Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely loving Mists of Pandaria, but that is not to say it couldn't stand some criticism.

I have to say, imo CRZ has caused more problems than it has solved, making the world seem busy is nice concept aesthetically but it has a very detrimental impact on gameplay, my main gripe is that quests are still largely designed around individual tags and quite often people will swoop in and take the item you were about to grab. I think a reverse CRZ would be a very nice tech to have for overpopulated servers, to basically phase areas out to be less dense.

Also to all the people saying dailies are optional content, while technically this is true, they are not optional if you wish to be competitive or progress at a decent pace. I am nearly done with my reputations, so now I am forced to do dailies just to cap valor? I have to agree that is a poor design choice, and I am hoping in the future they will offer better rewards for valor from dungeons and scenarios etc.

PvP is fine imo, the reason WoW has interesting PvP to me is that it is constantly changing and never homogenized. While some classes have advantages that seem unfair, that simply adds to the challenge. I do not consider PvP a "sport" but to make a comparison, if all football players were 100% equal in size strength and agility, wouldn't that make for a very boring game to watch?

While I am enjoying MoP, and perhaps the OP is a bit angrier than he should be, I believe there is no reason to blindly defend Blizzard's design choices, making constructive criticism is how the game will be improved even stronger in the future.
    Last edited by MetroidHunter; 2012-11-04 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    1. Opinions
    2. Opinions
    3. Opinions

Yeah, ok.
    What are we discussing again? The same topic as yesterday and the day before I guess?
    This 100% ^
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, i was wondering earlier when will i see a thread yelling how MoP is worse than cata!

ITT: People who want everything now.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    ITT: People who want everything now.
    ^People who don't understand why people are annoyed with wow in its current state and keep saying stupid things like "wants everything now/welfare epics....."
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the post its self is not real or anything I'm asking to prove that it is in fact the Majority asking for it.

When in fact its not tons of players do not even use the forums. It could be the Majority of the forum users asking for it but its not the Majority of the Wow pop asking for it.

That is blizzards problem they lissen to a small few who act as they are the Majority. Look at cata that kind of prove's my point.
    To agree with you I will say if the entire WoW community could actually voice their opinions on the forums, we'd have an entirely different game.

Not to say Mists isn't good, but you get the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Terrible? You're being nice.
    They took the worst things in this game...and doubled it. Rep grind, dailies, farm a ton to get decent gear, exhausting leveling with quests and more quests, poorly implemented world bosses, etc.
    They took the most promising things in the game and didn't give them the attention they deserved. Pvp balance: a freaking joke. Raids: unoriginal. New content? No one enjoys scenarios (worse than dungeons), challenge modes are for few, and are actually not challenging.

Instead of moving forward with the game, they took large steps back. That in pandaland, boring continent, boring enemies, silly lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang it... and I thought I was having fun until you explained that I wasn't.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I know what it means.

Can you outline to me then what the Majority is? Because at this point I'm seeing opinions from one polar opposite to the next.
    No and frankly nobody can. Attempting to deign the movements and sway of such a large majority of people is the work of the second foundation and hari seldon. Google it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    MoP is way better then craptaclysm.
    But your first point is really valid daily rep *sucks*.
    An yes you *have to* do them, at least if you're an enchanter (and some other professions )

those 3 things are things i love :P

10+ Year Old Account
    cool story bro. if you don't like it, then bye bye. nobody will miss you. move on, get over it, instead of hanging around posting pointless forum threads like 99% of all the other butthurt kids who quit because of your reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ^People who don't understand why people are annoyed with wow in its current state and keep saying stupid things like "wants everything now/welfare epics....."
    What is there to understand? You want more valor from lfd, you don't want daillies to require rep, some even say lfr is too hard. How is that anything other than wanting things easier? It's easy to understand why people are annoyed, it's because they grew used to Cataclysm and now want what they lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    That's weird. My impression was that the Vanilla game design actually encouraged guilds to work on different tiers of raid content. Around the time ToC came out in WotLK, Blizzard took the stance that when they release new raid content, everyone would move up to that new tier. There were no guilds that raided Naxx to gear up for Ulduar with the ultimate goal of clearing ToC. You could take a fresh 80, run a few heroics, then step right in to the expansion's third raid tier, never having seen the previous two tiers. They effectively made their existing content 100% obsolete.

