Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We've had a lot of talk about the set bonus in varying places already. See thread: Healing 4p T11 (it won't let me link the thread).

The set bonus isn't terrible for disc by any means. The biggest issue I have with it is that one spec has the buff constantly, the other has to manage 2 spells every 10 seconds to get it. That's a lot of micro-managing and forcing us to use spells at specific times when another tool might have been a better choice. I'll still be getting my 4 piece and just praying that they bring it more in line with holy. Having it proc off Penance and giving a 12-15 (maybe even 20!?) second buff would be a good fix.

As for the int vs spirit, well I would rather have spirit procs and get static intellect elsewhere, although if they were thinking about changing it to int, I think they would have to make the bonus 400 int to keep it in line with holy, since we get so much from int.

2 piece needs a change. Do disc priests use heal at all? I dropped Strength of Soul shortly after getting 85 when I realized that I never use Heal.
    100 Subtlety Rogue - Barthilas
    100 Disc Priest - Barthilas

Deleted
    I don't use heal - dropped strength of soul recently as it seemed pointless. 2 piece should affect greater heal too or something.

I'll use heal when tank healing a target that is above 90%. Its free healing and procs Aegis, even on overheal. Its a tool in the tool box, but, nonetheless, an extremely weak 2pc.

It also happens to be the very first tier of raiding for this xpac. I am sure they didn't want to make them amazing so when the next tier comes we would actually pick them up

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhmmmm yea I cant wait for 540 spirit up all the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhea View Post
    2 piece needs a change. Do disc priests use heal at all? I dropped Strength of Soul shortly after getting 85 when I realized that I never use Heal.
    I just loled? I bet you using FA in heroics then.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2011-01-17 at 09:23 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Strength of Soul will actually work with Greater Heal and Flash Heal next patch, so you might want to reconsider your talents in a few weeks

For the 2 piece bonus, yeah its not much, but its something you get for free just for going for the 4pc. In raids I find it better to pre-cast Greater Heal and cancel it if needed be.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    spirit is important for ALL healing specs and classes
    only to the point 11/12 and as a disc i already dropped spirit chants. i just dont run oom. i dont see a point in stacking spirit in the situation in which mana is not a problem. i am often topping meters its not like i slack doing nothing :P but i just dont run oom.
    2 set bonus - i use heal, whenever there is no rush with topping raid or when tank is above 90% hp. i stacked haste, so heal seems bit more fun atm.

i dont really like the set pieces, keeping 2 for now, maybe i will need to favor spirit more in heroics modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurwyn View Post
    It also happens to be the very first tier of raiding for this xpac. I am sure they didn't want to make them amazing so when the next tier comes we would actually pick them up
    But it IS amazing for holy. Just not for disc. It'd be great for disc if we had a sure-fire way to keep it up 99% like holy with little to no work or worry. Take out the weakened soul part, and just make it proc off penance and we're golden!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    I just loled? I bet you using FA in heroics then.
    Bear in mind that greater heal is as efficient for disc and you can see why a Heal buff doesn't exactly set the world on fire. 540 spirit isn't that great for disc either since a large part of disc regen is from rapture.

It is good for Holy but the itemization is terrible and the 2pc is pretty garbage for both specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heal is my top at heroics without any problems. And greater? Do not have that even on bars. Everyone just has his own style of healing. Heal with reseting the weakened soul CD = perma shield means I barely run out of mana. So with at last one CC I dont need to drink at any point.

So my heroics are somehow WOTLK style. But thats guild runs. Never been at random so can not tell about.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2011-01-18 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Heal is my top at heroics without any problems. And greater? Do not have that even on bars. Everyone just has his own style of healing. Heal with reseting the weakened soul CD = perma shield means I barely run out of mana. So with at last one CC I dont need to drink at any point.

So my heroics are somehow WOTLK style. But thats guild runs. Never been at random so can not tell about.
    First of all: reducing Weakened soul CD will not reduce Rupture CD so no, you don't have better mana regen from shielding more often. Second of all - BIG GRATZ on your heroic ownage. Bear in mind though, to get more than 3 pieces of T11 requires from you to kill Nefarion or Cho'gall. And this menas your such wonderful Heal spell allowing you to push outstanding 2 - 3k HPS, might be not enough since you need to push about 10k to keep everyone alive.

But hey, we need T11 for heroics I heard. Dungeons are serious business I heard.

