15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixor View Post
    Ok, delayed by about a week or so; here's my new build as promised. The only main wire you can see is the cable for my headphones, which I occasionally move around and/or detach. Everything else is pretty well hidden. The computer under the desk is where I usually keep it. I moved it to the outside right of the desk to take the pictures, which is why you can see some wires. When its under the desk the wires are hidden. Enjoy!

i7 2600k
    16GB DDR3 1600
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    Corsair Carbide 500r
    60GB SATA III SSD
    2x EVGA gtx 560 ti OC running SLI
    1TB SATA III Black Caviar 7200rpm
    Windows 7 64-bit
    2x 22'' wide screen
    All this... and it's got a stock cooler?

The gods are displeased. D:
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Such a cozy and well organized looking computer room. And that chair, man, I just wanna sit on it. Small minus due to that stock cooler though, doesn't do that build a justice.

Hhahaha. Don't fret, I'm picking up a non-stock cooler soon. Will overclock once I get that in. Put out a lot of money for the parts I have, wanted another paycheck before I spent another bit of money.

Deleted
    Ok, delayed by about a week or so; here's my new build as promised. The only main wire you can see is the cable for my headphones, which I occasionally move around and/or detach. Everything else is pretty well hidden. The computer under the desk is where I usually keep it. I moved it to the outside right of the desk to take the pictures, which is why you can see some wires. When its under the desk the wires are hidden. Enjoy!

i7 2600k
    16GB DDR3 1600
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    Corsair Carbide 500r
    60GB SATA III SSD
    2x EVGA gtx 560 ti OC running SLI
    1TB SATA III Black Caviar 7200rpm
    Windows 7 64-bit
    2x 22'' wide screen
    That's a nice little room you've got there! :3

EDIT: I didn't even see the stock cooler. I am dissapoint.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2011-11-05 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    but overall, this actually looks amazing inside.
    I have to agree. The stock fan is a bit of a letdown, but I still think it looks extremely good. The overall layout and colours/lightning match very well together (even the RAM modules fit perfectly). The only thing (besides the cooler) that has me in dismay is the PSU. 950W is complete overkill for that system, and that brand is... well, nothing I would invest in myself.

Deleted

here is my hideous cabling under my desk awefully messy down there to. anyon know how i can tidy these up? :P i tried to bunch them all the the left, because i sit on the right of the desk so its out the way, but still gets annoying. i only have 1 plug socket which is right of the desk

Lots of cable ties. PVC cable is probably the best looking solution IMO, but it's a bit more complicated than just bundling the cables together and fixing them to the wall/desk to keep them out of sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's alright to have your rig + peripherals + extras coming out of one socket, but as soon as you start plugging one multi into another multi (and you did it twice!)...it's really not good practice at all.

Since you have everything coming out of one socket, one thing I would invest in right away is an 8-12 port multi with GOOD surge protection, something like THIS (just an example). Having all the cables coming out from a single board will tidy things up.
    After that you need to bundle together all the cables coming from devices on the right/middle sides and route them to the multi - I would use masking tape to run them along the length of the desk (from behind) to the far left and then down to the multi, so they don't come in your legs. Work on cable management, roll and tie-up excess cable lengths, bundle together what you can, etc etc trust me you can make that a LOT cleaner.
    Also do justice to that poor little ethernet switch sitting on it's face, it's helping deliver THE INTERNET to you :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

here is my hideous cabling under my desk awefully messy down there to. anyon know how i can tidy these up? :P i tried to bunch them all the the left, because i sit on the right of the desk so its out the way, but still gets annoying. i only have 1 plug socket which is right of the desk
    Oh dear God.... fire hazard, BIG TIME!

Do exactly what Xuvial said, you should never ever plug extension or multi-port cables into each other, neverrrrrr!!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You can look at my pictures above and maybe get an idea. I used split flexible tubing for any hardware store. I then used cable dies and velcro ties to bind them closed. I bought industrial strength velcro with sticky backs to attach to my desk in the rear, then put the other sticky on the tube and stuck them together. I'll post a picture shortly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's alright to have your rig + peripherals + extras coming out of one socket, but as soon as you start plugging one multi into another multi (and you did it twice!)...it's really not good practice at all.

