Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Christ, skyreach is horrible
    The bosses would be interesting in certain rotations and I imagine we would see tricks with the wind area

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    The bosses would be interesting in certain rotations and I imagine we would see tricks with the wind area
    Would certainly be a great opportunity for DKs to stay the undisputed meta class.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope in 11.0 they add Tinker, and it'll be the 2nd Druid ie. all 4 specs. The suit-up Ironman tank, dual-pistols ranged dps, chainsaws+electric shockers melee dps, potion-grenade healer.
    Last edited by serow081; 2023-03-05 at 02:50 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like patch will launch 15th, although they didn't want to reveal exact date. I wonder if they keep good habit and share 10.1 info same/next week. Preferably as youtube video 8.3 style (hate this fake discussion videos).

I think this patch PTR must start really fast for game to launch first half of May or it will be similar schedule to 9.1 - because patch + season start + world first race must happen outside D4 launch hype window.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Agreed. We need news about patch 10.1 soon.

BTW Wowhead published something new about Azshara in 10.0.7. Of course Nagas would have a book talking about her. Interesting stuff:

''Children of the first flesh?'' Hmmmm do not get this one very well. The first stone-beings affected by the curse of flesh, I guess. Might be the new dwarves that we have heard about or a new type of Djaradin.

''The Harbinger speaks of a primal power that seeks the end of Order. Such rage can be bent to serve our ends'' / ''A hunger lost to the ages will be reclaimed.'' I am guessing that these two are talking about Iridikron.

''A dark heart left broken awaits the taking.'' The heart of Azeroth?
    In the new Uldaman, the keepers there cast curse of stone. I often wonder if even the curse of flesh and it are what created the races or if stone is just the 'ordered' versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    In the new Uldaman, the keepers there cast curse of stone. I often wonder if even the curse of flesh and it are what created the races or if stone is just the 'ordered' versions.
    I'm totally down with the idea that the "Curse of flesh" was nonsense/Old God lies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm totally down with the idea that the "Curse of flesh" was nonsense/Old God lies.
    It feels right that one of them is a debasement of the other. Either the Curse of Stone being the original and the Old Gods cursing the stoneborn with flesh. Or vice versa with the Titans creating the Curse of Stone as a mockery of the Old Gods attempting to curse their troops.

I think the issue with that though is that we never see titan aligned Faceless or similar, unless the Mogu are going to be retconned into it. (Which in saying it, does seem knda plausible with the weird face tentacles on them).
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Anyone who reads the books

What happened with the old god heart after garrosh?

It's long been my assumption that the Titanforged creations were always meant to turn into living beings over time.

While Draenor's Breakers were affected by the "Spirit of Life" before turning into Gronn, Ogron, Ogres and Orcs (remember: Orcs are basically the Gnomes of Draenor) it makes little sense that the Old Gods could perform similar changes.
    Since Life wasn't as rampant on Azeroth, the Titanforged may have been designed to become more "integrated" protectors of the planet and its Soul.

As this was somehow unknown to the Titanforged, this was easily claimed by Old God propaganda.
    "We did this, and we can undo it - if you do what we say"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that they take years to dare to offer new systems that fundamentally change the way of playing when I see the number of people asking hairstyles for their damn character instead of real novelties.

I don't know, a skin tone that you won't see because mogs really interest you more than a new race/class? wtf.

I'm not interested in refocusing on what we already have rather than enriching what we don't have. Who really wants a f*ck*n hairstyle when there's already been the wod revamp + allied races + new customizations. It's good. Move on.

The WoW community really needs to accept the new and stop taking refuge in the past.
    The artist working on new customizations aren’t the same people who work on new systems or gameplay or classes.

At best they could be working on new races or mobs instead but even then they made drac’s while still putting out more options for the other races so it’s not an either or.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I'm still confused to this day as to why the curse of the flesh was being removed by servant of Alakir in Uldum when the curse is supposed to be a tool of the Old gods and Alakir is on their side...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    It's long been my assumption that the Titanforged creations were always meant to turn into living beings over time.

While Draenor's Breakers were affected by the "Spirit of Life" before turning into Gronn, Ogron, Ogres and Orcs (remember: Orcs are basically the Gnomes of Draenor) it makes little sense that the Old Gods could perform similar changes.
    Since Life wasn't as rampant on Azeroth, the Titanforged may have been designed to become more "integrated" protectors of the planet and its Soul.

