Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I can't believe people can talk for over 80 pages about few extra lines on nelf belly. I see nothing wrong with new model, and extra muscles makes them more believable as warrios. They no longer have wide shoulders, and now got even rounder back, otherwise body stays the same, so what's the fuss all bout? You'll run around with gear on anyway.
    You guys are way too histerical about it.
    For me model is good, and there is nothing wrong with it.

And I wouldn't use fan-art for back up. Many artists have thier own visions about races, and have different styles, if you really want refference use offical blizzard art when speaking about models.
    Reimann's very sensitive about her night elves. And Garian has a fetish for their "soft, beautiful and youthful" faces that were on the old model >_> *shiver* I myself love the model. Near perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I can't believe people can talk for over 80 pages about few extra lines on nelf belly. I see nothing wrong with new model, and extra muscles makes them more believable as warrios. They no longer have wide shoulders, and now got even rounder back, otherwise body stays the same, so what's the fuss all bout? You'll run around with gear on anyway.
    You guys are way too histerical about it.
    For me model is good, and there is nothing wrong with it.

And I wouldn't use fan-art for back up. Many artists have thier own visions about races, and have different styles, if you really want refference use offical blizzard art when speaking about models.
    People cares a lot about their characters appereance a lot wich is why transmog is so successful, and a lot of those people have spent a lot of gold/time farming and creating sets that are more revealing
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Reimann's very sensitive about her night elves. And Garian has a fetish for their "soft, beautiful and youthful" faces that were on the old model >_> *shiver* I myself love the model. Near perfection.
    I am indeed. : P (I am trans*male though as an fyi) As a character I've played for ten years as of this new anniversary I am very nitpicky to what changes are being done to it. I can understand both PoV but I feel like a change is being forced upon my character that was not previously there so I am still upset. You (hopefully) saw the outrage over the April Fools' Draenei. That's how I feel they just did to the Night Elves - except it's not a joke.

I understand there's different opinions and views and I respect that, and don't expect them to be changed much to my disdain (ie: worgen), but in that same aspect I ask it be respected that I don't like them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    People cares a lot about their characters appereance a lot wich is why transmog is so successful, and a lot of those people have spent a lot of gold/time farming and creating sets that are more revealing
    Luckily my character doesn't have any transmog that's revealing. I guess it's moreso if the armor set ever arises where I do enjoy a midriff revealing armor, that I won't be able to use it because I don't like my character model.

I use the vision of Sargeras atm because I don't like the Night Elf's eyes - I can find ways to cover the body either way, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sadden me I don't see that part of my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    I am indeed. : P (I am trans*male though as an fyi) As a character I've played for ten years as of this new anniversary I am very nitpicky to what changes are being done to it. I can understand both PoV but I feel like a change is being forced upon my character that was not previously there so I am still upset. You (hopefully) saw the outrage over the April Fools' Draenei. That's how I feel they just did to the Night Elves - except it's not a joke.

I understand there's different opinions and views and I respect that, and don't expect them to be changed much to my disdain (ie: worgen), but in that same aspect I ask it be respected that I don't like them.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily my character doesn't have any transmog that's revealing. I guess it's moreso if the armor set ever arises where I do enjoy a midriff revealing armor, that I won't be able to use it because I don't like my character model.

I use the vision of Sargeras atm because I don't like the Night Elf's eyes - I can find ways to cover the body either way, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sadden me I don't see that part of my character.
    Personally I use Bonescyte recolor for my nelf monk that covers everything, but many robes and chest armors show the abs on female chars, that's going to look really...can't choose a proper word to describe it =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Personally I use Bonescyte recolor for my nelf monk that covers everything, but many robes and chest armors show the abs on female chars, that's going to look really...can't choose a proper word to describe it =P
    I use Rogue T8 + recolor of T6 on my night elf the most often, so luckily both of those hide everything.
    I also use T5 and T7 on my NElf priest so no belly there either.

Glad none of my fav sets are belly-exposing.

I don't actually think I like any belly-revealing armor..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    The new NE female models were meant to be an update, not a remake.

I just want to know why Blizzard decided to make them so drastically different to the originals.

Were Blizzard pressured by feminists?

Deleted
    Just ignore above post, please. This guy is definitely trolling now and I think he has much of fun doing this. I understand that someone doesn't like new model, everyone has different taste of beauty. But sill talking about this and about feminist is trolling or some butthurt. Or both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    Just ignore above post, please. This guy is definitely trolling now and I think he has much of fun doing this. I understand that someone doesn't like new model, everyone has different taste of beauty. But sill talking about this and about feminist is trolling or some butthurt. Or both.
    Feminists don't like women being "objectified" and turned into sex objects.

