Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It have to be real, it has the most important part of any leak, the friend that work at Blizzard.

don't know if it's real or not, could be and btw we'll found out in 2 weeks, but holy shit grats for the effort, very solid "leak"

Quote Originally Posted by BLIZZIBURNER View Post
    - New hero class: Tinker (tank/dps/healer).
    Fake.

Even if Tinker was a class, it wouldn't be a hero class.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also going to be a new hero class: the Tinker, which my friend says is an idea they've always wanted to do, and has been the most requested class by far since Demon Hunter.
    Nice try Teriz

- - - Updated - - -

The story is going to involve Galakrond and Elune
    Galakrond? The dragon, that's dead?

Patch concepts are still in early development, but one idea they're kicking around is having players travel to the moon, which would actually be an Uld facility housing the landmass that used to be where the Well of Eternity is, along with the dead husk of Y'Shaarj.
    So the moon is storing a landmass that was blown away from Azeroth during the Sundering, and Y'Shaarj? How did any of that shit get there?

- - - Updated - - -

Zones that aren't yet revamped will be shrouded in "the fog of war," but they want to eventually complete the entirety of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
    Wait, what does that mean? You won't be able to go to any zone other than Arathi and Darkshore?

- - - Updated - - -

The story for Gadgetzan involves turning Thousand Needles into a canal that will connect the Great Sea and the Veiled Sea so they won't have to sail around Kalimdor to get to the far side of Azeroth (where Galakaros is).
    I think you should take a look at the map. Thousand Needles borders on Feralas and to the right side of it you could just as easily go from Tanaris.

- - - Updated - - -

After the Tanaris update, the Azeroth Campaign is going to start with an emphasis on Dark Shore and Arathi Highlands
    It's Darkshore, not Dark Shore.

- - - Updated - - -

an archipelago of volcanic islands located on the far side of Azeorth
    Azeorth. Damn.
    Last edited by kizcrew; 2022-02-05 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    Fake.

Even if Tinker was a class, it wouldn't be a hero class.
    Nothing lorewise prevents it from being a hero class.

Nice try Teriz
    Sorry, I don’t do expansion leak write ups, and I wouldn’t utilize that style of Tinker. That said, that Tinker concept is an interesting idea that I never considered.

All in all I have to say pretty well done though. The idea of giving the isles a name like Galakaros, simultaneously tying it to Galakrond and the Galapagos Islands, painting a picture of this primal paradise, is pretty good and very imaginative.

Another one too good to be true.

naaah to that leaak
    naaah to that xpac

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    All in all I have to say pretty well done though. The idea of giving the isles a name like Galakaros, simultaneously tying it to Galakrond and the Galapagos Islands, painting a picture of this primal paradise, is pretty good and very imaginative.
    and EXACTLY what Blizz never do so its nearly a proof for being fake

Tinker for every race?

I'm not even sure why people bother typing out such shite in the first place?

Thats the right one

10+ Year Old Account
    i think this is the real leak.

while i don't really care about new classes / races because of a rather long term hunter career, tinker sounds interesting to say the least. i would try out a goblin tinker for sure.

kudos to op for such a detailed writing / cp.

fingers crossed.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Are all those "leak threads" made on burner accounts where the new class is "tinker" made by who I think they are
    or are they made to make fun of this prolific tinker-poster here?

I mean we already have engineering as profession and diaper gnomes. What more can a man want?

While I think that this leak is real is as unlikely as most(though yeah, one could be true) I just post my opinion in case any WoW-dev is going through the forums to laugh about leaks and take notes about what they like for future expansions/patches.

Good:
    Galakaros: An island chain with strange creatures? If this allows them to go beyond the standard shablones of creatures we know of Azeroth it is nice, as are vulcans.
    Accords: If we get new animations for our abilities, allowing us to choose them by our preferences instead of player power this sounds amazing and would allow for more class diversification without subclasses.
    Living World: Great concept. Reworking a zone should keep it relevant a long time. All in all there are still too few details though.
    Story: Rebuilding of Night Elf and Forsaken civilisation sounds great. Anduin in exile is interesting, but needs a major reason. Baine has somethign to do ... yeah! Though I would have rather liked seeing him uniting the Tauren, Taunka and Yaungol.

Bad:
    Tinker: I would love to see them, but for them to shine they need to be more integrated into the main story of the game like DK and DH were. Give us a Dragon Sworn and reserve the Tinker for an Undermine Expansion.
    No more races: Seriously? Not even the Covenant Races?
    Main Story: Maybe it is the presentation, but it somehow lacks the sense of urgency it would need to engage people. Sure, a lot rises and falls with the characters, but so far ...

