10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Despite my belief that the Giants wont be that good this year and the fact I actually think the Cowboys will end up as a better team when its all said and done. I do expect the Giants to win tonight in a decently competitive game.
    As much as I dislike the cowboys, I agree. Nobody expects them to put up a fight.

Then people would go on to say in the last whatever seasons that the Giants have gone to the Superbowl they lost their opener.

Regardless, its going to be an amazing game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    As much as I dislike the cowboys, I agree. Nobody expects them to put up a fight.

Then people would go on to say in the last whatever seasons that the Giants have gone to the Superbowl they lost their opener.

Regardless, its going to be an amazing game.
    No Witten =

Speaking of, trade went through in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No Witten =

Speaking of, trade went through in time.
    Is he not starting?

And yeah, I saw last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he not starting?

And yeah, I saw last night.
    Doubtful, Cowboys are denying waiver rumors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Despite my belief that the Giants wont be that good this year and the fact I actually think the Cowboys will end up as a better team when its all said and done. I do expect the Giants to win tonight in a decently competitive game.
    I expect the same, minus the Dallas being good at all part. I expect them to split games with the home team winning both.

Earl Thomas is actually my favorite player, but hard to find pics of him in the new jerseys.
    I actually have a question here and am glad I found a Seahawks fan. I know your answer is going to be a little bias, but I understand that.

Do you think the Seahawks are in any position to compete for the West title right now, or is it more of a few years down the road kind of thing. I only ask because with Kam and Earl back there, and an offense that's shaping up to be pretty impressive right now, there's definitely things to be excited about in Seattle. That, coupled with the 9ers rough schedule could mean some great things for the Seahawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
    I actually have a question here and am glad I found a Seahawks fan. I know your answer is going to be a little bias, but I understand that.

Do you think the Seahawks are in any position to compete for the West title right now, or is it more of a few years down the road kind of thing. I only ask because with Kam and Earl back there, and an offense that's shaping up to be pretty impressive right now, there's definitely things to be excited about in Seattle. That, coupled with the 9ers rough schedule could mean some great things for the Seahawks.
    I posted my general thoughts here - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18244197

Seattle has a lot of young talent, hell only one person is still on the team from the super bowl team iirc. To put it in perspective, Pete Carrol and John Schneider Took this team from last year where we had a QB competition with Travaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst, and created one with Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson.

Now, last year both our rookie offensive linemen were out very early in the season. Our O line sucked and we couldn't use tight ends to do anything besides block. This year its quite the opposite. If you watch the later preseason games we were passing to the TE's a lot, or even passing to Turbin. Yeah, our WR's are shaky, but in an interview with a blogger I follow said yesterday that "WR's are nice to have, but they aren't everything in a football game. Its like gloss on a car. You still need an engine to that car."

I think if Sidney Rice can stay healthy he will be great. Braylon Edwards could be great, or butterfinger. I'm a big fan of Doug Baldwin so having him at slot makes me happy. I just hope Golden Tate isn't hurt for too long.

That being said, our offense doesn't need to do much in order to beat teams. Our defense creates plays. I'm more excited to see the defense on the field than the offense, and thats saying a lot. Brandon Browner is amazing in my eyes despite his shaky start. Our entire secondary is amazing, and our defensive line is great. You got Red Bryant up there which is a very underrated member on the team. They are actually reworking the defensive line to accommodate Bruce Irvins speed, which we started to see at the end of the preseason. I think he will be a crucial part to this defense later on in the season, and tear apart teams with any O line issues.

TL;DR, yes. This is the year to take the NFC west. There is too much talent not to get to the playoffs this year. After the rally in late last season with how many injuries we had, and how we improved on paper I think its going to be a hell of a season. Definitely the best in 5+ years.

Edit- https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/...60142513917952

Lol.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-09-05 at 10:01 PM.

I hate that everyone is picking the Giants, and everyone keeps bringing up this long-ish win streak we have against the Cowgirls. Makes me nervous. No Witten is nice though.

Wilbon on PTI today echoed my thoughts on Dallas though. Everyone always predicts that they'll be good in the preseason because it's Dallas. They are coasting by on reputation from 15 years ago. At what point do we just accept that this team, as currently constructed, is a very talented group of underachievers that just isn't going to put it all together?

Also, Jerry Jones thinks he's smarter than he is, and revealed that when he fired Jimmy Johnson ages ago. Maybe if Jones takes a step back and lets football people run the team, they'll have a shot at being a contender again. Kinda like the Raiders now have a slight hope with Al Davis passing away. Maybe the football people can rebuild that team.

15+ Year Old Account

As someone who wouldn't call myself a fan, but like your team, I think they will compete for a wild card, but I don't know about the division. There are two camps on the Niners. You either think they are in for an even better year because they returned their entire defense and added some fantastic pieces on offense or you think they are a textbook candidate for a regression after an unexpected rise to power. I find myself in the main camp which makes me think the Niners are going to win that division quite handily. I think the Hawks have the potential to go 10-6 though and compete for a wild card if Russell Wilson delivers on the promise he showed in preseason.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 07:36 PM ----------

When I think football, I think Mariah Carey just like I thought Faith Hill. NBC, you are just the fucking worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ordered my Justin Smith jersey this weekend.. It needs to be here like, yesterday damnit!

