Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think that Nightborne were supposed to be caster classes. They wanted to create aristocrat stance. I even like them, but they could have been more T H I C C. I also don't understand why most of their faces look so old. I am starting to think that real arcan'dor was only given to ruling caste(Thalyssra and friends) while others got fake one. I must admit that I'd like to race change, but I am too avaricious to do so.
    This really.

The Nightborne are very thin and not muscular at all. The night elves are much more tribal than the nightborne are.

The nightborne are clearly aimed to the caster classes (see the racials). They also have cool arcane tattoos though, to compensate the lack of muscles.

I have male nightborne mage and rogue. the cloth gear looks better on them, but the rogue with specific transmogs can look cool too. I also chose a non white hair color for the rogue, which makes him look better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    how can nightborne be different than nelf with 'wider legs' and stuff, when they use exact same skeleton !?
    night elves have much more muscles than nightborne. create two new characters and you will see (or see the preview below).
    Night elves are supposed to be more tribal and brute, while nightborne are more magical and aristocratic.

Night elf:
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room#Rm0z0zJ89ma9k87T

Nightborne:
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...0zJ89czco9o87T

PS: I don't think they share the same skeleton with no changes between them.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-02-13 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Human males are fat and out of shape? You learn something new everyday.
    Based on what he described, I figure his optimal male shape is that of Spike:

Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty happy with my Nightborne. They're not as thick as Night elves, for reasons already posted on this thread.

As a result, they make better looking -just about everything- but plate wearers

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lfurion/Oyabun

I love my rogue, lol
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Is this true ? Ok take away the spread legs and puffy chest stance, other than that they're exactly the same ?

I've gone back and forth on a trial 110 female Night Elf abd my level 120 female Nightborne, both wearing the exact same mog outfit of LFR T13 Dragonsoul gear.

And the Nightborne just seems skinnier more frail, not as muscular as the Night Elf.

But she's growing on me. As I already have a bunch of male Night Elf's that I like, but I want something different to play, and might keep this Nightborne.
    yes ? U really asking ? is there any animation difference between nelf and nightborne ? they may enlarge or shrink it but it is still exact same
    the problem here if they enlarge it or shrink it, so should the clothes they were, but it also fit here since clothes that are made for a scale 1 nelf can easily stick out on scale 0.8 nelf even if u shrink it, since it wasn't made for that size in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    . At that time you can't even trial a Nightborne yet, so didn't truly know what they'd look like as my own character.
    Wowhead dressing room? Wow model viewer? Looking at other nightborne players? Or how about the ability to turn into a nightborne in Suramar (albeit with fixed mog and no dance or jokes etc) but at the very least you get to experience their animations out of combat. You can also watch hostile nightborne npcs in Suramar to see their animations.

Or, you could have watched a YouTube video of people playing nightborne and showing the race off.

There are so many options you had available to 'try before buying' and you took none of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Wowhead dressing room? Wow model viewer? Looking at other nightborne players? Or how about the ability to turn into a nightborne in Suramar (albeit with fixed mog and no dance or jokes etc) but at the very least you get to experience their animations out of combat. You can also watch hostile nightborne npcs in Suramar to see their animations.

Or, you could have watched a YouTube video of people playing nightborne and showing the race off.

There are so many options you had available to 'try before buying' and you took none of them...
    Everyone of those options are nothing compared to mog'ing a real character in-game, and running around, jumping, fighting, etc...

A model viewer can never give me that true gameplay look or feel. YouTube videos, nope. The Nightborne NPC's in game are different.

Overall the only way to get a true feel of the look of the race is to actually play one.

Why didn't you look into customization options before you race changed your character? Seriously. The models have been out for almost a year now.

Although it's true that the Nightborne models are just an insult. Pure laziness. The males look worse than the females though. The females are actually still sort of ok.

I like that they're different than the night elves, it fits with their lore why they're lanky/look a bit sickly like just recovered, which they have in fact recovered from a drought/addiction. Makes me with the void elves were as different from blood elves aside from the awful tentacles and simply blue skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty reskined Nightelfs what you expected ? >< You could try model during quest line... Or YT/Ggle.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are mog tools online where you can pick race and items to test it out first.
    For future allieds that you have yet to meet the criteria, I would suggest one of those before grinding your balls off ( assuming you've re-attached them by then ).
    One such tool would be the Dressing Room on Wowhead.

