Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Once you get to like 50% or so close, most of the mechanics stop except for valkyr and the casters bubble thing (which is easy to stop). I used drums, pots, CD's, etc on the pull and aoe'd until drums wore off then repented Sigryn.

Just prioritize getting the runes. HoJ the melee dude when he enrages and then run away, it'll wear off by the time he gets to you. Set focus on Sigryn and repent (making a macro makes it even simpler) when she cast "blood of the father".

It can be tricky, I've had runes up while valks were coming and the melee dude was enraged. There is usually one tricky moment in the fight if you get through it you got it, in my experience.

Remember you can also basically aoe them all most of the fight and it goes faster. Just need to keep eye on Sigryn (which is easy if you set her as your focus)
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-07-09 at 05:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Meh I think I'll let this one go, not worth the effort for what amounts to a broken Ashbringer... And the color I want is gated behind RBG's anyway
    Try and get the two peice of antorus tier. The judgement cleave makes it a cakewalk!

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Look. I'm not trying to sound like an asshole.

But if you can't do it with above 910 iLevel and the 75+ conchordance then you're a bad player.

As people have said DBM literally plays the game for you. You just press the target macro to CC them on time and ocassionally dodge valkyr and pick up purple runes.

I did it as assassination at 915ish after literally never playing the spec before.
    While I get where you're coming from I will say that the challenges can change a ton between classes.

Easiest example is the Agatha fight, dead simple on my Unholy DK. Not sure command center was up but really it was dead simple with just speccing into AoE. Yet on my Fury warrior it was just tough and I didn't get it down until I had Argus LFR gear with that DoT to chew through shields. (Of course by then I also knew how to cheese it and you bet your ass I grabbed that cheddar!)

The Sygrin fight is mechanically tough and the overlap makes things difficult for any of the classes that do it. No need to be shaming on anyone, but If you want to say that they need to suck it up and put in the wipes I'm right there with you.

All the fights are difficult in one way or another but none of them are impossible you just need to practice and with the mage tower up all the time go to town. Set aside an hour or two and just put in the work and you'll get your reward.

as retribution, take the talent that gives you a 5 holy power spender that deals damage and heals you (Can't remember the name). Then remove templars verdict from your action bar so you don't press it by mistake.

This allows you to keep yourself topped off at all times without even having to think about it.

make a /cast [target=focus] Repentence macro, and put sigryn as focus. Press this whenever she starts yelling about the blood of her father.

then focus the melee guy for the most part. save your stun for if you need to run through him while he is enraged to get to a rune.

Lol ^ I always find it funny when people say Bloodtotem was hard on hunter, when Disc priest has the same challenge. Just keep an eye out on your pet's health and rotate interrupts.

It's not the easiest.

But it's pretty fucking easy and in the top 5 easiest.

Deleted
    It's not a DPS race unlike the other encounters, meaning you can do it with any ilvl. The rest are DPS races, AND have mechanics that will kill you if you screw up.

I'm only interested in a handful of the mage tower skins. Some are for alts that are truly under geared, so I'm hoping the OP artifact will help alot. I wasn't going to bother but with Blizz saying the other colours are able to be gained at a later date as long as you have the base mage tower skin, I've been going for it.

I don't play prot pally much, but that flail......
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Easiest? Bloodtotem is a complete joke.
    This . As a BM i just went in to test the fight for first time so i didnt use any food/flask . ended up killing it . ilvl 925 (before recent artifact powerup).

i did sigryn on my enh shammy and it felt way easier than my frost dk challenge, though that was probably because i hadn't gotten to the last phase more than once before i downed it; and i did the last phase wrong anyway. I was interrupting the bosses channel to spawn the adds and was just bursting all but 1 down before they could walk the 2ft to reach the boss, I ended up finishing the fight with literally no more room on the floor (took me between 3-5 tries to do the enh shammy one and like 33 for my frost dk)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going fucking crazy. There's so much different shit to keep track of. There's three different targets and I need to see what they're doing at all times, but that's nuts. I can't switch that fast.

I'm trying to go with the Repentance on Sigryn strategy. Who should I be targeting most of the time, melee dude or caster dude?
    K, try prot palaå i think That one is hard. Retri one was hard, but after 30 min i got it. Cuz i then knew what to do. I only have a pala at max lv, so i have only tried prot/ret challenges.

I've done all melee and tank, plus Hunter, mage, and disc priest. Ret is probably mid difficulty. I did feral recently and that was a complete joke - 1 shot. Assassination was also a one shot I believe, but it's been a while. Unholy was easy. Imp mother in general is easier, really.

