Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Aflec is the worst batman we've ever had. I'm sure this guy will be great.
    Clooney was the worst.

"Batman credit card! I never leave the cave without it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.
    Bring back George Clooney!

Christian Bale was Batman. All the rest is rubbish and will never live up to the Nolan movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    He better start hitting the gym, and fast.
    It'll be fine;

Quote Originally Posted by Silver2139 View Post
    Christian Bale was Batman. All the rest is rubbish and will never live up to the Nolan movies.
    Bale and his over the top growly voice even to people that knew who he was was eh.

"This Cithhhhhey Needs a herrooooo without a Maswwwwsk"

Kevin Conroy is the real batman MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I honestly have to disagree.
    Clooney at least had his natural charm.

Ben affleck just had nothing... no charm, no acting, no facial expressions, nothing.
    Honey boo boo would have made a better batman than affleck.
    A perfectly reasonable opinion, but I think that Affleck as this tormented, tired and bitter "dark knight" was more convincing than a classy actor trying to fit into a role better suited Will Ferrell. Clooney is a great actor, but he was terribly miscast, and he does nothing to carry that trainwreck of a movie. Even Val Kilmer did better, but his movie wasn't as shitty, so that might be the reason.
    Mother pus bucket!

If you think Pattinson is a bad choice because of Twilight or whatever, you should really check out his most recent work. He's actually a really good actor, I think he could pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by pkusa View Post
    If you think Pattinson is a bad choice because of Twilight or whatever, you should really check out his most recent work. He's actually a really good actor, I think he could pull this off.
    Yeah good time was a great movie. Hes defiantly got some acting chops

Oh shit really? I'm actually looking forward to it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Pattinson has been working his ass off to distance himself from Twilight stuff. Doing gritty smaller movies, and he has been proving himself. Hes a fantastic actor. There is a reason why Christopher Nolan has cast him in his upcoming movie as well. He can do a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. Super excited about this news.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Clooney was the worst.

"Batman credit card! I never leave the cave without it!"
    That's not Clooney's fault, though.

There has to be a clear distinction between what's the writing, and what's the acting. Most movie Batmans have been terrible, and Nolan's just pushed all the others down even further by being so brilliant.

Clooney acted the part fine, imo. Affleck, not so much. Even in his Wayne persona he never seemed quite at home in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's not Clooney's fault, though.

There has to be a clear distinction between what's the writing, and what's the acting. Most movie Batmans have been terrible, and Nolan's just pushed all the others down even further by being so brilliant.

Clooney acted the part fine, imo. Affleck, not so much. Even in his Wayne persona he never seemed quite at home in the role.
    Clooney doesnt fit batman.

At least with Affleck hes a convincing Bruce Wayne with being over 6ft tall with a square jaw and american look.

Plus his version of Batman is the Frank Miller Version which is very much a heavy weight Brawler type which Affleck suited in his later years.

Clooney has nothing going for him except maybe a convincing Bruce Wayne being a party boy, but as Batman hes about as believable as Steve buscemi

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Oh shit really? I'm actually looking forward to it now.
    Unfortunately no, not really, Missleading and plain wrong thread title :P Literally the first line in the article the OP linked, But clearly didn't read "While a deal has not yet been made and it is unclear if there is an offer on the table"

So they haven't made a deal, so he's not "taking over" and they haven't even got anything to say there's even a possible deal, Just your average Hollywood babble and an MMO-C user making clickbait titles

Aaanyway, "IF" He got the role then I'm sure he would do a good job, Personally I really liked Affleck, But time will tell!

Misleading title, the article states "While a deal as not been made and it is unclear if an offer is on the table...". They simply state he is the front runner to play the part, based on what who knows. I did see an article on a sidebar which has a who should be batman and the choices were Pattinson and someone else who at face value seems a terrible casting choice and Pattinson was ahead by a few percent. I want to say it was a Buzzfeed thing while I read sources on a video but since I can't find it again I cant say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Misleading title, the article states "While a deal as not been made and it is unclear if an offer is on the table...". They simply state he is the front runner to play the part, based on what who knows. I did see an article on a sidebar which has a who should be batman and the choices were Pattinson and someone else who at face value seems a terrible casting choice and Pattinson was ahead by a few percent. I want to say it was a Buzzfeed thing while I read sources on a video but since I can't find it again I cant say for sure.
    No you are right, Op jumped the gun. He is just the front runner atm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He seems a bit too skinny to play Batman, but then again, so did Christian Bale.
    Huh? Bale was the most muscley Batman to date, well before casting and well after.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He played emotionless/broody pretty well in Twilight.

TBH I think Jon Hamm would make a brilliant "older" Bruce Wayne.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-05-17 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Huh? Bale was the most muscley Batman to date, well before casting and well after.

His latest role before batman

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

His latest role before batman
    Uh yeah, he was normal after The Machinist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Uh yeah, he was normal after The Machinist.
    With the help of a personal trainer, Bale succeeded in meeting the deadline, gaining a total of 100 lb (45 kg) in six months. He went from 121 lbs to 221 lbs. Discovering that he had gained more weight than the director desired, he dropped 30 pounds by the time filming began.
    Which is fucking insane btw