I'm a huge mog whore, and really into the way my character looks. Let me start off saying, I have been playing the male Blood Elf race almost exclusively all my WoW time that past 13 years. I love the way plate armor looks on the male Blood Elf. But last year, I wanted to try a different model, and after testing out quite a few males and females of different races, I settled on the female Night Elf. I was worried about it too, me being a guy, playing a woman character felt a little strange. I am not into slut mogs whatsoever, I just wanted a bad ass cool looking character.

And the female Night Elf Warrior, with full LFR T13 yellow plate mog from Dragon Soul, mixed in with a few pieces of Nighthold Normal Warrior armor, looks AMAZING, and super cool. The female Night Elf almost has a sort of Japanamation artistic cool design to them, and with full plate mogs just looks great, to me. Very unique, but still tough.

I tried the male Night Elf too, but he looks ridiculous, with an almost ape / gorilla design, HUGE shoulders, tiny waist, and bloated forearms, and fat ankles. Just an ugly design, almost as bad as the fat bloated out of shape looking human males, easily the ugliest character design in the game.

But I am not a huge Alliance fan, always preferred the Horde more, and my fav Guild is Horde. So I thought I'll I create a female Night Elf for the Horde, the Nightborne race.

Anyways, so been loving my female Night Elf Warrior, she is super cool. But I never got around to unlocking the Nightborne, as I didn't finish the Suramar questline during Legion. So I just spent the past one week + busting my balls on that flipping long questline, I was only Honored and 2/11 Chapters. So I had to get Exalted with Nightfallen, and then complete all 11 chapters. It was painful, and took forever. But i finally did it, and got flying in legion, and the Saber mounts, and Nightborne Allied race unlock.

I immediately Faction transferred my Night Elf Warrior, to a female Nightborne. And DAMN, I hate her, the design is not what I thought. I knew they were slightly different going in, but man she looks terrible compared the female Night Elf. What's up with the wide open leg stance on the female Nightborne ? And the tummy chest sticking out always stance ? And they move like almost in slow mo. And even Plate mogs don't look as bad ass on her, at least the Night Elf she still looked tough, and had some muscles, and her stance was great. The Nightborne looks sickly skinny and wimpy.

I even tried a male Nightborne, and they are much better looking than the gorilla shaped male Night Elf, but still the male Nightborne, looked like he skipped leg days, and has pencil skinny legs, and super thin waist, but still extra large shoulders, and he jumps and lands like a freaking monkey. So nope on that.

Now I might go back to the female Night Elf.

Thoughts opinions?
    I'd strongly recommend an addon called Cosplay. It adds two buttons to the dressing room window, an undress option (removes all gear) and a target option. The target option selects whoever you're targeting and puts them in your dressing room window. From there, you can open your appearances window and see how certain transmogs look on different races. I like this option a little better than using the Wowhead dressing room because this way, you actually see it in game.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'm more confused by you liking the current female nelf model tbh...
    Female Nelf Arms Warrior is probably one of the best looking warriors in the game if you have a decent transmog.

I'm a huge mog whore, and really into the way my character looks. Let me start off saying, I have been playing the male Blood Elf race almost exclusively all my WoW time that past 13 years. I love the way plate armor looks on the male Blood Elf. But last year, I wanted to try a different model, and after testing out quite a few males and females of different races, I settled on the female Night Elf. I was worried about it too, me being a guy, playing a woman character felt a little strange. I am not into slut mogs whatsoever, I just wanted a bad ass cool looking character.

And the female Night Elf Warrior, with full LFR T13 yellow plate mog from Dragon Soul, mixed in with a few pieces of Nighthold Normal Warrior armor, looks AMAZING, and super cool. The female Night Elf almost has a sort of Japanamation artistic cool design to them, and with full plate mogs just looks great, to me. Very unique, but still tough.

