Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The one DH PvP ability where they essentially jump in the air and come back down to earth slowly?

Yeah, these are exactly like that.
    Yes.
    Well the difference is that there is no actual verticality with those spells you showed where as DH could hit ceilings or be gripped to a ledge.

But instead the hitbox on those spells you showed stays on the same vertical plane while it just looks like the model is up higher. Kind of like the DH infernal leap too.

LoL!! Isn't the entire point of your argument that you can't see the transmog on the Dracthyr?
    Yes?
    There’s a difference between hiding 1-2 slots that would actually have clipping issues…
    Versus hiding everything but three slots for no reason except laziness.

Example is why are chest slots being hidden when you can already wear chest armor via the barber shop… or tabards.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-08 at 08:26 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    None of those look like flying in the ways you know we’re talking about.
    No more flying than the DH ability.

Yeah that’s pretty clear captain obvious.
    But I guess you can’t understand that it’s possible for blizzard to hide certain transmog slots.
    which they are... they have already stated specific item slots will be visible on the models. Shoulders, chest, tabard, belt,
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    which they are... they have already stated specific item slots will be visible on the models. Shoulders, chest, tabard, belt,
    Unfortunately they’re not going to show chest pieces either unless that changed.
    So we’re only seeing shoulders, tabard, and belt. Which is the entire issue is that most of someone’s transmog won’t be visible.

No chest, pants, boots, gloves, or helm. Which are the main parts of a transmog.
    Back weapons and cloaks are the only ones that realistically should be hidden. (Maybe boots would have to get a similar treatment like Worgen/Trolls)
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately they’re not going to show chest pieces either unless that changed.
    So we’re only seeing shoulders, tabard, and belt. Which is the entire issue is that most of someone’s transmog won’t be visible.

No chest, pants, boots, gloves, or helm. Which are the main parts of a transmog.
    They already showed them wearing chests.

No pants, boots, gloves are already slots not available to some current races.

And no helm? eh thats fine, and really only shoulder and helm are the two main ones, as they are the most noticable because they actually alter the sillihoute, chest is the next most important.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1+ Year Old Account
    They already showed them wearing chests.

No pants, boots, gloves are already slots not available to some current races.

And no helm? eh thats fine, and really only shoulder and helm are the two main ones, as they are the most noticable because they actually alter the sillihoute, chest is the next most important.
    The chest pieces they’re showing are from barber shop customization, not actual transmog unfortunately. I forget which interview they specified that, but it is in one of them.

It’s why all the armored Dracthyr we’ve seen are all wearing the same armor but just with different color variations.
    Which I know that’s going to make some mogs unusable in general because they won’t have color variations to match everything.
    Like the season 2 elite mail set… I don’t see that ever looking even halfway decent on a Dracthyr without being able to mog at least the chest.

EDIT: Even Mechagnomes have pants too. Granted they’re cut off short, but they’re still there.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-08 at 09:08 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

It's cute that you believe that.
    I don't believe that. I know that.

Neither do Dracthyr.
    Except they do. There's no practical reason why you can't show pants and chestpieces on the dracthyr model.

But still shows that in 3/4 Druid forms, you can't fully see your transmog in combat, and yet Druids are the most popular class in the game.
    Repeating:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's repeat what mister Selective Reading ignored:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Which are also one of the most famous fantasy RPG class, as well as having a different form for each spec, that you can heavily customize with different forms and races, as well as allowing you to still show off your transmog in two of their four specs.
    So, we have:
    • Druids are a staple of fantasy everywhere, the dracthyr are not.
    • Druids' forms are heavily customizable with different models, the dracthyr are not.
    • Druids allow you to show off your transmog in two of its four specs, the dracthyr does not.
    • Druids have four specs, meaning a broader range of gameplay and utility options, the dracthyr does not.
    I missed the part where Blizzard said hybrids can't be dragons.
    I suggest going back to school, then. When you mix two things into one, they stop being either thing, and become a new thing. So, dracthyr may be of draconic descent, but they're not dragons.

Dracthyr use draconic magic. What magic do you think they're using when they're swapping in and out of visage form?
    A weaker version of the dragons' visage ability, since-- according to you-- they can't use dragon magic in visage form, while actual dragons can. That only serves to further set dracthyr and dragons apart.

Yet another example of your clear hypocrisy at work.
    Refusing to engage in your red herring and attempts to derail the conversation is not hypocrisy. We're talking about the dracthyr, and how they look like anorexic salamanders when compared to actual dragons.

