Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Cool something to replace elvui with
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    It's alright but without scaling I don't see it worth using. It takes up half my screen and if that screen shot from one of the devs before is right then when more bars are added I'll barely be able to see. Very sad to see there won't be an option to reduce the size, would have been great otherwise.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazurath View Post
    I like your UIs, especially for some of my tertiary alts. I'd love to use them, but one major thing severely bugs me.
    I can't move anything.

I'd especially like to use the Diablo UI as I used to have a jerry-rigged version of it back in MoP and earlier, but some unit placements drive me up the wall. Would it be feasible to add in more customization options? I don't mean picking it apart and only using X, or Y, or Z feature, but more like scaling the target bar and changing its anchor point.
    I'm doing the code in AzeriteUI, not the design. So DiabolicUI hasn't really got anything to do with this one or this thread. But to answer it; I have no plans to change the current incarnation of DiabolicUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    So it's not live yet, but we're working on getting up to 24 buttons visible more or less in the manner seen in the picture below.

I'm working on a minor options menu where you can choose whether the extra buttons will be visible always, in combat, on mouseover, or never. We will also include the stancebar which currently isn't there in this.

That's awesome, that was exactly what I was hoping to see. The ability to customize which bars are available and when was sorely missing from the initial test run I took with it.

Hello MMOChampion community, I've set a #welcome channel with all the basics of the UI! Check it out!
    Frequently Asked Questions at: discord.gg/BhAQJcr

Great UI, very clean, will use it on all my non-raiding alts with a couple more addons like GTFO.

Looking forward for the release with the 24 Buttons and the custom options menu.

BTW on my warrior the Battle Shout buff doenst appear.
    Last edited by varik; 2018-08-10 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by varik View Post
    Great UI, very clean, will use it on all my non-raiding alts with a couple more addons like GTFO.

Looking forward for the release with the 24 Buttons and the custom options menu.

BTW on my warrior the Battle Shout buff doenst appear.
    Awesome! Thank you for checking it out!, You might even want to try it in raids later when we implement the raid frames hehe, also, the auras, we have implemented a filtering to show the most important short lived buffs and debuffs but we´re working on ways to enhance this filtering and allow more things to be displayed. Stay tuned!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool as, but impractical for anything but basic game play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Two people were fired. Yet the focus has been squared solely on one of them because.... Vagina?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I absolutely adore this UI, it will take some getting use to though. And a few tweaks here and there along with a small element of player customization but obviousuly alpha is alpha

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Awesome! Glad that you like it Venziir, check our discord channel and follow the development, also check our #welcome page if you have any question, it might be answered there. Thanks!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Link Sunstrider View Post
    Awesome! Glad that you like it Venziir, check our discord channel and follow the development, also check our #welcome page if you have any question, it might be answered there. Thanks!
    Oh I did, thanks patiently awaiting the update for the actionbars which you showed a few posts above, in the druid picture, because THAT is just amazing

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I really like the visual look you're going for. Unfortunately in its current state it is simply not practical for any serious usage (I.e. raiding, mythic+, ranked PvP, etc.). I understand it is still early in development, so here are some things you might want to consider going forward:

• Modularization - Allow individual components to be enabled or disabled selectively, such as the action bars, power gem/crystal, chat panel, unit frames, name plates, minimap, custom menus, tooltips, etc. For example, ElvUI does this; it's not an all-or-nothing deal.
    • Allow individual elements to be moved around and resized.
    • Put assets such as tooltip borders, action button skins, bar textures, etc into the shared media system so that other addons can use them, i.e. so the action button skins can be used by Masque and Bartender, and so on and so forth.
    • Add a configuration/customization menu. (I know you have one planned, and look forward to seeing it.)

I really do like the visual appearance, it's clear you have put a lot of effort into this, and it could be a great UI to use later on, particularly if some of these improvements are made.
    Last edited by Feronar; 2018-08-11 at 04:35 PM.

The pictures look absolutely awesome and I will give this a shot as soon as I can. I love the story about how it all came together between two people a world away.

I work in process automation as a controls engineer and one of our biggest KPIs is how usable the interfaces are. We focus heavily on the concept of Human Centered Design and I can see it here.

