Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Two years ago Blizzard was company I could trust.

I don't know now. I'm Suspicious. The lack of solid story, lack of customization, lack of world in Cata has done harm to the WoW franchise. That harm will have larger, longer lasting affect on Blizzard itself I fear.

What excitement that was created by the blizzcom opening was quickly drowned out by suspicion. Companions fighting maybe, or it could be just like steam tonks... I was told Cata would bring "meaningful choices" for talents. They are attempting to sell that to us again with MoP. I don't know.

With the constant drops in SC2. The lack of depth in Cata, and the RMAH coming in D3. I have suspicion with the direction Blizzard is taking these great titles.

Blizzard was the greatest video game development company to every grace the earth (at least in my eyes), I just don't know anymore.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well let me give u an advice, when something is just not entertain or enjoyable for you just let it go, if you don't like how blizzard is running the business, well stop buying blizzard products is that easy, stop suffering and get something that really makes you happy..

Deleted
    If you watched the stream of the Blizzard team panels you'd see that those that work for the company still have a lot of passion for their games. That's why I feel the QQ over the MoP expansion is extremely unwarranted, they are doing what they think is best for the game. Sure, there are powers above them puling some strings, but the fact they are releasing an expansion that could likely lose more subs shows that they do these things with their best intentions and the real fans in mind.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2011-10-23 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    well let me give u an advice, when something is just not entertain or enjoyable for you just let it go, if you don't like how blizzard is running the business, well stop buying blizzard products is that easy, stop suffering and get something that really makes you happy..
    Yeah I did that, but you know, just like your favorite team (Detroit Lions/Tigers) you never want to give up on them. You hope the get it right. I don't know though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    Very much this.

If something ain't fun anymore, don't do it.

I stopped playing my favorite sport when I was 18 years old, after 6 years, because I just wasn't having as much fun anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard ever lied to anyone. All the things they have said to give us were never promises (Not trying to sound like a fangirl here) and they had "working" models, but decisions later on in the development got them canned. MMORPG development is a very cut throat business..

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Very much this.

If something ain't fun anymore, don't do it.

I stopped playing my favorite sport when I was 18 years old, after 6 years, because I just wasn't having as much fun anymore.
    I stopped liking football in the 9th grade. I stuck with it. I ended up at the University of Michigan, having the time of my life.

I think there is a correlation there....

I didn't have high hopes before bracing for the news, so can't say I was surprised much.

It was glitzy Nagrand style graphics with an Asian theme, and a SOE-style NGE to rip off parts of Rift, SWTOR, and GW2.

I'll still hear what else they have to say later about MoP, but so far it was just Cataclysm 2.0, with some bells-and-whistles, less end-game content, less villains, less lore.

/shrug meh

edit:
    oh I did think the Pandas themselves were OK. Even SWTOR has critters, and EverQuest has a Cat-human race. On that part I don't understand the hate, I'm personally more concerned with actual gameplay (or lack thereof).
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-23 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    I stopped liking football in the 9th grade. I stuck with it. I ended up at the University of Michigan, having the time of my life.

I think there is a correlation there....
    True, but you were fueled by an ultimate goal.

I wasn't. And most of us playing WoW aren't, since WoW is a form of entertainment, something we do on our spare times, without any real goal to it other than to have fun and progress in the game.

I dont trust Blizzard since they got bought by Activision or w/e it was.

I agree with you. However, you'll get trolled to oblivion regardless. Personally, I don't really even want to play Blizzard products anymore. A while back they were my favorite company, continually pushing out stellar content and new innovations all the time. However, with the way it seems they're going now, I just don't want to support them.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to give it a shot. I was disappointed by the announcement, but mostly because of the panda thing, and truthfully, I don't have to play one. Sure, they're missing a main villain, but there wasn't on in vanilla, either. I think they're trying to listen to their fan base, but with as many players, there are an abundance of QQs, and not everyone can win. Some people love the expansion (well, what we've hear so far). I'm still on the fence.
    OT: You've gotta be from MI Did you play for UM?

I don't know now. I'm Suspicious. The lack of solid story, lack of customization, lack of world in Cata has done harm to the WoW franchise. That harm will have larger, longer lasting affect on Blizzard itself I fear.

What excitement that was created by the blizzcom opening was quickly drowned out by suspicion. Companions fighting maybe, or it could be just like steam tonks... I was told Cata would bring "meaningful choices" for talents. They are attempting to sell that to us again with MoP. I don't know.

With the constant drops in SC2. The lack of depth in Cata, and the RMAH coming in D3. I have suspicion with the direction Blizzard is taking these great titles.