I simply said that it's weird for someone to say that a magical flying reptile that breathes fire isn't a dragon.
    Because it's not a dragon? Again, they are of draconic descent, thanks to being hybrids, but they're not dragons.

BTW, pretty hard to put cloaks, backpacks, weapons, and shields in that back slot.
    Not really. And even then, we don't have to, considering what people is asking for is the ability to show their chest piece, tabards and pants.

- - - Updated - - -

Dracthyr are literally a staple of fantasy everywhere, half dragons
    Druid forms are NOT heavily customizable, they are heavily varied, but customizable? lolololol no, you can't customize them worth shit, but there is a wide variety to choose from, MOST of them locked to what race you play
    only 1 and a half specs, the other one requires a glyph which yes does still let you show your mog, but only through a "spectral ghost" visual
    Dracthyr can't be a "staple of fantasy everywhere" since their concept is exclusive to Warcraft, much like demon hunters. Dragons are a staple of the fantasy genre, but not dracthyr.
    Druid forms are customizable. You have the fur of your bear/cat depending on your hair/fur color, you have all the separate forms granted by you through the Legion artifact weapons. You have the Firelands cat, etc.
    So yes, two of their four specs you can show off your transmog. But even if consider just Restoration, that's still way more than the dracthyr allows.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its funny that Dracthyr has more in common with Cockatrice rather than Dragons.

1) being not pure dragon creature, hybrid of dragon + chicken vs dragon + elf/human.

2) being able to breath fire, but in much smaller size than that of actual big dragons.

3) able to glide above earth 5-6 sec, but not actual flying ability.

4) bipedal, while real dragons goes on all four.

Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

It’s the exact same reason Bears, Cats, Moonkin, and Tree form doesn’t got full transmog armor. The Dracthyr have a body structure that works against WoW armor and gear. Again, look at their wings. They alone remove the chance to equip cloaks two handers, and shields because they would clip wildly and simply look terrible.

So yeah, I defend the decision to have their dragon forms be armor-free.
    Again though, that is proven factually inaccurate, because they have humanoid bodies. We've only seen two abilities that use wings, otherwise it's all stuff that ANY race could do (and if you go the Demon Hunter route, could even could even "evoke" their wings temporarily for said abilities". And again, there is NOTHING to suggest they wouldn't be JUST as capable if you threw some weapons and armor on them to be Warriors and Hunters and the like.

Again, I'm not arguing FOR that. But you have to see where your argument is really, really weak.

If they had body types similar to ACTUAL dragons -- even if they're smaller and player-sized -- THEN the comparison to Druid forms becomes valid. And personally, that's the route I would love to see them go. I wouldn't MIND a new traditional race, but I think the idea of a full-blown "playable Dragon" is just WAY more exciting. And if they went that route, they totally COULD give them abilities that REQUIRE them to be Dracthyr, because we could have actual Breath abilities, tail-swipes, slashing with claws, the whole nine yards.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Its funny that Dracthyr has more in common with Cockatrice rather than Dragons.

1) being not pure dragon creature, hybrid of dragon + chicken vs dragon + elf/human.

2) being able to breath fire, but in much smaller size than that of actual big dragons.

3) able to glide above earth 5-6 sec, but not actual flying ability.

4) bipedal, while real dragons goes on all four.

Big facts right here.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Again though, that is proven factually inaccurate, because they have humanoid bodies. We've only seen two abilities that use wings, otherwise it's all stuff that ANY race could do (and if you go the Demon Hunter route, could even could even "evoke" their wings temporarily for said abilities". And again, there is NOTHING to suggest they wouldn't be JUST as capable if you threw some weapons and armor on them to be Warriors and Hunters and the like.
    This is quite a bit different than Demon Hunters though. Demon Hunters show their wings temporarily, either via double jump, metamorphosis, or a couple of abilities. They are not fixtures that remain on the model at all times. Further, there are three abilities: Wing Buffet (Racial), Deep Breath, and Soar. I can assure you that you're going to be seeing a lot of Evoker abilities that are based on them having wings.

And yeah, Blizzard could have made the DE a draconic version of the DH, but they didn't go that route for obvious reasons.

Again, I'm not arguing FOR that. But you have to see where your argument is really, really weak.

