Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Even if just for one year? Sorry, but your team looks to dominate the NFL for a long while if they can keep the core of this team together.

With Russel Wilson, a healthy Harvin and the core of this defense you are set up for what would not surprise me to be repeat champions and long term contenders.
    it can be hard to hang on to every top star in the team though. like or not, some players are going to go for more money elsewhere.

I'm not a fan of Pete Carroll but otherwise congrats to the Seahawks, well deserved win and championship.

I know it won't happen but it would be cool if the Denver Broncos would refund the ticket prices to the fans that went there, a disgraceful performance.

Congrats to the Seahawks fans on here. What a terrible display by Denver. Seriously, I'm ashamed of this game. My wife said "At least they made it there". No, that doesn't make this travesty of a game acceptable. From the initial snap I had a feeling it was going to be bad. This bad? Wasn't expecting that. Denver shot themselves in the foot time after time. The first Manning interception was a terrible pass. The second Manning interception may NOT have been one if Moreno even bothered to take a look around during the 5 hour window the ball was in the air. Maybe Malcolm Smith doesn't pick it off if Moreno knocks him to the ground or something. I'll take a 10 yard penalty over a 7 point touchdown. I didn't like not kicking a field goal at the end of the first half. I hated the decision to kick the ball short to keep it out of Harvin's hands. Matt Prater has the record for the longest field goal in history, he had the most touchbacks of the season by a wide margin, why would you not try to kick it out of the end zone? Bad coaching decision. Then the Demaryius fumble when the Broncos were finally starting to REALLY drive the ball. That was the straw. The defense pretty much gave up by that point. They had done their damnedest to keep Denver in the game (outside of that terrible Tony Carter PI on a ball that Tate wasn't going to catch in the first place that set up the Lynch touchdown run.) I give the 1st half defense a B, 2nd half defense a C- (only because they quit), and the offense an F- for the entire game. Absolutely deplorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Am i really the only one that dont understand how people could think this was a 50/50 game?
    all pressure was on Broncos, Peyton ofcourse more pressure than others as he wanted his ring and perhaps a decent "ending?".
    They played once in pre-season where Seattle also dominated to say by winning 40-10.
    And ofcourse the biggest reason. What is the positive thing about having a #1 Offense, when you're having a mediocre defense(and pathetic today) when you're facing an oldschool #1 Defensive team with pretty decent offence?
    Im by far not an expert in NFL or the sport in general but all those things together would to me be a huge favour for the Seahawks as we saw today.
    You must not have watched the game. Denver's defense only gave up 13 points until the game was completely out of hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if just for one year? Sorry, but your team looks to dominate the NFL for a long while if they can keep the core of this team together.

With Russel Wilson, a healthy Harvin and the core of this defense you are set up for what would not surprise me to be repeat champions and long term contenders.
    Seattle's got a lot of free agents and nearly no cap space. Golden Tate is gone. Michael Bennett might be gone. Browner and Thurmond are both free agents. Doug Baldwin is a restricted free agent, which means a pay raise. They're going to have a tough go of it if they can't trim some cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You must not have watched the game. Denver's defense only gave up 13 points until the game was completely out of hand.
    I watched the whole game and for pure pleasure really.
    And all i could see was onesided play and the defense not able to stop Seattle from getting to peyton. It happend, what 5 times that they interfered with his throws.
    They were dreadful from start to finish all of them

I watched the whole game and for pure pleasure really.
    And all i could see was onesided play and the defense not able to stop Seattle from getting to peyton. It happend, what 5 times that they interfered with his throws.
    They were dreadful from start to finish all of them
    Too bad when Peyton's on the field it means the defense isn't. Stop commenting on things you obviously know nothing about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will wait till the flux of casual viewers dissipates to post my thoughts, but for now I feel like I should be more celebratory. Maybe because I felt like this game was over before it started.

I doubt it. Players like Kam Chancellor and Sherman are going to demand serious bucks, and that defense is strung together by budget contracts. Don't be surprised if there's a mass exodus of talent in the next couple of years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad when Peyton's on the field it means the defense isn't. Stop commenting on things you obviously know nothing about.
    If the defense werent shit today, how can you defend the 43 points from seattle and the constant breaking through their defense?
    And last time i checked in any sport, especially American football, you are to defend your Quarterback, no?
    Which barely was the case today.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I won't count my chickens before they are hatched. For now, I am happy that I won't receive any more taunting about not having any trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I doubt it. Players like Kam Chancellor and Sherman are going to demand serious bucks, and that defense is strung together by budget contracts. Don't be surprised if there's a mass exodus of talent in the next couple of years.
    They've already locked up Chancellor this past season. But they have to worry about Earl Thomas instead. They're going to have to offer them real contracts if they don't want to risk losing them next year in free agency. There are plenty of teams that are going to be willing to sacrifice the picks in order to get either of them.