Hey. I don't work on Team 2, but I'm good friends with someone who does. There are a few Blizzard announcements coming that are currently scheduled for February 18th. These have been in the pipeline for a while and were originally planned to be announced at BlizzCon 2022 before it got cancelled. Announcements for Diablo and Hearthstone are also coming but won't be ready in February.

TLDR:
    - Overwatch 2 CBT starts in late Feb. Public Test in mid March. Three new heroes (Sojourn, Mauga, Yako).
    - Warcraft: Grimoire is a lore bible / ebook store app coming this summer.
    - WoW expansion is Ashes of Galakaros.
    - New hero class: Tinker (tank/dps/healer).
    - Galakaros (aka the Dragon Isles) is on the far side of Azeroth. Primordial, volcanic islands.
    - Origin of the Dragonflights, and all life on Azeroth. Elune will be important.
    - Home to draconic wildlife, stranded Black Empire cultists, Uld facility.
    - New Renown system called Accords, which are like Covenants but ONLY have cosmetics. Dragonsworn abilities for each spec.
    - "The living world" is a new endgame world content model that will gradually revamp new zones on the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor while telling a constantly evolving story. World Quests, reputation grinds, treasures, rares, etc. Evergreen endgame content.
    - Living world is a long term project that will take many years, starting with Darkshore, Arathi, and Tanaris, and progress from there over time.
    - Cross faction play will eventually be extend to world content and guilds, possibly reputations and languages.

The first announcement is the Overwatch 2 closed beta. They'll be announcing two more new heroes: Mauga (buff tank dude that dual wields gatling guns) and Yako (teenage ninja girl with a giant shuriken and pet fox spirit). Closed beta will start in late Feb, and a public PvE demo that is scheduled to run for two weeks in mid March (console and PC).

Second is a new app called Warcraft: Grimoire that'll be released this summer. This isn't a game, but rather an interactive digital lore bible that they want to be "a living version of Chronicle." It's going to have some sort of way to earn an in-app currency, which you can also buy. This will be used to purchase ebooks directly through the app.

Third is the next WoW expansion, which is called World of Wacraft: Ashes of Galakaros. As most have correctly guessed, it's based on the Dragon Isles concept, but it's also going to be deeply tied into Elune and the Realm of Life. Galakaros is the name of the Dragon Isles, and it's an island chain on the opposite side of Azeroth, which they're calling "the far side of Azeroth." It sounds kinda weird, but my friend says that they were inspired by the Galapagos Islands, with lots of wildlife that evolved in complete isolation. Most of the stuff on the island is draconic, but only Galakrond and his brood were strong enough to get through the storms surrounding the island, which allowed them to come and go from Ancient Kalimdor. It's based on primordial Azeroth with lots of active volcanos and rampaging elementals, and is visually meant to be a sort of anti-Northrend. Also has some Black Empire ruins, ancient temples for each of the five Dragonflights, and an Uld facility where life on Azeroth first evolved.

They're keeping a version of the Covenant/Renown system, called Accords, but based on the feedback for Covenants they're stripping them way back and making pretty much everything optional and cosmetic. Towards the end of the leveling experience you'll get empowered by Elune during an eclipse and "become Dragonsworn," which will give you a movement ability and a unique active ability for each specialization, but this time around there's no hard choice to make. Instead, which of the five Accords you join simply changes the way your Dragonsworn abilities look, your Accord Campaign, and the cosmetic rewards you get. After completing one Accord Campaign you can do the Campaigns for the other four, but some of the rewards will be restricted initially.

There's also going to be a new hero class: the Tinker, which my friend says is an idea they've always wanted to do, and has been the most requested class by far since Demon Hunter. It's less tied to the Dragon Isles and more to this new endgame concept called "the living world," which I'll explain later. Tinker will have tank, healer, and DPS specs, and will utilize a special backpack using the new back cosmetic slot (think Gazlowe in HotS). Basically, you'll have these mechanized gizmos and gadgets that will pop out of your backpack for your different ability animations, and they'll have a bunch of different cosmetic backpacks you can earn that will be exclusive to the Tinker class. The DPS spec will be able to turn their backpack into a robotic companion, the healing spec will be able to turn it into a medical drone, and the tanking spec will be able to turn it into a mech suit.

