Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    Who cares, it happens.
    Entirely irrelevant to even bring up due to the miniscule amount of players who are capable of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Tanks have the luxury to be rare and they have just to look after themselves, mostly. I think healers have a way harder time pugging for mythic dungeons in general due to all four other group members relying on you. But that's a completely different topic.
    Spoken like someone who doesn't ever tank, "mostly."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    Anyone else think that this particular euphemism has had its day? I mean it was cool three months ago but now it’s just a way to be trashy.
    I think you took personal offense to it because it describes you well. Your need for ad hominems doesn't help your case either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I think we've found the DPS that is to blame for all the failures they blame the tanks for.
    Why though? He is pretty much right. The number one complaint from tanks is about M+ routes.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    People really are going out of there way to find every excuse in the book to keep tanks being far too strong, huh?
    More like people have no idea what they're talking about. Nobody that tanked Liu Flameheart or various other tank buster mechanics on high M+ testing thinks tanks are "far too strong" unless you just want them to die through CDs because that was already basically happening. I love how random nobodies are experts on tank strength based on mythic 0s on live. Also tell a brewmaster they're far too strong right now and they might spit out their drink laughing at you. Hey brew guess you diffuse magic the first jade serpent kick, DH the 2nd and then you just die to the 3rd if DH was even enough to save you from the 2nd. GG homies way too strong.

If you weren't testing M+ weekends on the beta you are in no position to judge tank strength. I'm going to laugh at the shit show of dps expecting to get their weekly 15+ this coming week but tank busters cucking them from timing keys to get far enough. A well earned failure for anyone who complained "tanks are OP in irrelevant content". The sweaty players are still going to get their 20s because they tested the hell out of the beta and know all these bs scenarios but for the randoms who haven't? Good luck friends.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-12-11 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title.

Tanks deal insane amounts of damage, they have insane self heal and inarguably the best defense and survivability tools in the game (hint: they're tanks).

Didn't Blizzard intend to avoid situations like these, when tanks are basically the holy trinity in unison? I just don't get the idea behind this - I'm playing a healer and it's very comfortable for me, but they seem way too overtuned right now.

What's the reason for this?
    if you think that tanks do insane dmg its most likely because dps in group fail hard.

or you have competent tank who knows how to stack dps trinkets with all offensive cds properly and runs in offensive aoe builds and dps who are in group dont know their classes and because hey do do huge pulls.

m+ will come and untill you will get geared tank will again be runing in defensive builds with defensive trinkets with safe pulls and their dps will be much much lower.

i really cant wait for next week when everyone will get mauled and shreeded hard in m+ and they will come runing to forums about how overtuned instances are.

and nobody will rememeber this nonsense whining about tanks.

all those " i did +20 while in full mythic raid gear therefore i can show my e-pen hard on forums " will shup up imidiately on wednesday.thursday when they cant time +7 and will blame it on everyone .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2022-12-11 at 11:10 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    Entirely irrelevant to even bring up due to the miniscule amount of players who are capable of it.
    Its relevant, you just can't let go. It happens, there is a world where people don't need healers. Who cares how many people are capable of it, there isn't a world without tanks. Just let go kid.

1+ Year Old Account
    Its relevant, you just can't let go. It happens, there is a world where people don't need healers. Who cares how many people are capable of it, there isn't a world without tanks. Just let go kid.
    It's not relevant to any discussion at all when talking about the game as a whole. It's like being all "HURR, PEOPLE CLEAR MYTHIC RAID FIRST FEW WEEKS, IT'S DOABLE". Like, yes, but the vast majority of players are not ever going to be capable of that, which means it's not really relevant when talking about the game as a whole. The people who do these things are the exceptional players among the already top players and don't even make up 0.1% of the playerbase.
    Last edited by lllll; 2022-12-11 at 11:53 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not relevant to any discussion at all when talking about the game as a whole. It's like being all "HURR, PEOPLE CLEAR MYTHIC RAID FIRST FEW WEEKS, IT'S DOABLE". Like, yes, but the vast majority of players are not ever going to be capable of that, which means it's not really relevant when talking about the game as a whole. The people who do these things are the exceptional players among the already top players and don't even make up 0.1% of the playerbase.
    Dude, get a life and learn to damn read. I said the first thing you get rid of is a healer, and you can never get rid of a tank. Learn to read, get a life. Why are you so mad? Rhetorical question.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats the nature of the game leaning heavily toward M+. Tanks need to do that much self healing at high keys, the healers ideally never worry about healing the tank and can spend that time dpsing.

Im not saying its good or bad design its just what the game is right now.

