Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

My UI users have been asking me to re-add blizz gryphons for years now, but I didn't want to mix hi-res and low-res textures. As the result some of them even made WAs for gryphons
    So today I finally drew a custom gryphon, it's even lore-accurate unlike the default one, mine has bird front paws It still requires some tweaking, some shadows/highlights are a bit too strong, but whatevs, there's plenty of time till 10.x.

-- edit #1

Actually, I went ahead and finished it this morning.

Had to redo the animation a bit as well.

Very nice ! What is your UI name?

Edit : Nvm found it's ls-ui
    Last edited by Silvereyes1372; 2022-07-28 at 11:55 AM.

Now that I think about it, I should also add a proper horde version with a wyvern. Later...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginji View Post
    this looks so great, very good work...I thought I would use the new Blizz ui with DF but now i don't thinks so lmao
    Yeah, it's quite funny, after they announced and showed off the updated UI, I actually started getting even more requests to keep my UI updated, lol. Many people aren't really hyped about their revamp.

It's by no means as flexible as elvui, being artwork heavy has its own limitations, but I keep adding new stuff to it or rework what clearly doesn't work good enough. It's good enough for HC and even low-tier/relaxed M raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    Very nice ! What is your UI name?

Edit : Nvm found it's ls-ui

And thanks :>
    Last edited by ls-; 2022-07-28 at 12:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

My UI users have been asking me to re-add blizz gryphons for years now, but I didn't want to mix hi-res and low-res textures. As the result some of them even made WAs for gryphons
    So today I finally drew a custom gryphon, it's even lore-accurate unlike the default one, mine has bird front paws It still requires some tweaking, some shadows/highlights are a bit too strong, but whatevs, there's plenty of time till 10.x.

-- edit #1

Actually, I went ahead and finished it this morning.

Had to redo the animation a bit as well.
    Really great job, I really like seeing custom stuff like this!

Hey, I only did that for someone in the UI comments. :P

Nice gryphons though!
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Quote Originally Posted by Cyraxe View Post
    Hey, I only did that for someone in the UI comments. :P

Nice gryphons though!
    You weren't the first one to ever do it :P The current iteration of the bar cluster is like 3-4yo at this point, and I've heard/seen it A LOT over the years. Even in comments on curse, when they're still enabled XD

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Really great job, I really like seeing custom stuff like this!
    Thankies to both of you :>

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it, I should also add a proper horde version with a wyvern.
    Very nice. Does your UI work with Classic?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Very nice. Does your UI work with Classic?
    Thanks. No, it doesn't since I don't play Classic. Supporting a version of the game that I don't play is a massive pita. I'm just one person who both draws textures and writes code, even supporting the retail version alone is a bit too much for me sometimes.

Holy moly, these are increadible.

Thanks. No, it doesn't since I don't play Classic. Supporting a version of the game that I don't play is a massive pita. I'm just one person who both draws textures and writes code, even supporting the retail version alone is a bit too much for me sometimes.
    If only i was that good in doing art.

Holy hell it's awesome. I always wanted to make my minimal layouts to blend more with the classic UI because i think you can easily have both. Makes also much easier and manageable to have consistent looks through patches.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Holy moly, these are increadible.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If only i was that good in doing art.
    It's never too late to start drawing. I'm actually considering quitting programming professionally and switching to art. I know it's a massive pay cut and whatnot, but I've been programming for 16y and I'm kinda getting tired of this samey bs >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Holy hell it's awesome. I always wanted to make my minimal layouts to blend more with the classic UI because i think you can easily have both. Makes also much easier and manageable to have consistent looks through patches.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I like keeping things consistent with the default UI. Colour palette, textures, etc, just of a higher quality. The goal has always been to make it look stock, like something Blizz would make now.

It's never too late to start drawing. I'm actually considering quitting programming professionally and switching to art. I know it's a massive pay cut and whatnot, but I've been programming for 16y and I'm kinda getting tired of this samey bs >_>

Yeah, I like keeping things consistent with the default UI. Colour palette, textures, etc, just of a higher quality. The goal has always been to make it look stock, like something Blizz would make now.
    If i have the free time to start, then i'll try.

I fully agree - the default UI style really fits the game, it just feels old and it has basically no useful function. It's something they're fixing/chnaging for DF so right now i'm fine with my pixelated style, and i just like pixel text as it's smaller but also clearer to me.

But since i'm going extremely minimalistic and basically removing all the text i can/dislike (like all my auras are done via scrollframes and i created the effect of the spell icon slowly recharging or depleting between the standard and greyscale), making more "fitting" borders and textures for the frame, or better texture effects would improve the look 1000x without stopping being minimal.

I'll start putting my hands on this with DF, since i'll have to fix my addons anyway.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Cool My work

Here is my work. Unfortunately, the materials have been lost.....

mega.nz/file/qANwESoY#eVqMB5I2R8S_PgsouibWLUhn2oDBcTnY0x4OxnBGGZw

I can't attach any links or imgs, try this....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCatt View Post
    Here is my work. Unfortunately, the materials have been lost.....

http://mega.nz/file/qANwESoY#eVqMB5I...TnY0x4OxnBGGZw

I can't attach any links or imgs, try this....
    Fixed the link.
    I think everybody's nuts.

The wyvern is 99% done, I still want to tweak it a bit, but here's both the wyvern and the gryphon side by side.

The wyvern is 99% done, I still want to tweak it a bit, but here's both the wyvern and the gryphon side by side.

They look fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Fixed the link.
    thank you......bro

Hey could anyone give me a hand? I am looking for a texture that, seemingly, EVERYONE has but me. It's a light to dark gradient. It's not harsh, it's gradual, I have a picture of it but I can't post links yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaShanty View Post
    Hey could anyone give me a hand? I am looking for a texture that, seemingly, EVERYONE has but me. It's a light to dark gradient. It's not harsh, it's gradual, I have a picture of it but I can't post links yet.
    What is the texture used for? Try cutting the link — I can piece it together. :-)

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a recreation of the famous AlzaUI for WoW Classic. I found a working version of his UI on some russian forum and saved all screenshots of that UI i could find on the internet. If anyone has the last version he released i would very much like a link for that.

The recreation i am working on is based on ElvUI and some custom changes from me. I will post a screenshot of my progress soon.

( all-infowow.ru/fr/8/pvw28536 .jpg) - Screenshot of ALZA_UI_2.2
    Last edited by FuraFura; 2022-08-13 at 12:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/lJ6Q4XJNGNw

Slowly getting towards something nice.