Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    15 minutes in Cata heroics would be quite hard except for the really short heroics. 15 minutes was pretty typical in Wrath though, and even fairly long for some of them! I remember doing a 7 minute run of Gun'drak once from entering to killing the last boss, so some of those could be done really fast. My runs now usually take from 25-60 minutes depending on how many guildies I have with me, and what the overall quality of the pugs is.

As for aoe, many classes still have very effective aoe: demonology warlocks, fire mages, death knights etc. for example.

Deleted
    Guildgroups that know which trash you can skip will do some heroics in 20-25min with heroic and rep gear. It takes me an average of 35min to do it with a decent rnd group.

If you choose not to CC and you have a sprist MCing mobs he can throughput 35k dps or more. We tried to take those strong mobs along but with randoms its hard enough.
    IE blackrock caverns: you MC these cows that put the ice on the floor = success. Or the casters that have a firecast in the first half of the instance. vashir you just have to MC the seawitches for 35k dps chainlightning. In deadmines you use the casters abilities to cast the zone so that your tank is out side and everybody else (including the mobs) inside. +200% dps right there. the casters on the ship have a 25k dps chainwatercast. HoO some mobs output 30k dps when MCd.
    tolvir you can skip a lot of groups if you know how to avoid or bug them.

If youre really lazy take a hunter or rogue to attack groups run away kite them while the group passes where they just were and then let him reset them. simple bossrun with no trash.

It is possible but not without effort, gear and to some extent skill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    Halls of Origination = sucks a$$
    (even on normal)
    it's only couple of bosses if you skip all the unnecesary ones.

Just because the instance has loads of bosses (HoO fx.)

Doesn't mean you have to kill them all. Basically in HoO you kill 1st boss. go gauntlet. kill last boss = profit.

Deleted
    15-30 minutes dungeon Huh? What happened to those 5 hours BRD runs with 19 bosses and host of trash.

Deleted
    Hardcore could probably do cata hc in 15min, considering hardcore could do wrath hc in 5min ;p

Right now 30 minutes is the time you need with 10-15k dps DD and a good tank.
    Maybe we reach 15 minutes with T12 fullset. But who needs heroics then?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

20 minutes because you can skip a lot of bosses and trash.

In wotlk we did a heroic in 6-10 min, VH took a bit longer, shitty place imho.

in cata we need 15 min for things like HoO, BRD or Tol'vir. I think I didn't need more then 25 min for a heroic for a month now.

skipping bosses yo!

Just did a PUG and made me come back to this thread. Heroic LCTV just took 19 min to complete, killing all bosses. All DPS doing 9k+, Tank at 170k HP, Heals (me) over geared (so easy to do) and smite healing pulling 2-3k DPS.

Perfect group, smooth as hell. No talking WHATSOEVER. Amazing stuff.

(I know it took 19 min because I activated my Pendant of the Scarab Storm to time it.)

Deleted
    LCTV seems to be the fastest indeed. Did a guild run in 13 minutes yesterday, everyone 359-372 geared tho

It is nothing than exaggeration and epeen stroking. Sure there are people in mostly 359/372 that maybe can pull off a heroic in this time but thats not the general rule.
    Interesting is that those people always show up when theres a thread from someone who is obviously undergeared and is talking about the fact that heroics do take too long to finish and that he doesnt have the time for a 1,5h run.

Seriously always take numbers given by people on this site with a ton of salt. Be it dps numbers, stats, itemlevel or time to complete a heroic. I dont say that they are always lying i just say there are a lot of people that want to look like heroes in threads.

Although it maybe (<-!) possible to do it and there maybe people who already pull that off you still have to aim and play specifically to achieve such times (other than in LK where it actually WAS the general rule) and ~95% of the people claiming that are simply epeen strokers, trolls or ... lyers.

If youre not in full raid equipment and the rest of the group also isnt in full raid equipment and you are not talking in vent (also called using RDF) than NO you are not doing cata heroics in 15-20 mins. Period. (although lost city runs can be pretty fast sometimes ... but thats just one of the heroics.)
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-01-28 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    If youre not in full raid equipment and the rest of the group also isnt in full raid equipment and you are not talking in vent (also called using RDF) than NO you are not doing cata heroics in 15-20 mins. Period. (although lost city runs can be pretty fast sometimes ... but thats just one of the heroics.)

Yeah LCTV is so fast. I don't see vent as needed though. I've have multiple PUG groups that pull Heroic Dungeons into a quick 30min. I'm certainly not saying I'm always in groups like these, at all. Just every once in awhile you get lucky and get into that group with people who know what they are doing and are geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Berk View Post
    fixed for you. People seem to think that wrath heroics came out so easy, while they were not as difficult as these can be, they did have challenges.
    the only real "challenge" was Loken, because people sucked at running away from nova and didnt have HPs to survive it in green gear. every other boss was pretty easy and there wasnt any deadly trash in wotlk heroics until 3.3, LK heroics were much simplier and easier than cata ones.

Deleted
    I've done a couple of very fast BRC runs (<15mins), remember you can skip every boss after the 1st up till the last and there is a huge amount of trash in the place that can be skipped with generous doses of mind sooth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikouka View Post
    With a good group, you can easily do Lost City quickly enough since you can skip bosses and quite a bit of trash.
    You can skip ALL trash and just kill 2 bosses if u want. It takes about 5-6 min if you do it right and have nice dps on the bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc552f570e62; 2011-01-28 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by workhabits View Post
    In WotLK 15min runs are very common, these days not so much...but eventually
    10min runs were pretty much normal

Quote Originally Posted by Spning View Post
    I've ran with some experienced players in guild and we did it in about 20ish. I've ran with some pugs that bought their gears from 7-11 to pad the ilvl requirement where I had to Banish, suduce, and fear in one pull (no lie), it took almost an hour. I still don't know why I didn't leave group this morning.
    Ouch, i'd say my average is around 30 mins with decent PuGs.
    Got into SFK HC last night with 4/5 members highly raid geared and we chain pulled everything and facerolled it easy.
    Healers mana barely moved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazkaldar View Post
    Hardcore could probably do cata hc in 15min, considering hardcore could do wrath hc in 5min ;p
    No they couldn't do wrath hc in 5 minutes. When are people going realise that the cata heroics are not longer then the wrath ones?

It is because the gear, yes, in full 277 you could do a wrath hc in about 7-15 minutes depending on which heroic, though, go back and do them in i200 blues, then you would see they didn't take 5 minutes...

Wait a tier or 2, cata heroics will take 7-15 minutes aswell.

In my opinion, cata heroics are as easy, if not easier then wrath heroics, and they are definately faster.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    10min runs were pretty much normal
    No they were not, yes, in 277 gear, in i200 gear, no.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlim View Post
    You can skip ALL trash and just kill 2 bosses if u want. It takes about 5-6 min if you do it right and have nice dps on the bosses.
    When we did it, the last boss didn't spawn until we killed all 3 bosses, don't know if they changed that. ( We didn't kill Lockmaw ), so we had to go back and kill him to get the last one to spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlim View Post
    You can't. In order to release Siamat from his prison, you need to kill General Husam, High Prophet Barim and Lockmaw. Then and only then do you gain access to Siamat. The only boss you can skip is Augh, who appears after you've defeated Lockmaw.