Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Blood Elf lore update would be glorious.

Turalyon/Alleria AND Sylvanas talking to her sis would also be amazing.

And you know what would be EVEN BETTER? Draenei lore!! I honestly hate the playable race, but I'd be damned if I don't see Velen get built up in this next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw 9/25 and just assumed it was a 2013 thread =/
    Agreed with every thing above (Other than the last part.)

I'm pretty sure Alleria will be a heavy point in Sylvanas's character development, as well as perhaps the only driving force in a unified Quel'thalas (as far as Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei are concerned.) I really can't imagine her not coming back and bitchslaping both her sisters. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the day the day we see her again.

On the Metzen forgeting he said it note. I half agree and half disagree. Several interviews this expansion with Ghost Crawler have said that for the first time ever Blizzard is planing for future expansions ahead of time. So Metzen saying we'll see them next expansion is not really unbelieveable.

However Dave Kosak in a recent interview also said, something about wanting to add Turalyon and Alleria back into the game but they are having issues doing it.

To be honest, I don't know who to believe on that. Dev interviews have been full of mix information and lies that speculation over it seems almost pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's coll but it's tricky situation with this. They are Alliance Heroes,horde need to get something as well. So, maybe blizz create new horde character (Saurfang niece would be cool) or heavly develop already existed (For example Saurfang,Nazgrel or some other,). I don't think blizz make them neutral. Alliance players would crucified them if they make their greatest Paladin neutral, and i totally understand them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's interesting at least. The Alliance is boring as fuck.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2013-09-28 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Given how it is strongly implied that Wrathion will get a "next time" in trying to convince the peoples of Azeroth that there is a Burning Legion coming it seems likely that the Burning Legion won't be the next expansion but the one after. Also they built up towards a Queen Azshara expansion during Cataclysm, adding Azshara herself to a quest in Darkshore, and the whole zone of Vashj'ir which showed the whole conflict between Neptulon and the Naga, and how the Kraken captured him (and later we tried to save him in that 5-man, only to see him being dragged off by the Krakken at the last moment).

So I deem South Seas/Queen Azshara/Naga/N'zorth/Neptulon is more likely to come next.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Blood Elf lore update would be glorious.
    Turalyon is a human and Alleria is a high elf. Their possible return has nothing to do with blood elves.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Turalyon is a human and Alleria is a high elf. Their possible return has nothing to do with blood elves.
    Keep in mind Alleria probably has no idea the Scourging of Quel'thalas happened.

And Turalyon would have no idea Lordaeron is in ruins.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, we have the following assumptions or axioms irrefutable:

• Turalyon and Alleria have to come back sooner or later (it is assumed that in the next expansion)

• Turalyon and Alleria are two of the most important heroes of the Alliance since lifetime.

• Blizzard loves the Horde and consequently shows little appreciation for the Alliance and its affairs.

Now, having in mind the above premises, it is clear that both Turalyon and Alleria (or maybe just Alleria) will turn into neutral heroes, or what is the same: they will have some sympathy with the Horde and will be shown somehow indifferent with the Alliance.

In other words, if Alleria and Turalyon return turned into neutral heroes, or anything else not being clearly identified as 100% supporters of the Alliance in all aspects, then their comeback will be an insult to the Alliance, a catastrophic outrage with unfortunate results for Blizzard itself.

Turalyon and Alleria have been, are and must always be steadfast heroes of the Alliance until the end of their lives. Anything else will be an insult to the Alliance (the worst of all until now).

However, the only logical reason that Blizzard has for neutralize Turalyon and Alleria is simply that there are no homologues heroes for them in the Horde, and therefore those of the Alliance have to be "shared" with the Horde...

But, are you sure there are no heroes of the Horde who are currently missing or presumed dead and that in the next expansion may come and have their due protagonism?

Think of some! My suggestions are threefold:

• Rexxar. The perfect candidate to counter to Alleria and her High Elves of the Alliance, in this case Rexxar will bring the Ogres to the Horde. It's time for this great hero takes protagonism.

• Rokhan. The inseparable companion of Rexxar and right hand of the Warchief Vol'jin. The best counterpart of Turalyon for the Horde.

• Broxigar. We could say that he is the greatest hero of the Horde, the only one who has come face to face against Sargeras ... although he did not survive.
      However, Sargeras could have been so impressed by his courage and determination that perhaps the leader of the Burning Legion could have resurrected Broxigar to make him a champion of the Burning Legion, erasing his memory in the process to make it more manageable.
      In the next expansion many people would be impressed by seeing Broxigar alive again leading the Burning Legion forces, and no doubt they will try make him recover his memory and bring him back to the Horde.