- - - Updated - - -

If the defense werent shit today, how can you defend the 43 points from seattle and the constant breaking through their defense?
    And last time i checked in any sport, especially American football, you are to defend your Quarterback, no?
    Which barely was the case today.
    The quarterback plays on offense. Because they're the ones who score. The job of the offense is to score. The offensive line protects the quarterback. Also, 2 points came from a safety by the offense. 7 points came on a kick return for a touchdown which is special teams. 7 more points came from an interception return for a touchdown, which only the quarterback can throw. Who plays on offense. And 14 more points came after Denver was already losing 29-0. Those 14 points are after the defense stopped playing because the game was pretty much over. Up until that point, their defense had only given up 13 points.

Like I said. Just stop talking. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

15+ Year Old Account

The quarterback plays on offense. Because they're the ones who score. The job of the offense is to score. The offensive line protects the quarterback. Also, 2 points came from a safety by the offense. 7 points came on a kick return for a touchdown which is special teams. 7 more points came from an interception return for a touchdown, which only the quarterback can throw. Who plays on offense.

Like I said. Just stop talking. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    "The offensive line protects the quarterback"

Alright ill change it then. from defense to Offensive line, regardless. did they not fail misserabely defending peyton?

i might not have a clue about what everything is called but a defense is a defense even if its in an offensive play. as you say, they protect their quarterback thats what im getting at. and peyton didnt get much help there.

And btw isnt broncos also ranked #19 in the league with their defense. so by stats they are mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Wow, you literally just posted the exact same thing I posted last page.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    This is once again relevant.
    Better quality!

One of those games where within a minute you knew it was over. Reminded me of the 1990 game where San Francisco came and took Denver right out of the game. Congrats Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Better quality!
    Lesser quality is better for 1990s material!

15+ Year Old Account
    They've already locked up Chancellor this past season. But they have to worry about Earl Thomas instead. They're going to have to offer them real contracts if they don't want to risk losing them next year in free agency. There are plenty of teams that are going to be willing to sacrifice the picks in order to get either of them.

- - - Updated - - -

The quarterback plays on offense. Because they're the ones who score. The job of the offense is to score. The offensive line protects the quarterback. Also, 2 points came from a safety by the offense. 7 points came on a kick return for a touchdown which is special teams. 7 more points came from an interception return for a touchdown, which only the quarterback can throw. Who plays on offense. And 14 more points came after Denver was already losing 29-0. Those 14 points are after the defense stopped playing because the game was pretty much over. Up until that point, their defense had only given up 13 points.

i don't know what you are talking about, the defense from Denver was never really trying to begin with. they got ran over time and time again.

As a Patriot's fan i was pleased with the outcome lololol Peyton.

Well, I called the guy with the pick 6 getting MVP.

I just... what did I just watch?

I also found Seattle's 4th down "attempts" (where they obviously didn't try to get the first down) at the end of the game more degrading than actually kicking the FG.

"The offensive line protects the quarterback"

Alright ill change it then. from defense to Offensive line, regardless. did they not fail misserabely defending peyton?
    Never said they didn't.

i might not have a clue about what everything is called but a defense is a defense even if its in an offensive play. as you say, they protect their quarterback thats what im getting at. and peyton didnt get much help there.
    No, the defense has their own line. The defensive line. They are on defense. The offensive line's job is to block. But they play on offense. Yes, they defend the quarterback, but that doesn't make them defenders.

And btw isnt broncos also ranked #19 in the league with their defense. so by stats they are mediocre.
    Actually, they were worse than that for the season. But they haven't been mediocre for a few games now. Things change. If you want to look at the entirety of the season, that's fine. But at that point, what excuse is there for the '07 Giants beating the undefeated Patriots? Teams play better at certain times. Denver's defense had been much better over the last month and a half or so. And, like I said, they're defense played well in this game. Defense wasn't the reason they lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Well, I called the guy with the pick 6 getting MVP.

I just... what did I just watch?

I also found Seattle's 4th down "attempts" (where they obviously didn't try to get the first down) at the end of the game more degrading than actually kicking the FG.
    no sense running up the score.