Blizzard was the greatest video game development company to every grace the earth (at least in my eyes), I just don't know anymore.
    When it comes to WoW I'm afraid I have shared your "suspicion" for quite a while. Don't know much about the diablo franchise... But what "constant drops" in SC2? SC2 is turning out to be a HUGE success for esports, just look at viewership during big tournaments like MLG and IPL. Or the crowd at Blizzard invitational. If you have solid numbers stating that less and less people are playing it, then by all means I will accept that. But my logic tells me that there were some initial drops, just because everyone and his mother will try out any new game that Blizzard has made. And then find out it's not their type of game Just look at the massive interest around D3, I can assure you that it won't be everyone's cup of tea. But everyone who knows the quality Blizzard stands for will get it, including me. (About that quality, I am not counting the state of WoW today, the game is aging and you can tell) Minor wall of text, just because I can. (Or because I get an error each time I hit enter...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleytwun View Post
    I'm willing to give it a shot. I was disappointed by the announcement, but mostly because of the panda thing, and truthfully, I don't have to play one. Sure, they're missing a main villain, but there wasn't on in vanilla, either. I think they're trying to listen to their fan base, but with as many players, there are an abundance of QQs, and not everyone can win. Some people love the expansion (well, what we've hear so far). I'm still on the fence.
    OT: You've gotta be from MI Did you play for UM?
    Yep was there when Cordell threw the bomb lol. That's all I'm gonna say

Deleted
    Cataclysm feels like a complete waste of time now that they're revamping the talent system again. I'm so sick and tired of the 'feel' and playstyle of my chosen class shifting each expansion.

Deleted
    Didnt they promise a long detailed story for pandaria?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    I'll still hear what else they have to say later about MoP, but so far it was just Cataclysm 2.0, with some bells-and-whistles, less end-game content, less villains, less lore.
    LESS end-game content?! Are you fcking serious? There has never been as much content for max level as there will be in MoP.
    Less lore? We have a completely unknown area with completely unknown races. If anything, it will have much more lore than previous expansions just finishing stories.

Villains. Horde and Alliance are villains.

Companions fighting maybe, or it could be just like steam tonks...
    Did you even watch/read the information they announced? They said it will be a turn-based battle, very similar to Pokemon.

I was told Cata would bring "meaningful choices" for talents. They are attempting to sell that to us again with MoP. I don't know.

Again did you... never mind. They separated specs and talents altogether now you can pretty much make choices of taking some key talents originally you weren't able to access because they were only accessible in specific spec. Now you will be able to make choices between apple vs apple vs apple instead of apple vs orange vs banana which then, you will pigeonhole yourself to take orange because it made you win more in PvP or others for specific reasons over your own preference and style.

With the constant drops in SC2.

Wait what? constant drops? They are further expanding and going in depth of Starcraft universe and character development, focusing on Kerrigan in the next part. If anything SC2 has richer and more in depth plot and missions than SC1. In multiplayers and pro scenes SC2 has already taken over SC1.

I don't know... you sounds like someone who is lack of many things up there to be taken seriously, especially AFTER Blizzcon you are still making many "assumptions" about topics they already clearly addressed.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2011-10-23 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am sorry, but am I the only one who is in stitches about this? A ripoff of Rift, SWTOR, and GW2? I mean..seriously? Rift is the one who tried to be clever by copying WoW in the first place and be smug about it in their adverts, GW2 and SWoToR aren't even out.
    The problem is when a game tries to copy other games to compete with other games. It looks great on paper, but in practice all in does in my eyes is remove all the original characteristics that once made a game popular. SOE did this with SWG, having an adverse reaction to it's community. Even later to an extent, EQ became watered down to be more fast-paced (less downtime) like WoW.

Even when WoW ripped the concept of achievements off from Warhammer, Blizzard still kept their design engrossing and solid. Lately the game has been becoming something I didn't enjoy (versus what it used to be), becoming a more kid friendly cutesie game.

Little parts were borrowed here and there from other games, but nothing major in the past. MoP is a major game switch. It's now less about WoW becoming unique, but trying to become more like their competition. Good marketing for Blizzard? Probably, for those who don't notice / don't care. But for everybody else, it's a disappointing slap in the face, as money to Activision-Blizzard is more important than originality (Panda's excluded).
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-23 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Cataclysm DID bring better talent-trees
    Perception and opinion are everything - not everyone universally thought the cut-down trees from Cata were better. And no, calling them idiots or any other derogatory term won't make them wrong, so let's save that.