15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by STLRepresent618 View Post
    F*** the blackhawks!!!! Blues all the way!
    wait, *a second blues fan? they all of a sudden pop out of the wood work?*

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrichsized View Post
    I have a really bad feeling about Pittsburgh...
    Ok Han. MTFBWY

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    # Winning 3-2!
    its WINNIPEG man...come on...seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post

[/COLOR]its WINNIPEG man...come on...seriously?
    ohh shhiiii did he see through my ploy?

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, *a second blues fan? they all of a sudden pop out of the wood work?*
    You forgot to cover up the hole last time you let the Blues fans out, now they're gonna swarm... Until the 2nd round of the playoffs when they're eliminated of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    You forgot to cover up the hole last time you let the Blues fans out, now they're gonna swarm... Until the 2nd round of the playoffs when they're eliminated of course.
    actually it was Garbles who let them out when he dug that damn Chicago hole.

Believe me, they are out and about here. As much as I like hockey and the NHL to get recognition, fair weather fans are my number 1 pet peeve. All I ask for is for support through thick and thin, not just during the good times. As for the playoffs, we'll have to wait and see. No one can predict the playoffs, just look at last years MLB playoffs, <3 the Cards. Lastly, what's wrong with 1 more person in here? It's probably more beneficial for another Blues fan than a Panthers fan or Islanders because they won't just rant about how bad their team is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was just looking through some of the Playoff predictions made during the offseason (starts on page 232) and I seem to be the only one who even thought the Blues would make the playoffs (have they clinched it yet?). I like some of these replies.

You're expecting the Blues to make it? The signings of "Past his prime" and 'Was never actually very good" really that game changing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Dallas will be instead of stl fyi
    Meanwhile, my Ducks prediction was left undisputed, and even agreed upon by several others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    Believe me, they are out and about here. As much as I like hockey and the NHL to get recognition, fair weather fans are my number 1 pet peeve. All I ask for is for support through thick and thin, not just during the good times. As for the playoffs, we'll have to wait and see. No one can predict the playoffs, just look at last years MLB playoffs, <3 the Cards. Lastly, what's wrong with 1 more person in here? It's probably more beneficial for another Blues fan than a Panthers fan or Islanders because they won't just rant about how bad their team is.
    were more joking around than anything, basicly making light of waht you said (fair weather fans) we never saw a blues fan all last season, all of a sudden they get good and two of you show up. not calling either of you fairweather, but you can admit for yourself it does look a ting bad.
    in all fairness people could technically call me a fairweather fan since i didnt start watching hockey until the 90s (but i was born in 85...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Rangers, ready to get smacked in the face tonight? Yes.
    Hello Blackhawks, ready to let 4 goals slip into the net, and score 5 goals? Yes.
    Hello Toews, ready to start skating again? Yes.
    Hello Hjalmarsson, ready to get back on the ice? Yes.
    Hello Crawford, ready to warm the bench? Yes.

Well, now that Leafs are nearly guaranteed to miss out... I'm sure we'll start playing amazing. And miss the playoffs by 1 game... And lose out on that top 5 lottery. Part of me wants to bring up a third string goaltender, and the other part of me thinks he'll play too well at this point in time for that new goaltender. I'm at the point where I'd like to see a top 5 draft pick though (preferably top 2).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Hello Rangers, ready to get smacked in the face tonight? Yes.
    Hello Blackhawks, ready to let 4 goals slip into the net, and score 5 goals? Yes.
    Hello Toews, ready to start skating again? Yes.
    Hello Hjalmarsson, ready to get back on the ice? Yes.
    Hello Crawford, ready to warm the bench? Yes.
    Hello Hammer, ready to play again? Meh. Maybe?
    Hello Lepisto, ready to be out indefinitely? Sure am!
    Hello Carcillo, Carcillo....Carcillo...? Nevermind.