As this was somehow unknown to the Titanforged, this was easily claimed by Old God propaganda.
    I don't think so. Or if it is the case it wasn't known to the titans that this would happen eventually. Free will comes from the curse of flesh and thats very much against the principles of the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I'm still confused to this day as to why the curse of the flesh was being removed by servant of Alakir in Uldum when the curse is supposed to be a tool of the Old gods and Alakir is on their side...
    The curse of flesh is still widely considered a curse even by the titan constructs like the uldum ones that lived for generations as fleshy beings. Al'akir offered to cure them in turn for their allyship and at some point easy access to the halls of reorigination. The Nefereset agreed to serve al'akir in turn for being cured and regain their stone bodies which they thought are superior. They also thought once they get their bodies back they are powerful enough to overthrow al'akir which they obviously weren't.
    But at this lore is ages old and definetly a bit wonky.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2023-03-05 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Like I said I prefer this curse of flesh nonsense be disposed of or just some big Old God Lie. I'm ok with that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't know, a skin tone that you won't see because mogs really interest you more than a new race/class? wtf.
    Didn't they just add the ability to hide most armor pieces? If anything, this is the best possible time to expand customization, especially since comparatively little effort is needed for it compared to certain other changes. It's fairly little work for a good payoff and something enjoyable for just about everybody.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's been stated, at least in older lore, that the Titans usually did seed organic life, with Azeroth being the exception. However, I personally would hate it if the Curse of Flesh was retconned into a deliberate quality of Titan constructs, because it would effectively remove one of the few things left that gives Warcraft any spirit of its own or one of the few things that actually works decently with the new "teh cosmuc forshes r extreems" spiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Didn't they just add the ability to hide most armor pieces? If anything, this is the best possible time to expand customization, especially since comparatively little effort is needed for it compared to certain other changes. It's fairly little work for a good payoff and something enjoyable for just about everybody.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's been stated, at least in older lore, that the Titans usually did seed organic life, with Azeroth being the exception. However, I personally would hate it if the Curse of Flesh was retconned into a deliberate quality of Titan constructs, because it would effectively remove one of the few things left that gives Warcraft any spirit of its own or one of the few things that actually works decently with the new "teh cosmuc forshes r extreems" spiel.
    The curse of flesh will likely be changed to something like "the old god influence created flash and the watchers called it a curse because it wasn't a pure gift from the Titans" and "the old gods saw flesh as a gift because it created more possibilities for the beings on Azeroth and allowed them to spread their message"

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    The curse of flesh will likely be changed to something like "the old god influence created flash and the watchers called it a curse because it wasn't a pure gift from the Titans" and "the old gods saw flesh as a gift because it created more possibilities for the beings on Azeroth and allowed them to spread their message"
    I think it's probably it. Like being "fleshy" isn't intrinsically bad, is just that it makes beings less controllable as constructs, vulnerable to outside forces -such as the Void-

Like yeah the Void did do it in order to advance its own plans, but they could also re-frame it as being at least partially about free will.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I think it's probably it. Like being "fleshy" isn't intrinsically bad, is just that it makes beings less controllable as constructs, vulnerable to outside forces -such as the Void-

Like yeah the Void did do it in order to advance its own plans, but they could also re-frame it as being at least partially about free will.
    I figure that it's best not to frame it strictly as a matter of free will being an objective of the Void per se, as that provides too familiar of an outlook to the Old Gods and the Void as a whole. I think a better way to frame it is that free will is contingent on the illimitable potential of the Void, with the former as a byproduct of or a means to achieve the latter, which is what the Void was trying to accomplish. It's not an exceptionally obvious distinction, but it's one that I think should be made.

I figure that it's best not to frame it strictly as a matter of free will being an objective of the Void per se, as that provides too familiar of an outlook to the Old Gods and the Void as a whole. I think a better way to frame it is that free will is contingent on the illimitable potential of the Void, with the former as a byproduct of or a means to achieve the latter, which is what the Void was trying to accomplish. It's not an exceptionally obvious distinction, but it's one that I think should be made.
    Indeed. Not go the route of "Actually we're good and we did it for you" but as in their agenda requires free will from sentient beings so they can manipulate it. Contrasting that to "Order" and their tendency to hinder free will in their agenda of peace, which at its worst can lead to totalitarism.

I would like that at leas one major Void related character was actually just super into letting everyone do what they want, total entropy. Someone that didn't care about the cosmic game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Indeed. Not go the route of "Actually we're good and we did it for you" but as in their agenda requires free will from sentient beings so they can manipulate it. Contrasting that to "Order" and their tendency to hinder free will in their agenda of peace, which at its worst can lead to totalitarism.

I would like that at leas one major Void related character was actually just super into letting everyone do what they want, total entropy. Someone that didn't care about the cosmic game at all.
    Re: entropy, that actually draws to mind a good comparison. A state of absolute stasis and a state of absolute randomness will both bring about the same end result—that is to say, a complete lack of anything constructive. It would result in an absolute void, devoid of anything of legitimate substance. I actually prefer this to the idea of a haphazard allegory for anarchy and totalitarianism, as I figure that a metaphysical conflict like this lends itself better to something more absolute and universal in nature.

Re: entropy, that actually draws to mind a good comparison. A state of absolute stasis and a state of absolute randomness will both bring about the same end result—that is to say, a complete lack of anything constructive. It would result in an absolute void, devoid of anything of legitimate substance. I actually prefer this to the idea of a haphazard allegory for anarchy and totalitarianism, as I figure that a metaphysical conflict like this lends itself better to something more absolute and universal in nature.
    I like to think that that distinct forces *negative* outcomes are not necessarily parallels of the others, nor do they need to be contrasted thematically, nor be neat allegories. The downside of Order is gonna be Authoritatrism in some aspect, and should be explored as such, doesn't mean it has to be reflected on other cosmic power as Anarchy.