Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    ye im just trying to get a huge amount of haste and see how that goes, just for fun
    So I got my 4pc Sanctified last night and also [Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves]. With all of the rearranging of my gear I gained ~130AP, lost 1% haste, and basically everything else stayed the same.

As of right now, Rawr is telling me that my yellow gem sockets(4Str) should be Str/Haste and that gemming pure Str is better than making the bonus with 10Str/10Crit. Ughh!! The crit threshold is hella annoying because it's gonna cost me a serious chunk of gold to stay min/max'd by Rawr standards. Replaced two of my Str/Crit gems last night alone(gems that were in gear I already had).

As far as the Putricide thing goes, I was able to pull 8300 (7700(e)) on him last night. The one time I got hit with Choking was right as he cast Tear Gas before going into his final phase. Effectively, I only had ~2 seconds of debuffed time spent attacking him. Probably would have been a bit higher had I not gotten targeted by an Ooze and lost a stack. Little green bastards!!

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Cellot
    One of the better geared paly's I've seen on these forums.

You have the bracers that refuse to drop for me :P

My only qualm is with your cloak; terrible terrible cloak for ret. If you're short on expertise; glyph for it or even gem for it. Go for gunship or festergut cloaks.

9/10 just for that cloak, otherwise, exceptionally well done.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Go pug ToC and get DV. :P It's better than greatness and war totem!

I'd take bloodfall; probably because no one was really wants it. (Our hunters and ferals want arp). Then bloodfall can hold me over until shards start a'droppin' more and I get shadowmourne. (12/50)
    ive tried it for alot of weeks, but it just wont drop for me or im losing on the rolls.. but i do know its better, the droprate is just sucky for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    So I got my 4pc Sanctified last night and also [Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves]. With all of the rearranging of my gear I gained ~130AP, lost 1% haste, and basically everything else stayed the same.

As of right now, Rawr is telling me that my yellow gem sockets(4Str) should be Str/Haste and that gemming pure Str is better than making the bonus with 10Str/10Crit. Ughh!! The crit threshold is hella annoying because it's gonna cost me a serious chunk of gold to stay min/max'd by Rawr standards. Replaced two of my Str/Crit gems last night alone(gems that were in gear I already had).

As far as the Putricide thing goes, I was able to pull 8300 (7700(e)) on him last night. The one time I got hit with Choking was right as he cast Tear Gas before going into his final phase. Effectively, I only had ~2 seconds of debuffed time spent attacking him. Probably would have been a bit higher had I not gotten targeted by an Ooze and lost a stack. Little green bastards!!
    i have fleshrending gloves atm, im happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    i have fleshrending gloves atm, im happy with that
    Yeah, I know those are better but we have never seen a pair drop. Not much I can do about that. At the time I won the gloves, I was wearing 5/5 Sanctified. Last night we got HM Festergut to 6% with 40 seconds to go before the enrage. That kill was gonna be the heroic glove drop, I know it. Unfortunately, people's brains starting dribbling out their ears and half the ranged died to vile gas. GG wipe again. Would have been really nice to pull off a top 200 US kill on that guy.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice

I'd probably question regemming everytime you get a new item. Yes, technically if min/maxing you'd want to... but at the same time I don't really follow RAWR as gospel. I use it primarily for setting up sets and figuring out expertise/hit caps.

Regemming EVERY time you get an item because of crit cap just seems a bit overboard because RAWR tells you to. The same program once told me to gem 3 NMT in one item and also said that pure crit gems were better than STR. The program is NOT flawless; and for something as small as the difference between gems I wouldn't worry about it.

Also; I enjoy my festergut gloves quite nicely. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    I'd probably question regemming everytime you get a new item. Yes, technically if min/maxing you'd want to... but at the same time I don't really follow RAWR as gospel. I use it primarily for setting up sets and figuring out expertise/hit caps.

Regemming EVERY time you get an item because of crit cap just seems a bit overboard because RAWR tells you to. The same program once told me to gem 3 NMT in one item and also said that pure crit gems were better than STR. The program is NOT flawless; and for something as small as the difference between gems I wouldn't worry about it.

Also; I enjoy my festergut gloves quite nicely. :-)
    It appears that you do not have Rawr setup properly. If you did, it would never suggest more than 1 NMT and it would only do that if you didn't have one somewhere else in your gear already. Its under the gemming template.

If the combined gain by swapping out those gems had resulted in less than 1 DPS (with the proper settings), I would have ignored the difference. By my settings and using the exact buffs I gain in our raid, I was presented with a difference of 1-1.2 DPS per gem swap. Call me nuts, but I will replace a gem for 1 DPS. What else is gold good for?

Previous posts are discussion so there is no one to rate. I'll get the ball rolling again.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...3Ci&rhtml=true

Ignore the spec

I've found preference in only gemming for the + Strength bonus with a +10Str/+10Crit gem if the bonus wields 6 strength or more, as opposed to the 4 strength that is recommended. What are other people's thoughts on that?