Plus: http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...=616&id=162940
    Last edited by Knails; 2012-03-09 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Was just looking through some of the Playoff predictions made during the offseason (starts on page 232) and I seem to be the only one who even thought the Blues would make the playoffs (have they clinched it yet?). I like some of these replies.

Meanwhile, my Ducks prediction was left undisputed, and even agreed upon by several others.
    I fucked up big on STL and Ottawa, who I both picked to be 13th in their conferences. >.>

were more joking around than anything, basicly making light of waht you said (fair weather fans) we never saw a blues fan all last season, all of a sudden they get good and two of you show up. not calling either of you fairweather, but you can admit for yourself it does look a ting bad.
    in all fairness people could technically call me a fairweather fan since i didnt start watching hockey until the 90s (but i was born in 85...)
    I didn't mean to come off like that. I just wanted to clarify that they are a problem here, as I imagine that they are anywhere a team is doing surprisingly well. As for me, I'm not a fairweather fan. I've grown up with hockey and started watching in the late 90s. I remember the intense rivalries between Sakic and Yzerman in the playoffs and the dreaded Sharks who seemed to always knock us out in the 1st round.

All in all, if you're posting here, you're probably not a fair weather fan. You're just a gamer who likes sports too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    I didn't mean to come off like that. I just wanted to clarify that they are a problem here, as I imagine that they are anywhere a team is doing surprisingly well. As for me, I'm not a fairweather fan. I've grown up with hockey and started watching in the late 90s. I remember the intense rivalries between Sakic and Yzerman in the playoffs and the dreaded Sharks who seemed to always knock us out in the 1st round.

All in all, if you're posting here, you're probably not a fair weather fan. You're just a gamer who likes sports too.
    i'm more of a reader than a gamer these days, i stopped playing wow 3-4 months ago. this thread is about the only reason i come to these forums.
    currently reading for anyone interested in books:
    Sword of Truth Series
    Wheel of Time Series
    Song of Ice and Fire Series
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi Series

so basicly, Medieval fantasy and Star Wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm more of a reader than a gamer these days, i stopped playing wow 3-4 months ago. this thread is about the only reason i come to these forums.
    Pretty much the same for me, if you should care lol. All tho it's six months ago I quited.*
    Let's go you Hawks, move out!

currently reading for anyone interested in books:
    Sword of Truth Series
    Wheel of Time Series
    Song of Ice and Fire Series
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi Series

so basicly, Medieval fantasy and Star Wars.
    I'm reading Storm of Swords at the moment, can't wait until A Dance of (maybe with?) Dragons. Quit Wow a month or so ago, but now my gf wants to come back. Got mad at me for getting addicted before and now she wants me to get addicted again; flawless.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez, I don't pay attention to the NHL for one night and suddenly St. Loius is in 1st. Way to go Hitch!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I'm reading Storm of Swords at the moment, can't wait until A Dance of (maybe with?) Dragons. Quit Wow a month or so ago, but now my gf wants to come back. Got mad at me for getting addicted before and now she wants me to get addicted again; flawless.
    my only problem with ASoIaF is that the series is coming out so slowly. it annoys me to no end also that in WoT Series i now have to wait until NEXT YEAR to finish it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    It annoys me to no end also that in WoT Series i now have to wait until NEXT YEAR to finish it off.
    Tell me about it. I started rereading the series when the expected date was March 2012, and now it isn't for another 10 months . Pretty sure we are going off-topic now, though...
    Go LA!

How is WoT compared to ASoIaF? *I'm currently like 100 pages into A Clash of Kings (just started reading them around Christmas when I have time), and it's...well it's pretty awesome. *I have a few leisure books with me at the moment, but unfortunately only this one from the series. *I know this could easily be posted in the entertainment section, but I want the opinions of good old hockey loving so and so's over those other people :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't book club!

So back on topic... Toews was at morning practice today so that's good, if all keeps going well for him he should be making a return soon, cant rush these concussions...

Hawks need a win tonight against the Rangers... can't let a team like Phoenix catch up.