Deleted
    Awwww that video in the petflow blog post is beyond cute xD There is a "event" in Sweden when they let the cows out the first time after the winter, dem happy cows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nph5W60cefs#t=104

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I saw the video that Eidal linked, it looks like the guy had his camera zoomed all the way in and the camera position pushed all to the right side. Dunno if somehow his game reset the camera or he did it on purpose to make his Worst Patch EvER vid, but it could be something reset on yours?
    Well he was just complaining about the new lowbie leveling system as most of us negative nancys are at the moment
    I do belive that the dodge tutorial for example is a good thing since it's still a new'ish function in mmos.

But I really dislike the dumbing down on basic functions/features what ever you want to call them - it makes me scared that the trend will continue on in higher lvls. I know that they have sticked to their guns on harder encounters like Liadri, the two a bit more challenging fights in LS and even the clocktower. I'm just hoping that won’t change at least -.-

And whats going on with the new mini system..? I logged on late last night (way past prime time) first to gendarran fields "mini pets have been disabled due to rising player population.” Ported to Metrica province and got the same message. Another feature I really enjoy "Your minis wont disappear but you wont be able to see them anyways, yay" And it is working as intended according to the devs on the official forum (they are working to improve it somewhere in the future ofc!) ... Err ok then
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-09-11 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    And whats going on with the new mini system..? I logged on late last night (way past prime time) first to gendarran fields "mini pets have been disabled due to rising player population.” Ported to Metrica province and got the same message. Another feature I really enjoy "Your minis wont disappear but you wont be able to see them anyways, yay" And it is working as intended according to the devs on the official forum (they are working to improve it somewhere in the future ofc!) ... Err ok then
    Hahahahaha. Oh, that's delicious! They make it convenient to use minis, then start disabling them cos...players are using minis on the Megaserver maps and it's causing too much resource load.

I really really think they should as a bare minimum implement a "veteran" or "vanilla character progression" or whateveryouwannacallit switch in the gameplay options to revert at least the character progression locks for experienced players.

Stuff like unlocking off-hand abilities straight on, 7-10 slot skills and the ability to change them, nodes, skill unlocking etc.. The new player experience is really disappointing for people already in the game. It wouldn't take that much time I recon and would go a long way to please existing players while still keeping their target design for new players.

Now it just feels way too restricted and that's contrary to what GW2 was supposed to be about.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's horrible. I don't imagined that there must be a very large portion of morons on this planet who needs this... they insulting my hobby.... -.-
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

I'm confused by several of this decisions, too.
    GW2 hasn't become unplayable, but it sure kills a lot of fun. I mean, I must even unlock diving goggles? Really? -.-
    Have planned to play my norn ranger; she's only lv5 so far. Guess I will play her a bit more on the weekend, but so far this new system really... sucks. =/

Dulfy posted pics of the Hellfire/Radiant Chest and Legs as well as new Pinnacle Weapon Skins. Personally I'm wondering if the Pinnacle Weapons tie into Kralkatorrik and where we might be going soon. Also thinking the completed Hellfire sets look a lot better than the Radiant ones.

I don't plan on leveling a new character before they make some changes to the current system.

Meanwhile I am enjoying my uber good Ranger for once.
    Hi

It looks like they changed the camera level depending on character height, instead of having it fixed for everyone so now my Asura can't watch as high as it used to.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post

Well they did roll out some pretty significant changes to the server infrastructure with this patch, and need to make sure it's all running smoothly on live. First things first and all.

I have noticed they never get disabled in cities, maybe related to how many events are running on a map? Haven't seen them get disabled in WvW or EotM either, even in massive battles, but there may not be as many players using their minis there since they can be a "tell" to which way you are heading.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Dulfy posted pics of the Hellfire/Radiant Chest and Legs as well as new Pinnacle Weapon Skins. Personally I'm wondering if the Pinnacle Weapons tie into Kralkatorrik and where we might be going soon. Also thinking the completed Hellfire sets look a lot better than the Radiant ones.
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Male light armor full set is better then the female cause we get a nifty BOOK strapped around our waist!

IT'S HAPPENING.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Well they did roll out some pretty significant changes to the server infrastructure with this patch, and need to make sure it's all running smoothly on live. First things first and all.
    ....Really?

Maybe they should see that the serves are working as intended before announcing the mini feature to their customers then? Or I don't know, announce that they need to see that the servers are working before introducing the mini feature in certain areas? First things first and all

Currently on forums: While this is currently working as intended, it’s definitely something that we’ll be working on and tweaking in the future. We want you to be able to enjoy your minis so hang in there!"
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../2#post4392943

When it was announced:"Below the inventory list, you’ll see a grid of unlocked minis from your account. Account-unlocked minis can be equipped and swapped as part of your character by left-clicking them. Once equipped, there is a show/hide check box that summons and hides your currently equipped miniature. When shown, minis will appear next to you in every map you travel to with no further work necessary to deploy them."
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/m...ount-wardrobe/
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-09-11 at 01:53 PM.