If they had body types similar to ACTUAL dragons -- even if they're smaller and player-sized -- THEN the comparison to Druid forms becomes valid. And personally, that's the route I would love to see them go. I wouldn't MIND a new traditional race, but I think the idea of a full-blown "playable Dragon" is just WAY more exciting. And if they went that route, they totally COULD give them abilities that REQUIRE them to be Dracthyr, because we could have actual Breath abilities, tail-swipes, slashing with claws, the whole nine yards.
    Except you're getting a full-blown playable dragon, since DEs are getting abilities directly from Warcraft dragons and draconic heroes. The Dracthyr is simply standing on its hind legs instead of being on all fours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Going out of your way to make something fit your politics isn't a good way to get a large group of people to like your product. I suppose you can do that, but history doesn't show that as an enduring strategy.

Keep politics out of fantasy games
    Excuse me but explain how the fuck having a transgender character is politic ? ESPECIALLY in a fantasy game where a freaking dragon can just assume the form he want ?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post

Even though I think it would’ve had a lot of issues with the size alone, being an actual dragon would’ve been way better than what we’ve been shown so far.

But here’s to hoping that the bulkier options are close to what a lot of people are wanting.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-09 at 12:27 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A magical flying reptile that breathes fire isn’t a dragon?

Interesting.
    Dragon hawks is all of those are have no ties to dragons despite the name.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Dragon hawks is all of those are have no ties to dragons despite the name.

According to this,

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonhawk

They’re half eagle and half lion, not reptiles.

Big facts right here.
    Dracthyr... No! Soythyr... No! Soycocks... YES!

WoW art team should call Samwise to tell them what's W style about because they are lost.

1+ Year Old Account
    According to this,

They’re half eagle and half lion, not reptiles.
    Whoever edited the wiki quite obviously got Dragonhawks mixed up with Gryphons.

Besides in the next few lines (and in the Sylvanas book) they’re described as having scales.
    (How do you get scales from mixing Lion/Eagle?)

They’re as much reptiles as dragons are.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-09 at 03:11 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever edited the wiki quite obviously got Dragonhawks mixed up with Gryphons.

Besides in the next few lines (and in the Sylvanas book) they’re described as having scales.
    (How do you get scales from mixing Lion/Eagle?)

They’re as much reptiles as dragons are.
    They literally have feathers....

Also Dragons tend to have six limbs (arms, legs, and wings). Dragonhawks have no limbs.

That’s fine. You can have your headcanon all to yourself all you want.
    Everyone else, including Blizzard, knows that they’re not actual dragons.
    Yeah, meanwhile Blizzard gave them literal draconic abilities and powers. The have abilities taken directly from characters like Onyxia, Chromie, and Alexstraza, but yeah, they're totally not dragons.

I think it's time for people to simply accept Blizzard's notion that Dracthyr are dragons and move on. This is getting sad.

To support this, I will no longer discuss this topic in this thread. You guys are free to wallow in denialism if you wish. I hope at some point you guys will get some level of satisfaction from the upcoming expansion. If not, oh well.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-07-09 at 03:59 PM.

1+ Year Old Account

Also Dragons tend to have six limbs (arms, legs, and wings). Dragonhawks have no limbs.
    Pretty sure that reptiles can have feathers too, and there were prehistoric reptiles that had feathers.
    Snakes have no limbs yet they are reptiles, so I don’t get your point.

I think it's time for people to simply accept Blizzard's notion that Dracthyr are dragons and move on. This is getting sad.

To support this, I will no longer discuss this topic in this thread. You guys are free to wallow in denialism if you wish. I hope at some point you guys will get some level of satisfaction from the upcoming expansion. If not, oh well.
    That’s fine. You can have your headcanon all to yourself all you want.
    Everyone else, including Blizzard, knows that they’re not actual dragons.

I hope to not see your rage posts after next Alpha (possibly) week when we get confirmation of it from the Dracthyr starting zone.

Specifically the parts where we see/hear of how Neltharion merged mortals with the essences of dragons, making them a form of Drakonid.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-09 at 03:53 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

5+ Year Old Account

So you can count 2/2/2 limbs of dragons while 2 of them being wings, but then wings of Dragonhawks mistically no limbs at all, interesting double standards as always, move on.

This large raptor could carry away a man - on its back, or in its talons. These hawk-like creatures are impressive. Its feathers show brilliant streaks of color on its wings and tail, but its most remarkable feature is its head, which seems like a combination of an hawk and a dragon. Its strong beak gleams wickedly. Straight, colored horns that match its plumage sprout from the beast's head.

As their name implies, dragonhawks resemble a cross between a hawk and a dragon. They look much like large hawks with dragonlike heads and a few other draconic characteristics - long neck, sleek body and large wings. Dragonhawk plumage is brown with touches of blue and red.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-09 at 03:56 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.