Also... I am not sure which team to cheer for tonight, being a 49er's fan I have hatred coursing through my veins for these two teams playing tonight...

Eh, I may have to pull for the Giants, just because I have hated the Cowboys more, even though the Giants knocked us out last year.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Great Info Here

TL;DR, yes. This is the year to take the NFC west. There is too much talent not to get to the playoffs this year. After the rally in late last season with how many injuries we had, and how we improved on paper I think its going to be a hell of a season. Definitely the best in 5+ years.
    I was also looking at the possibility of a 1 / 2 punch of Lynch and Turbin, sort of like how the Texans have Foster / Tate. Stopping that offense will be tough, which is something to be said for the Seahawks' management turning that organization around that quickly. From 7 - 9 and in the playoffs to a possible 10 - 6 and division winner in a couple of years would be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    As someone who wouldn't call myself a fan, but like your team ...
    I like the Seahawks, but I'm a Steelers fan first and foremost. I was curious about them though as I like Wilson and am a huge Chancellor fan and think he's seriously underrated. I agree, though. I think the Seahawks will probably make a wildcard at the least this year, and a division title for them is within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Ordered my Justin Smith jersey this weekend.. It needs to be here like, yesterday damnit!

Also... I am not sure which team to cheer for tonight, being a 49er's fan I have hatred coursing through my veins for these two teams playing tonight...

Eh, I may have to pull for the Giants, just because I have hated the Cowboys more, even though the Giants knocked us out last year.
    iirc, you're also a Ravens fan. Best of luck to your Ravens this year sir. I can't wait until weeks 11 and 13 for the bloodbath to start.

15+ Year Old Account
    No Doubt and Mariah Carey. What decade does NBC live in? Clearly they understand their key demos. No wonder they are the last place network who is cancelling one of their only popular shows because the audience doesn't watch it live always.

The thing is with Dallas is I think they have one of the best teams on paper. They are like communism, it sounds like it will work but when it's out on the field it doesn't. They remind me of Philadelphia last year, but Dallas does it every year. The team with all the talent that can make a serious push but then go 8-8.

I believe they are poorly coached/managed. Or they are like Philadelphia last year who just think showing up to the game will generate a win.

This year will be no different for Dallas imo. I think New York will come out on top tonight. 31-17.

10+ Year Old Account
    iirc, you're also a Ravens fan. Best of luck to your Ravens this year sir. I can't wait until weeks 11 and 13 for the bloodbath to start.
    And you to your Steelers, I am getting a Webb jersey as soon as I can, but the Smith one had to come first. The Offensive line of the Ravens terrifies me, but htat is a point that I have had ever since we lost Ogden, Oh what I would give for a man like him on the Ravens again... That is one of the reasons why Trent Baalke of the 49er's is a genius, he has shored up almost ever position of the offensive line, with manly men. It wouldn't trade that left side for any other in the NFL.

Also, didn't you guys lost De(Something) he is offensive line, I think a guard for the season? That BITES! He has some major potential though.

Serp, the Cowboys have been like that for a loooong time, it is both horrible coaching and horrible management. The last real coach they had was Parcells, who was run out of town by the Jerry. The only thing Dallas has been good at recently is being overrated as hell (Much like the new Ed Reed, and I am a Ravens fan).
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2012-09-06 at 12:13 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No Doubt and Mariah Carey. What decade does NBC live in? Clearly they understand their key demos. No wonder they are the last place network who is cancelling one of their only popular shows because the audience doesn't watch it live always.
    This is coming from the same people that have washed up 80's bands for the Super Bowl halftime show every year.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good ol' Michael Strahan how bout them cowboys. Don't know why I have that old commercial stuck in my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Good ol' Michael Strahan how bout them cowboys. Don't know why I have that old commercial stuck in my head.
    Strahan is the new co-host with Kelly Ripa, believe it or not.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Witten is active for the game, but I hope he doesn't play. It's just 1 game that has a long break afterwards. If we lose we can recover, if we lose Witten for half the season it's doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now we have Queen Latifah. Really?....

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Witten is active for the game, but I hope he doesn't play. It's just 1 game that has a long break afterwards. If we lose we can recover, if we lose Witten for half the season it's doubtful.
    Yeah, if he plays I'll be pissed for multiple reasons. Already benched him on my fantasy team.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a pretty obvious flak jacket he had on, plus I know that being in the NFL they can hit, but I don't know of any real monsters that could kill a guy Witten's size coming over the middle, if this was the Ravens, Steelers, 49er's, and other teams with notoriously hard hitting LB's or DB's then yeah, but all I can name on the Giants is Webster, I think he should be fine.