Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Finishing leveling alts, going to start gearing up my warlock in the hopes I can eventually manage to do Green Fire, roleplaying with guildies and friends, messing around, and... oh yeah, doing old raids. Recently did Dragon Soul for the first time (I couldn't be arsed when it was relevant).

Pet Battles, Mount collecting, Achievements, Raiding, PvP every now and then, Gold farming, Leveling Alts...Loads of stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I've had nothing to do in this game for over half a year now.
    Depends on what you like to do ingame.
    If you only enjoy raiding, you are probably bored by now. However, if you enjoy collecting stuff like pets, mounts, achievements etc. chances are that there's still quite a lot to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im levelling alts and achievement whoring,like a normal person,and no im not playing Shitestar either,or any other MMO,i play all sorts of other games after ive had my fill of WoW for the day so im doing ok with my account thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    I expected to get a veteran beta invite, didn't so I cut my sub off untill further notice.
    I unsubbed 3 months ago, I was in the first beta wave.

I note your signature says you are playing Wildstar OP.

I wonder how many subs they lost after the first free month. I'm venturing a guess at more than 800k! Thank goodness someone offered me a free week of that piece of donkey turd.

I'm not playing WoW a lot, but I go back to it enough that its worth maintaining a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think the question of the OP was, what is there still to do for you in the game? There has been no new content for almost a year. Even if you're not interested in other MMOs, there are other things to do with your time. I've had nothing to do in this game for over half a year now.
    Oh I will just repeate what many mentioned:

Alts leveling and gearing, finding and making Mog sets. Gold making is also keeping my in (good minigame it is). PvP on few characters.

I think the bored crowd is the part oriented strictly in raiding and I don't blame them, hell I would not touch WoW if I was just after raiding since like January.
    Mystery Goo, Magtheridon EU
    http://mystery-goo.eu/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Depends on what you like to do ingame.
    If you only enjoy raiding, you are probably bored by now. However, if you enjoy collecting stuff like pets, mounts, achievements etc. chances are that there's still quite a lot to get.
    I don't enjoy raiding the same bosses every week, I'm more of an altoholic and I have twenty level 90's. I don't care about pets or achievements and I have enough mounts. What I enjoy is doing the actual content. Doing quests, experiencing the zones and the story, doing dungeons and raids, and there's just nothing new of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Improstor View Post
    Oh I will just repeate what many mentioned:

Alts leveling and gearing, finding and making Mog sets. Gold making is also keeping my in (good minigame it is). PvP on few characters.

I think the bored crowd is the part oriented strictly in raiding and I don't blame them, hell I would not touch WoW if I was just after raiding since like January.
    Like I said, I leveled alts, a lot. I understand there are some things that keep people busy, like transmog, but transmog has been out for a while now, and doing old raids to get transmog gear to make a character look better gets old after a while. I don't really care that much about making a character look like he's wearing old tier 5 gear when I otherwise don't do anything with the character because there's nothing new to do.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-08-06 at 01:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Only 800k honestly ? what the hell are you playing!

Is there some secret part of the game I don't know about ?
    Are players just letting subs roll over till WOD ?

I'd really like to know why your still playing, or more important what your playing?
    Playing alts, doing achievements that we haven't done, getting transmog gear, mount runs. And best of all...BETA!

Unlike others, we aren't trying to punish Blizz, The 15 bucks we people that don't unsub pays them helps them make more content...yes, for all you people to play when you come back and resub....your welcome!

You do know they need money to continue right? Thats how business works.

Its sad though that some people think pulling their sub hurts Blizzard, no...it hurts us all!

"You want content...here, take it, it isn't finished, but you guys are impatient so here"

See how this works?

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Can you link your armory with SoO HM achievement please ?
    You do understand SoO HM is the same exact content at SoO LFR right?

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    You do understand SoO HM is the same exact content at SoO LFR right?
    Well with the added concepts of actually needing a proper guild to do it, different/more mechanics and different ways of going about clearing the content, more organised.

But yes, a lot of people are happy having seen it once. Those that simply do not care for further progression. Thing is, they usually have other interests in the game than raiding...I feel bad for those that don't, they must run out of stuff to do in a heartbeat.

Deleted
    13€ or 15$ a Month is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    [*]There's always the group of players that think they're going to be somehow rewarded by Blizzard if they never, ever cancel their subscription. [*]There's also a group of players that are obscenely and insanely slow with content. SoO could be out for 5 years and they'd still be "progressing." It takes you a few days to do an achievement like Loremaster. It takes them 7-8 years. Some people are just really, really, really slow.[*]There's another group of players that do nothing but level alts. You see these guys with the sigs here that have like 30 level 90 alts. Content is irrelevant to them. All they enjoy doing is repeating the same leveling process over and over.[*]You've got the people that are terrified of losing their raid spot in their horribly mediocre guild so they subject themselves to the torture of signing in one/two nights a week to run SoO for the 100th+ time. On the flip side of that, you've got the GMs that think their guild will fall apart if they tell their members to take a break for the summer, so they keep forcing everybody to sign in or lose their raid spots forever.[*]Most importantly there's that group of players for whom this game is literally their only source of social interation. They don't go outside. They've got no friends. They probably have no job. If they didn't have WoW and their guild they'd probably kill themselves. They're paying $15 a month for a glorified chat room.