Since you have everything coming out of one socket, one thing I would invest in right away is an 8-12 port multi with GOOD surge protection, something like THIS (just an example). Having all the cables coming out from a single board will tidy things up.
    After that you need to bundle together all the cables coming from devices on the right/middle sides and route them to the multi - I would use masking tape to run them along the length of the desk (from behind) to the far left and then down to the multi, so they don't come in your legs. Work on cable management, roll and tie-up excess cable lengths, bundle together what you can, etc etc trust me you can make that a LOT cleaner.
    Also do justice to that poor little ethernet switch sitting on it's face, it's helping deliver THE INTERNET to you :P

that ethernet switch is giving me internet, its going to brothers pc :P
    and i did have a 10 slot extension lead, but someone burrowed it and i never got it back. and you just reminded me i need one :P tbh its been like this for 5years and i turn it all off at the plug at night because of the fire hazard :P i might switch everything around and have all the cables bunched on the right behind my bed, and the last cable ties i bought snapped, cheap shitty ones :\.

ok so i will buy a 12slot adapter and better cable ties :P
    oh the reason the ethernet switch is like that, is because they gave me a tiny power cable for it so i cant but it on the desk, and on the ethernet cables going into it is too short so it cant reach the floor :P its only a micro usb power lead thing so i guess i can buy a longer one and stick on my desk :P

i just hate goin down there, cables everywhere

Here you go: split tubing + cable ties + industrial strength velcro to hold the tube of wires to the desk. $6 at the local hardware store. I also ran the power cable to my surge protector along the base support of my desk, using velcro ties to keep it hidden from view (if you look carefully - you can see the straps on the previous page of my setup).

Last edited by Phrixor; 2011-11-05 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Here you go: split tubing + cable ties + industrial strength velcro to hold the tube of wires to the desk. $6 at the local hardware store. I also ran the power cable to my surge protector along the base support of my desk, using velcro ties to keep it hidden from view (if you look carefully - you can see the straps on the previous page of my setup).

thats pretty cool way of doing it, so just a split plastic tubing, held together with cable ties? pretty cheap and tidy.

also, where on earth can you buy a surge protecter at least 10 slots in the UK, i can find 8 ones, or a tower 12, but i dont really want a tower one :\

I don't have any photos at the moment. But here are my specs.

The PC itself
    CM HAF X
    Noctua NH-D14
    2600K@4200MHz
    Maximus IV motherboard.
    8 GB RAM @ I can't remember what I clocked it to.
    Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC.
    1050W PSU, it is overkill, I know. But I might add another graphics card later. Rather safe than sorry.
    WDC Black 2TB HDD.
    120GB Kingston HyperX SSD.

Other stuff
    Some old panasonic home theater system.
    Steelseries Kinzu mouse.
    Cheapest keyboard the store had, which was a logitech K120.
    Toshiba Regza 42" LCD TV.
    Last edited by Phoenixdown; 2011-11-06 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Correcting myself

heres my computer. I just finished doing a quick mod for additional airflow(it gives cool air to my nh-d14 fan and it actually changed my temps by quite a bit). I just ordered another front panel mesh and cut it with a dremel.

I will be going crossfire with the 6850 in a few weeks.
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2011-11-05 at 11:05 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    also, where on earth can you buy a surge protecter at least 10 slots in the UK, i can find 8 ones, or a tower 12, but i dont really want a tower one :\
    Belkin 12 outlet surge protector

Ex Pro 10 slot surge protector

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    The only thing (besides the cooler) that has me in dismay is the PSU. 950W is complete overkill for that system, and that brand is... well, nothing I would invest in myself.
    Oh God Marest... you brought it up again! D: We already debated this topic to death previously. XD

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 05:21 AM ----------

fire hazard :P i might switch everything around and have all the cables bunched on the right behind my bed
    I remember when I was 6 years old and obsessed with reading books about safety and police officers and fire fighters, it was always the cables or register or something near/under/behind the bed that caused fires.

For the love of God please get that fixed soon, now you got me all worried. =/

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixdown View Post
    I don't have any photos at the moment. But here are my specs.

The PC itself
    <snip stuffs>
    That's a pretty nice setup there! Try and get us some pictures, it probably looks awesome!

Btw, love the avatar, That 70's Show is my current tv obsession. lol
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2011-11-06 at 05:24 AM.
    "A flower.

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Ash773, I absolutely love your setup! >_<

That desk is beautiful.... x_x
    "A flower.