Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a letdown, stop playing? Unsub? It's a game, nobody gives a shit if you play or not. Play TBC if you want to, doesn't matter if you play retail or classic when you pay the same sub. Money in the bank either way.
    Hi

People who are happy for a new raid are the kind of people at this point who are happy that they got a plate under the food in their fav restaurant. "AMG LOOK, THE FOOD IS ON AN ACTUAL PLATE! AND I GOT IT! YEAAH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    People who are happy for a new raid are the kind of people at this point who are happy that they got a plate under the food in their fav restaurant. "AMG LOOK, THE FOOD IS ON AN ACTUAL PLATE! AND I GOT IT! YEAAH!"
    Raiding is and has always been the meat of the game though. You could argue I suppose MoP forward they have shifted their focus slightly to include more side activities and that's cool too. I personally take part in these things and I like them for variety but at the end of the day all I really need is new raids and dungeons and the rest is sort of a bonus. Not really sure why this is viewed as a bad thing, working together with 19 other people to bring down hard bosses on the highest difficulty and finally doing it is what gives a strong feeling of reward.

I don't look down at people who don't raid but to me it just seems pretty depressing to play the game in a way where you're not working towards anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Being happy for something that is literally ... *quick maths* 50 to 100 hours of new content is quite understandable in the video game market.

Most AAA games don't even go over 10 hours of content nowadays.
    My Mythic guild only raids 2 nights a week (mythic) with the occasional normal/HC so your math is even a bit on the conservative side, we probably got 250 hours at least out of CN which is not too shabby. Most guilds do 3 nights as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    imagine there is wow players not really interested in raiding or M+. MIND BLOWING
    Not to be rude but imagine thinking there’s other forms of content in a game that has displayed time and time again that the only things they’re going to update farther than just adding more battle pets is Dungeons/raids.

You deserve to be happy, spend your money elsewhere. There’s not much for you here unfortunately.

I actually kind of liked torghast, now Ion added a timer and made death much more punishing, I am starting to hate it. Can they stop e-sporting everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There's a global pandemic going on. It's impacted Blizzard's release schedule. I know, Blizzard's a multi dollar company and this "isn't an excuse" but it's the unfortunate reality of the situation.
    Weird. It didn't seem to affect Blizzards competitors nearly as much. It's almost as if the competition don't spend most of their time coming up with convoluted systems and currencies each patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If it's a letdown, stop playing? Unsub? It's a game, nobody gives a shit if you play or not. Play TBC if you want to, doesn't matter if you play retail or classic when you pay the same sub. Money in the bank either way.
    You can still care. You don't leave things you care about at the first sign of trouble.

I can't give an opinion on the content, as I have not yet played it. Although I think, concerning the long wait and the negative reception, Blizzard would be way better off by no longer charging a monthly fee. Let's be honest, the incredible wait and the amount of content we get is not worth the money by miles. The fact the game is in a dire state and seems to continue on that road. I don't understand anyway why they haven't given us free game-time past the 5 months contentless period, yet the 6-month bundle greed answers that question. For the health of the game it would be better to charge a full boxprice for the expansion, throw in some lovely items in de store and be done with it. The monthly fee can no longer be justified and is also one of the reasons why I won't play the game anymore myself. The game doesn't offer the attraction to log in every day, while I'd personally like it to log in from time to time and have some fun. Yet, wasting money for a few log-in moments a week feels bad.

Not really a direct answer on your question but certainly something that went through my mind after seeing the patchnotes and the negative reception.

Raiding and dungeons is the only objectively good content in wow. If you dont participate in raids or m+ (or is a pvp dude lol) i question your sanity. Why would you want to spend time and money on a game with SO LITTLE worthwhile content outside dungeons and raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Seven.

You waited seven months. November to June is seven. I know, math is difficult, but try to keep up here.

Yes, I'm aware. I even commented on the fact that my brain somehow skipped a month somewhere between November and June. Did you know we all make mistakes? I admitted mine, maybe next time read all the posts?

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I quite like Korthia, it's succinct. It doesn't bother with more than it needs to and there's so far not a piece of it where i wonder "why did they put this in?".
    It has an atmosphere i like in a way i find hard to express.

Though i must say i find the new versions of assaults to be a big downgrade, honestly dailies are inferior to world quests in almost every way, except they make it less obvious how much you are being ripped off in a sense of "time vs. reward" kinda things.

Also when it comes to rares i'd advise you to ask Blizzard to just not reward you for collecting all their rewards anymore.
    Taking away the rewards makes them properly optional again, which in turn means it's fine if they're actually, genuinely rare.
    The only way dailies are superior to world quests in my opinion is its impossible to stick one toe outside the designated and stop getting credit and/or lose whatever item you need to complete said quest. Way too many times you can run a straight line from one objective to the next, only to somehow leave the quest area and stop getting credit.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Calls 9.1 the smallest patch when 2.4 was even smaller.