That's pretty much it. Delusional players that think they're going to get a cookie from Blizzard if they stay subscribed for 10 years, the people that take 7 years to do 1 year worth of content, the alt-addicts, the people afraid of losing raid spots and the people for whom this game is their only social interaction at all in their life. That's pretty much the 6 million people that are left.[/LIST]

There's another group of players ... Players that still have FUN with the Game hard to understand i know

[*]There's always the group of players that think they're going to be somehow rewarded by Blizzard if they never, ever cancel their subscription. [*]There's also a group of players that are obscenely and insanely slow with content. SoO could be out for 5 years and they'd still be "progressing." It takes you a few days to do an achievement like Loremaster. It takes them 7-8 years. Some people are just really, really, really slow.[*]There's another group of players that do nothing but level alts. You see these guys with the sigs here that have like 30 level 90 alts. Content is irrelevant to them. All they enjoy doing is repeating the same leveling process over and over.[*]You've got the people that are terrified of losing their raid spot in their horribly mediocre guild so they subject themselves to the torture of signing in one/two nights a week to run SoO for the 100th+ time. On the flip side of that, you've got the GMs that think their guild will fall apart if they tell their members to take a break for the summer, so they keep forcing everybody to sign in or lose their raid spots forever.[*]Most importantly there's that group of players for whom this game is literally their only source of social interation. They don't go outside. They've got no friends. They probably have no job. If they didn't have WoW and their guild they'd probably kill themselves. They're paying $15 a month for a glorified chat room.

That's pretty much it. Delusional players that think they're going to get a cookie from Blizzard if they stay subscribed for 10 years, the people that take 7 years to do 1 year worth of content, the alt-addicts, the people afraid of losing raid spots and the people for whom this game is their only social interaction at all in their life. That's pretty much the 6 million people that are left.[/LIST]
    Well aren't you a bitter little cookie?

No, those are not the 6 million people left. I hope it irks you something fierce that many of us are actually playing because, *GASP*, we're having fun.

Your post is just a wall of bitter generalization, only you know why you have the need to make these assumptions.

Deleted
    PvP with friends, transmog runs, leveling some more alts. I'm still having fun, I guess that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Only 800k honestly ? what the hell are you playing!

Is there some secret part of the game I don't know about ?
    Are players just letting subs roll over till WOD ?

I'd really like to know why your still playing, or more important what your playing?
    It blows my mind. $180 or more bucks they will have paid out before WoD gets here and wont have gotten a single piece of new content to live.

That is the power of gamers and them not wanting to give up what they accomplished in game.

Hell, even if you come back to WOW at a later date, stop paying blizzard for them doing nothing but keeping the bare minimum.

You have to understand. When you see something say WoW's sub count is at (the current) 6.8 Million, That doesn't mean literally, in the way a lot of people think it does.

WoW "has" roughly 6.8 Million Subs, however, that is split between the U.S and EU along with Asia which doesn't even have the same sub system we do.

If you were looking at U.S or EU subs only, you are looking at a number closer to 2 - 2.5 Million subs and then that number divided by the amount of servers which varies.

It's actually a pretty interesting situation where you "technically" have the numbers but the way things are set up gives you no indication that that is the case. If you play on one of the low pop servers and then log into a game like Gw2 which has one big mega server, Gw2 is going to appear MUCH bigger than WoW in terms of population. Even though over all it's much smaller.

But then you have to question, what is more important? The game looking like its population is bigger than it really is? or the game having a "technically" bigger population but you may not be able to really see it?
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-08-06 at 02:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first time since starting to play the game back in BC that I took a couple months break from the game (it was definitely much need the game got really stale for me) to play some other games I had been wanting to play, but just did not give the amount of time the required to play thoroughly. That said, upon returning to the game I level a ghost shaman, (My first Alliance character to max since I started) it was nice to just level it, do nothing but quest all the way to the top. Sure some of the cross areas were about the same exact quest, but they felt fun and fresh after all this time. I also been finishing get the gear out of SoO on all my alts. Also been finishing up various reps that I did not finish on my alts over the course of the expansion. I am still not sure if I want to go back and get some of the achievement point tied to various dailies, I just got so burnt out doing all of them over 10 characters. That is pretty much it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    13€ or 15$ a Month is worth it

There's another group of players ... Players that still have FUN with the Game hard to understand i know
    Fun? Playing the same content I was playing 12 months ago? No thanks. Too many other games out there with fresh content for me to play to re-hash this stuff for 15-16 months. If I ever find myself in that boat where I have to tell myself I'm having fun doing the same thing in-game for a year I'm going to pool my $15 a month and go see a shrink.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2014-08-06 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It blows my mind. $180 or more bucks they will have paid out before WoD gets here and wont have gotten a single piece of new content to live.

That is the power of gamers and them not wanting to give up what they accomplished in game.

Hell, even if you come back to WOW at a later date, stop paying blizzard for them doing nothing but keeping the bare minimum.
    Ain't no such thing as giving up. People unsubbing because they see no reason for playing won't lose their "accomplishments".

And believe it or not, some people don't just care about new new new all the time. A lot of people don't gulp up a small part of the content just to get bored and move on. They sample many areas of content and take their time doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun? Playing the same content I was playing 12 months ago? No thanks. Too many other games out there with fresh content for me to play to re-hash this stuff for 15-16 months. If I ever find myself in that boat when I have to tell myself I'm having fun doing the same thing in-game for a year I'm going to pool my $15 a month and go see a shrink.
    Maybe you should learn that your way of doing something ain't necessarily shared by everyone else. People tend to be very good at figuring out what they like for themselves. With your way of playing it might be a case of doing the same thing over and over. For others, it's not. Simple as that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You have to understand. When you see something say WoW's sub count is at (the current) 6.8 Million, That doesn't mean literally, in the way a lot of people think it does.

WoW has roughly 6.8 Subs, however, that is split between the U.S and EU along with Asia which doesn't even have the same sub system we do.

If you were looking at U.S or EU subs only, you are looking at a number closer to 2 - 2.5 Million subs and then that number divided by the amount of servers which varies.

Yea, I have not been on a sub since the Annual Pass went way, been doing 90-180 day game cards since it went away. So these numbers really don't mean much.