Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    No offense, but it would sound better if you changed Abyss to Abyssal, that would actually be correct grammar. I mean, it is the Title.
    You know, I was actually going for "abyssal" but I had my doubts since it somehow reminded me about the ocean. So I looked it up and it turned out that abyss = void/emptiness/darkness and abyssal = deep zone of the ocean. Since english is not my real lenguage I will let someone else correct me. Should I trust you? :'o

Deleted
    hey, dont look at me. i suggested "nether" but u used "abyss" anyways, i looked it up aswell and this is what i got:

a·bys·sal (-bsl)
    adj.
    1. Abysmal; unfathomable.
    2. Of or relating to the great depths of the oceans.
    3. Of or relating to the region of the ocean bottom between the bathyal and hadal zones, from depths of approximately 3,000 to 6,000 meters (10,000 to 20,000 feet).
    a·byss (-bs)
    n.
    1. An immeasurably deep chasm, depth, or void: "lost in the vast abysses of space and time" (Loren Eiseley).
    a. The primeval chaos out of which it was believed that the earth and sky were formed.
    b. The abode of evil spirits; hell.
    so i guess callace doesnt know peep and u win.

OT: dont worry. i have the perfect scene for his death mohahahaaaa !!
    Last edited by mmocb5555a9189; 2011-04-23 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    You know, I was actually going for "abyssal" but I had my doubts since it somehow reminded me about the ocean. So I looked it up and it turned out that abyss = void/emptiness/darkness and abyssal = deep zone of the ocean. Since english is not my real lenguage I will let someone else correct me. Should I trust you? :'o
    Technically, they're the same word. Abyssal is the adjective form. Abyss is the noun. Since Onslaught is acting as the noun in the title and Abyss as the description, Abyss should probably be Abyssal, the adjective form. I'm not sure why the definitions came up differently. They should have the same meaning. It's a matter of grammar more than meaning.

Edit: Abyssal came up as oceanic because it is a dated word, and not a word that gets current use much (except in fantasy), so it was relegated to oceans where abyss has connotations of space because people still use the word. The definition was just never updated. Take my word for it. It's an etymological issue.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-23 at 07:27 PM.

I want this, or something akin to this, SO BADLY. I don't care if they add and revamp Outland zones and content, hell I'd pay a monthly fee for it. This concept is awesome, and I wouldn't leave my screen for a week after that expansion hit. Sad, but true! D:

Deleted
    @callace
    but it doesnt necessary have to be an adjective, right ?? i mean, there r titles like "The Dragon Army" instead of "dragon- oid/ic/ish (lol) army". it could also be like "The Abyss' Onslaught" like in "The Onslaught of the Abyss", right ? :'D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Procadin View Post
    @callace
    but it doesnt necessary have to be an adjective, right ?? i mean, there r titles like "The Dragon Army" instead of "dragon- oid/ic/ish (lol) army". it could also be like "The Abyss' Onslaught" like in "The Onslaught of the Abyss", right ? :'D
    Right, but dragon is still describing army in that example, so it's still an adjective. Dragonoid -ic-ish are pretend forms of the word. So they would sound silly because they aren't real words.

It doesn't *sound* as good as Abyssal also, because that many hard consonants squeezed together doesn't create a nice sound in English.
    The "flow" is better with the extra syllable. And honestly, I think Onslaught of the Abyss sounds better as well, the same way Wrath of the Lich King sounded good. Your English is excellent, but it isn't the best style for the job. I could diagram the phrases poetically for you, but I won't make this into an academic point.

Blizzard always uses Abyssal as the model for the adjective. Just compare the number of entries with Abyss as the first word and Abyssal as the first word in WoWhead's search engine. There's a reason behind everything if you look hard enough.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-23 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    @Callace

Hm, "The Abyss Onslaught (TOA)" sounds better than "Onslaught of the Abyss" to me. But it's an open concept, so if you have a really cool name for this I will be pleased to rename it and add you to the original post. Also the Abyssal will not be the ones striking all life :

Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-23 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    To be fairly honest, I think this is a needed change. Hopefully they change the quests in Outland and Northrend in order to line up with the lore of Cata in a futre expansion ALONG with a new continent to explore. We still have "Southtrend" and various unxplored islands and the city of Nazjatar to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    @Callace
    Hm, "The Abyss Onslaught (TOA)" sounds better than "Onslaught of the Abyss" to me. But it's an open concept, so if you have a really cool name for this I will be pleased to rename it and add you to the original post. Also the Abyssal will not be the ones striking all life :

I write poetry in English as a vocation. I've studied the forms and sounds of the language for their expressiveness for years,
    and have trained extensively on the subject.

But since you are from Sweden, and this is obviously for fun, I'll leave you to your opinion.

I didn't realize English wasn't your native language when I first posted, so I apologize for my prudence.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-23 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    @Callace

LMAO! That's so not cool, dawg. Don't tease me like that with your talents and then leave it to me to decide. Spit it out now! x'D

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, but naaru are good guys, they wont be killing stuff
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Callace on this one. Abyss Onslaught is kind of awkward - it's not how it would usually be written. I'd go with 'Onslaught of the Abyss' myself.

Deleted
    Now I'm completly embarassed, even more after asking the moderators to change it again. That's what happens when you don't give me name suggestions! :'( Are you happy now!?

10+ Year Old Account
    i love it its great
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    honey, is there any life left in Argus ?? cuz from what ive read i suppose that place must be pretty dead right now and would look like blasted lands and hellfire pre-revamp. also where is the entrace to the Inner Core ? maybe hellfire or something, there has to be a special spot they chose. kinda think of armaggeddon's "we must drill here ! the only way"

Deleted
    UPDATED!

The description for Fields of Farahlon (aka Netherstorm) is now up after many days of pondering. I hope you like what I did with the plot and Alliance feat. Horde daily event that will remind about Wintergrasp but with two factions coperating until the portal is reached.

@Procadin
    It should be pretty dead after hundred thousands of years under the Burning Legion. So it could look like red or black with green. I'm planning to put the Inner Core's entrance on the northern peninsula in Frostmaw Glacier. And yeah, it is the easiest spot to dig and closests to their "headquarters"! :3

Seems like a awesome idea.

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    - Zangarmarsh is rotting as the waters are getting corrupted by the presence of an Old God.
    Old Gods are only present on Azeroth

Arakkoa
    It's possible that the Arakkoa might be servants of the Old Gods; the Arakkoa are known to use dark magics and pledge allegiance to dark forces. In Shadowmoon Valley the Arakkoa attempt to summon a Old God and when a players summon Darkscreecher Akkarai he speaks of "voices below the earth", a common reference to the Old Gods, although since Outland is little more than the floating remains of Draenor, it's hard to image that a Old God might be hiding below.

from wowwikki

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Old Gods are only present on Azeroth
    Not true, but I don't recall hearing of any within Outlands.