Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: An Assault on Two Fronts - Patch 3.9

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan
    Aww... I'm getting sick of these setbacks! :<
    Now what? Garrosh killing Cairne was merely a setback?
    More like "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." I'm betting Cairne will be inside Maraudon Heroic, to tell you "Yeah actually I needed him to kill me so I could rally the elementals to get this zone shipshape. So I went and had a few drinks with the night elf druids in Moonglade, to try to figure out what kind of stuff we could pull to make Garrosh think I was a traitor.

Turns out just talking with them was enough to get my head stuffed and mounted on the wall of Grommash Hold. Oh well."

Quote Originally Posted by Nadrii
    I actually have no idea. That wall of text is too long for me. We'll find out soon though!
    Wall of text? There's around 500 words in each...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account

Setbacks all round! It looks awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

3.9 is correct as it happens before 4.0.

This is pre-Cataclysm. I don't understand where the confusion is coming from.

Like someone previously posted...
    x.y.z: x refers to game version (ie: 1 = Vanilla, 2 = TBC and 3 = WotLK), y refers to major content patch (ie: 2.3 = Zul'Aman and 2.4 = Sunwell) and the z refers to a minor patch that usually contains small fixes and updates.

Just 6 more major patches to go guys, and we will finally get a taste of Cataclysm!!! I can't wait for this in 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv
    Cool, but '3.9'? Doesn't make sense..
    You're not making sense. Version numbers are just arbitrary sequence of numbers, they don't have to be consecutive or follow a rigid scheme. Version numbers are just names arbitrarily assigned to a build of the game and the only convention they really follow is that they are ordered numerically.

Anyway, 3.9 does make a lot of sense because unlike 2.0 and 3.0, a huge portion of the content of the new xpack will be available also for people who don't have cataclysm. So the only way they can prepare the servers in advance for cataclysm without making the new azeroth available before the actual cataclysm release date is to make an "almost 4.0" patch (ie 3.9) which will probably contain the class changes, gear change etc. but not the new azeroth yet.

It should be quite obvious that it doesn't mean there will be a 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromWolf
    OT: I am totally rolling an ally to free Gnomeregan, after I've helped take back the Echo Isles.
    Same situation here, different sides! I'm mostly Alliance, but I have a lvl 60 Horde (will probably level her up more by then though), and I plan to participate in both events. Should be fun.

Best thing about this announcement: the picture of Vol'jin speaking to a troll druid!

First thing I thought: "3.9 while 3.3 ICC was the last major content patch? April first is getting close???"

Anyone else?

I'm curious too if the 3.9 is an indicator that more will happen in between. I can see them putting at least something in between to introduce more race/class combo's.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

nice!i like it.but....w8 a sec.....patch 3.9?what the......?....
    sigh
    anyways.nice explanation about the setbacks ;D
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata
    Best thing about this announcement: the picture of Vol'jin speaking to a troll druid!
    Troll druid, or troll shaman rolling on druid gear? It is before the gear swap for cata.

Really gonna be a lot of fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    anyways.nice explanation about the setbacks ;D
    Aye that was Genius, +1 to Metzen and Alex.

Everyone needs to calm down.

You don't know anything about release time-tables. There's a good chance that they mean 3.3.9.

There's a good chance that 3.9 will be the pre-expansion patch. Just because they did 2.0 and 3.0 as pre-expansion mechanic change patches, doesn't mean that they'll make 4.0 the same.

Perhaps, since the pre-expansion patch is still actually in this expansion, they thought it would make more sense to name it 3.9.

If the above two paragraphs are correct, 4.0 will be the content you install with the Cataclysm install disc.

I still believe that Cataclysm will launch in mid-Summer.

And to whomever said, "We'll get Starcraft around Christmas 2010".... there is no way in HELL Blizzard would leave a game in Beta for 9-10 months. I forsee Starcraft in the next 2 months.. Cataclysm in the next 5.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harod
    Just 6 more major patches to go guys, and we will finally get a taste of Cataclysm!!! I can't wait for this in 2013!

HAHAHA you made my day good sir
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

I hope 3.9 doesn't mean 6 more patches before Cataclysm. I hope it's just a new way of refering to the pre release patch (2.0, 3.0 and now 3.9).

I have a feeling that 3.9 will include dance studios.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    3.9 pretty much means that Cataclysm will not be coming in 2010. Most likely scenario is that StarCraft will launch around Xmas and Cataclysm in Mars - April next year. Until then.... WOW will be getting minor 1 boss instances ?
    You must have a jump to conclusions mat or something. They stated in the last Blizzcast that their original goal for the beta was for it to be 5 months but it will be closer to 3 since they want to get Starcraft 2 out in the first half of this year. I would not be surprised with a 3rd quarter Cataclysm release.

3.3.3 is next, then there will be 3.3.5 (Ruby Sanc) then 3.3.9 most likely.
    .4, and .6-.8 are most likely saved for hotfix/minor patches.

3.X <- major patch
    so from 3.3 > 3.9 => 6 major patches ?!?!?! something is wrong forsure
    if not, there will be a long waiting period for cataclysm