/sarcasm off

I would love to see something like +crit for PoH or maybe mana cost reduced for Shields/CoH for example.
    T11 is RAIDING set. It means it should help in raids. Heal is useless for both speccs in the Raid enviroment. Simply because Disc healing a tank will spamm Gheal with Penance/shield on CD, and Holy... well Holy shines in raid healing anyway. And believe or not Heal is NOT a good raidhealing spell .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hipo View Post
    First of all: reducing Weakened soul CD will not reduce Rupture CD so no, you don't have better mana regen from shielding more often. Second of all - BIG GRATZ on your heroic ownage. Bear in mind though, to get more than 3 pieces of T11 requires from you to kill Nefarion or Cho'gall. And this menas your such wonderful Heal spell allowing you to push outstanding 2 - 3k HPS, might be not enough since you need to push about 10k to keep everyone alive.

But hey, we need T11 for heroics I heard. Dungeons are serious business I heard.

/sarcasm off

I would love to see something like +crit for PoH or maybe mana cost reduced for Shields/CoH for example.
    T11 is RAIDING set. It means it should help in raids. Heal is useless for both speccs in the Raid enviroment. Simply because Disc healing a tank will spamm Gheal with Penance/shield on CD, and Holy... well Holy shines in raid healing anyway. And believe or not Heal is NOT a good raidhealing spell .
    Who was talking about mana from rapture. I was talking about to dont spam greater heal ( run oom ). That heal resets WSoul debuff so you can shield again so avoid the damage. So all you do is just spam Heal with Shields in the middle.

And did you ever attend Nefarian for instance? For 10 man version Heal is absolutely good for P1 when I am healing Ony tank with Palli beacon on it. True is that in 25 mans I barely use it.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2011-01-18 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    The PvP priest 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. When Power Word: Shield is cast on the priest, movement speed reduction effects are temporally suppressed for 4 seconds.

Deleted
    Who was talking about mana from rapture. I was talking about to dont spam greater heal ( run oom ). That heal resets WSoul debuff so you can shield again so avoid the damage. So all you do is just spam Heal with Shields in the middle.

And did you ever attend Nefarian for instance? For 10 man version Heal is absolutely good for P1 when I am healing Ony tank with Palli beacon on it. True is that in 25 mans I barely use it.
    I've cleared normal content in 10 mans and did few Hard modes.
    First of all - Heal and GHeal have almost the same healing to mana spent ratio. Second - Shield costs alot for 10k absorb. So your way to spamm Heal + shield is kinda less efficient than GHeal. I'm not gonna argue though. If you like this way and it's working, good for you.

Second - you found like ONE phase of ONE fight where you can use it nicely. Well actually I prefer Gheal there still, since I can heal tank quicker and top off people with PoH after AoE or support with CC on adds.

I'm sorry mate but you can't tell anyone your 7k, 2.3 sec healing spell is any good in raiding enviroment. There's a LOT of dmg hitting tank/raid in nearly every single fight so you can cast this shit. We have too many more efficient spells in our arsenal. And hardmodes are totaly out of question. Hell, Halfus hardmode will show you how weak Heal is when you can bearly keep a tank alive with all avaiable CDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hipo View Post
    I've cleared normal content in 10 mans and did few Hard modes.
    First of all - Heal and GHeal have almost the same healing to mana spent ratio. Second - Shield costs alot for 10k absorb. So your way to spamm Heal + shield is kinda less efficient than GHeal. I'm not gonna argue though. If you like this way and it's working, good for you.

Second - you found like ONE phase of ONE fight where you can use it nicely. Well actually I prefer Gheal there still, since I can heal tank quicker and top off people with PoH after AoE or support with CC on adds.

I'm sorry mate but you can't tell anyone your 7k, 2.3 sec healing spell is any good in raiding enviroment. There's a LOT of dmg hitting tank/raid in nearly every single fight so you can cast this shit. We have too many more efficient spells in our arsenal. And hardmodes are totaly out of question. Hell, Halfus hardmode will show you how weak Heal is when you can bearly keep a tank alive with all avaiable CDs.
    Of course not for 25 mans. I am not even a tank healer there. Just helping with some shields and stuff. There is other healers for it. And gratz for Halfus with "soon nerfed" atonement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    spirit is important for ALL healing specs and classes

^
    This, though I'm going for four pieces and then staying with my chest piece from Halfus Wyrmbreaker.

Tiduz explains here very well why the 4pc bonus from disc is shit compared to holy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869412201

No more discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Tiduz explains here very well why the 4pc bonus from disc is shit compared to holy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869412201

No more discussion.

Just read the thread you linked - and i agree totally, for Atonement specced Disc priest such as myself the 2 set is worthless. I havent touched 'Heal' for weeks. Whilst the 4 pc looks better even then its blatently obvious these bonuses were made with holy in mind. Id happily take the 2 and 4 set if Atomenet heals were included as Heal is supposed to be Atonement's equalivant it makes sence.

Not related to the set bonuses but since were are talking about 'Heal' id like to see Atonement heals included into SoS.
    Last edited by mmoc6e3ed00ec5; 2011-01-18 at 12:17 PM. Reason: .