It's a serious question.

Is that why the old model was destroyed?

Yeah, please do. The discussions are good here till he shows up. Just put him on ignore. I dunno why he's not banned yet :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Criminey, no, I'd rather just keep the horrible anatomy if we're going to have a hardcore 6pack. I'd probably just outright race change at that rate and try to get over abandoning my friends on Alli side. It's way too defined. The anatomy of it looks better but I don't think I could handle playing it like that - even orc ladies would be less muscular then.

Light muscle is what I prefer the most.
    Such a weird and unflattering belly button... don't get why blizz changed -that- of all things in terms of design.
    Yeah, the belly button is a bit bizzarre. I don't suppose you still have that edit you did of the model kicking around-- I'm pretty sure it was you anyway? I've searched through all the night elf threads and I can't find it. I think the belly on that one was pretty good.

It's almost like some people think "feminist" is a dirty word or an insult. :P

Sig by Isilrien

Criminey, no, I'd rather just keep the horrible anatomy if we're going to have a hardcore 6pack. I'd probably just outright race change at that rate and try to get over abandoning my friends on Alli side. It's way too defined.
    It's lore friendly. Night elves eat fruit and vegetables with the occasional meat and train their whole life in anticipation for when duty calls.

It's not way too defined. It's how it should be.

The more I'm seeing it the more I'm starting to like it, smiley face and all. Can't wait for the final result!

If that's the case then I argue that the female Orc should be more on par with the male.
    And yet even she's (femorc) less muscular than what was shown on the previous page.

You want one muscular you make the other more muscular. Never in my life would I imagine a night elf to be beyond an orc in terms of muscle.
    The orc female has way more muscle where orcs naturally do- namely hands and legs. Look at the models and compare. The orc's much bulkier in those areas.

Night elves have sturdier abs because they run a lot and eat light.

Was it this one?

I feel like the abs -still- look funky on the edit but the belly button is better imo.
    If the definition was toned down on the legs and arms on the edit it would be better, but as the current model stands, the only thing that is out of place to me is the belly button. Everything else looks pretty spot on for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliden View Post
    If the definition was toned down on the legs and arms on the edit it would be better, but as the current model stands, the only thing that is out of place to me is the belly button. Everything else looks pretty spot on for the most part.
    The arms/legs don't bother me too much, but I can give it a re-boot after this LFR. I need to retouch the abs anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was it this one?

I feel like the abs -still- look funky on the edit but the belly button is better imo.
    That's the one! I like everything on it but the hips (I miss the old jutting hipbone/saddlebag look on the current new model). The abs there are a bit too soft, but even that I would be happy with. It's definitely better than a completely soft belly, like she's been sitting around in a palace all day eating chocolates.

Sig by Isilrien

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case then I argue that the female Orc should be more on par with the male.
    And yet even she's (femorc) less muscular than what was shown on the previous page.

You want one muscular you make the other more muscular. Never in my life would I imagine a night elf to be beyond an orc in terms of muscle.
    You have it backwards because you're confusing muscle tone with size. A six pack has more to do with less fat than it does large muscles. Stronger bulkier beings generally have more fat and less muscle definition than a quicker agile being with a good diet. Have you ever seen a weightlifting competition? They really have little muscle definition, and almost look out of shape in comparison to a body builder, swimmer, or runner. It makes sense that the night elf female has a clearer muscle definition, especially on the stomach. An Orc, even in really good shape should be bulkier but less toned because raw strength like that comes with a layer of fat over the muscle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exaelitus View Post
    You have it backwards because you're confusing muscle tone with size. A six pack has more to do with less fat than it does large muscles. Stronger bulkier beings generally have more fat and less muscle definition than a quicker agile being with a good diet. Have you ever seen a weightlifting competition? They really have little muscle definition, and almost look out of shape in comparison to a body builder, swimmer, or runner. It makes sense that the night elf female has a clearer muscle definition, especially on the stomach. An Orc, even in really good shape should be bulkier but less toned because raw strength like that comes with a layer of fat over the muscle.
    Bodybuilders are actually really weak, especially on show day. They starve and dehydrate themselves for better muscle definition. That's why their skin looks so thin and leathery.

Though I would actually be fine with making the female orc more muscular, then I think people would really cry about "she looks like a man!" :|

Sig by Isilrien

Try this updated edit on for size:

I don't see how people are talking about human anonymity when talking about a fictional non human race. Hell for all we know a Night Elf could have a smooth stomach and can still be very fit. With that said, the pics with her with lighter muscle tone works.