The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorkuismin View Post
    Thing is, i am quite certain i will pay for the game i just want to be sure and try it first. I have tried to ask for a trade in the "Guest pass" forum. But i don't think it's likely people will trade EU for NA. Of course i'm self-centered about a personal question. You don't have to answer i just wanted to know and i got a response basicly saying i'm stupid as this is clear the wont do. Well thank you.

If you just want to try it why can't you try the EU version?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, i am quite certain i will pay for the game i just want to be sure and try it first. I have tried to ask for a trade in the "Guest pass" forum. But i don't think it's likely people will trade EU for NA. Of course i'm self-centered about a personal question. You don't have to answer i just wanted to know and i got a response basicly saying i'm stupid as this is clear they wont do. Well thank you.
    You're not stupid by any means. A trade is likely your best bet. It seems like you are doing the best you can, but it's highly unlikely they'll convert it for you. Hopefully someone can trade with you and it works out.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, i am quite certain i will pay for the game i just want to be sure and try it first. I have tried to ask for a trade in the "Guest pass" forum. But i don't think it's likely people will trade EU for NA. Of course i'm self-centered about a personal question. You don't have to answer i just wanted to know and i got a response basicly saying i'm stupid as this is clear they wont do. Well thank you.
    Nobody said you're stupid, those are your own words. Besides, if you're already quite certain you'll buy it then by all means buy it. You won't regret it and it saves you the trouble of getting another code.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    If you just want to try it why can't you try the EU version?
    Yea that's a good question! I've searched the internets for days for EU guest pass, but it's hard to come by. I just won this one through luck on the "MMODEN" stream, should've known it was NA but i never thought i'd win it.

At Kelimbror

Thanks. Yes i'm trying to find people for a trade, i've got one answer but it was a used EU-key so no luck there. I've posted a ticket for Wildstar just to see what they respond with. Most likely a no-no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Nobody said you're stupid, those are your own words. Besides, if you're already quite certain you'll buy it then by all means buy it. You won't regret it and it saves you the trouble of getting another code.
    You answered with a quite "duh, wont work, are you stupid?"-esque answer. Yes i would like to, but as i'm not rich i want to try the game before investing money in it. Word is it's fluently great and will feel good for previous WoW-gamers.

Not enough tanks or healers for the first dungeon and adventure, so let's put support gear on the AH at 500% the cost of the DPS gear. I really wish I could post the Genius meme here.

Also, first PUG adventure was a disaster. Team leader didn't know they could requeue us after someone left, people didn't read quest text and were running around the fields pulling everything, tank in pure assault armour (I'm a healer but I've manage to scrabble together some Insight) standing in the telegraphs.

I'm really really looking forward to a good group and challenging content, but when people are blatantly thick as a plank...
    RETH

Eh they might do it. They have been converting people's accounts so they might be able to switch the code. Especially if it is mentioned that the key was won on Twitch and it wasn't mentioned that the keys were NA only.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Not enough tanks or healers for the first dungeon and adventure, so let's put support gear on the AH at 500% the cost of the DPS gear. I really wish I could post the Genius meme here.
    Seems to be a common occurrence in MMORPGs. Damage dealers far outnumber healers and tanks, so logically demand for their gear is higher, meaning the cost would be higher. Instead, damage dealing gear's always the cheapest.

Well, anecdotal evidence, but still.

C.R.E.D.D. is live, what's it look like in-game atm?
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys! I bugged my WoW raid leader for a guest pass, and I have played for a night so far. In fact, I even got my girlfriend to play for a while (she thought the Aurin were adorable). However, she seems to be overwhelmed by the amount of stuff going on in the UI. Any tips for helping her become more familiar with the UI elements or being able to hide stuff that isn't necessary, or maybe a video guide to what the stuff is (I haven't played long enough to explain it well).
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea that's a good question! I've searched the internets for days for EU guest pass, but it's hard to come by. I just won this one through luck on the "MMODEN" stream, should've known it was NA but i never thought i'd win it.

At Kelimbror

Thanks. Yes i'm trying to find people for a trade, i've got one answer but it was a used EU-key so no luck there. I've posted a ticket for Wildstar just to see what they respond with. Most likely a no-no.

- - - Updated - - -

You answered with a quite "duh, wont work, are you stupid?"-esque answer. Yes i would like to, but as i'm not rich i want to try the game before investing money in it. Word is it's fluently great and will feel good for previous WoW-gamers.
    Sent you an EU guest pass. Check your private messages, and come back here after you've tried it.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah I am an old timey FFXI player, where I got used to the term 'gil seller' instead of gold seller. That and when I hear people bitching that they spent 3 weeks leveling to max level and calling it a 'grind' I think they are a bunch of entitled children who have no clue what a real grind is.
    Not everyone likes that crap. I like raiding. That's it. But companies for some reason won't let me raid until I do a bunch of useless bullshit for 50+ hours. Imagine buying a racing game, and you start it up and they say "Oh hey, we know you love to race but we're going to need you to take this gun and go kill some germans for 50 hours first". Imaging being forced to trudge through COD style fps bullshit before you're allowed to play some forza.

