Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    I guess i missed this Glaive BT thing? Was it only during the Event or was it permanent if you added the Xmog during it (like lasted only on your weapons if you did it durning)
    If you earned the FoS and the mog item, it's a permanent appearance.

Giving DHs the Warglaives made sense since they have so few other base weapon appearances that aren't artifact-related. As others have said, I don't see them repeating that design decision much in the future (if at all).

Explain how Shadowmourne (a weapon never heard of prior to the ICC raid, much like Valanyr was never heard of prior to Ulduar) is so "famous" and "reknown", like the Warglaives?

The Warglaives (even if not by name specifically) were the same weapons that Illidan used basically since Illidan was introduced and the weapons given any semblance of story.

Shadowmourne was introduced as a weapon only because they couldn't bring themselves to justify giving Frostmourne as a Legendary weapon. Shadowmourne is no more "reknown" or "important" lore wise than Valanyr.

Shadow's Edge is moggable and it only became moggable recently.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    I think there is something that needs clearing up.

They did not make the Warglaives of Azzinoth transmogable.

They made them transmogable for DEMON HUNTERS. Warriors, monks and rogues cannot obtain this. It was done solely because Black Temple tied in with the Demon Hunter story of Legion, and Demon Hunters are the only class that use Glaives iconically.

Don't expect them to do this going forward. If they do, fantastic... but this was a special set of circumstances.

Like everyone is touching on, DH only got the appearance because there is a small amount of glaives available and they wanted to add another xmog.

What will be interesting is going forward into BfA. Will glaives drop? If they do will they be DH only or will other classes learn how to use them. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. It would be strange for them to add glaives that could only be used by DH as weapon drops.

I think they should just make all the legendaries mogable for any class who could use them. Sure there will be a few weeks of everyone using it but there would be very few who used the skin all the time. Out of my toons I'd use the Bow and that's about it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Really depends on the class/spec.

Pretty sure 95% of Frost dks,DH's and Rogues would be using glaives/Thunderfury (Unless they changed Warglaives to actual glaives instead of swords?)
    I don't know. The low res models really are an eyesore. I don't so every demon hunter running around with warglaives either. Frankly I see more and more that just mog normal swords, though that is obviously annecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Shadow's Edge is moggable and it only became moggable recently.
    Shadow's Edge has been xmoggable for a while I'm pretty sure. At least since last expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    So what do you guys think the likelihood is of Shadowmourne receiving the same transmog treatment that the Warglaives of Azzinoth did last year during one of the Timewalking events?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, seeing as the last Timewalking event for ICC re-introduced the Ulduar raid. I'm hoping that during the next WotLK Timewalking event we're going to be re-introduced to Icecrown Citadel, and I can't imagine that Blizzard would miss the opportunity of giving Shadowmourne the "Death Knight exclusive" treatment that the warglaives received in relation to Demon Hunters.

Just in case some members of the new generation of players doesn't remember Shadowmourne, Frostmourne's sister blade.
    unliekly, i wish, but unlikely.
    also the next timewalking with no be icc it will be a cataclysm raid, then SoO (datamined)
    also the valnyr hammer did not, so i dont see why shadowmourne would.
    sadly
    i wish it did, kinda wanted to mog valnyr but well unlikely.

the reason they made the warglaives is most likely cause it was the first, and because warglaives have VERY few options.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    I'm 99.9% sure ICC is not going to get the timewalking treatment. And if it did, they certainly wouldn't make the legendary moggable like they did the warglaives. Reasoning:

1. They didn't make the hammer from Ulduar moggable. I think the warglaives were a special exception and it's unlikely any other weapons will get that treatment.
    2. We aren't going to another timewalking raid for wrath content, so far the model is 1 raid per expansion. You're probably looking at firelands next if anything, and I wouldn't expect that until either mid summer or possibly even bfa.
    calling it now
    cata: firelands bfa or around prepatch
    mop: throne of thunder late bfa
    Wod: brf expac after bfa
    legion: either antorus or possibly nighthold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    unliekly, i wish, but unlikely.
    also the next timewalking with no be icc it will be a cataclysm raid, then SoO (datamined)
    also the valnyr hammer did not, so i dont see why shadowmourne would.
    sadly
    i wish it did, kinda wanted to mog valnyr but well unlikely.

the reason they made the warglaives is most likely cause it was the first, and because warglaives have VERY few options.
    disappointed because personally i prefer throne over SoO much less boring

Still got a couple of toons half way through the Shadowmourne questline.

