Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 4.1 - PTR Build 13875

Patch 4.1 - PTR Build 13875
    A new build is being deployed on PTRs and they will apparently be brought back online. The downtime was most likely the result of a ... small problem with one of the latest Mac build and doesn't mean the patch will hit live servers sooner than we thought.

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Blood
    • Death Strike now heals for 20% of the damage sustained, up from 15%.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Feral
    • Swipe now deals 670% weapon damage, up from 335%.

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arms
    • Improved Hamstring now reduces the global cooldown of Hamstring by 0.3/0.5 sec, down from 0.5/1 sec.

Deleted
    I don't know about how it will affect PvP, but the DS buff is very nice for PvE. Will make DK tanks more viable now =)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Swipealot!

Deleted
    Like dks arent op enough.

biggest news update ever

Holy fark! I can't wait for a chance to blow tiger's fury/zerk/proc UW and go full on nuclear freakin' kitty swipes.

Well we can keep hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOLOLOLOLOL Death Strike

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol lol, dk heallsss

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    I don't know about how it will affect PvP, but the DS buff is very nice for PvE. Will make DK tanks more viable now =)
    We were not viable at 15%? I'm looking forward to this change though

Blood DKs in PVP need more surviviability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really Blizzard, really?

•Death Strike now heals for 20% of the damage sustained, up from 15%.

I think Death Strike should heal for 90% of the damage sustained.Our healing is low now and 20% it's nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybutcher View Post
    We were not viable at 15%? I'm looking forward to this change though
    well, in my opinion we were not as good as the other tanking classes in most bossfights, but hey, that's maybe only me

Can anyone even get onto the ptr yet?

Not one to complain about a buff to my main, but they have really gone overboard with the swipe buffs. Cooldown reduced to 3 seconds and the damage has been greatly increased.. I can´t even figure out by how much because every build buffs it more... it looks like about a 4x damage buff over what we have on live.

For anything except endgame raiding, this is going to make tanking absurdly easy.. almost wrathlike. Either the cooldown buff OR the damage buff, but not both were needed. Bears were not behind other tanks

On top of that, we are getting a buff to our AOE shielding along with buffs to most single target attacks and thrash, our other aoe attack.

All of that coming for a spec that really wasn´t that hard to play before. Is this Blizzards other plan for reducing dps queues?

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure am glad they buffed blood DKs. I was beginning to become a bit worried...

ITT: People failing to understand the DK buff. Realistically this does absolutely jack and shit in PvP. It's unlikely to even break the minimum heal any more than before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Not one to complain about a buff to my main, but they have really gone overboard with the swipe buffs. Cooldown reduced to 3 seconds and the damage has been greatly increased.. I can´t even figure out by how much because every build buffs it more... it looks like about a 4x damage buff over what we have on live.

For anything except endgame raiding, this is going to make tanking absurdly easy.. almost wrathlike. Either the cooldown buff OR the damage buff, but not both were needed. Bears were not behind other tanks

On top of that, we are getting a buff to our AOE shielding along with buffs to most single target attacks and thrash, our other aoe attack.

All of that coming for a spec that really wasn´t that hard to play before. Is this Blizzards other plan for reducing dps queues?
    I think that's only for kittys, since they mentioned like two days ago that they'd double cat swipe damage. Not sure though