I REALLY don't like the changes to learning weapon skills. Now you start out with the first skill at level one, then the next is unlocked at level 2, and the next at lvl 3 and so on. That part isn't that bad, but you aren't just unlocking the slot skills for the weapons you have equiped, you're unlocking them for ALL weapons which is just sad imo. I liked that if you switched to a weapon you hadn't used before you had to unlock each skill individually. It seemed more organic and, at least for me, let me look at each skill as a learned them instead of being all "ALL THESE BUTTONS HIT THEM".

I agree, Arlee. I don't see why they changed the way weapon skills unlock at all. It's not like it took much to unlock alternate weapons if you didn't unlock them early on, and before you could (and did) unlock weapon skills a lot faster than you do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I thought the increased rate to unlock them based on your level was adequate. It essentially unlocked on every kill at that point. Seems about right to learn a new ability each mob.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I REALLY don't like the changes to learning weapon skills. Now you start out with the first skill at level one, then the next is unlocked at level 2, and the next at lvl 3 and so on. That part isn't that bad, but you aren't just unlocking the slot skills for the weapons you have equiped, you're unlocking them for ALL weapons which is just sad imo. I liked that if you switched to a weapon you hadn't used before you had to unlock each skill individually. It seemed more organic and, at least for me, let me look at each skill as a learned them instead of being all "ALL THESE BUTTONS HIT THEM".
    Completely agree, if anything it makes it more confusing for a new player!
    Really disliking the feel of these changes (regarding the new player experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yup. Inconsistent logic. You make all these archaic changes so as to not overwhelm new players and then you do something like unlocking skillbars all at once, which would (I assume) overwhelm these same people.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Yup. Inconsistent logic. You make all these archaic changes so as to not overwhelm new players and then you do something like unlocking skillbars all at once, which would (I assume) overwhelm these same people.
    I don't think so from the guy I ran to 10, you barely get any access to weapons before getting most of your slots open.

WHat IS a bit odd is adding all this level based stuff, then increasing leveling speed...

They have basically made 1-10 (if not higher) an extended dumbed down tutorial. Luckily I have a few more 20 level boosts to skip the shit straight off, and probably won't be getting anymore character slots anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

Random complaint, new backpacks are ascended with an infusion slot (make sure you make the one with the right infusion slot, offensive or defensive are different recipes), but are level 78! So you can pick your stats, but not use level 80 upgrades...

Random bit of information, through saturday the 13th Target has a "buy one, get another for 25% off" on game cards, including gem cards. For you key addicts, it'd be 4000 gems for $43.75 instead of $50. (or you could get a steam card of whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Random complaint, new backpacks are ascended with an infusion slot (make sure you make the one with the right infusion slot, offensive or defensive are different recipes), but are level 78! So you can pick your stats, but not use level 80 upgrades...
    But their base stats are better than the 80 exotics, so even if you can't use the 80 upgrade, you actually come out ahead with the lvl 65 upgrade slotted, and even moreso with an infusion stuck in there.

And if you make the Leatherworking one it's cheap as fuck. I cranked out seven of them last night for my various chars. Who cares what it looks like, cos I'll skin over/hide it as desired.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    But their base stats are better than the 80 exotics, so even if you can't use the 80 upgrade, you actually come out ahead with the lvl 65 upgrade slotted, and even moreso with an infusion stuck in there.
    Yeah, half my alts have green backpacks, so I'm not worried a whole lot, but it's still dumb IMO.

And if you make the Leatherworking one it's cheap as fuck. I cranked out seven of them last night for my various chars. Who cares what it looks like, cos I'll skin over/hide it as desired.
    I made a jeweler, tailor, armorsmithing one so far, but doubt I'll make them all anyway.

It is also dumb to me that the jeweler uses bronze/iron/steel/darksteel rather than say, copper/silver/gold/platinum. They can't even make the bars they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It is also dumb to me that the jeweler uses bronze/iron/steel/darksteel rather than say, copper/silver/gold/platinum. They can't even make the bars they need.
    I have to agree that's pretty stupid. Goes completely against the idea of it being a PROFESSION backpack. And it's not like 'ohh, but then no one would craft the others cos that's cheaper' cos...HELLO. LEATHERWORKING. The only thing that even BEGINS to cost money for that is the Rugged Leather and Ecto. Everything else is cheap as free.