The isle is half the size of korthia, has less rare mobs and has less hidden items. Had no assaults.

THE only thing it had was a few more dailies.

Also not all of korthia is open. They are opening up parts of it.

Torgast new system is a much better improvement. It causes you to want to finish and get everything instead of rushing.

Kids these days just like to whine and moan like toddlers.

- - - Updated - - -

Those people are pathetic and should go play mylittlepony.
    TBC had no difficulty levels and seasons. Everthing they added extended expansion content which was all relevant. Retail patches makes 9.0 absolote while 2.4 simply added content on alredy tons relevant content from 2.0.

And since raids had no easy mods content lasted for months not just 1 or 2 days.

Its hilarious that people consider running the same raid over and over to be content .. hell same for the trash that is Mythic +, its not content people ... the closest thing it compares to .. is work.

That said there are them strange people who enjoy work so eh .. let them have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The developers do not want
    Why should we give one single flying fuck what the developers want?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    TBC had no difficulty levels and seasons. Everthing they added extended expansion content which was all relevant. Retail patches makes 9.0 absolote while 2.4 simply added content on alredy tons relevant content from 2.0.

And since raids had no easy mods content lasted for months not just 1 or 2 days.
    The content only lasted that long because people were bad at the game, though. And that ended with TBC. Who in their right mind ran Naxx in Wrath when Ulduar/ICC was out?

Gotta keep in mind that the raiding players today are vastly different than raiding players in vanilla/tbc etc.
    Hi

Raiding would be that you eat the prime rib on that plate and are happy with that.

If you are not vegan that is

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Being happy for something that is literally ... *quick maths* 50 to 100 hours of new content is quite understandable in the video game market.

Most AAA games don't even go over 10 hours of content nowadays.
    I’m sorry but what AAA games don’t go over 10 hours? Don’t say “most” when 99% offer well over 10 hours.

Truthfully if you’re a raid logger like myself with zero interest in the m+ scene, the patch does not offer 100 hours of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Weird. It didn't seem to affect Blizzards competitors nearly as much. It's almost as if the competition don't spend most of their time coming up with convoluted systems and currencies each patch.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still care. You don't leave things you care about at the first sign of trouble.
    Both ff14 and ESO both have been putting out more content than WoW during the pandemic and didn’t use it as an excuse other than a delay on the initial start for a few weeks. Everyone else adapted but blizzard

Or, more likely, they are using the pandemic as a fall back to their incompetence. Blaming SL being a month late on its launch on Covid, ok that’s fair, but blaming a patch half a year later well into 2021? Nope that’s just incompetence being given an out and taking it.

Whatever is rotten at WoW hq has nothing to do with Covid, the disease that rots WoW comes from management

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The content only lasted that long because people were bad at the game, though. And that ended with TBC. Who in their right mind ran Naxx in Wrath when Ulduar/ICC was out?

Gotta keep in mind that the raiding players today are vastly different than raiding players in vanilla/tbc etc.
    That’s just some youthful ego talking.

As a mythic tank now and a player who raided back then, I think the older players were superior gamers on every level. Even on the fps scene, they played games like halo and mw1-2 where men were men and you needed thick skin to even survive the lobbies let alone the matches.

There is not a single bit of mythic content someone can’t clear in WoW if they were clearing old sunwell, but I can’t say the same in regards to all the mythic raiders I know.

You can’t judge the old raids based on classic and classic tbc; the versions we got are not only nerfed by nearly 50%, but our characters also played on the 1.12 patch throughout it classic meaning we were doing more damage on top of the big nerfs. And tbc is operating on the end patch before wotlk, so that the bosses are more do-able than back in the day. Never forget most guilds didn’t beat tbc until Blizz nerfed the raids so much they never recovered and needed hard modes added

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Sorry, I thought I'd let one pointless observation meet another.
    Ah yes, the fact that a patch is less than a week old, meaning that the majority of the content isn't even available is - obviously - pointless in regards to judging the content.....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Its hilarious that people consider running the same raid over and over to be content .. hell same for the trash that is Mythic +, its not content people ... the closest thing it compares to .. is work.

That said there are them strange people who enjoy work so eh .. let them have at it.
    If work was like progressing mythic raid content in WoW I'd have 3 jobs. That would be free money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Yes, I'm aware. I even commented on the fact that my brain somehow skipped a month somewhere between November and June. Did you know we all make mistakes? I admitted mine, maybe next time read all the posts?
    It's okay. Math can be difficult sometimes.