Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    RB Leipzig 1 - 2 Club Bruges

Gonna be parties in Bruges tonight, been ages since a Belgian team has done so well in the group stages of the CL (hope I don't jinx it now).
    In a group with PSG, Man City and RB Leipzig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    In a group with PSG, Man City and RB Leipzig.
    Indeed, it's crazy. I'm hoping they can also give City a run for their money!

10+ Year Old Account
    That boy Ronaldo, he’s secretly shite.

15+ Year Old Account
    awww wish I'd been able to see United win in injury time again ;P Belgian TV were showing Juventus - Chelsea.

I think most folk who aren’t fans of United will be delighted with the result. The longer the yo-yo act happens, the longer Solsjkaer stays in the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo-yo is how it is with United, every win is a dramatic resurgence, every loss is a catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yo-yo is how it is with United, every win is a dramatic resurgence, every loss is a catastrophe.
    He needs to go. Totally out of his depth. If Ronaldo and/or Bruno don’t show up, nothing happens. Because there’s no plan. It’s just ‘hope for the best’.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    He needs to go. Totally out of his depth. If Ronaldo and/or Bruno don’t show up, nothing happens. Because there’s no plan. It’s just ‘hope for the best’.
    Disagree. We shaped up a lot better in the second half, first half we, well Dalot, was useless. The substitutions were perfect as well. That’s not a sign of particular players stepping up. The shaky start wasn’t unexpected with 3 changes at the back either.

Disagree. We shaped up a lot better in the second half, first half we, well Dalot, was useless. The substitutions were perfect as well. That’s not a sign of particular players stepping up. The shaky start wasn’t unexpected with 3 changes at the back either.
    Hey, as someone who doesn’t support the club, I don’t care either way. But he’s definitely out of his depth. He’s just about beating Villarreal. Context is king. And it’s not that the players are bad, that’s not it. It’s that there is no plan. It’s just ‘let’s hope it goes well’.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel somewhat torn tbh. I was all for giving Ole the benefit of the doubt but with the end of last season and lots of the performances this season I kinda agree he is out of his depth. I just imagine how the team would perform with the likes of Tuchel or equivalent managing them...

I feel somewhat torn tbh. I was all for giving Ole the benefit of the doubt but with the end of last season and lots of the performances this season I kinda agree he is out of his depth. I just imagine how the team would perform with the likes of Tuchel or equivalent managing them...
    Bingo. Someone like Klopp has coached players into becoming world class. I can't think of any player who's become world class under Solsjkaer. They've all either ibeen ndividually brilliant or have almost stagnated during his time at the club. He's just a cheerleader on the sidelines.

I actually wanted to slap him for having the nerve to celebrate the winner. United win games in spite of his management, not because of it.

Sidenote, who was the second commentator on BT Sport. He sounded like he was having a stroke when Ronaldo scored.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-09-30 at 12:05 AM.

utd were barely making top 4 consistently before ole.

People have short memories.

That said Ill say the same about ole as I would any manager, they need to win something important sooner or later or you end like up pochettino /shudder

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuchel just lost 2 games on the bounce, where are the torches and pitchforks?

As for Ole’s coaching, take a look at Shaw and Greenwood. No doubt there’s a way to go, to get players playing together better and that we evidently have precisely no cover at right back, but we have improved in performance and style and mood since Mourinho.

Part of the problem is that people don’t want to see two holding midfielders, then we play like ass and lose when we play with one. There is a plan, and that plan is to not need two holding midfielders, but results matter and so long as we don’t just lose but play like shit with one, it’s just pragmatic to have to go back, especially against better opponents.

As for Ole’s coaching, take a look at Shaw and Greenwood. No doubt there’s a way to go, to get players playing together better and that we evidently have precisely no cover at right back, but we have improved in performance and style and mood since Mourinho.

Part of the problem is that people don’t want to see two holding midfielders, then we play like ass and lose when we play with one. There is a plan, and that plan is to not need two holding midfielders, but results matter and so long as we don’t just lose but play like shit with one, it’s just pragmatic to have to go back, especially against better opponents.
    He won the CL a few months ago, we have an identity and we've improved considerably since Lampard left.

