Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Felwaffles View Post
    Still in the process of setting it up. Gonna look terrible for a bit.
    Yeah, I know. Just what I saw from looking at the screenshot provided

So back after almost a 2 year break, and I think this is the first UI I've ever put so much time into (And it's not even completed yet lol!). Anyway, this is just the center of the UI and what everything is going to revolve around. I feel as though some of the KGPanels are off slightly, but for the life of me couldn't get them to all be 100% pixel perfect. At first glance it's kinda hard to tell so I can live with it.

Anyway, all criticism is greatly appreciated. Especially from those UI Vets I've been copying for years!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Going to be changing it a bit aesthetically. Mess with textures and colours but for now I think the layout is okay. A typical layout for me really, so nothing amazeballs.

Think I'm going to drop the party frame down the side so that the top party member is in-line with the ToT/Player/Target setup.

I don't have one line of chat, I have an old addon that minimizes chat whilst inactive and then maximizes it when I get a message through a certain channel.

To see any changes that I go through, stream is in my sig. I actually have a decent internet connection these days.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2014-09-06 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I don't have one line of chat, I have an old addon that minimizes chat whilst inactive and then maximizes it when I get a message through a certain channel.
    This is Chicchai for anyone that's interested. It has some bugs with docked chat frames, but otherwise works perfectly fine.

Does anyone know any nice pixel border minimaps? i did try useing ooMinimap but it eats the quest tracker and i cant get it back. kinda annoying and it seems alot of minimaps had "gone" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Does anyone know any nice pixel border minimaps? i did try useing ooMinimap but it eats the quest tracker and i cant get it back. kinda annoying and it seems alot of minimaps had "gone" lol
    Cant you just diable the minimap border and use a KGPanel for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't using the Sexymap addon help? You can edit the map in any shape or form you like, then. I do recommend getting the "texbrowser" addon as well to look up which borders you can create

I used qMinimap @ wowinterface for this.
    It has no standalone editor so you'll have to make changes directly to the file and do a reload to see anything.
    I have a shadow on mine but you can eliminate that if you'd like, and the text that is present is from SLDT, not from qMinimap, btw.
    Last edited by infamousX; 2014-09-07 at 09:38 PM.

BasicMinimap would be perfect for you. I would also recommend Wanderlust if you're comfortable with editing the lua files to get it set up.

Deleted
    Can any1 get Birg's Interface to work? Either his Monk or Mage UI? If so, please msg me, I am getting more and more desperate -.-

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/YYqRrzA.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/YYqRrzAm.jpg[/url]

Going to be changing it a bit aesthetically. Mess with textures and colours but for now I think the layout is okay. A typical layout for me really, so nothing amazeballs.

Think I'm going to drop the party frame down the side so that the top party member is in-line with the ToT/Player/Target setup.

To see any changes that I go through, stream is in my sig. I actually have a decent internet connection these days.
    Luving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephana View Post
    Can any1 get Birg's Interface to work? Either his Monk or Mage UI? If so, please msg me, I am getting more and more desperate -.-
    There you go: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...or-317861.html
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Skipping over all the "omg love it" & "plox release nao" messages lol, a few constructive comments for you <3
    1. The roll icons on your party frames could be a little larger. You have the space for it and the artwork clarity is currently being compromised at that small of a scale.
    2. An idea to replace the overlapping party leader icon: maybe color only the party leader name yellow rather than having an icon?
    3. Honest question, do you need ToT health? If so its whatever, just wondering :P
    4. Treat the text on your aura icons the same as your target's debuffs. (ie larger numbers and positioned a little higher)
    5. I feel like the incombat swords are a little too large
    6. I hate the color of the pet bar lol, maybe you could just make it hunter class colored? or the same color as your castbar? I dunno, the gray is off imho.
    7. The difference in vertical and horizontal spacing between the actionbar icons is uncharacteristic of you :P

Hope some of that is helpful
    <3
    Ish

ps, glad you're back

Just running with some of the stuff Kaitain has shown us so far, I slapped together a bit of a character sheet.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    ps, glad you're back
    Glad to be back, hopefully I am going to stick around for a while this time around and as always, a big fan of your critique.

1. I have been attempting to change the role icons to the square alternatives that are floating around somewhere but I've been unable to locate the ones I want. If you know where I could find some I would greatly appreciate it! (The ones in this screenshot I have: http://i.imgur.com/BuiZ0Dg.jpg)
    2. That's a grand suggestion. I will try and figure out how to do it and set it up.
    3. I don't, the text is something I'm going to mess with, probably go back to it half on the frame similar to the above link.
    4. That's something I overlooked when I switched to rBuffFrame instead of using the oUF layout for player buffs.
    5. Agreed. I am probably going to get rid of it.
    6. Colours are something I am working on (it's not actually gray, it's green!) It changes colour depending on health%.
    7. I'll get to it!

If you happen to use Dominos for your action bars, there is a quest mover that can be downloaded separate from the core addon. Search for Dominos Quest if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Just running with some of the stuff Kaitain has shown us so far, I slapped together a bit of a character sheet.

Those looks so awesome. Wish I could add something like that and get it to work :E

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Is it possible to make the "Skada", "Map" and "Chat" tabs have their respective function toggled on a click? Maybe that is how you're having it right now? Would be a really cool option to have.

Either way, could you pretty please upload that top and bottom bar thingies somewhere? It looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Is it possible to make the "Skada", "Map" and "Chat" tabs have their respective function toggled on a click? Maybe that is how you're having it right now? Would be a really cool option to have.

Either way, could you pretty please upload that top and bottom bar thingies somewhere? It looks great!
    Currently the tabs function as clickable buttons to toggle their respective frame.

The top and bottom bars are just kgPanels with SLDT for data texts. The bottom bar also has a WeakAura laid over it

Here's a link to my kgPanels string.

Here's a link to the WA string.

Also, a quick video.

@Arborus
    While I really love the animations on the character/talent panels, I imagine that the animations behind the data texts would draw my attention unnecessarily to an area that is not really all that important to a good performance in-game.

Just my initial thought upon viewing the vid.