Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    3 raids, 14 bosses, how is that switching?
    Got the link for that info? I'd like to read more. Mainly about the raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNf049rVVEU

All that pessimism can't be good for your cortisol levels, nor can it be good for your blood pressure. Might want to take a breather and just not play. Wanna check up on the game by visiting the website from time to time to see if it's improved to your standards? Sure. Just don't post your negativity on here, because it does nothing for you, the game, or anyone else whose still currently enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am sorry, but am I the only one who is in stitches about this? A ripoff of Rift, SWTOR, and GW2? I mean..seriously? Rift is the one who tried to be clever by copying WoW in the first place and be smug about it in their adverts, GW2 and SWoToR aren't even out.
    That doesn't mean they haven't taken ideas directly out of SWTOR's beta...which as a beta tester, it sure feels that way to me. MoP is the "WoW Clone"'s clone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    well let me give u an advice, when something is just not entertain or enjoyable for you just let it go, if you don't like how blizzard is running the business, well stop buying blizzard products is that easy, stop suffering and get something that really makes you happy..
    This, it's like all that goddamn Apple Product qq about it sucking etc, then don't fudging buy it.
    +10 to you my good chap.

You'll have to elaborate on that one. Timed dungeons and public quests are end-game? No villain means less story and less to do / less to care about...

As for lore, an island with level 90+'s was forgotten about. Wait, wouldn't someone have remembered or noticed that? Deep stuff...
    Considering the conga line of super baddies that's piled on Azeroth one after another, when have we had the time?

To be fair, Vanilla didn't have a clear-cut villain either. Just a succession of different dungeons and bosses with no real integration into the world-wide story. TBC was the first to have a clear protagonist from the start. And honestly, I welcome the change. Focusing on the faction v. faction tensions that we've been promised for years now will be a nice departure from the formulaic "Big Bad threatens Azeroth. Go kill his minions, then kill him". There's wiggle room in the story line this way for more of the faction leaders to come forward and be more active, for second-tier character to have chances to shine as well. If anything, there's a greater chance of my fangirl fantasy of Garrosh and Varian throwing each other into a volcano happening.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but wow, if you don't like them just don't play? why do people feel the need to make a huge deal of if they like blizzards product or not? i really really like wow, but i hated cata so i quit, i didn't make no forum posts saying i was, i just unsubbed, now im re-subbed and im looking forward to MoP. If that is as bad as cata i will stop playing again, i dont see the huge deal people make out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    Well, there's your problem right there. The more unreasonable your expectations are, the more disappointed and/or angry you will be when your expectations are not met.

The lesson you should be learning isn't that Blizzard is a bad company or an evil company or a lazy company. They aren't any of those things, and never were. The real lesson is that when you expect perfection from an imperfect human institution — or worse, when you expect other people and the institutions they create to be projections or manifestations of your own ego rather than discrete, autonomous entities in their own right — you get exactly what you deserve in return: disappointment.

Your attitude towards Blizzard was not rational. It was quasi-religious. You lost faith, and now you don't know what to replace it with. But that's just what happens when you use something external to yourself as a tool for defining your identity. Too bad, so sad.
    You might be spot on till the bold part lol. You kinda just through that part in there

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Very much this.

If something ain't fun anymore, don't do it.

I stopped playing my favorite sport when I was 18 years old, after 6 years, because I just wasn't having as much fun anymore.
    What a sad day that was for kickball fans around the globe. Seriously though if something is making you unhappy take a break from it or give it up completely. I do think many of the ppl that keep trying to stick it out do it out of some sort of lost feeling and not knowing how to pass the time in a world without WoW. Mix that in with some thoughts that they will miss something extremely important as soon as they stop logging in and they stay stuck and upset. I really enjoy the game myself but man is it a prison for so many ppl. Unhappy staying but unhappy at the thought of leaving.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    grrr.. that was years ago. When I was there, football, video game, and women was all there was.
    ahh, sorry about that then, I thought you meant you were there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    k thanks, exiting out for a bit to watch it (40 mins long).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleytwun View Post
    they're missing a main villain, but there wasn't on in vanilla, either.
    entire questlines and multiple zones were leading you directly to onyxia and ragnaros.
    aq40/naxx had a huge quest lead in too.

vanilla had main villains.