However, if we lose to Southampton, I'll worry a bit.
    We're missing Mount too. Integral to us.

3-4-3 doesn't suit Ziyech and Havertz I feel. Going to need to go back to a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 at some point.

The lack of a proper defensive midfield hurts United a lot but I gotta say I can't find a system/plan in the squad. His substitutions are often too late and weird and it's seems like the good moments come from individual brilliance. The tactical aspect of teams like City and Chelsea are miles ahead of that of United, and that shouldn't be the case when they are all top clubs in English football. Liverpool aren't as tactical but have a very clear plan. Even Arsenal is starting to show good signs.

Speaking of Arsenal, damn what a performance in the first half. Hopefully they can continue on this. Good to see them being able to dig deep aswell in the second half.

On to real football and not disgusting 442 infused English football. Bayern seem really good at the moment. Completely dominating games and having everybody scoring. They have faced lesser teams now 3 games in a row (perhaps 4 if we count Barca) but (3-0), 7-0, 1-3 (red card 48' Parvard) and 5-0 speaks for itself. Especially in the Barca game and yesterday's game vs Dynamo Kiev Bayern looked sluggish and not really sharp, just doing enough. And still scoring and dominating the game easily! Hopefully there is a following gear, and this is not full power.

Some players really hitting their stride aswell. Left wing Sané is phenomenal, Gnabry scoring again, Kimmich improving all the time after a slow start (3+3 G&A in the league as a number 6!), Müller looking good and Lewa continuing from where he left off. Add to that a working defensive unit which was not the case under Flick. Davies also seem really well off under Nagelsmann. Goretzka has perhaps not been his best but he is most likely suffering from some fatigue. Can't wait for the games against the top teams!

By the way has anybody seen Leverkusen's games? Considering the stats after the games they should be a really good watch, offensive football from both teams. I haven't managed to see one yet but looks like worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post

On to real football and not disgusting 442 infused English football..

bro everyone plays some kind of of 4231 with the 4 turning into a 5 nowadays.

Why do you think sancho is bad? My theory is he is in the wrong position and has swapped bodies with jesse linguard (who is now really good) in some sort of freaky friday scenario.

I dont see Bayern winning the UCL tho.

Chelsea have won the Champions League in the last 8 months since he’s been manager.

Solsjkaer has…come 4th and 2nd with a team that should be winning titles. It’s got the talent.

He just doesn’t have the skill to drive it forward. And that’s okay. They need someone to take the next step. He was a good cheerleader. Onto bigger and better.

I don’t think United can complain when it comes to a lack of cover or personnel. They’ve got TONS of money. If they’re not prioritising the right players, it’s on the recruitment staff and manager. No one else.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-09-30 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

bro everyone plays some kind of of 4231 with the 4 turning into a 5 nowadays.

Why do you think sancho is bad? My theory is he is in the wrong position and has swapped bodies with jesse linguard (who is now really good) in some sort of freaky friday scenario.

I dont see Bayern winning the UCL tho.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...eng_we_go_442/

I just wanted to mess with you geezers, I know that it is not the English way anymore, except for perhaps some of the lower teams (talking PL).

Well Bayern have been great at shooting themselves in the foot in the big games and that can happen again, especially if they get carried away but the mentality in the squad should be rock solid. Definitely one of the top 3 favourites.

15+ Year Old Account

I think Ole has definitely been an improvement compared to Mourinho, as you say in both style and mood, but I still feel with the talent in the squad, another, more experienced manager (like Tuchel as I used as the previous example) would be getting better performances. However, you need to start somewhere to get that experience, hence why I'm torn.

I think Ole has definitely been an improvement compared to Mourinho, as you say in both style and mood, but I still feel with the talent in the squad, another, more experienced manager (like Tuchel as I used as the previous example) would be getting better performances. However, you need to start somewhere to get that experience, hence why I'm torn.
    chelsea are a miserably boring team to watch though under tuchel