15+ Year Old Account

i wasn't specced into Ret subtree deeper than 18talents in my whole life, so sorry for not rating.
    one of my guildmates asked me to post his armory - he's looking for some improvements.
    link

----
    note that there are unreviewed armory above my post
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by Myysticc
    Previous posts are discussion so there is no one to rate. I'll get the ball rolling again.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...3Ci&rhtml=true
    Ignore the spec
    I've found preference in only gemming for the + Strength bonus with a +10Str/+10Crit gem if the bonus wields 6 strength or more, as opposed to the 4 strength that is recommended. What are other people's thoughts on that?
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Myysticc

Currently, it is actually better to gem str/crit for socket bonuses that are 4 strength or more, not just 6 strength.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros
    Currently, it is actually better to gem str/crit for socket bonuses that are 4 strength or more, not just 6 strength.
    3str per socket

Why does everyone have Fleshrending Gauntlets, Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompas and TAJ except me?

i dont

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Cr%C3%BCel

rate ~

and hi there adeleigh! how's prov?

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedout
    Well looking at your character, it looks decent enough gear-wise. Your spec however is something I'd have trouble with if I were your classleader in ICC. Aura Mastery is too important a raid cooldown to not take, and 2/2 Divine Purpose and 2/2 Guardian's Favor is nice, but sadly also totally useless in any encounter of ICC. I can't even think of once where a stun-break is much good on any encounter wether on normal or hardmode. Aura mastery however is something that is more or less vital to have on an encounter such as Lich King and can mean the difference between wipe or kill in the last phase or the phasetransitions.

I suggest you drop GF and DP and go deeper into holy to take Aura Mastery (have a look at my spec below if you need pointers )

My own armory profile:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Anardil

as for my own gear..let's just say that my guild has literally little to no luck at getting Conqueror's Mark of Sanctification. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Eärendil
    Well looking at your character, it looks decent enough gear-wise. Your spec however is something I'd have trouble with if I were your classleader in ICC. Aura Mastery is too important a raid cooldown to not take, and 2/2 Divine Purpose and 2/2 Guardian's Favor is nice, but sadly also totally useless in any encounter of ICC. I can't even think of once where a stun-break is much good on any encounter wether on normal or hardmode. Aura mastery however is something that is more or less vital to have on an encounter such as Lich King and can mean the difference between wipe or kill in the last phase or the phasetransitions.

I suggest you drop GF and DP and go deeper into holy to take Aura Mastery (have a look at my spec below if you need pointers )

My own armory profile:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Anardil

as for my own gear..let's just say that my guild has literally little to no luck at getting Conqueror's Mark of Sanctification. -_-
    Only minor things i could find:
    Over hit cap (Who isn't >.>)
    Over the expertise cap by a fair margin

Other than that, I wish i had some of the gear he has xP

My guild can't get past Festergut without the 5% buff, so there you go in terms of my gear.

EDIT: Forgot to link my armory >.> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...roth&cn=Cievia

2nd EDIT: Gah! As i was perusing my own armory - I detected some faults, The wrong gem in my hands and the wrist socket/wrong gem are updating now.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&cn=Cievia

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag
    i wasn't specced into Ret subtree deeper than 18talents in my whole life, so sorry for not rating.
    one of my guildmates asked me to post his armory - he's looking for some improvements.
    link
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cievia
    Only minor things i could find:
    Over hit cap (Who isn't >.>)
    Over the expertise cap by a fair margin

Other than that, I wish i had some of the gear he has xP

My guild can't get past Festergut without the 5% buff, so there you go in terms of my gear.

EDIT: Forgot to link my armory >.> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...roth&cn=Cievia

2nd EDIT: Gah! As i was perusing my own armory - I detected some faults, The wrong gem in my hands and the wrist socket/wrong gem are updating now.
    The only thing I can see wrong here is insanely over the hit cap, but as you said, who isn't at the moment? Changing your gems around in your chest and Bryntroll: 3 20 strength in chest and 20 strength + 10 stats on bryntroll is the recommended gemmage, the same as mine basically:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...reaker&cn=Aiur

Be gentle, I've been away for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiur
    The only thing I can see wrong here is insanely over the hit cap, but as you said, who isn't at the moment? Changing your gems around in your chest and Bryntroll: 3 20 strength in chest and 20 strength + 10 stats on bryntroll is the recommended gemmage, the same as mine basically:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...reaker&cn=Aiur

Be gentle, I've been away for a bit.
    Aiur: Thanks a bunch! I didn't know that, but it seems to be better - Thanks

Everyone else: Disregard my post and rate Aiur accordingly =)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&cn=Cievia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...g&cn=Holyoogla

I don't raid cause I no longer have the time and I'm in a complete different time zone. The only gear I have access to is badge loot and 5 man drops.

*gulp* rate away ><