Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I can't see the video, what was wrong with Charr footprints?

What's it say??? Reddit is blocked... you guys are killing me!
    Datamined new SAB enemy model
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Datamined new SAB enemy model
    Oooooh, ok that is worth getting excited over

some back to school stuff was datamined a month before it was released while the first issue didn't have anything until released. So no clue on a time.

some back to school stuff was datamined a month before it was released while the first issue didn't have anything until released. So no clue on a time.
    Here's to hoping for a schoolgirl outfit for my guardian for non-combat purposes.

To answer the earlier question, Charr footprints were apparently backwards since beta.

As for SAB, like one reddit poster mentioned, there's probably untold bugs that would exist with all the game changes given the workarounds they had to make for SAB in terms of fall damage and not slowing the player down when in combat. It's not as simple as 'flip a switch, play SAB'.

I have to imagine it'll one of the content fillers between now and the expansion. It was one of the first things I thought of when Colin said there would be various events and stuff to fill the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    To answer the earlier question, Charr footprints were apparently backwards since beta.
    Oh, well that's sort of hilarious

The stability change has pretty much killed zergbusting in WvWvW. So now it's purely Blob or Go Home and then siege wars. Apparently they claimed at PAX East that the stab change was to discourage blobbing. Why that made sense to them, I do not know.

The same patch has made WvWvW very laggy as well. Some nights I can't play and I test my connection... and it's zooming. It's just WvWvW that lags.

The Tier 1 disease is spreading. =|

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Here's to hoping for a schoolgirl outfit for my guardian for non-combat purposes.
    Yes! So much this a school outfit would just be epic Reverse 4th wall breaking cosplay Charr ftw! "teehee, I'm a charr going to high school and flirt with the jocks, and make out with my teacher for higher grades /blush"

The possibilities Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh! Started a norn thief today and can't progress through the story missions. The mission disciples of the dragon is bugged. All npcs are friendly. -.- Whats wrong with a-net these days?
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Secondary account let me try the new player experience in full.

IT IS ASS

I feel bad for new players now. Skill points locked off, meaning content you can't do even though it's right here in front of you. Various options blocked out by level. Other stuff isn't blocked out, but rather hidden. Like vistas and gathering.

The weapon skill change feels so slow. The overall feel is more tedious in the NPE. The original version is more free and open, allowing skilled players to really dig in. New version holds people back. You don't even have a water weapon or breathing mask when there's water out there in front of you. No rally system early on, and your important rally skills are locked out.

I am doing this on Mesmer, since I know that was one of the most tiresome classes to level early in the game. I fear the new trait system and trying to level without vital leveling traits. The sudden bursts of stats at certain level points makes leveling feel very uneven. They sort of altered the leveling curve without admitting it by doing this. You level up, but you don't get the stats until certain levels. So every few levels have a more "drag" feeling to them than in the past.

One thing that is okay is the guidance tool. You can turn it off if you don't want it, but it does notify you of nearby uncompleted hearts. The other thing I noticed is that they switched starter weapon for Mesmer back to sword from scepter, but these days the Scepter is very strong for Mesmer leveling. Oddly, Scepter Torch is killing mobs faster than anything for me. That used to be the worst leveling combo in game, but the torment and confusion buffs blow up mobs.

Deleted
    Now I've dropped Realm Reborn ( I like having 2 MMO'S ) with GW2 now only $10, any hint on the expansion cost ? don't want to spend $10 think I've got a deal if they then charge $60 or a silly price

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Now I've dropped Realm Reborn ( I like having 2 MMO'S ) with GW2 now only $10, any hint on the expansion cost ? don't want to spend $10 think I've got a deal if they then charge $60 or a silly price
    No expansion price yet. It is more then likely going to be $50-$60 like most standard MMO expansions. This expansion however acts different than traditional ones. There is no level cap increase so you don't need the expansion right away if you don't want it. Unless you want revenant.

No expansion price yet. It is more then likely going to be $50-$60 like most standard MMO expansions. This expansion however acts different than traditional ones. There is no level cap increase so you don't need the expansion right away if you don't want it. Unless you want revenant.
    I think they will probably start it at $40. That's where the current version sells now. I am also sure that you will be able to buy the expansion with in game gold.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2015-04-11 at 03:02 PM.

Yes, the NPE is awful. I will only Level through PvP since the tracks reward times of knowledge to level up and it's a lot more fun. I also use edge of the mists for my leveling to 80. I feel sorry for new players trying the game and then getting frustrated with how leveling is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Yes, the NPE is awful. I will only Level through PvP since the tracks reward times of knowledge to level up and it's a lot more fun. I also use edge of the mists for my leveling to 80. I feel sorry for new players trying the game and then getting frustrated with how leveling is now.
    I don't get it. I have leveled new chars in PVE and it's not painful. My daughters start new chars almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I don't get it. I have leveled new chars in PVE and it's not painful. My daughters start new chars almost daily.
    I don't get it either, I've started my guardian I don't have any problems. Trait capturing is reasonable imo and gives me something to do - if not I'll just buy it with gold. Nothing really changed besides level rewards and such. The core fundamentals are still there, like besides PvP why the hell are you playing the game if you don't like the leveling? It's the same thing PvE wise.

I find the NPE to be backwards. It feels more like a typical MMO experience at the start. Weapon skills unlock at levels rather than by your usage of them. Guidance arrow pointing to a heart-to-heart churn. Overall, it gives a less open ended experience than the original launch version. You spam 1 from mob to mob, because you don't get the weapon setup to do interesting stuff until past level 10. Add in the uneven stat gains and things feel grindy much sooner. I leveled all the classes in the old system and the game never felt dry until the mid-levels (30-50) before picking up again, and even that was mostly fixed by megaservers.

This character already feels tedious. They messed with the formula and botched the magic. The main mistake was messing with weapon unlocks and hiding the multitude of options. What they did change tends to focus players on the hearts, and then they dumbed down the hearts. This ends in a less lively and more archaic feeling starter experience.

I don't get it either, I've started my guardian I don't have any problems. Trait capturing is reasonable imo and gives me something to do - if not I'll just buy it with gold. Nothing really changed besides level rewards and such. The core fundamentals are still there, like besides PvP why the hell are you playing the game if you don't like the leveling? It's the same thing PvE wise.
    I like to collect skins/WvW/sPvP and dungeons. I'm not interested in leveling whatsoever. For me, leveling is a waste of time since i already did it a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I like to collect skins/WvW/sPvP and dungeons. I'm not interested in leveling whatsoever. For me, leveling is a waste of time since i already did it a few times.
    Then that's perfect cause you don't need to be max level to do any of that