Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Mage Twins Guide

This is just a quick little video to those frost mages who are still working on their artifact challenge:

Best of luck everyone!
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

idk if im doing something wrong or its just that i need more gear i mean: my current gear is this - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%AElf/advanced i've lowered him to 20% a lot of times but or i run out of adds, or i dont kill the hands fast enough im not dying because of runes or adds, and my dps average is 1.40m but when he reaches around that % karam get like 9-10 stacks and he becomes unkiteable im running the same talents as you do and i'm using the speed boost food to kite the adds save enough to do the more dps as possible on raest, any adviece would be apreciated since you reach p3 a lot better on dps than me (since i reach it when he's around 60-70%)

I noticed you have the time warp ring, make sure you use drums and then time warp in phase 3/4 to try and get ahead of the damage, that is something that made the fight much more manageable.

Also with regards to the food, I still think going for pure DPS everything is the way to go, when when I was moving around I was almost always doing 'optimal' dps simply due to the insane number of FoF I had.

When Karam is attack-able for the 3rd time what HP is he @ in relation to Raest? If Karam is much lower for it might be worth doing it the way it was 'intended' as kill the warrior first as once he is dead the fight becomes much easier.

Also I never had issues with not killing the hands fast enough, but that might be just a gear issue for you, for reference I had ilvl 910 when I killed it which is almost 7k more int. That makes a huge difference.

Either way, best of luck mate.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    idk if im doing something wrong or its just that i need more gear i mean: my current gear is this - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%AElf/advanced i've lowered him to 20% a lot of times but or i run out of adds, or i dont kill the hands fast enough im not dying because of runes or adds, and my dps average is 1.40m but when he reaches around that % karam get like 9-10 stacks and he becomes unkiteable im running the same talents as you do and i'm using the speed boost food to kite the adds save enough to do the more dps as possible on raest, any adviece would be apreciated since you reach p3 a lot better on dps than me (since i reach it when he's around 60-70%)
    If you're lucky (unlucky?) enough to have the Ice Time legendary - you can really just disregard Karam in the final phase and he rarely gets out of a frost nova!

I ran with pet for the runes, and extra novas and you generally want to minimise how much AoE you do to the adds so you don't run out of them... but can still keep Blizzard up all the time... so no splitting ice, and no AoE trinkets.

I had a pretty close call on mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMe3RR90gcM&t=16s but you can see I was pretty much able to ignore Karam regardless of stacks in the final phase.

edit: 902 item level
    Last edited by mmocfe9f45c1f2; 2017-04-15 at 10:27 AM.

I completed this at 901 ilvl last night. I had the TW ring and Gloves epuipped. As another person mentioned dont use TW off the bat and have drums so that you can lust twice.

Way i did it was i just burned him down with no CDS at the start. As soon as Raest is targetable pop IV and go HAM keeping blizzard right on top of him and the BF/IL procs will be non stop. I got him down to 65% before i started phase 2. When i was kiting again IV never expired and what was key for me on my kill attempt was i went into the 2nd Raest burn phase with no hand up so i was able to pop timewarp and my second pot and focus 100% on Raest with zero down time. IV was still not expired as well it was litterly just a non stop IL spam. Entering phase 3 when both were active Raest was at 25ish% and i just focuses 100% on him. I would interupt the hand and then iceblock the second cast. Raest was dead by the 3rd one.

Quote Originally Posted by benvr4 View Post
    I completed this at 901 ilvl last night. I had the TW ring and Gloves epuipped. As another person mentioned dont use TW off the bat and have drums so that you can lust twice.
    I used the double lust after phase one as well. Regardless of people's legendaries I would save lust for raest and not use it @ the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it yesterday and took 5 tries. 907. Had prydaz and sephuz. Both were amazing. Don't hero until p4 when they all come out, Save cold snap for an absolute necessity. Kill the big shit chasing you. Once he's dead, it's a snooze fest. Just focus on always having blizzard up and frozen orb uptime. You do that and it's easy to circle kite whilst soaking runes and killing hands.