The story is going to involve Galakrond and Elune, and will delve into the connections between the Shadowlands and the Realm of Life, and the origins of life on Azeroth. Patch concepts are still in early development, but one idea they're kicking around is having players travel to the moon, which would actually be an Uld facility housing the landmass that used to be where the Well of Eternity is, along with the dead husk of Y'Shaarj. The Black Empire cultists stranded on Galakaros will be trying to revive him. It would be deeply connected to Elune and her role in helping the Titans sort out Primordial Azeroth.

Aside from all that, they're making a big push for something that they're calling "the living world," which they've actually already started implementing in the live game. This comes from a big list of things players and developers have been suggesting that kept getting shot down by some of the senior developers until fairly recently. You may have noticed them adding weather effects to some of the old zones? That's part of it. Another part is opening up cross-faction play; they eventually want to expand that out to include world content and guilds, possibly with ways for players to gain reputation with the opposite faction and learn languages.

The basic idea is that they're gonna start revamping old world zones, but as part of a new persistent open world endgame experience, with world quests, reputations, treasures, rares, and tons of stuff to collect. It'll have its own "living campaign" called the Azeroth Campaign, starting with Darkshore and Arathi Highlands (based on the BFA versions but pushing the story forward), as well as Tanaris. This is going to run parallel to the plot of the current expansion. New zones will be added to the living world as they complete them, basically replacing the "patch island" concept they've always done in the past. This is going to be a long term project that is going to span multiple patches and expansions. Zones that aren't yet revamped will be shrouded in "the fog of war," but they want to eventually complete the entirety of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

This is where the new hero class comes in. Tinker isn't really connected to the Dragon Isles apart from the Bronze Dragonflight's "Rustscale Accord," but are rather meant to tie into the living world concept. They'll start at level 10 in the revamped Gadgetzan, which is loosely inspired by the Gadgetzan expansion in Hearthstone. This'll be part of the Tanaris revamp, which will be the first big zone revamp for the living world, and they intend to have it ready and playable in the 10.0 prepatch along with the hero class. It'll also include a revamp for the Caverns of Time, which will be the new central hub for all the Chromie time stuff, as they want to fully separate the living world from the Timewalking Campaigns. The story for Gadgetzan involves turning Thousand Needles into a canal that will connect the Great Sea and the Veiled Sea so they won't have to sail around Kalimdor to get to the far side of Azeroth (where Galakaros is).

After the Tanaris update, the Azeroth Campaign is going to start with an emphasis on Dark Shore and Arathi Highlands, and will gradually build up to the night elves rebuilding Hyjal and Calia cleansing the Ruins of Lordaeron. This will also involve Baine attempting to repair relations between the tauren and the night elves, and Anduin going into a self-imposed exile in Lordaeron.

I've got one more thing to share but I'm running out of room for this post.
    I dig it.
    A pity it's likely fake.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

"Azeorth"
    "Dark Shore"

Another well-done leak, but I still want to see faked screenshots and logos. Step it up, people.

I still think there is a better chance of us getting a new class like Dragon Knight, or Aspect Guardian or something along those lines. The starting area would have you as a new chromatic hatchling working towards taking on your humanoid form and learning the way of all the aspects before choosing your faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Are all those "leak threads" made on burner accounts where the new class is "tinker" made by who I think they are
    or are they made to make fun of this prolific tinker-poster here?
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t do expansion leaks. Not my thing, because I see no point in completely making up crap. That said, if people are truly going through all that effort (especially the effort that went into this leak) to troll me, I gotta say that I’m honored.

I mean we already have engineering as profession and diaper gnomes. What more can a man want?
    A class. Professions and a race don’t measure up to a class.

Didn’t a YouTuber (I think Asmongold) say they were going to make an “expansion leak?” Whoever it was would have the creative resources to come up with something this intricate. Especially the press release.

If that ends up being the case, there’s no way said person would actually spill details they may have access to lest they irrevocably hurt their relationship with Blizzard. If anything, it’d be the worst idea for them to do that because we could use it to deduce what isn’t coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Didn’t a YouTuber (I think Asmongold) say they were going to make an “expansion leak?” Whoever it was would have the creative resources to come up with something this intricate. Especially the press release.

If that ends up being the case, there’s no way said person would actually spill details they may have access to lest they irrevocably hurt their relationship with Blizzard. If anything, it’d be the worst idea for them to do that because we could use it to deduce what isn’t coming.
    Who's 'they'?