Thread: Nuclear bomb

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Take the uneducated rednecks/druggers.

maybe some bieber fans too
    Or here's a thought...maybe people in prison...."SHOCK HORROR" go kill pedophiles and rapists...there are plenty of them in any big city...The ones that should be getting the death penalty anyways...

For me, it'd largely depend on the city. Overall though, I would. It'd be a justifiable, noble cause to do so. I can think of ten people the world would be better off without in a matter of seconds. If you're allowed to just go to some prison and shoot a bunch of rapists, I would no matter what city it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    I was just thinking about this. Our government very rarely works with terrorists, because it does no good. Also, how would they contact specifically you? Phone? Internet? Both of those are monitored, and you'd have the FBI knocking on your door.
    I'm quoting Spock from Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn

On topic - I would try to, but I was brought up to be a nice chap so it would be a total dichotomy for me...

Logic says 'do it in a flash', my heart says 'nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...'

not this shit again...

as stated before there would be enough people who would spend there lives for saving others
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    Option 1: Ten people die.

Option 2: potentially millions of people die instantly, (even if you evacuate, the number of people stuck in traffic jams, and people unable to move on their own is orders of magnitude higher than ten.)
    Many more people across the country are irradiated causing cancer and birth defects in their children.
    A large highly populated area of economic, political and social importance becomes uninhabitable for the forseeable future.

The only moral dilemma here is whether to include yourself in the ten people being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Modo View Post
    Option 1: Ten people die.

Option 2: potentially millions of people die instantly, (even if you evacuate, the number of people stuck in traffic jams, and people unable to move on their own is orders of magnitude higher than ten.)
    Many more people across the country are irradiated causing cancer and birth defects in their children.
    A large highly populated area of economic, political and social importance becomes uninhabitable for the forseeable future.

The only moral dilemma here is whether to include yourself in the ten people being killed.
    You are trying to push the responsibility away... its

Option 1: Ten people are murdered by you

Option 2: Many more people are murdered by someone else

10+ Year Old Account
    10 to save millions (first the bomb, then county retaliates, possibly more bombs).

I would.

Deleted
    *Going down the bombshelter,Looks slightly annoyed at this inconveniance. Continues playing Total war on laptop...*

And im not kidding! Why would anyone care about 10 people or even millions of people they don't know?
    Lets put it this way, My cats life is worth more than 1billion people to ME,i would most likely kill everything on this planet if it was about my cats survival or other family members! But killing 10 strangers i dont care about inorder to save millions of strangers i dont care about isn't worth it! Im still going to jail and wasting my life.
    Abit cold but realistic,Not many people will sacrifice their life for the gain of many.
    To those of you who would <3 you are true heroes and a valued resource in our society
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-01-09 at 11:53 AM.

Well, if you can count me as innocent. you only would need 9 more.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    nope - 10 chars...
    grats, you just let 19.5 MILLION people die (I took NY population from wikipedia) because you refused to kill 10. For every one person you refused to sacrifice you killed one MILLION and 950 THOUSANDS others.

I bet those 19.5 MILLION dead people are really happy of your morals.

And a question: sacrifice 10 ppl to save nearly 20M or refuse to sacrifice and let them die anyway when nuke explodes in THEIR city?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    But would they listen to you? Would they believe you? Or might you even be arrested and put in danger yourself for it?
    It's a town where everybody knows everybody and every rumor is heard (my family not included cause we don't give a shit about those who live here). But yeah, don't think they will listen / believe

Quote Originally Posted by wowfunny251 View Post
    go kill pedophiles and rapists...
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    maybe some bieber fans too
    Hard choice tbh... I mean, like, OH COME ON EVERYBODY WOULD KILL THE BIEBER FANS! O.o Dump them all in one town, drop the nuke there and you will be seen as god!
    It's just a matter of opinion's.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    grats, you just let 19.5 MILLION people die (I took NY population from wikipedia) because you refused to kill 10. For every one person you refused to sacrifice you killed one MILLION and 950 THOUSANDS others.

I bet those 19.5 MILLION dead people are really happy of your morals.

And a question: sacrifice 10 ppl to save nearly 20M or refuse to sacrifice and let them die anyway when nuke explodes in THEIR city?
    primum non nocere

The real question here is how would you live with yourself knowing that you killed millions of people, if you chose not to kill the 10?

Life isn't about sticking to a strict moral code and taking the moral high ground all the time. Life is about adapting and surviving. If you're chosen to make a decision like this, one can only hope that you would do what's best for the greater good.

We can even make this scenario even more difficult by proposing that you kill 10 of the most innovative people at the forefront of science and medicine, or 1 million children get taken to an island, which then gets nuked.

Among those 1 million childeren could easily be 10 people who grown up to be leaders in the scientific/medical community. The idea that some of you just wouldn't take any action is appalling.

primum non nocere
    Circumstantially, you'd be harming millions by not harming 10. Saying 'harm no one' doesn't work.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since a lot of people in this thread are saying their answer depends on what city would be bombed, I want to ask: what city/cities with over one million inhabitants would you sacrifice for 10 random lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    The real question here is how would you live with yourself knowing that you killed millions of people, if you chose not to kill the 10?
    Well seeing how I never put the bomb there in the first place I wouldn't consider myself killing them. I was only given the choice to save them by killing 10 people and I couldn't live with myself doing that.

Deleted
    Lets put it into perspective! You send a few buck down to Africa every year to save all the poor people, right? Knowing that most of it goes to supporting Guerilla troops ,who then systematicly rape,murder and abuse those men,women and children! There you have your moral dilemma, now just apply it to this problem. How do you act towards that?
    My actions will probably only worsen then situation so i'll lay flat on my back pretending nothing is happening!
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-01-09 at 02:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id do it without remorse, since id pick the 10ppl i hate the most :> (For various private reasons)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Why not just evacuate the whole city?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Why not just evacuate the whole city?
    That wouldn't make a dilemma then.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-01-09 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    That wouldn't make dilemma then.
    That's why you do it, so you don't have to deal with dilemmas like this.