Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is why they call it Player versus Player. It is not a Level vs Level server or a 1 vs 1 server. If you are sub90, and in PvE gear on a PvP server, you best learn contortion as a profession. You are gonna need it to stick your head behind your leg and kiss yer butt goodbye.

Someone will always have the upper ground, and someone else the lower ground. That's just life and games except single player nintendo games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Well if that's a problem for you, you simply picked the wrong server type. Transfer or reroll are the options.

Anyone who rolled on a pvp server 7 years ago had no inclination knowing that one day Blizzard would start pairing servers together and creating a gank fest that makes it near impossible to level.

A low pop server has no chance in CRZ pairings. A high pop server will field more people willing to gank lowbies than all the level 90s on a low pop server sitting around in stormwind.

This is not what people rolled pvp servers for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    interesting i was only killed once by horde in hyjal there i skipped uldum i hit 85 in deepoholm, ill agree with you on blasted lands, in battle group helfire is just a sess pool for ganking now and the plague lands i got ganked many times there also. the other zones were just random one offs if i got ganked there at all, i guess the affected areas differ from battle group to battle group

which leads me to ask which are you on as im in misery battle group
    I'm in the Ruin battlegroup, but there's a bunch of big PvP servers there; the zones are all really busy and there's plenty of ganking happening.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Anyone who rolled on a pvp server 7 years ago had no inclination knowing that one day Blizzard would start pairing servers together and creating a gank fest that makes it near impossible to level.
    It isn't anywhere close to "near impossible to level"; I've gotten two characters from 1 to 90 through CRZ. Even if questing isn't great because the zones are currently being camped on your battlegroup, you can always queue for dungeons and battlegrounds from safety.

A low pop server has no chance in CRZ pairings. A high pop server will field more people willing to gank lowbies than all the level 90s on a low pop server sitting around in stormwind.
    If there's a bunch of 90 Horde ganking you, there's probably a bunch of 90 Alliance there as well. Blasted Lands is almost perpetually a nightmare, but it's usually pretty even from what I've seen; you've got both Horde and Alliance slaughtering people of both sides. That just means I avoid it, now.

This is not what people rolled pvp servers for.
    If you rolled on a PvP server and didn't want this, then you picked the wrong server type. This kind of gameplay has always, since Vanilla, been the stated and expected intent of the PvP realm ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you rolled on a PvP server and didn't want this, then you picked the wrong server type. This kind of gameplay has always, since Vanilla, been the stated and expected intent of the PvP realm ruleset.

Where in the PvP realm rule set does it say, "PvP realms import other servers trash to gank you"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where in the PvP realm rule set does it say, "PvP realms import other servers trash to gank you"?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master (GM) staff. Actions that fall into this category include, but are not limited to:

• Corpse camping.
    • Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    • Killing players well below your level.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-server-policy

It doesn't have to get into "importing players from other servers" since that's irrelevant; the explicit intent is that you can and will be corpse camped and ganked. CRZ just tweaked the population to make sure it was happening often enough, since if it's not, the experience on PvP and PvE realms is pretty similar, and that's clearly NOT what's intended.

Remember the "Massively" in MMO? It has finally returned to the game, whether they're from your own server or not.

Blizzard needs to fix the BoA gear so I can send it all to a toon on a pvp server to check it out.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master (GM) staff. Actions that fall into this category include, but are not limited to:

• Corpse camping.
    • Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    • Killing players well below your level.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-server-policy

It doesn't have to get into "importing players from other servers" since that's irrelevant; the explicit intent is that you can and will be corpse camped and ganked. CRZ just tweaked the population to make sure it was happening often enough, since if it's not, the experience on PvP and PvE realms is pretty similar, and that's clearly NOT what's intended.

So you concede there is no rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you concede there is no rule.
    Yes, me linking the rule that clearly states that PvP realms expect and encourage ganking and corpse camping is totally a concession that the rule I just linked doesn't exist.

You're wrong. Resorting to pedantry because you're wrong just comes off as desperate.

Yes, me linking the rule that clearly states that PvP realms expect and encourage ganking and corpse camping is totally a concession that the rule I just linked doesn't exist.

You're wrong. Resorting to pedantry because you're wrong just comes off as desperate.

Nothing you posted hinted at the possibility of having to deal with garbage from other servers.

