Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i hope the ones that suggested the Game of thrones writer to come to wow are kidding.

Game of thrones has the most stupid use of lore characters of any series i have ever seen. They create good lore characters only to make them killed and then they left alive the stupiest and less interesting of them (except for the lannister dwarf and arya, the only intresting ones not yet touched by the curse GoT writter sends to their inteersting characters). The rest of them are either crippled, dead or sent to an eternal sleep.

That series script is stupid.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I find Thrall to be an annoying character. I'm definitely more a fan of Garrosh. Garrosh is probably the only orc NPC left that is actually like the orcs that got me to play orcs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    I agree, I find Thrall to be an annoying character. I'm definitely more a fan of Garrosh. Garrosh is probably the only orc NPC left that is actually like the orcs that got me to play orcs.
    Right now, comparing Garrosh with Thrall is like comparing Gamon with Budd. Thrall is neutral, he moved beyond the Horde, he fights for all Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    {super awful pic}

I think you're just jealous. Plus, Rhonin looks kinda constipated in this pic.
    so the former Lore Orc rears his head to taunt me!?

Lets get something strait. I enjoyed Day of the Dragon prior to having Rhonin shoved in my face and hearing of his raptor army exploits. Call it jumping on the band wagon if you will....but i dont likes me some Rhonin no more...

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Tell me everything there is to know! *maniacal laughter*
    4-36-27, Poundpuppies308, and.... in the cabinet above the fridge *inhales* now please just make it go away!
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I play Horde and Alliance and quite frankly I had it with all the Thrall crap. Yes he's the Hero of the expansion, yeah he led the Horde big FRIGGIN WHOOP! He's in every questline and on every poster. I'm sick of seeing this guy's face. Next he's gonna be on cereal boxes.

They saved Illidan's face in the game for the intro and as a final boss in an epic raid. Arthas was the bad guy who always showed up when heroes died or to gloat over a victory. We see thrall in this new quest that he wants to settle down and get married, and in an intro to the Firelands, A Raid that he isn't even in nor does he do JACK in any of the quest lines. Nada, Zip, the HIPPIE WENT HOME! If anything Malfurion the guy on the frontlines is almost ignored.

So why do we have to hear about a guy praying to a Giant Toliet while the rest of the world is actually doing something!

Lore rage over, comence trolling.
    Thrall's a shaman.... Malfurion didn't want him in his raid lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall makes me sick to my Stomach. He's not some quasi-important character, he's more involved and more important in this expansion than Deathwing. The problem is he's Metzen's pet and no one has the balls to tell him to stick him outside into the dog house for a bit.

Talk about over playing a character. This whole expansion has been Horde-Thrall-centric.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

i was plenty pissed when i saw that the whole fire lands trailer took place in Azeroth's toilet with a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    i agree, they r overlooking every other lore characters for thrall this expansion, what the blood elf guy has just been jacking it since sunwell was restored, velen been playing CoD in exador, and i only pointed out the leaders, there r plenty of other major lore figures that arn't leaders that are being overshadowed
    couldnt help but notice that your avatar is from one piece >:P cant place my finger exactly where though...

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    Thrall is the main character in Warcraft, you know the statue outside Blizz head office? yeah it's of Thrall.....
    No he's not. There were 2 games before he was even introduced. Warcraft 3 does not encompass all that is Warcraft.

Deleted
    I actually am really happy thrall is getting so much attention. I really loved the questline where in the end he asks aggra to be his mate. For someone who doesn't read the books or generally doesn't care much about the lore beyond the intro movie of a race its actually informative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoftuna View Post
    No he's not. There were 2 games before he was even introduced. Warcraft 3 does not encompass all that is Warcraft.
    indeed. There really isn't a main character for WoW, but a cast of characters who seem to one by one get more than their fair share of the spotlight.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    i hope the ones that suggested the Game of thrones writer to come to wow are kidding.

Game of thrones has the most stupid use of lore characters of any series i have ever seen. They create good lore characters only to make them killed and then they left alive the stupiest and less interesting of them (except for the lannister dwarf and arya, the only intresting ones not yet touched by the curse GoT writter sends to their inteersting characters). The rest of them are either crippled, dead or sent to an eternal sleep.

That series script is stupid.
    Someone hasn't read the ASoIaF novels.

Besides, it's natural that characters should die. Martin just doesn't come up with Deux Ex Machinae whenever a person is supposed to die, if they act like they're supposed to be pushing up the daisies soon, that's what they'll be doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoftuna View Post
    Actually, if the Lord of the Clans game wasn't so bad, WC3 could actually be completely different. Heck, the original plan for Warcraft 3 was a RPG game.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    As i recall, people complained about this endlessly because he basically had 0 presence throughout the expansion until you got to Black Temple.

I do agree however that there was too much emphasis on Thrall over Malf when he shouldve had more presence - in this trailer at least.
    I like a good story over the practicality of just sucking up to people
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

I'm so tired of seeing Superman in DC comics and Spiderman in Marvel comics.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Someone hasn't read the ASoIaF novels.

Besides, it's natural that characters should die. Martin just doesn't come up with Deux Ex Machinae whenever a person is supposed to die, if they act like they're supposed to be pushing up the daisies soon, that's what they'll be doing.
    It's not that characters die the problem. The problem is that interesting characters die, get crippled, get in an eternal sleep while stupid characters stay alive.

The script is awfull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    It's not that characters die the problem. The problem is that interesting characters die, get crippled, get in an eternal sleep while stupid characters stay alive.

The script is awfull.
    Ned is a boring character in the grand scope of the novel series. Bran becomes a lot more exactly because he is crippled. New characters come into the picture, and old characters are further developed.

As for being called awful, I guess that's what not being stereotypical does for a story. I for one love it, as do many others, exactly because it's not a good-guy-beats-bad-guy plot. But if you watched it because you wanted LotR 2 then I can understand your dismay.

Deleted
    I just love this hype around thrall!

The expansion is named as Cataclysm and Thrall is arguably the Azeroth's most powerful Shaman, after this remark if you are still nerdraging over him getting the spotlight, then either you are trolling or lacking tons of comprehensive skills.

In addition, Malfurion has his spot aswell that is on par with Thrall's, do the Hyjal Questlines along with completing the ones in Molten Front and you will see, though most of you flamers in this thread just power-level their way through those zones without even reading quest texts...

---

As for Games of Thrones, the story is never interesting when its Evil vs. Good, it is interesting when everything is Gray, in case you are not a gullible child and in that case grow up...

I'm so sick of Thrall, but we should have all seen this coming at last year's Blizzcon. At one of the lore panels, Metzen was given a chance to publicly express that Thrall was basically his Gary Stu. Metzen's gushing over Thrall was almost sickening. At one point he said something along the lines of "Thrall is the most important character to the Warcraft universe ever. He's going to save the world."

Sucks.

The Warcraft universe needs more http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnyoneCanDie

10+ Year Old Account
    Ned is a boring character in the grand scope of the novel series. Bran becomes a lot more exactly because he is crippled. New characters come into the picture, and old characters are further developed.

As for being called awful, I guess that's what not being stereotypical does for a story. I for one love it, as do many others, exactly because it's not a good-guy-beats-bad-guy plot. But if you watched it because you wanted LotR 2 then I can understand your dismay.
    This precisely. Honestly, I found Joffrey himself more of a dynamic character in the end than Ned or 90% of the Starks in book one.