I think everyone comes to a standstill when they get to the Vampire biting part.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

So what do you guys think the likelihood is of Shadowmourne receiving the same transmog treatment that the Warglaives of Azzinoth did last year during one of the Timewalking events?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, seeing as the last Timewalking event for ICC re-introduced the Ulduar raid. I'm hoping that during the next WotLK Timewalking event we're going to be re-introduced to Icecrown Citadel, and I can't imagine that Blizzard would miss the opportunity of giving Shadowmourne the "Death Knight exclusive" treatment that the warglaives received in relation to Demon Hunters.

Just in case some members of the new generation of players doesn't remember Shadowmourne, Frostmourne's sister blade.

Doubt ICC would be next. They do Cata then MoP. Secondly I doubt it because Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings didn't get the treatment during the Ulduar timewalking raid.

The hammer isn't as iconic as Shadowmourne, though. I mean for starters it's only been referred to as "the hammer from Ulduar" and "the healer mace" so far in this thread. As far as legendary weapons go, Shadowmourne really is in the top tier fame-wise.

Also; I feel like if they were only going to go with one raid for the WotLK Timewalking event, they definitely would've picked ICC over Ulduar.

EDIT: After I posted this I realized that Goldielocks had actually posted the name of the mace (Valanyr), though it's still pretty "un-iconic" as far as legendaries go. I'd also like to add an additional argument: Valanyr doesn't seem to have an intrinsic relationship with a specific class, the way both the warglaives (DH) and Frostmourne's sister blade (DK) are so closely tied to their respective classes.
    It stands to reason that the only reason the Warglaives may have been made moggable was the addition of, y'know, Demon Hunters. The pupils of Illidan himself.

I'd say your chances are slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did ever make it moggable (which I doubt since they already have a WotLK TW raid, and it's Ulduar), it would be to DK only. Just like how the glaives is for DH only.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't know. The low res models really are an eyesore. I don't so every demon hunter running around with warglaives either. Frankly I see more and more that just mog normal swords, though that is obviously annecdotal.
    Yea Maybe, I would prob rock glaives for sure, as 1h swords dont have a huge option range.

Out of all the DH mains I know, None of them completed the Ulduar TW, nor even tried it, prob a little too much work involved to get said transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Shadow's Edge has been xmoggable for a while I'm pretty sure. At least since last expansion.
    7.1 is when they added it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    It stands to reason that the only reason the Warglaives may have been made moggable was the addition of, y'know, Demon Hunters. The pupils of Illidan himself.

I'd say your chances are slim.
    Well, by the same logic the Death Knights are mean to be the pupils of the Lich King. The demon hunters and the death knights are both hero classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Explain how Shadowmourne (a weapon never heard of prior to the ICC raid, much like Valanyr was never heard of prior to Ulduar) is so "famous" and "reknown", like the Warglaives?

The Warglaives (even if not by name specifically) were the same weapons that Illidan used basically since Illidan was introduced and the weapons given any semblance of story.

Shadowmourne was introduced as a weapon only because they couldn't bring themselves to justify giving Frostmourne as a Legendary weapon. Shadowmourne is no more "reknown" or "important" lore wise than Valanyr.
    Illidan's weapons were of no importance in WC3, and no one knew their name or even gave them any thought until TBC (I mean, they had Pandaren faces on the hilt. They were never intended to carry any form of lore at all).

Shadowmourne is reforged from Light's Vengeance, Arthas' hammer in WC3, and it is the sister blade of Frostmourne (arguably one the most famous weapon in video game history). And yeah, it was never given any thought until WotLK either, but its fame and importance are just as retconned into the game as Illidan's warglaives.

Valanyr is only something that Ulduar raiders remember. You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone in WoW who hasn't heard of Shadowmourne or the Warglaives of Azzinoth, but it'll only be a little bit harder than finding someone who's ever heard of Valanyr

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it kind of weird tbh, Blizzard is pushing things to make people stay in game for longer hours and such for their report Metrics.

Why not make Legendaries Transmoggable? The absolute amount of people that would start logging in each week just to farm certain legendaries for Xmog would be crazy. I know I sure as hell would grind Shadowmourne out if it was xmoggable and not just a useless item that sits in my bank.

They just need to drop all of their retarded restrictions for transmog and let people have fun with the system, including mogging legendaries.

We can only dream... At least they can't take our dreams away
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.