Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    ummm how do you git rid of something, and get rid of the lack of said thing
    I imagine if you could prove all forms of religion a myth, and to believe in a god would be an uneducated decision (as its non exsistant and proven so) then there wouldn't be a need for to be an atheist?

It wouldn't be a case of whether you believed or didn't believe - It would just be a fact. Are there words to describe believing and disbelieving facts?

Just trying to make sense of what video games said..

Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha. "We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian." -Hitler Mein Kampf 1928.
    Allow me to refer you to the glorious period of enlightenment and harmony in society when religion ruled the world, it was so wonderful we called it the....dark...ages.........oh....

Not to mention the Inquisition...Salem witch hunts...purges..etc...

Basically..whenever religious people get authority without question, bad things happen

Deleted
    Still loving that people support the oppression of religious individuals.

Gotta love Freedom amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I imagine if you could prove all forms of religion a myth, and to believe in a god would be an uneducated decision (as its non exsistant and proven so) then there wouldn't be a need for to be an atheist?

It wouldn't be a case of whether you believed or didn't believe - It would just be a fact. Are there words to describe believing and disbelieving facts?

Just trying to make sense of what video games said..
    true, there is no such word for not believing in astrology and i have never herd of a abigfootist

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    So, it's a few days old news, but I haven't seen a slightest mention of it on my countries' news portals, and I'm not even hoping it would be mention on TV, which is why I only heard about it today.

China banned all religion-related activities in Xinjiang region, which is inhabited mainly by muslims. Starting from January 1, citizens will not be allowed to, for example, perform their prayers on any property owned by the state - which means mainly the streets and government offices, I suppose.

More details here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/45339051.cms

Your thoughts? My opinion is pretty much this - serves them right. I wish EU governments had enough balls to do anything remotely similar to Chinese, instead of patting the muslims on their heads and putting up with their constant shit.

I don't mean to spark a flamewar here, so please, keep it civil.
    Don't care about Muslims.
    If they don't like it they can go to a place where their religion is allowed.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Allow me to refer you to the glorious period of enlightenment and harmony in society when religion ruled the world, it was so wonderful we called it the....dark...ages.........oh....

Not to mention the Inquisition...Salem witch hunts...purges..etc...

Basically..whenever religious people get authority without question, bad things happen
    It was only called the dark ages in Europe. It was absolutely not the dark ages outside of Europe - especially not in the middle-east. And besides, religion was still strong all around the world before, and after, that time period.

Also this:
    However, many modern scholars who study the era tend to avoid the term altogether for its negative connotations, finding it misleading and inaccurate for any part of the Middle Ages.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-12-04 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    I even found it for you!
    Wow, you're no that bright are you. I meant "Hate of Jews" And the religion of "Christianity" as in the religion Hitler was associated with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, FOX news is a good source of information but everyone has their flaws so they can have some "yellow" material from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Something MAC-adress something
    I dont even use a Mac.. I use a PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post

Idk about them But I'd rather have my whacky neighbors just stay whacky than have them turn extremist due to real oppression. An annoying neighbor is always better than a terrorist neighbor who is fighting for a cause that seems just.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Wow, you're no that bright are you. I meant "Hate of Jews" And the religion of "Christianity" as in the religion Hitler was associated with.
    I'm no that bright huh? Well perhaps you should learn to english. Because what you're saying still doesn't make any sense, at least in a way that helps you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

I don't get it. Are you under the impression that everybody in this thread would normally argue for unconditional freedom? Or is it just easier to dismiss opposing arguments by pretending that everyone draws their own arbitrary self-suiting line in the sand?

Deleted
    Except Hitler never was in any meaningful way. His agenda was primarily based on Eugenics, insanity, and existing hatred of ethnic groups going back hundreds of years.

You're clutching at straws and looking like a jackass while doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Don't care about Muslims.
    If they don't like it they can go to a place where their religion is allowed.
    So Sweden then?

Uh-Oh!

Deleted
    The only freedom you have is the one you can enforce.

Or as somebody smarter than me said: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Idk about them But I'd rather have my whacky neighbors just stay whacky than have them turn extremist due to real oppression. An annoying neighbor is always better than a terrorist neighbor who is fighting for a cause that seems just.
    Why can't we be like this guy, seriously... You want a religious war? Give them a reason to have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaskra View Post
    I don't get it. Are you under the impression that everybody in this thread would normally argue for unconditional freedom? Or is it just easier to dismiss opposing arguments by pretending that everyone draws their own arbitrary self-suiting line in the sand?
    There are people in this thread asking for the banning of religion entirely. People who enjoy the freedoms offered by tolerance and acceptance.

If hypocrisy had a home it'd be this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Can you bring up a single person that believes in any of the known "deitys" without being told about them?
    Yes. You don't have to be a religious person or receive religions education to at one point in life adopt the notion that a superior entity exists out there somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Yes. You don't have to be a religious person or receive religions education to at one point in life adopt the notion that a superior entity exists out there somewhere.
    So show me.

Psst just watch the hypocrites in their natural habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    So show me.
    He's scared of science so he can't
    Nah, FOX news is a good source of information but everyone has their flaws so they can have some "yellow" material from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Something MAC-adress something
    I dont even use a Mac.. I use a PC.