opposite as more alien and removed from them , and soon they declare they are nothing like each other, when actually they're quite like each other.

- - - Updated - - -

you can't play as a high elf part of the high elves race (or faction) because you are not given that option, not because it doesn't exist.

This really isn't hard.
    if you can play as a high elf as a race because they are the same race! we have the options like customization of blood elf and void elf!

the developers said that these customizations exist to represent the races that we see in the game like wildhammer!

the developers said that they will not create entire races with new races and new starting zones. but that the customizations exist to be those races!

race is not the same as faction!

There are non-playable human factions like the South Sea Pirates. There is no high elf faction in Azeroth, there are high elves but they do not have a unified faction.

If someone wants to play with high elves as a unique race such as playable orcs or humans that will not happen. blizz already added high elves as customization

if you can play as a high elf as a race because they are the same race! we have the options like customization of blood elf and void elf!

the developers said that these customizations exist to represent the races that we see in the game like wildhammer!

the developers said that they will not create entire races with new races and new starting zones. but that the customizations exist to be those races!

race is not the same as faction!

There are non-playable human factions like the South Sea Pirates. There is no high elf faction in Azeroth, there are high elves but they do not have a unified faction.

If someone wants to play with high elves as a unique race such as playable orcs or humans that will not happen. blizz already added high elves as customization
    You can’t play The High Elves. But you can model your void elf or blood elf as one via available character customisation options.

The high elves exist

You can’t play The High Elves. But you can model your void elf or blood elf as one via available character customisation options.

The high elves exist
    of course the high elves exist

my high elf and high elf npcs

5+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal! It's where many are staying now anyway. Give them their druidic palace and hobbit holes like in Val'Sharah.

Tbh the NEs have a selection of existing villages/camps, but spreading amongst them would leave the race severely fragmented. Trying to collect all their forces from across the world would be inefficient.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hope they'll make a new city for the night elves in Mount Hyjal. Doesn't even have to be at the World Tree's place. They could make the place where Sulfuron Spire is now a new city for the kaldorei.

The Forsaken should get Alterac City and some of the surrounding areas. But there's so many refugee races, or races with useless "capital" cities that it isn't even funny anymore.

Every surviving capital city at this point (Ironforge, Thunder Bluff, Exodar and Silvermoon) should have all the ammenities of Stormwind and Orgrimmar and should be placed in the Azeroth worldzone. So they should be updated and expanded with portal rooms etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Hyjal! It's where many are staying now anyway. Give them their druidic palace and hobbit holes like in Val'Sharah.

Tbh the NEs have a selection of existing villages/camps, but spreading amongst them would leave the race severely fragmented. Trying to collect all their forces from across the world would be inefficient.
    Doubt. But they really don't. What there is is a large number of Druidic camps. Which would be like "Outposts". All or most of the villages were on the lands that were destroyed before reaching Teldrazzil.

5+ Year Old Account
    Doubt. But they really don't. What there is is a large number of Druidic camps. Which would be like "Outposts". All or most of the villages were on the lands that were destroyed before reaching Teldrazzil.
    And those outposts are larger in lore or can easily be developed by civilian settlers. The main issue is that it divides their numbers up too much and some places are more work to develop than others.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    I honestly hope they'll make a new city for the night elves in Mount Hyjal. Doesn't even have to be at the World Tree's place. They could make the place where Sulfuron Spire is now a new city for the kaldorei.
    I actually really dig that idea. Sulfuron Spire could easily be converted into a city with all the dope Highborne architecture from Legion. It might even make the Nightborne jealous, even if it still wouldn't ever be as awesome as Suramar. If this were to happen though, the Undead should get some new city right outside of Gilneas. Unless of course we could re-do Darkshore the right way and give it to the Undead. It would be perfect, and was a such a wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Unless of course we could re-do Darkshore the right way and give it to the Undead. It would be perfect, and was a such a wasted opportunity.
    That makes as much sense as giving Silvermoon to the void elves.