Why is the fire mage T21 tier bonus so garbage?

So I just got the T21 4set and when I simmed them they are actually a 5% dps loss compared to my T20 set even though the T21 set obtained is 15 ilevels higher than my T20 across. Seriously wtf? Is this really intended? What's the point of a new set when they sim lower than the previous tier set even with much higher primary stats? This is just bad design on Blizz's part. Using the kindling talent is also a dps loss compared to meteor with T21 equipped. The T21 combustion bonus will remain useless if they do not buff it drastically.

7+ Year Old Account
    What relics do you have? Pre ignited works really well with t21.

Deleted
    Didn't the stat prio with the new set changed alot? Away from mastery, back to a crit heavy build again? Stat prio > iLvl. Not sure, I dont play fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Mostly pyroblast and ignite relics sadly.. But those are best relics out there..

Deleted
    The stats you need and the talents change if you have the t21 4-set. The gearing and talent comp of t20 doesn't apply to t21 so simming lower is not surprising.
    Crit becomes the best stat for you again by far. Firestarter talent gone, Rune of Power and Kindling back again as your damage will be based on Combustions and not on the set induced crit chains.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sempronia View Post
    The stats you need and the talents change if you have the t21 4-set. The gearing and talent comp of t20 doesn't apply to t21 so simming lower is not surprising.
    Crit becomes the best stat for you again by far. Firestarter talent gone, Rune of Power and Kindling back again as your damage will be based on Combustions and not on the set induced crit chains.
    This. Also, I'm guessing that the relics we want now are the combustion time increase, as previously stated. Regardless, OP shouldn't be doing less damage.

also, I believe the priority is now Crit>Mastery. Correct me if I'm wrong
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Pyro bracers + Gloves for legendaries then?

Sunking + Pyrotex stacking heavy crit, using Rop with 4pc t21 im simming at 1.65m dps. Thats ST/patchwerk. add adds, and the value of the gloves goes up more. Im rather enjoying the current build.

The thing is i'm simming higher with rop/firestarter with t20 than with rop/kindling t21. The t21 is definitely underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The thing is i'm simming higher with rop/firestarter with t20 than with rop/kindling t21. The t21 is definitely underpowered.
    This is being discussed on alter time and yes t21 is crap for fire and shouldn't be used until you get very high ilvl pieces, another slap in the face of fire mages by blizz
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I thought the 4pc didn't scale with the duration of combustion and was set at 14 seconds

Meteor actually sims higher than kindling even with t21 4pc.

Fire has become a gearing nightmare
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    I thought the 4pc didn't scale with the duration of combustion and was set at 14 seconds
    From what I'm experiencing, it does scale. When I pop Combustion, both Combustion and the Tier 21 set buff are set to the same time (16 seconds), though the tooltip on the armor still doesn't change.

Yea the tooltip change has been data mined now. On front page.

Honestly, none of the mage specs are in a great spot right now. All of the specs are mediocre to poor depending on the boss. Arcane is flattering to deceive by producing a lot of "padding" numbers on very trash heavy bosses like Eonar, but even then it's not utterly dominant on those fights.

Look at WCL for mythic Worldbreaker or Felhounds at the 75th percentile and mages literally make up 3 out of the bottom 5 DPS specs. Even on fights like Kin'garoth, where frost can splitting ice cleave for much of the fight, it barely breaks middle of the pack.

It seems likely we'll be seeing buffs for all specs quite soon based on current data. Mages look behind on far too many bosses.

Hi all, im a soft player (AKA: DUMB).

Do 3 pre-ignited relics stack the bonus to combustion?

Ty all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhur View Post
    Hi all, im a soft player (AKA: DUMB).

Do 3 pre-ignited relics stack the bonus to combustion?

Ty all.
    Ofc they do
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©