That's what I'm dealing with. I don't like questing, I don't like leveling, it's torture to me. I have abandoned toons all over the place because of it. I have a level 30 in Rift, a level 27 in SWTOR, a guy in Secret World who doesn't have a level because they don't use levels but they still make you grind out questing, a level 42 in ESO, and a level 19 in FFXIV. All these games are making me do something I don't want to do because no game will just let me buy it and raid. Telling me to go play another game isn't helpful since there is no other game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

Also, first PUG adventure was a disaster. Team leader didn't know they could requeue us after someone left, people didn't read quest text and were running around the fields pulling everything, tank in pure assault armour (I'm a healer but I've manage to scrabble together some Insight) standing in the telegraphs.

I'm really really looking forward to a good group and challenging content, but when people are blatantly thick as a plank...
    Aye I've stopped tanking dungeons for now unless im queueing with a healer I know, too many people used to just staring at a healing-frames addon while most of their spells auto-cast for them, takes the average healer about 3 seconds to respond and move when I roll out of a telegraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Not everyone likes that crap. I like raiding. That's it. But companies for some reason won't let me raid until I do a bunch of useless bullshit for 50+ hours. Imagine buying a racing game, and you start it up and they say "Oh hey, we know you love to race but we're going to need you to take this gun and go kill some germans for 50 hours first". Imaging being forced to trudge through COD style fps bullshit before you're allowed to play some forza.
    Maybe I'm missing something but that sounds like one of the worst analogies I've ever heard . Surely it would be more like having you drive lower performance cars in less intense & complicated races and working your way up, which is basically career mode which most racing games have.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-06-10 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

That's what I'm dealing with. I don't like questing, I don't like leveling, it's torture to me. I have abandoned toons all over the place because of it. I have a level 30 in Rift, a level 27 in SWTOR, a guy in Secret World who doesn't have a level because they don't use levels but they still make you grind out questing, a level 42 in ESO, and a level 19 in FFXIV. All these games are making me do something I don't want to do because no game will just let me buy it and raid. Telling me to go play another game isn't helpful since there is no other game.
    To be fair, it's part of the genre your playing, so your analogy is a bit off. It's more like saying, I only love the boss fights in <random platformer> but I hate how they feed me a bunch of useless levels to play through. It's just part of the game really.

But it's fine that you don't like leveling ofc. Fortunately once you're done, you're done. =D So you'll have plenty of time to enjoy raiding ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    @Disciples You can always buy a character boost in WoW and get straight to raiding

Doesn't matter, questing and raiding is like racing/fps to me. Worlds apart. One I find insanely fun the other is torture.

I do play WoW, but there is no content.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    To be fair, it's part of the genre your playing, so your analogy is a bit off. It's more like saying, I only love the boss fights in <random platformer> but I hate how they feed me a bunch of useless levels to play through. It's just part of the game really.

But it's fine that you don't like leveling ofc. Fortunately once you're done, you're done. =D So you'll have plenty of time to enjoy raiding ^^
    This was a really good analogy. Personally I think that the leveling experience gives a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment at attaining a level-capped character...I remember the first time I got a character to level cap in WoW, I was new to MMOs and it took several months, getting to 70 was a fantastic feeling.

Disciples have you ever gotten to level cap in a game? o.O Honestly I don't think MMOs are for you if you detest leveling that much. Or stick to WoW and buy level capped characters for $60 from the Blizzard store.

The one thing that I have learned from the purchased 90s is that skipping that leveling experience more often than not leads to players who do not understand their class well and do not perform well in a raid environment. They are just simply not ready for raiding. I think most of our experiences in LFR that first week or so after boosted characters were introduced would attest to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaster View Post
    Hi guys! I bugged my WoW raid leader for a guest pass, and I have played for a night so far. In fact, I even got my girlfriend to play for a while (she thought the Aurin were adorable). However, she seems to be overwhelmed by the amount of stuff going on in the UI. Any tips for helping her become more familiar with the UI elements or being able to hide stuff that isn't necessary, or maybe a video guide to what the stuff is (I haven't played long enough to explain it well).
    Well, as long as she pays attention to the skill bar, the health bars and the quest log she should be ok. That and the chat is just the classic MMO UI. The rest of the buttons and counters are there, but I guess that can be ignored to level. I didn't it was that different from your typical MMO...

Doesn't matter, questing and raiding is like racing/fps to me. Worlds apart. One I find insanely fun the other is torture.

I do play WoW, but there is no content.
    You sound like one of those players who is never happy with any game. I see them a lot jumping around from MMO to MMO...most of those players at least manage to get to level cap before abandoning ship though, do you have some sort of undiagnosed ADD/ADHD or something? Serious question.

Yes, WoW is the only one I have level capped players on because they allow leveling through dungeons. I don't have to quest to level there which is awesome.

I know right, I have an uncle who fought in Vietnam and was a POW, he always said the worst part of being a POW was when they tortured you by making you quest in an MMO for 50+ hours.

This is exactly what I am talking about, I know for children christmas never seems to come at all and in an adults perception of the passing of time they are stunned at just how little time that actually is, which seems shorter and shorter as you get older. When you exagerate minor details to make them seem important you make it hard for the rest of us to take you seriously. In the entire expansion of mop I spent 18 hours getting to max level and 2 years in the endgame, which is 17,520 hours.

What I find torturous is people complaining playing a fucking video game is torture because they had to do something for a couple days that they didn't enjoy to get to the part they do enjoy.