It baffles me that Blizzard argues that they don't have infinite resources to pump out raid content as fast as it's being consumed, but then each patch they actively destroy their precious raid content by replacing it with valor gear.
    It's a clever euphemism to say they were encouraged. In reality if a naxx or aq40 raiding guild could at all help but going back to do mc or bwl they did. What happened though was they started to suffer from attrition and turn over. Especially in the age of 40 man raiding. On a lower pop servers this became a huge problem because I joined wow about the time the gates of AQ opened up and as soon as I hit 60 I hit such a huge wall. No guilds would take me to raid because I didn't have the gear. BUt few guilds would go back and run earlier raids to get the gear. It was such a huge trap. That's why when TBC came out it was explosive. In part because it was a huge reset for everybody but also because it was alot easier to keep current. That's what this point system is trying to do more or less. Upgrade gear you have to keep somewhat current even if you have bad rng and you won't fall behind.

Their insistance that they can't is frankly bullshit but the alternative is far worse in my opinion especially when coupled with their seeming inability or unwillingness to do anything about server populations.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    hum... NO.
    mop has little to nothing to do with tbc, ESPECIALLY when it comes to dailies.
    Yes it does.

In TBC you didn't have to farm dailies over and over again but it had a massive grind very similiar to what we have now, just with long, hard and repetetive dungeons. Hell, you needed reputation with factions just to do heroic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holybeatdown View Post

While I am enjoying MoP, and perhaps the OP is a bit angrier than he should be, I believe there is no reason to blindly defend Blizzard's design choices, making constructive criticism is how the game will be improved even stronger in the future.
    The problem is that even the most constructive of criticisms is met with huge resistance. The community simplies turns on itself for NO reason. I mean if they let me get rep out of dungeons would you stop running dailies? Dailies would still be rewarding, moreso than they've ever been. Even suggestions that literally don't harm anybody get met with cries of work harder or qq more or the usual crap.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    What is there to understand? You want more valor from lfd, you don't want daillies to require rep, some even say lfr is too hard. How is that anything other than wanting things easier? It's easy to understand why people are annoyed, it's because they grew used to Cataclysm and now want what they lost.
    No one said any of that but thx.

No one has said more valor from LFD. what people have been saying is there should not be a Rep Requirment on the valor gear and to spend valor you have to do daily's to unlock the valor gear.

Also if anyone is calling LFR hard then need to unsub i enjoy LFR and its fair from hard.

Its better if you learn to read a topic before commenting on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Yes it does.

In TBC you didn't have to farm dailies over and over again but it had a massive grind very similiar to what we have now, just with long, hard and repetetive dungeons. Hell, you needed reputation with factions just to do heroic dungeons.
    No it wasn't. Attaching the grind to dailies is bad for a number of reasons and very un tbc like. For one thing I could run normals for rep as many times or as little times as I liked. For another "double dipping" that the developers have pointed out as the singular flaw in tabard design existed in TBC as well. You've been "double dipping" dungeons for gear and rep in so many expansions now that the rep grind has only gotten less and less meaningful and that started in TBC. Everyone saying this is like TBC has no clue what TBC was like.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The problem is that even the most constructive of criticisms is met with huge resistance. The community simplies turns on itself for NO reason. I mean if they let me get rep out of dungeons would you stop running dailies? Dailies would still be rewarding, moreso than they've ever been. Even suggestions that literally don't harm anybody get met with cries of work harder or qq more or the usual crap.
    I would just give up with this because its pointless.

Having to deal with people i just replyed to *not you* is one of the reasons why i no longer want to be apart of wow.

1: I have not done a daily in almost 2 weeks.

2: CRZ has had zero effect on me or my gameplay.

3: I see plenty of people doing Bgs and arena, not sure how that fits into any kind of complete disaster.

Thanks for your opinions, door and way out etc.