Nothing you posted hinted at the possibility of having to deal with garbage from other servers.
    So then you are also against any sort of free server migration from one PvP server to another or paid server transfers from one pvp server to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    So then you are also against any sort of free server migration from one PvP server to another or paid server transfers from one pvp server to another.
    If you want to deal with other servers in PvP, WoW has an opt-in...it's called battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that in any way relevant?

What you're complaining about is that said "garbage from other servers" is camping and ganking people on your server.

Getting camped and ganked is expected gameplay on a PvP server.

It really doesn't matter one whit whether the person doing it is on your server or has been CRZed in; the gameplay experience you are complaining about is what PvP servers are explicitly intended to be like. The CRZ is implemented to ensure the stated policy reflects actual gameplay. It's a fix, not a change.

Hence my comment about you being pedantic. You're picking on something completely irrelevant to your actual argument as if that one difference somehow proves your case, when it doesn't, because it has nothing to do with it. You're supposed to get ganked and camped, on PvP realms. That wasn't working out on many realms due to low relative populations in zones that weren't part of the current expansion content, so they added CRZ to increase that population and ensure the PvP experience was appropriate.

If you don't like getting camped and ganked, change servers. That is, as I have directly cited twice, the explicit purpose of PvP servers. If you don't like PvP servers, that's fine; there's plenty of PvE servers to play on. If you rolled on a PvP server because you didn't understand the rules, well, that's tough luck, but you have no right to demand changes to the ruleset because you didn't understand the choice you were making.

tho endus you will agree that the rules have changes in 7 years will you not? or atleast when crz came in as its no longer just your server camping and ganking its the whole battle group

also if the intent of crz was to make abandoned zones populated i dont get why the chose the begining of mop when ppl are leveling new characters they will populate the abandoned zones, i just dont see the need for crz at the start
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-10 at 09:12 PM.

How is that in any way relevant?

What you're complaining about is that said "garbage from other servers" is camping and ganking people on your server.

Getting camped and ganked is expected gameplay on a PvP server.

It really doesn't matter one whit whether the person doing it is on your server or has been CRZed in; the gameplay experience you are complaining about is what PvP servers are explicitly intended to be like. The CRZ is implemented to ensure the stated policy reflects actual gameplay. It's a fix, not a change.

Hence my comment about you being pedantic. You're picking on something completely irrelevant to your actual argument as if that one difference somehow proves your case, when it doesn't, because it has nothing to do with it. You're supposed to get ganked and camped, on PvP realms. That wasn't working out on many realms due to low relative populations in zones that weren't part of the current expansion content, so they added CRZ to increase that population and ensure the PvP experience was appropriate.

If you don't like getting camped and ganked, change servers. That is, as I have directly cited twice, the explicit purpose of PvP servers. If you don't like PvP servers, that's fine; there's plenty of PvE servers to play on. If you rolled on a PvP server because you didn't understand the rules, well, that's tough luck, but you have no right to demand changes to the ruleset because you didn't understand the choice you were making.

No I am not picking something pedantic, nor am I moving the goal posts.

CRZs are a busted design. Pitting an endless supply of max levels against people just trying to level is bad design and not the intention of CRZs.

This follows no sense of the PvP realm rule set that many signed up for years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    tho endus you will agree that the rules have changes in 7 years will you not?
    They don't keep records of the past PvP realm policy, but I'm pretty sure that outside of updating the language as needed, it's basically the same as it was in Vanilla. So no, the rules have stayed pretty much the same; it's always been "ganking and camping are A-OK on PvP realms, that's what they're for".

or atleast when crz came in as its no longer just your server camping and ganking its the whole battle group
    No, it's enough other players in your battlegroup to ensure the zone has the right population to provide the intended experience. Nor would I say it's a massive change; I've been ganked about as often while leveling post-CRZ as I was in Vanilla. It's a change from TBC through Cata, sure, but it's a fix, to bring back the intended experience.

As bad as Blasted Lands is now, Stranglethorn Vale was that bad in Vanilla. All that changed was which zone was the funnel point that shoved both factions together.

also if the intent of crz was to make abandoned zones populated i dont get why the chose the begining of mop when ppl are leveling new characters they will populate the abandoned zones, i just dont see the need for crz at the start
    They're adjusting that ratio as needed. The old zones aren't overcrowded currently, though; if anything we'll see them ramp CRZ up as people are leveling fewer alts, not the reverse.