The only thing I know is that end-game seems lacking, as of now. The conflicts on Pandaria are the story makes it sound like you are switching into quests and daily's now, instead of end-game.

As for anything being hypocritical, there was none implied, as I said the lore was lacking, not non-existant without a major antagonist. Do Pandarians have enemies? What two sides are you speaking of? Fill me in.
    All of this information was presented during BlizzCon. Every question you asked here was answered. Every single one. So basically, your argument is that MoP is lacking because you didn't pay enough attention to know much of anything about it.

I don't even know how to classify your attitude, except as a case of "not even wrong".

If you don't put something on a ridiculously high pedestal you won't be crushed with disappointment when they don't do exactly what you want them to do. They are a business and will try to please the consumer as best they can. There's nothing suspicious about anything they've laid out at Blizzcon. They've explained everything to the best of their ability as clear as they can (because let's face it, most of the stuff isn't in the final stages of development). If you don't like what they've done with their franchises then don't buy any more Blizzard products. Buying them only means you support them in some manner.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

<snip>
    I'll still hear what else they have to say later about MoP, but so far it was just Cataclysm 2.0, with some bells-and-whistles, less end-game content, less villains, less lore.

/shrug meh

<snip>.
    Actually Karteli - you know me and my hatred of Cata... and even I am kinda pleased by a lot of the changes as a LOT of my previous gripes are being addressed.

First off, they actually bringing back the Wrath-difficulty for 5 man heroics. Thank friggin christ! no more hour+ long CC snorefests... I can have FUN again with running dungeons.

Secondly, they addressed the (lack of) lore and how they're punting too many major plotpoints to the novels... they actually said they're going to focus more on telling the story in the game this time around as opposed to the books (why they didn't do that in the first place!? o_O). So, hopefully that doesn't mean more zone-wide Uldum/Raiders of the Lost Ark parody BS.

Third, they said they're putting MORE of an emphasis on end-game content this go-around... so we haven't seen any of that yet.

And yeah, I totally agree they're ripping ideas off SW:ToR (Pet battle system) and Rift/GW2 (PVE scenarios). But, honestly, I think that's fine as - well - those games also rip off a lot of ideas from WoW. :P (Well, save for maybe GW2...)

Seeing them also do things like "no flying until 90" also pleases me to no end... that they're trying to give the player a great adventure experience back that they had in Northrend.

Now - DON"T get me wrong! I'm not re-subbing yet! I want to wait and see exactly IF all these promises get implemented! I haven't forgotten the burn scars I have from when I played Cata... but I at least am glad they're actually ACKNOWLEDGING the problems that Cata brought, and that they're the same ones I saw.

Right now Blizzard showed me the shiny new car and all the tricks it can do. But I'm still going to want to check under the hood and read the fine print before I sign the contract. :P

I like that you are bitching about wow and the new xpac with no endgame, yet have no clue about any of it. How dense do you need to be to not have seen or heard or read or anything about what was talked about at blizzcon just this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    LESS end-game content?! Are you fcking serious? There has never been as much content for max level as there will be in MoP.
    Less lore? We have a completely unknown area with completely unknown races. If anything, it will have much more lore than previous expansions just finishing stories.

Villains. Horde and Alliance are villains.
    Biggest cop out ever for Villains and people saying the most max level content ever are fucking idiots. Its the SAME as Cata launch, 3 raids, 5-6-2. If anything its less content, less zones, less dungeons. (dont you dare count revamping scholo and sm as new dungeons)

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I like that you are bitching about wow and the new xpac with no endgame, yet have no clue about any of it. How dense do you need to be to not have seen or heard or read or anything about what was talked about at blizzcon just this weekend?
    Whoa whoa guys. This is about Blizzard and WoW. Trust and history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I like that .. <SNIP>
    How would you know what I have a clue about. I only didn't see specific lore conflicts, which I am still waiting to see in the video, as well as end-game raiding info. Saying "no clue" is pretty strong words and hardly necessary.

If lore is rich, then the trailer to showcase deep lore was lacking.

OT: Skepticism is going to be normal after Cataclysm. I'm still waiting for Aerial Combat, coming soon to WotLK.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-23 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    With the constant drops in SC2.
    Ah, you're right. Warp Prism drops have become a more popular strategy. They're no longer limited to "special tactics," and now Protoss have an answer to Medivac harass and Baneling bombs.

Wait...were you just talking out of your ass? My apologies.