1+ Year Old Account
    Dude, get a life and learn to damn read. I said the first thing you get rid of is a healer, and you can never get rid of a tank. Learn to read, get a life. Why are you so mad? Rhetorical question.
    You're simply wrong, the vast majority of people can't ever get rid of a healer. It's only exceptional players among the already top players that can do that and most people are nowhere good enough to play like that. It's dishonest to act as if it's possible for people to play without a healer and doesn't belong in any discussion that's not specifically about those exceptional players.

Pointing out someone is posting stuff that only applies to not even 0.1% of the player base isn't being mad.
    Last edited by lllll; 2022-12-12 at 12:05 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're simply wrong, the vast majority of people can't ever get rid of a healer. It's only exceptional players among the already top players that can do that and most people are nowhere good enough to play like that. It's dishonest to act as if it's possible for people to play without a healer.

Pointing out someone is posting stuff that only applies to not even 0.1% of the player base isn't being mad.
    I'm not wrong. It doesn't matter if the "vast majority" can't do it. The fact of the matter is the first thing you cut in any setting is a healer, not a dps, not a tank. It doesn't matter what percentage can do it, its the fact, again for your little brain I'll say it again. The first thing you cut in any setting is a healer, not a dps, not a tank.
    And yes, you're mad that you are wrong right now.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm not wrong. It doesn't matter if the "vast majority" can't do it. The fact of the matter is the first thing you cut in any setting is a healer, not a dps, not a tank. It doesn't matter what percentage can do it, its the fact, again for your little brain I'll say it again. The first thing you cut in any setting is a healer, not a dps, not a tank.
    Ok, go do ruby life pools without a healer, on +15, on tuesday. Record it and post the video here.

Show us how it's done.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, go do ruby life pools without a healer, on +15, on tuesday. Record it and post the video here.

Show us how it's done.
    Again, the first thing you drop is a healer, not a tank not a dps. How many times will it have to be said before it gets in your tiny little skull?

1+ Year Old Account
    Again, the first thing you drop is a healer, not a tank not a dps. How many times will it have to be said before it gets in your tiny little skull?
    Again, it doesn't matter what exceptional players among the top people do.

They're irrelevant in a discussion unless it's specifically about them.

Show us how it goes to drop a healer now on tuesday.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Again, it doesn't matter what exceptional players among the top people do.

They're irrelevant in a discussion unless it's specifically about them.

Show us how it goes to drop a healer now on tuesday.
    You sound like you're in pug purgatory. Again I'll say it again for your little skull, The FIRST thing you WOULD drop is a healer, not a dps, not a tank. keywordS FIRST and WOULD. Hopefully your feeble mind can understand.

1+ Year Old Account
    You sound like you're in pug purgatory. Again I'll say it again for your little skull, The FIRST thing you WOULD drop is a healer, not a dps, not a tank. keywordS FIRST and WOULD. Hopefully your feeble mind can understand.
    I'll say it again: It doesn't matter what the exceptional players among the top players do. They're irrelevant in any discussion that's not specifically about them.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it again: It doesn't matter what the exceptional players among the top players do. They're irrelevant in any discussion that's not specifically about them.
    Damn you got me I didn't know I should get rid of all my dps and just make them healers all my groups are going to go so well now. Nice.

1+ Year Old Account
    Damn you got me I didn't know I should get rid of all my dps and just make them healers all my groups are going to go so well now. Nice.
    Strawman.

What you're doing is the equivalent of barging into a discussion about weight lifting at an amateur level and going "BRUH, HAFTHOR CAN LIFT (INSERT AMOUNT), IT'S DOABLE". Like, it's not relevant what he can do, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    thats the nature of the game leaning heavily toward M+. Tanks need to do that much self healing at high keys, the healers ideally never worry about healing the tank and can spend that time dpsing.

Im not saying its good or bad design its just what the game is right now.
    So they can spend that time keeping the group alive more than anything. Yes free globals for DPS is nice but this is an overall clueless take when there are pulls and bosses in DF M+ where a healer will need to do 100k hps to keep the group alive. It's not just about dps globals lmao. If a healer has to waste time using inefficient single target heals on the tank the group is going to die in many situations on M+. This is why tank specs that need healers babysitting their health bar are never meta in M+, not just more dps globals which is just a nice bonus.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Strawman.

What you're doing is the equivalent of barging into a discussion about weight lifting at an amateur level and going "BRUH, HAFTHOR CAN LIFT (INSERT AMOUNT), IT'S DOABLE". Like, it's not relevant what he can do, at all.
    Dude you were the one who barged into this discussion. You were the one who quoted me not knowing what was being talked about you ARE the one that doesn't know what he's talking about. You should just learn to read and shut up. I'll say it one more time for your tiny smooth brain. The FIRST thing you WOULD drop in a raid or dungeon is a healer not a tank. Go back and read what was being said kid unless you want to continue your trash "argument" saying it doesn't matter what can be done. Its the first thing done end of discussion.