Good job and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    It's alright but without scaling I don't see it worth using. It takes up half my screen and if that screen shot from one of the devs before is right then when more bars are added I'll barely be able to see. Very sad to see there won't be an option to reduce the size, would have been great otherwise.
    You can scale the UI as much as you want.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Link Sunstrider View Post
    Awesome to see so much good feedback! Thank you all!

Yep this is a custom concept UI so, there won't be much room for changing things around, but hey! give it a try, you might find yourself loving the whole minimalistic feeling of the UI project, both Goldpaw and myself know this particular UI won't suit everyone's needs but I can assure you that more than a few of those who want more options, will come to understand why it was designed this way.

Also, don't worry! If Azerite is not the UI for you at the moment, just check it later, we're working on it and some things will improve and evolve a bit more, however, if Azerite UI never appeals to you, don't worry either, Goldpaw and I have a few more UI projects (to be developed in the nigh future) under our sleeves that you might find more to your liking.

Anyways! Have fun you all and try Azerite UI out!
    Is there going to be an option to move/resize anything? If there already is, what is the options commmand, because i tried a few differnt things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You can scale the UI as much as you want.
    Not the AzeriteUI parts, just the blizz parts. Our UI remains the same size. This is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    Not the AzeriteUI parts, just the blizz parts. Our UI remains the same size. This is intentional.
    I'm not sure what you mean. You can scale the entire UI down to be extremely tiny if you want. I can give you a screenshot if you like. I mean I can do it with DiabloicUI. Was AzeriteUI released yet? I cannot see a reason why you couldnt scale AzeriteUI down a lot as well.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. You can scale the entire UI down to be extremely tiny if you want. I can give you a screenshot if you like. I mean I can do it with DiabloicUI. Was AzeriteUI released yet? I cannot see a reason why you couldnt scale AzeriteUI down a lot as well.
    i think its pretty clear what hes saying

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    The pictures look absolutely awesome and I will give this a shot as soon as I can. I love the story about how it all came together between two people a world away. I work in process automation as a controls engineer and one of our biggest KPIs is how usable the interfaces are. We focus heavily on the concept of Human Centered Design and I can see it here. Good job and keep up the good work.
    Thank you very much! Is meaningful that users like you can see this, indeed there's a lot of teamwork in a project like this one where we're not striving to make just a pretty skin or a bloated over complicated multi functional interface but something in the middle that has a feel n' look that's in sync with the game and offers a streamlined user experience. /highfive

Quote Originally Posted by Feronar View Post
    • Modularization - Allow individual components to be enabled or disabled selectively, such as the action bars, power gem/crystal, chat panel, unit frames, name plates, minimap, custom menus, tooltips, etc. For example, ElvUI does this; it's not an all-or-nothing deal.
    • Allow individual elements to be moved around and resized.
    • Put assets such as tooltip borders, action button skins, bar textures, etc into the shared media system so that other addons can use them, i.e. so the action button skins can be used by Masque and Bartender, and so on and so forth.
    • Add a configuration/customization menu. (I know you have one planned, and look forward to seeing it.)
    The only point in your list I can guarantee will be implemented is the config menu, although it won't have any options to scale the UI or disable/move any modules of it. We're focused on giving users a visually friendly, well rounded game experience with Azerite UI, it might not be the best tool for a dedicated raider and we understand that perfectly.

As a player who at some point (long ago, around Cataclysm) delved a bit into the whole high level, super organized raiding, I can understand the need of dedicated well-seasoned raiders to have a lot of customization in a fine tuned interface, however, this UI concept was made by me on a much later stage of my gaming experience where my main goal was to streamline and simplify in a dynamic and visual way, the overly bloated amount of information this game can produce if a lot of things collide.

For now we're on rather early stages of the project and things like proper raid frames are in the pending list of new features to come, feel free to check it out later and see if the newer features to be implemented in this UI suit your needs better than they do now but we totally understand if they do not, and btw, this won't be the only UI project we'll develop, we have plans for more setups in future projects! Thank you for checking it out tho.
    Last edited by Blakmane; 2018-08-13 at 12:28 AM.

Ok I rewrote DiabloicUI even further to add draggable frames and we also demonstrate resizing now. I assume AzeriteUI will be written in a similar fashion.

https://vimeo.com/284675880
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-08-13 at 07:16 AM.