I tried the male Night Elf too, but he looks ridiculous, with an almost ape / gorilla design, HUGE shoulders, tiny waist, and bloated forearms, and fat ankles. Just an ugly design, almost as bad as the fat bloated out of shape looking human males, easily the ugliest character design in the game.

But I am not a huge Alliance fan, always preferred the Horde more, and my fav Guild is Horde. So I thought I'll I create a female Night Elf for the Horde, the Nightborne race.

Anyways, so been loving my female Night Elf Warrior, she is super cool. But I never got around to unlocking the Nightborne, as I didn't finish the Suramar questline during Legion. So I just spent the past one week + busting my balls on that flipping long questline, I was only Honored and 2/11 Chapters. So I had to get Exalted with Nightfallen, and then complete all 11 chapters. It was painful, and took forever. But i finally did it, and got flying in legion, and the Saber mounts, and Nightborne Allied race unlock.

I immediately Faction transferred my Night Elf Warrior, to a female Nightborne. And DAMN, I hate her, the design is not what I thought. I knew they were slightly different going in, but man she looks terrible compared the female Night Elf. What's up with the wide open leg stance on the female Nightborne ? And the tummy chest sticking out always stance ? And they move like almost in slow mo. And even Plate mogs don't look as bad ass on her, at least the Night Elf she still looked tough, and had some muscles, and her stance was great. The Nightborne looks sickly skinny and wimpy.

I even tried a male Nightborne, and they are much better looking than the gorilla shaped male Night Elf, but still the male Nightborne, looked like he skipped leg days, and has pencil skinny legs, and super thin waist, but still extra large shoulders, and he jumps and lands like a freaking monkey. So nope on that.

Thoughts opinions?
    What's a mog?

Thoughts opinions?
    So you reinforced right off the bat that you play a male character so that excuses your obvious decision of wanting to play a sexy female Nelf and not admit that its cuz it makes you horny? There is nothing wrong with that, there is however issue with you trying to attempt at misdirection of interest and reason, you dont have to hide from the fact as if being human and something turning you on is sacrilege.

Women are incredible, powerful, sassy-pantsed intellectuals, and Nelves better exemplify how sexy and strong women are, as they are a matriarchal society; their bods are legendary.

Edit: my advice: Join the Sentinels today, and never look back. The horde are scum.

Thoughts opinions?
    Yup, they are all just reskins or color changes. This is why I refused to sink the huge time into doing shitty rep grinds to get races I already have. I never got further than Honored with Surumar, Hate quests as a whole and despise quests I have to do over and over again. So basically I will never have an allied race unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusp View Post
    What's a mog?
    Obviously trolling. "mog" is short for, oh I don't know ? Maybe TRANSMOG

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it, I actually prefer the Nightborne to the Night Elves. I definitely cant argue that NEs look way better in plate, but I've felt their casters look kinda ridiculous.

Especially Male casting animations. The NBs have those same animations, but their frames are more suited for it.

I'm also of the opinion that while not everyone can or will like everything, that none of the races are fundamentally worse.

Though the dance animations for KT and Zanda are so bad right now, I'm hoping they're incomplete.

Obviously trolling. "mog" is short for, oh I don't know ? Maybe TRANSMOG
    Well, why didn't you just say that then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yup, they are all just reskins or color changes. This is why I refused to sink the huge time into doing shitty rep grinds to get races I already have. I never got further than Honored with Surumar, Hate quests as a whole and despise quests I have to do over and over again. So basically I will never have an allied race unlocked.
    Question. You hate questing but play a very quest-centric game. Not trying to be sarcastic or trolly, but... why? Seems masochistic to play a game that you hate about 85% of.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusp View Post
    Well, why didn't you just say that then?
    Sorry didn't mean to be rude, but I've always shortened it to mog as most have on my sever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Question. You hate questing but play a very quest-centric game. Not trying to be sarcastic or trolly, but... why? Seems masochistic to play a game that you hate about 85% of.
    WoW is not all about questing. It's mostly end game dungeon runs, and Raids, and PvP. No questing needed in any of that. And like it it not, that's pretty much all there is to do in the game, once max level.

I don't count the shitastic Island Expeditions or AFK-fronts, they suck balls and need to be "Nuked from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"