Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Which is fucking insane btw
    I really hope he had a cardiologist on the payroll, lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it doesn't really matter. Batman is the most boring character in the Batman canon. It's the supporting cast that sells it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Bring back George Clooney!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No you are right, Op jumped the gun. He is just the front runner atm
    Not OP's fault really. Early reports flat out said Pattinson had already landed the role and it was later clarified that he is just the top of the list. That list also seems to include Nicholas Hoult so you can see what direction they are planning to go with the next movie. Definitely aiming for the really early, young Batman. Out of those two I would say Hoult certainly looks the part more, especially for a young Bruce Wayne, but I think Pattinson is a more interesting actor. For anyone who only knows him from Twilight or Harry Potter, check out Good Time from a couple of years ago. He was phenomenal in that.

Robert Pattinson lol he's so skinny, affleck was atleast ripped. Suit gonna look silly on a skinny guy.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I will reserve my judgement until i have seen some footage with him first...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Robert Pattinson lol he's so skinny, affleck was atleast ripped. Suit gonna look silly on a skinny guy.
    If only there was a way, to increase your muscles, over a short amount of time...

On topic: I think he can do it. Twilight was shit, yes. But the work he's done SINCE then has been solid, he's got every chance of acing the role.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If only there was a way, to increase your muscles, over a short amount of time...

On topic: I think he can do it. Twilight was shit, yes. But the work he's done SINCE then has been solid, he's got every chance of acing the role.
    Yeah sure if he can, though i guess he gets that hollywood treatment.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    He's better off playing Harley Quinn
    With that feminine pansy face it would be a better fit than Batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the script of Nolan's batman was far better.... Affleck was a better batman than Bale.
    I mean.. he was "batman". Baile, while excellent.. was "kinda batman".

So like you said, i wont judge Mr.Twillight until i see him in the role.
    Cause i did that with Affleck and i was proven wrong.

His most distinctive feature is his mouth which is also the only part that shows while wearing the suit. Not sure if this would be a plus or minus in the world of films but as a disguise IRL it would not work very well.

Also, all of you calling him a bad actor for Twilight, that was a long time ago and he has built a solid rep as an actor since by doing a lot of roles in independent productions.

*On a side note, Roger Ebert's legendary review for Twilight 2 ,,what ever it was called. "It is like driving a tractor in low gear..... through custard."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Aflec is the worst batman we've ever had. I'm sure this guy will be great.
    How are you gonna tell me that Affleck was the worst Batman when he's the only Batman who did what had to be done to subdue terrorists? At LEAST 6 people died in this scene.

Last edited by Agent Smith; 2019-05-17 at 01:34 PM. Reason: RIP Grumpy Cat

Bring back Michael Keaton!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Not that I'm saying he's going to be good or bad, but I remember a lot of people (myself included) whom thought heath ledger was going to be a terrible joker. Sometimes people surprise you.
    Heath Ledger, Michael Keaton (Batman/Batman Returns), Kurt Russel (Escape from New York), there are plenty of times an actor took on a darker role than they're normally known for and it paid off splendidly. Hell, before Escape from New York, Russel was primarily known for romantic comedies. Ditto Keaton and Batman. I rather liked Affleck's take on Batman with the homages to The Dark Knight Returns.

Pattinson famously hated his role in Twilight, playing Edward as, paraphrasing his own words, a psychotic, sexually-frustrated, 400-year-old incel stalker. He's definitely got genuine acting chops, but we'll see if he'll be another Keaton or another Clooney.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty funny.

Batman sucks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.
    Meh.i found Ben Affleck to do the role well. Just that the direction and how batman was written were shit. Like most characters in the latest DC movies. He pulled of the brutal more experienced batman.

The way he gets up after being knocked down in BvS in such a carefree manner during their bout is great.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-17 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Bring back Michael Keaton!
    Keaton as an older Batman would be an interesting call, especially with Danny Elfman having done the Justice League soundtrack (complete with emphasis on the old-school Superman and Batman leitmotifs). But personally, I'm hoping they save that for a Batman Beyond movie, which ties into the Burtonverse and Keaton plays that Batman, retired and training a protege.

Robert Pattinson makes for a more convincing twink than any of the Robins from any Batman movie ever made.

It's a good thing the DC live action movies are all complete trash already, otherwise the news of this casting would be upsetting.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Meh.i found Ben Affleck to do the role well. Just that the direction and how batman was written were shit. Like most characters in the latest DC movies. He pulled of the brutal more experienced batman.
    The lesson people should be learning here is to let Snyder have his field day with cinematography, because the man knows how to deliver a good shot, but keep him out of the director's chair. Using Snyder's cinematic cues but putting a good director in the chair is what made Wonder Woman such a success.

15+ Year Old Account
    Affleck was trash and I doubt sparkleboi is gonna do any better. Atleast we still have the dark knight trilogy.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla