Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Just bring back the old gearing system with honor and conquest points to purchase items... It worked fine and it was well structured.
    Yes. The PvP gearing system of WotLK was more fun and more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpunkz View Post
    there is no goal to achieve. There is no purpose. You only do it for the "joy" it brings you.
    are you fucking kidding me? When you have sex do you complain that it only makes you "feel" good and gives you nothing afterwards?

You play video games for joy dude. They're not your second life. It's why they're called GAMES and not SECOND JOB.

And spare me the passive aggressive "it's almost as if people play games for different reasons" bullshit. Your premise makes no sense whatsoever and I cannot believe you are even real for asking that.

I was super excited for the templates and honor system when Legion was announced, but after pvping for a bit at launch, I haven't touched it. Without a dedicated, regular group to play with, pvp is just a frustrating mess with no goal in sight now. Even something as simple as multiple tiers of "pvp" gear that are purchasable with tokens or even gold, but locked behind seasonal unrated wins, prestige levels, or whatever would be enough to make the misery of casual worth it.

For me though, the nail in the coffin was hitting prestige level 1, going to the Undercity, being cheered on by a bunch of Horde leaders and NPCs I cared little about, and then seeing Thrall standing off in the background just glaring at me disapprovingly. As a lifelong Horde player, that wounded me.

Makes me wish I could just queue for duels. Filter by connection, strength, vote for rematches... basic fighter game options.

Biggest problem with PVP from Blizzards' POV - it's way too "easy", i.e. rewards can't be properly gated behind it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove all the damn PvP World quests so that the only way to get Prestige would be in BGS.

I gave up on prestige farm cause of my hate of those WQs, which sadly is 100 times faster than doing actual pvp content.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't know if "rewards" is the solution for my problem. Maybe just "rewarding"

Let me try and explain my problem:
    I love doing Random Battlegrounds. It brings me joy.
    But sometimes i ask myself before queuing for a BG..."why am i doing this?"
    There is no goal to achieve. There is no purpose. You only do it for the "joy" it brings you.

Why do i buy 50 Honor potions to have an advantage on the battlefield? Why do i take it so seriously?

The solution i found was to make small Youtube PvP Videos.
    Because this way my actions had a meaning and an objective...but it was all just a temporary hype. Eventually i got bored (i dont have much editing skills anyway)

So my question to you is if you feel the same as me. "The lack of a purpose to do Battlegrounds"

Possible solutions:
    -If by doing Randoom BG's you would get the best gear possible for World PvP, there would be a purpose for doing them. (at least for a while)
    Maybe bring resilence back and "gear farm". (i think BfA will have again PvP gear farm but i think there is no resilence)

But this is just a "temporary" solution. You quickly lose pupose again when you farm the entire gear.
    Can anyone think of possible solutions for this proplem on the long run?
    If you think this is a problem at all.
    The motivation for me to do PvP, is the AV reputation now (I queue only for it). After that, there will be no more reputation to do (I'm at 90 atm).

I'll do some archeology and pet battle stuff before new expansion, and maybe I'll start to farm prestige (I have no idea which is the best way to do it, but so far it seems to be extremely slow to progress).

That's my motivation. But rewards for me would be a token system again for current sets to buy and remove RNG from getting PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    The biggest reason why world pvp in has always been garbage is because there is zero risk and zero reward, making it completely mundane. Oh I died, oh well I lost nothing, who gives a shit? Oh I killed a guy, what do I get? Nothing. Yay. Fun.

Nothing to lose = 0 on the adrenaline rush scale.

Its a good pve game and back in the day inter-server BG competition between top guilds was great. Otherwise I have nothing positive to say about pvp in wow.
    Well they're changing that in BFA, making it so that if you go out to quest with PvP tagged, you get more rewards (experience, gold, resources w/e).

Deleted
    Personally never had a problem with how PvP gear was in the past, the current iteration of the reinvented wheel does feel worse to me. I don't like the random boxes and I'm not a huge fan of the templates, I'm okay with PvP talents. Maybe I'm alone but going into a BG with that new weapon felt really damn good, being the guy that got smacked on with no gear didn't feel good, but there was a lot of progression to be had. Trying to make everything in the game feel as good for everybody as possible starts to make the whole thing a bit watered down, I think it's fine to have parts of the game that are frustrating and have to be overcome to get the reward on the other side. As an altoholic, I went through the process of getting annihilated with bad gear more than most people, but it never really bothered me that much because getting the gear felt really good, so I wanted to continue.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but my first experience of PvP was a level 12 warrior with a couple of greens in Warsong Gulch, I got absolutely demolished by the twinks the entire game, but you know what? I still remember the first killing blow I landed on a hunter, with the help of a few other people. I loved it. I didn't go straight back, but I made a rogue, ran some deadmines, got budget gear and enchants, then PvP'd at 19 for a couple of weeks before levelling up and doing the same at 29, 39 and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    I liked PvP system in WoD. Vendor for honor/conquest, item scaling when in or out PvP. Hey Blizz please bring it back!

ps. I didnt like Ashran.
    They said on the Q&A that PvP Vendors will come back in BfA but there will still be templates.

Its strange but im excited for it.
    Basically you can bring "full crit" gear and the stats will come with you to the BG...but there are still templates somehow.

Maybe you can bring crit gear but it wont pass a cap or something. I dont know, is hard to understand.

I always wished you got more for drawing out a fight and actually having a battle. The IoC and Alterac "ERMERGERD WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING THE ENEMY!?!" shit is really fucking stupid to me.

I felt like the scaling PvP gear you could get in WoD was a pretty good solution.
    I`ve more or less dropped PvP in WoW because there`s no gear that i can reliably aquire from it,
    and that felt as if i progressed in terms of gearing up through regularly taking part in that activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Its a temporary solution yes. But again, everything in WoW is temporary anyway.
    The bonus would be if that gear would be optimal for "World PvP".
    But for that to happen resilence must come back...and i dont see it happeneing.-
    PvP Power and PvP Resilience worked amazingly well, why did they ever get rid of them.

Now that I think of it imo most designs, class, ability, raid, all design really peaked in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    PvP Power and PvP Resilience worked amazingly well, why did they ever get rid of them.

Now that I think of it imo most designs, class, ability, raid, all design really peaked in MoP.
    MoP was one of the shittiest times for pvp aside from one season in terms of balance.

However it still had higher participation, probably due to the way pvp worked. Gearing for pvp was so much more fun, it felt good to finally be fully decked out in all epics. Now you get gear through RNG lootboxes and templates are barely even balanced, they’re just boring.

BfA might be fixing this issue. If you can choose how to gear for pvp in BfA like going for a crit build or a haste build that will bring back a lot of what made pvp fun which was Choice. I could see this being much better than how it currently is.

Many of the top pvpers who stream have repeatedly said not being able to reliably gear in pvp or gear not meaning anything in pvp is terrible. People in this thread seem to agree. There’s no choice and no way for you to improve your stats. In BfA this changes though so you can go for a crit build or a mastery build or whatever build you want which sounds amazing. Will need to see how it plays out.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-02-15 at 09:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've never felt the need for any reward when PvP-ing, of course with the exception of winning. Compared to the time I spent in FPSs, I've barely spent anytime PvPing in WoW but I did actually PvP quite a bit during TBC and Wrath. Those FPSs didn't provide any rewards, didn't need to, for me to enjoy the hell out of them. I still miss CS.... best FPS ever.

Having said that, I did enjoy the gearing up phases (rewards) during TBC and Wrath. After Wrath I hardly PvP'd at all, not in a meaningful way.

You can slap on another grind for PvP rewards, but I think it'll have bad reprecussions. In TBC, the PvP rewards were significant enough that people would go AFK in Alterac Valley, ruining the experience for other players.

Dev for NEO Impossible Bosses, an RTS-MOBA Raidboss rush game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddengster View Post
    You can slap on another grind for PvP rewards, but I think it'll have bad reprecussions. In TBC, the PvP rewards were significant enough that people would go AFK in Alterac Valley, ruining the experience for other players.
    Yeah, another person reminded me of that point. Its an interesting point to make.
    If its too rewarding many people will do it, not for the love of it but because they want the rewards.
    So basically they will be there for the wrong reasons.
    But thats life man, there will always be the stupid people. That goes for all things.

Here is the quote of that person

I'd rather have fewer people doing random battlegrounds but doing them because they want to than mainly-PvE players saying "lose quick" because they want to "try again" until they come across an easy game to get their daily essence, azerite, marks of the AFKer or whatever it is we're having next.

You want incentives? Great, I'm all in for vendors over random boxes, but encourage people to play. Give currency bonus for points, flags, reinforcements, etc, so when people are in WSG losing 0-2 with 7 minutes left instead of spamming "lose quick" they at least try to score once, and maybe when they're 1-2 they think "hey, if we score again we win" and actually do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    MoP was one of the shittiest times for pvp aside from one season in terms of balance.
    This thread wasn't about the general balance of PvP wtf are you on about.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    (cosmetic) Rewards are from Prestige, it's just so annoyingly designed that it forces you into 1 character pretty much... And imo battleground should give way more honor then current, world quests have been too efficient.

If prestige was account wide I'd love it much more (also considering we have 4 artifact tints per spec), and if World quests on many alts would be a problem, make a daily honor cap from WQ, but not for battlegrounds, so people can still gain honor without waiting for WQ to reset.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-16 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    This thread wasn't about the general balance of PvP wtf are you on about.
    Because none of what you stated worked amazingly well at all. It didn’t feel rewarding and it fucked with balance. Not sure what you’re on about with “pvp power and resilience” being rewarding. Bringing up balance when your talking about pvp power and resilience is 100% valid.

What they’re doing in BfA could be very rewarding though. Gear impacting the stats on your template could be a great way to have gear feel impactful and therefore rewarding in pvp.