The intent is absolutely to make those zones active and busy. That's where they're currently at. They're not overcrowded; I haven't had any experiences of overcrowding in leveling any of my characters. If anything, it could be ramped up a bit more than it currently is in most zones.

PvP servers were even harder to level on then they are now 7 years ago. Very few escape mechanisms, no flying, no arena only BG and long queues so people were out and about in the world. Also, the world was much smaller so the playerbase was more dense across the zones. You're joking if you think 7 years ago, pvp servers were a friendly place. 7 years ago if you dared level in STV instead of just doing SM runs from 30-40 you would be ganked every 5 minutes by a 60.

People just got soft over the past FEW years (wotlk+) because world pvp has been basically non existent. As Blizzard said, this wasn't intended. And now its been fixed. And now people are crying about pvp on a pvp server. Smallest violin: its playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I am not picking something pedantic, nor am I moving the goal posts.
    Is your issue that you're being ganked and camped, or is it that you're seeing people from other servers?

The former is a complaint about PvP realm policy. The solution to that is to get off PvP servers; they aren't for you, clearly.

The latter I haven't seen anyone really complain about.

CRZs are a busted design. Pitting an endless supply of max levels against people just trying to level is bad design and not the intention of CRZs.
    It's not the intent of CRZs. It's the intent of PvP realms. I already cited the PvP realm policy which states this.

CRZ technology has made that promise a reality. If you didn't want that promised gameplay, you should not have rolled on a PvP server.

This follows no sense of the PvP realm rule set that many signed up for years ago.
    I already cited the PvP realm rule set that states otherwise. You are supposed to get ganked and camped. If you don't want to experience that, PvP servers aren't for you. That's what they're for.

They don't keep records of the past PvP realm policy, but I'm pretty sure that outside of updating the language as needed, it's basically the same as it was in Vanilla. So no, the rules have stayed pretty much the same; it's always been "ganking and camping are A-OK on PvP realms, that's what they're for".

No, it's enough other players in your battlegroup to ensure the zone has the right population to provide the intended experience. Nor would I say it's a massive change; I've been ganked about as often while leveling post-CRZ as I was in Vanilla. It's a change from TBC through Cata, sure, but it's a fix, to bring back the intended experience.

As bad as Blasted Lands is now, Stranglethorn Vale was that bad in Vanilla. All that changed was which zone was the funnel point that shoved both factions together.

They're adjusting that ratio as needed. The old zones aren't overcrowded currently, though; if anything we'll see them ramp CRZ up as people are leveling fewer alts, not the reverse.

The intent is absolutely to make those zones active and busy. That's where they're currently at. They're not overcrowded; I haven't had any experiences of overcrowding in leveling any of my characters. If anything, it could be ramped up a bit more than it currently is in most zones.

when i rolled on a pvp server when i started playing i actually enjoyed getting ganked on my chars and accepted that it happens as i could get on my main and fight them, unfortunately with crz i cant do that now as they can run back to their on servers SW/pandaria where i cant touch them. which saddens me as the only reason i enjoyed wpvp was coz i could get revenge from my ganker.

so in light of what you said im gona have to say that the rule set has changed, since gankers can avoid the "real" pvp situation when mains come,

be4 you say anything endus, if they are on my server i have a pretty high chance of meting them on the way to a raid or while doing dailies. if they aren't the chance of meting them again is almost zero, also stv in bc was as bad as you say it was in vanilla
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-10 at 09:38 PM.

when i rolled on a pvp server when i started playing i actually enjoyed getting cant on my chars as i could get on my main and fight them, unfortunately i cant do that now as they can run back to their on servers SW/pandaria where i cant touch them. which saddens me as the only reason i enjoyed wpvp was coz i could get revenge from my ganker.
    You can still get your revenge. Just exact it on other players. The same situation has happened to me a number of times, I got there on my main and noone was around. So you know what I did? Spent 10 minutes cleansing the zone of every red player I could find. At that point, mission accomplished. Got back on my alt and continued on.

Who cares about individual revenge when you're at war. Make all the other players pay for their factions injustice against you.