With MoP being 2 years after the cataclysm (source is the new "ultimate visual guide" which is written by their main historian i think, which could mean that wrathions "1 year leap" doesn't hold up but /shrug.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2013-09-28 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me is kind of a let down to have a Burning Legion expansion, cause i feel that Azshara will be used as a mere Patch boss, but the idea of the windrunner sisters meeting once again excite me

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    For me is kind of a let down to have a Burning Legion expansion, cause i feel that Azshara will be used as a mere Patch boss, but the idea of the windrunner sisters meeting once again excite me
    I wouldn't worry too much about it yet considering this thread was necroed and that quote is a year old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Let's see, we have the following assumptions or axioms irrefutable:

• Turalyon and Alleria have to come back sooner or later (it is assumed that in the next expansion)

• Turalyon and Alleria are two of the most important heroes of the Alliance since lifetime.

• Blizzard loves the Horde and consequently shows little appreciation for the Alliance and its affairs.

Now, having in mind the above premises, it is clear that both Turalyon and Alleria (or maybe just Alleria) will turn into neutral heroes, or what is the same: they will have some sympathy with the Horde and will be shown somehow indifferent with the Alliance.
    Of course Turalyon and Alleria will become neutral. Blizzard would make them Horde if they could.

You know how much Blizzard love the Horde. I remember the hell I went through on my Alliance paladin in vanilla, then in TBC Blizzard gave the Horde paladins with an AOE silence. They gave the Horde superior paladins. Hell, Vanguards still plays a Belf female.

Blizz should nerf Every Man for Himself so everyone rerolls Horde. It would be really fun to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i realize these was a dead thread and someone rezzed it :P

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Before she went missing into the Twisting Nether, Alleria was actually one of the few High elves to question the population's disapproval of the Alliance humans; which I totally understand since the High elves were being ridiculous in their denunciation from them. Alleria never wanted to step away from the Alliance, but Dath's opinion couldn't be swayed by her, so she had no choice.
    Alleria went missing, before Quel'thalas left the Alliance and no she was not really supportive of the Alliance, she was too occupied with vengeance, heck she says some really nasty things in the book.

Beyond the Dark Portal page 63
    " I --- the Alliance--- can't afford to find out on the battlefield that you're not listening,or not obeying." He waited until she looked at him. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"There is no problem," the blond elf answered sharply."The Alliance wants every orc dead. So do I. We can work together on that."

"That's all we are to you now -- a means to an end. A way to kill more orcs more quickly."

"What else is there?"
    And that is some of the nicer stuff she said, Alleria might love Turalyon but her utmost loyalty was always to her people, it remains to be seen how she will cope after she learns what happened to her homeland and family.

I hope they make Turalyon and Alleria be Alliance/Horde reps instead of making them neutral. It would make sense for Alleria to side with the Horde, since all the Blood Elves are and her sister is leader of the Forsaken. Turalyon would obviously side with the Alliance. Making them Neutral would make them as boring as Malfurion or Thrall. What the story needs is tension, and this would make a perfect dynamic between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Alleria went missing, before Quel'thalas left the Alliance and no she was not really supportive of the Alliance, she was too occupied with vengeance, heck she says some really nasty things in the book.
    I know, I wasn't talking about when Quel'Thalas became under the leadership of Kael. I was talking about hwen Quel'Thalas was under the leadership of Dath'Remar and when the trolls burned down some of the High elven forests. Dath'Remar blamed the humans' poor leadership for the burning of the forests, and essentially, a huge majority of the population (including Dath'Remar) abandoned the Alliance (however, they were still technically part of the Alliance). Alleria and her rangers were some of the few to go against the popular decision.

IMHO, I hope Alleria and Turalyon remain on the Alliance side of things, but like pre-destruction-of-Theremore Jaina did with the Orcs, they will keep in-touch with the Blood elves.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-29 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I hope they make Turalyon and Alleria be Alliance/Horde reps instead of making them neutral. It would make sense for Alleria to side with the Horde, since all the Blood Elves are and her sister is leader of the Forsaken. Turalyon would obviously side with the Alliance. Making them Neutral would make them as boring as Malfurion or Thrall. What the story needs is tension, and this would make a perfect dynamic between the two.
    Alleria is not a blood elf and is an Alliance hero, there is no reason at all that she would choose to side with the Horde.