It's not a DPS race. Learn each mechanic and respond to it, once you learn each step of the dance you'll be fine. Use timers such as dbm to have your CC land during the blood cast. As long as you can stabilize and not die to regular damage you can slowly kill them while doing mechanics. The fight is hardest in the middle - once the first npc falls it's just stabilizing and the easy mechanics.

I'm going fucking crazy. There's so much different shit to keep track of. There's three different targets and I need to see what they're doing at all times, but that's nuts. I can't switch that fast.

I'm trying to go with the Repentance on Sigryn strategy. Who should I be targeting most of the time, melee dude or caster dude?
    As someone who's done 35/36 challenges (and the one that remains isn't by any means the hardest) - Ret Paladin is easy, but definitely not easiest. Try Holy Paladin.

Also, CCing Sigryn to avoid the Blood of the Father buff and then just cleaving is the easiest. Stun/Hand of Hindrance on Jarl based on his attacks, and just do some damage on the shield when he gets that (should be a breeze given how much you probably overgear it - I had no character over ilvl 920, most around 905, and still no DPS race was close, except Havoc at 897).
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2018-07-09 at 06:26 AM.

People probably think it's retardedly simple because it very much is.

I did it at rogue/enh 880-890 ilvl the very first few minutes that it became available. There's no skill involved after the first few tries and over half the mechanics don't repeat after triggering twice.

Maybe ret paladins are just incredibly difficult to use. They're quite famous for being the least face roll melee in the game next to the complexity of like a frost dk or something.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    People probably think it's retardedly simple because it very much is.

I did it at rogue/enh 880-890 ilvl the very first few minutes that it became available. There's no skill involved after the first few tries and over half the mechanics don't repeat after triggering twice.

Maybe ret paladins are just incredibly difficult to use. They're quite famous for being the least face roll melee in the game next to the complexity of like a frost dk or something.
    Both Assassination and Enhancement were far easier than Retribution though, mostly because of the mobility (runes and charges are a Ret Paladins biggest enemies), but also because of the far worse cleave damage.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    conc buff easy ilvl930+ after 2 hours and can't complete one of the easy challanges while other rets did it with 900~ without fucking OP artefact weapon unstable shit

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Both Assassination and Enhancement were far easier than Retribution though, mostly because of the mobility (runes and charges are a Ret Paladins biggest enemies), but also because of the far worse cleave damage.
    As I said, cleave damage had jack shit to do with it since over half the mechanics shit out after the first few triggers. I did it in low ilvl and it took forever just repeating the last few mechanics over and over again. Literally retard proof for anyone who isn't shit at the game regardless of class.

Runes aren't any easier for a rogue nor are the valk charges most the time.

It literally comes down to saving 1 dps cooldown for bursting the caster bubble for the nuke interupt and then just avoiding the very slow cast valk charges. They are the only mechanics that continue to happen passed the first few rotations.

2 mechanics..... Wow hard.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2018-07-09 at 06:37 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    As I said, cleave damage had jack shit to do with it since over half the mechanics shit out after the first few triggers. I did it in low ilvl and it took forever just repeating the last few mechanics over and over again. Literally retard proof for anyone who isn't shit at the game regardless of class.

Runes aren't any easier for a rogue nor are the valk charges most the time.

It literally comes down to saving 1 dps cooldown for bursting the caster bubble for the nuke interupt and then just avoiding the very slow cast valk charges. They are the only mechanics that continue to happen passed the first few rotations.

2 mechanics..... Wow hard.
    I've done Sigryn on all classes, Retribution was the hardest. That said, Sigryn isn't hard on any class - but it's a lot easier on Enhancement and Assassination due to the much better mobility. The cleave is mostly inconsequential, but it helps.

Also, you being arrogant about it doesn't really help your argument, it just makes you look like a dick.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2018-07-09 at 06:46 AM.

Its definetly hardest of all Sigryn challenges (and hardest of all melee dps for me), so dont listen to internet bragging of one shots without context (one shotting this after doing Sigryn on 4 other toons and with 950 ilvl isnt a special feat).

Its easier than tank and healing challanges and in the same ballpark of xylem/spriest-afflic-karam)

10+ Year Old Account

I feel kind of bad for you I had never looked up a strat and did it my second try (First time she got her blood off). honestly I just ignored the melee guy and only switched to the spell caster when he did his one hour wind up spell the rest of it was just smashing runes and stunning her when she casts blood. now holy pally one sucked.... mostly because your allys are totally worthless.