Voters
68. This poll is closed
  • Outed for a better president.

44 64.71%
  • Stuck with him for another term.

24 35.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Depends on who the democrats run against him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not buy into that scenario.
    Why not? Trump has openly said he'd accept help from foreign governments. He's repeatedly cozied up to Putin in a way that makes our own intelligence community deeply concerned, especially since he's done 1:1 meetings without translators and literally nobody in the US government outside of Trump knows what they talked about (and Trump probably can't remember, himself).

Plus you have McConnell killing attempts and efforts to improve election security for the next election, because he's cozying up to Russian oligarchs himself in addition to doing everything he can to maintain GOP power regardless of the norms and rules he shatters.

Plus, you know, the repeated and clear determination by the intelligence community and law enforcement that Russia absolutely engaged in widespread interference and that they are planning to do it again next time.

I like to stick to more realistic stuff, like if the economy gets worse, then that is going to help any democrat candidate beat Trump.
    Possible, but it won't hurt his base. He'll blame it on Democrats....somehow, and they'll uncritically believe him. Just as they believe him that the moon is a part of mars.

If he can come to a trade agreement with China, then another plus for him.
    You mean ending the unilateral trade war he fucking started? The one that's adding a tariff tax onto US consumers? That one?

He doesn't get credit for shitting the bed, unprompted, and then cleaning the sheets. You don't get lauded as a hero for just cleaning up your own self-made mess.

Health care is another very important factor.
    It is! And 3 years into this administration, with 2 years of GOP control of the House and Senate, and they have literally nothing to show outside of some sad attempts to gut the largely popular ACA.

They still have no plan. They still have no ideas. They just have opposition, not governance.

And I do not see much happening with that, since the Democrat controlled house is not going to approve of any success story bills for Trump.
    Irrelevant, Republicans controlled the House and Senate for two years and couldn't even agree with each other on major topics like health care. Which they spent 7 years whinging about "REPEAL AND REPLACE" and when it finally came time for them to put their cards on the table they didn't have a straight flush. They didn't even have two-pair. They had literally nothing.

But to not see the obvious moves from Trump and McConnell to light up the runway for Russian interference is amazing to me. That's some dedication to ignoring reality.

Lol! Good one.
    Modern conservatism in a nutshell. Lazy, low effort strawman post not based in reality? GOOD ONE!

No substance. Very sad.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Modern conservatism in a nutshell. Lazy, low effort strawman post not based in reality? GOOD ONE!

No substance. Very sad.
    I thought it was a good one, because laughter is good for us.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Why not? Trump has openly said he'd accept help from foreign governments. He's repeatedly cozied up to Putin in a way that makes our own intelligence community deeply concerned, especially since he's done 1:1 meetings without translators and literally nobody in the US government outside of Trump knows what they talked about (and Trump probably can't remember, himself).

Plus you have McConnell killing attempts and efforts to improve election security for the next election, because he's cozying up to Russian oligarchs himself in addition to doing everything he can to maintain GOP power regardless of the norms and rules he shatters.

Plus, you know, the repeated and clear determination by the intelligence community and law enforcement that Russia absolutely engaged in widespread interference and that they are planning to do it again next time.

Possible, but it won't hurt his base. He'll blame it on Democrats....somehow, and they'll uncritically believe him. Just as they believe him that the moon is a part of mars.

You mean ending the unilateral trade war he fucking started? The one that's adding a tariff tax onto US consumers? That one?

He doesn't get credit for shitting the bed, unprompted, and then cleaning the sheets. You don't get lauded as a hero for just cleaning up your own self-made mess.

It is! And 3 years into this administration, with 2 years of GOP control of the House and Senate, and they have literally nothing to show outside of some sad attempts to gut the largely popular ACA.

They still have no plan. They still have no ideas. They just have opposition, not governance.

Irrelevant, Republicans controlled the House and Senate for two years and couldn't even agree with each other on major topics like health care. Which they spent 7 years whinging about "REPEAL AND REPLACE" and when it finally came time for them to put their cards on the table they didn't have a straight flush. They didn't even have two-pair. They had literally nothing.

But to not see the obvious moves from Trump and McConnell to light up the runway for Russian interference is amazing to me. That's some dedication to ignoring reality.

No substance. Very sad.
    Dextroden tried to use "Change Topic"

It wasn't very effective.
    Damn Edge. Didn't know you were Conservative.