Neutral does not work well in Warcraft. I would much prefer the Alliance get to keep their Alliance heroes and that the Horde gets a separate storyline furthering Sylvanas' story (aka the actual Windrunner sister who went Horde) and/or get some development regarding other key Horde characters, such as Rexxar.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-28 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It would make sense for Alleria to side with the Horde, since all the Blood Elves are and her sister is leader of the Forsaken.
    So...her sister becomes everything that she hates, sided with her worst enemies along with her former people that became corrupted by demonic energy...Yeah, totally will side with them and not her HUSBAND (Turalyon BTW)

Honestly, with Varian planning something against the Forsaken, Alleria is probably going to lead the attack, eventually killing Sylvanas and laying her to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Honestly, with Varian planning something against the Forsaken, Alleria is probably going to lead the attack, eventually killing Sylvanas and laying her to rest.
    I love that idea! That would be super interesting and touching!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    So...her sister becomes everything that she hates, sided with her worst enemies along with her former people that became corrupted by demonic energy...Yeah, totally will side with them and not her HUSBAND (Turalyon BTW)

I'm still confused about this "take Lorderon back" bullshit. Thats like the US saying it's time to take Canada back! whaaa?. When Arthas killed everyone the.... kingdom was legitatmately the undeads. He was afterall still the successor to his father and the King. The Forsaken REBELLED. Expelling the Legion AND Arthas from the Capital and surrounding lands. Who is anyone to say that the land is theirs? The people who died there, the Elves still living who had ones who died there. Lorderon is the Forsaken and the Blood elves.

No one has any right to claim. Especially since Stormwind didn't lift a finger during the third war.

And before anyone mentions the fucking bigot Garithos, That pompus ass had humans who willingly were like WHELP time to murder all the blood elves in our armies because we left them without and weapons to fight the scourge and somehow pulled it off.

That pompus ass is the entire reason the blood elves were driven to the Horde and the elven factional split happened. He is also the entire reason Kael was driven towards Illidan and later towards the Legion. Had nothing happened Lorthrmor would still be ranger general, Silvermoon would be a bastion for the Allaince, Dalaran would NEVER of had a Horde presence ever, and Kael likely would still be a insanely powerful faction leader and the pincer movement would of wiped out the Forsaken.

But things don't always go as planned now do they?

Oh btw, If elves were never forced into the arms of the Horde they never would of gotten mana bomb tech. So Theramore going boom is also part alliance fault in hindsight.

Maybe Alleria should be told the the "glorious allaince" wanted to purge her people for "treason" AKA not throwing themselves at a suicide mission. Demonic or not I find it hilarious any elves stayed with the Alliance after the "purge"
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-29 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm still confused about this "take Lorderon back" bullshit. Thats like the US saying it's time to take Canada back! whaaa?. When Arthas killed everyone the.... kingdom was legitatmately the undeads. He was afterall still the successor to his father and the King. The Forsaken REBELLED. Expelling the Legion AND Arthas from the Capital and surrounding lands. Who is anyone to say that the land is theirs? The people who died there, the Elves still living who had ones who died there. Lorderon is the Forsaken and the Blood elves.

No one has any right to claim. Especially since Stormwind didn't lift a finger during the third war.

And before anyone mentions the fucking bigot Garithos, That pompus ass had humans who willingly were like WHELP time to murder all the blood elves in our armies because we left them without and weapons to fight the scourge and somehow pulled it off.

That pompus ass is the entire reason the blood elves were driven to the Horde and the elven factional split happened. He is also the entire reason Kael was driven towards Illidan and later towards the Legion. Had nothing happened Lorthrmor would still be ranger general, Silvermoon would be a bastion for the Allaince, Dalaran would NEVER of had a Horde presence ever, and Kael likely would still be a insanely powerful faction leader and the pincer movement would of wiped out the Forsaken.

But things don't always go as planned now do they?

Oh btw, If elves were never forced into the arms of the Horde they never would of gotten mana bomb tech. So Theramore going boom is also part alliance fault in hindsight.

Maybe Alleria should be told the the "glorious allaince" wanted to purge her people for "treason" AKA not throwing themselves at a suicide mission. Demonic or not I find it hilarious any elves stayed with the Alliance after the "purge"
    I just think Alleria laying her sister to rest is such a tear-jerking story.

~~~~~~~

While Garithos was really bad (I don't cuss lol), Blood elves still didn't HAVE to join the Horde. It was their ideology that suffering from magical withdrawal would kill them; an ideology given to them by none other than Kael. The High elves prove that this is not the case showing that with meditation, you can control yourself of the addiction. So Kael misinformed them, which in my belief, caused them to remain in Quel'thalas in fear for an answer on how to sustain their addiction (which most did causing them to absorb fel energy). Some High elves that went with the Alliance even went back to Quel'thalas because the Alliance couldn't cure them of their addiction, so this "fear tactic" worked.

Also, while Garithos was evil, the High elves didn't hold the humans in good view; even before the Scourge Invasion. Under the leadership of Anasterian Sunstrider, the High elves only put up a token army to help the Alliance in the Second War. They also blamed the humans' poor leadership skills for the burnings of their forests (which the Trolls burned the forests, and without the humans' help they probably would've burned down Quel'thalas). It was after the Scourge Invasion that the High elves clung on to the Alliance, and how do you think that would make them feel?