Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Should Food Delivery Workers be given a firearm on job?

Basically if you're working a job that requires you to go door to door to deliver food to people, do you think they should be given something like a pistol while on duty? When you sign up for the job, they check your mental state, train you a little, then when you are on duty, you are given a pistol until your shift ends, at which point you return the gun or face severe consequences. This is largely in part due to the fact that most people who work these kinds of jobs are exposing themselves to considerable danger.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Everyone is out to get you!

Oh hell no. If you really feel scared maybe a bullet proof vest but, weapons no.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The only danger a Papa John's driver faces is from the pizza itself.

As a gun owner, i think this is a dumb idea.

Deleted
    Define "considerable danger" and why's that?. And where is this? Does not really feel that needed here in Sweden.

They should have the right to carry handgun on them if they want, but they shouldn't be required to by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The only danger a Papa John's driver faces is from the pizza itself.
    Well that and shitty employment practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Antech View Post
    Define "considerable danger" and why's that?. And where is this? Does not really feel that needed here in Sweden.
    The person you're delivering or might try to kill or rape you, or worse in the case of serial killers. This is not a far cry either.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Bullet proof vests, armor, and a tiny camera in their cloths recording what they do/go to as a means to catch any violent offenders that attack them is fine. Giving them a weapon on duty leaves too much risk since not all of them are sane, some may end up shooting at angry costumers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ashamed I had to think about that for a second. They don't need firearms to do their job. Even though there have been delivery people that were robed while delivering, that is a small number of incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    The person you're delivering or might try to kill or rape you, or worse in the case of serial killers. This is not a far cry either.
    Find me some proof this being an issue right now. I don't mean one or two cases, i mean enough cases that this is a legitimate concern.

Deleted
    Of course! If there's anything the world needs it's more people carrying guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    They should have the right to carry handgun on them if they want, but they shouldn't be required to by the company.
    This. Don't issue it by default, but permit them to go through the necessary steps to legally carry a concealed firearm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Find me some proof this being an issue right now. I don't mean one or two cases, i mean enough cases that this is a legitimate concern.
    Read any website that involves lots of stories by delivery drivers and you'll see that thefts and attacks are a common concern.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

sigh when will this stop?

Teachers should carry guns! Delivery Workers should carry guns! Secretaries need a gun! You know what give every damned kid in the classroom a gun .....honestly besides upping the profitability of gun companies why does everyone in the country need to be armed?

Give everyone a gun, just make bullets illegal.

How is delivering food exposing yourself to considerable danger?
    More guns = more shooting, no?
    Stop being so paranoid thinking everyone is out to get you.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

90% of your threads ARE far cries :-P

And no, it could work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Read any website that involves lots of stories by delivery drivers and you'll see that thefts and attacks are a common concern.
    So not any actual proof, just hearsay by people claiming to have been harassed.

The person you're delivering or might try to kill or rape you, or worse in the case of serial killers.
    Let's arm Girl scouts because when they go door to door selling cookies people might kill them....
    Wtf?