Prydaz made it easy with not having to refresh barrier and sephuz was amazing for getting that speed you need in a tight spot. Oh and. Bear tartare, absolute need. Get the repetition down and it becomes a very easy encounter. Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iannesa/simple

Did it this morning after a total of 30 wipes. using the gear you see equipped on the armory (equipped 895 ilvl, magtheridon+shard legendaries). Due to Shard of Exodar, I was using drums on pull just to make it into P2 and then TW at P4.
    I had a tough time on some of the DPS requirements of this challenge due to my low gear.
    Most of the wipes was me ignoring a mechanic or pure RNG screwing me over (rune in the dead middle of the fiends). I feel like I was really lucky on the kill.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    I noticed you have the time warp ring, make sure you use drums and then time warp in phase 3/4 to try and get ahead of the damage, that is something that made the fight much more manageable.
    I'm not a scientist, but if you have the ring, couldn't you TW -> drums -> TW at the end? It's a bit over 5 minutes for me, and the CD on TW should be up by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    I'm not a scientist, but if you have the ring, couldn't you TW -> drums -> TW at the end? It's a bit over 5 minutes for me, and the CD on TW should be up by then.
    The fight was 3:43 for me, however, if you were to do the "kill karem" strat I imagine you would be able to cast time warp twice with the ring
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2017-04-15 at 09:23 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've done it with 902 equipped, Shard/Belovir legendaries and Bear Tartare. Freezing Rain trait makes this fight so much more manageable.

My strategy was basically pop all CDs at start (minus TW), then on the second Karam phase use all CDs, including TW, to keep hands under control and get Karam into the final phase as fast as possible. Once he came up for the third time, I used drums and dps pot to bring him down. After that, Raest is a snooze fest. I think I got a bit lucky on my kill, with hands spawning relatively close to my position and runes were also well positioned. Took me around 15 tries in total. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    This is just a quick little video to those frost mages who are still working on their artifact challenge:

Best of luck everyone!
    I think it'd be best to mention you're ilvl 915 with legendary bracers and ring, thus overgearing the encounter quite a bit.

Just kill the Caster. When she dies the challenge is over. You dont need to Kill the Melee who is chasing you. Instant Blizzard when frozen orb is up is very great here.

Just completed this last night after 21 tries. To give some context, I'm a 10/10 mythic raider and my mage is my main alt. Last night was the first night I've played frost. Spent about 2 hours researching and learning frost before attempting this. I used shard of exodar and belovirs for the kill. 901 ilvl equipped.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llow/Deemdeem/

There's my armory link. I didn't use the belt since adds died too fast using it. 42 traits in frost.

I lusted the pull and killed him during my first icy veins for first phase. Second phase and third phase were all about staying on top of killing hands. I tried to always have 2 fof stacks for them and had a targeting macro to instantly swap to them. Last phase was the hardest. I made sure to use drums with icy veins here and then second lust after drums. Once the dude was dead it was easy mode. I also made sure I had cold snap up for when the little adds were dead so I had another cone of cold and frost Nova since kiting got sketchy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I think it'd be best to mention you're ilvl 915 with legendary bracers and ring, thus overgearing the encounter quite a bit.
    For a start I am 912, my armory is in the thread and Ion said in one of the streams "you can't over gear it"

These are hard fights and obviously gear is important but I don't think that people who are in 880 relinquished gear can reasonably think they have a shot of this.

What kind of damage are people able to do in phase 1? I can barely make it to phase 2 with ilvl 893.

Like 800k-1m depending on procs and how long icy veins stays up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemerbob View Post
    Like 800k-1m depending on procs and how long icy veins stays up.
    For the whole attempt or just phase 1?

Just p1. Dps goes up in p2/3 because of blizzard on adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemerbob View Post
    Just p1. Dps goes up in p2/3 because of blizzard on adds.
    That explains it. I am doing between 600-700K on phase 1. I need a lot of work it would seem.