I thought it was a good one, because laughter is good for us.
    You may not take the running of the government seriously, but some of us do. It's a serious job for serious people who know what they're doing. Not the batch of bad, off-brand diet soda grifters we have in there now, who also don't take it seriously.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may not take the running of the government seriously, but some of us do. It's a serious job for serious people who know what they're doing. Not the batch of bad, off-brand diet soda grifters we have in there now, who also don't take it seriously.
    I take it serous. Just because we disagree politically, does not mean your seriousness is more than mine is. But I do admit, entertainment is one of the benefits of this forum.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

He barely won the EC with thousands of votes in a handful of states. Since then it's been one fuck up after another. Trump has lost all of those votes in the middle who voted for him using the "fuck it let's see what happens" approach.

Trump and the republicans have gone out of their way to piss off and shit on everyone outside of their base. They've harmed the base as well, of course, but they'll vote R no matter what so I don't suppose that matters.

The only thing keeping Trump around 40% approval is the economy continuing the trend set under Obama. Given that we know Trump hasn't actually done anything to help the economy (quite the opposite) it's very likely that it will start to show by election day. Well, it's showing now, but not enough to impact republican voters that blindly vote R no matter what.

I still think he will win regardless of who is against him. It isnt cause I love the guy, I just dont have much hope in Americans voting him out due to the uphill battle anyone running against an incumbent has. If we voted him in after all the crazy stuff he said during the 2016 election, I dont see us voting him out cause we really can't top that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    I still think he will win regardless of who is against him. It isnt cause I love the guy, I just dont have much hope in Americans voting him out due to the uphill battle anyone running against an incumbent has. If we voted him in after all the crazy stuff he said during the 2016 election, I dont see us voting him out cause we really can't top that at all.
    Well, that's simple

1. Don't assume you'll get all the votes because your opponent is trash. There are plenty of people who vote blindly along party times all the time.

2. Don't repeat the mistake of assuming you can win without X vote. When half of the voting age country doesn't want to vote like morons (Oops. I guess they all got surpressed by voter ID or something), you gotta make every vote count.

3. Stop with the fascism shit. He's busy stuffing his pockets and mother fuckers want to pretend he wants to be leader for life. He's this close to snapping and the death camps still haven't been constructed. The Fourth Reich isn't coming. Focus on him enriching himself instead of stupid fucking white supremacists that couldn't fill a fucking stadium if they tried.

The biggest factor for me is he no longer has the benefit of the doubt.

2016 was basically "A bunch of shit is messed up and we need to fix it" vs "Everything is great no need to change!"

Even now people keep going on about how "great" the economy is. Great for who?

Trump earned the vote from people legitimately angry at how things are going. And he has used the time since then to prove how staggeringly incompetent he is. The only accomplishments Trump has is giving up the title "leader of the free world" and cutting taxes for the rich.

There is no benefit of the doubt coming a second time. We know exactly what kind of leader he is. He isn't going to expand his voting base and the people who felt compelled by Hillary to stay home are surely not going to stay home in 2020.

Trump won states by razor thin margins. We should never ever think his chance is zero, we have to fight him with everything we have, but I have high expectations for 2020 where I went into 2016 with a fair amount of trepidation, because I knew there were things Trump said that resonated with people, beyond the racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, that's simple

1. Don't assume you'll get all the votes because your opponent is trash. There are plenty of people who vote blindly along party times all the time.

2. Don't repeat the mistake of assuming you can win without X vote. When half of the voting age country doesn't want to vote like morons (Oops. I guess they all got surpressed by voter ID or something), you gotta make every vote count.

3. Stop with the fascism shit. He's busy stuffing his pockets and mother fuckers want to pretend he wants to be leader for life. He's this close to snapping and the death camps still haven't been constructed. The Fourth Reich isn't coming. Focus on him enriching himself instead of stupid fucking white supremacists that couldn't fill a fucking stadium if they tried.
    1 - This was a huge issue and something people like Hillary fell into the trap with regarding Wisconsin and such. Little effort was put forth for states they felt were "safe" and that was a major downfall I agree.

2 - Idk what you are talking about here.

3 - I doubt focusing on something like his resort making bank from his own trips will win over voters. Voters care more about how they can benefit from a candidate than what the candidate does personally. The fear tactic of like "obamas golf trips" did nothing more than make for 24/7 news headlines and didn't really do much outside of that against Obama, and it wont do much against Trump. What needs to be focused on is how the tax cuts did nothing for the majority of the country, and how *insert democratic plan* would do the opposite. As we saw during the mid terms and in 2016, people dont care too much for boogeymen right now.

Im confident the American people will elect this bouffon. He will have the popular vote as well this time. This is only the begining of the fall too. Well deserved too considering your country makes a mockery of the principle of democracy.

Very good, never underestimate the republican cult and the republican parties able to fire up their base with wedge issues, not to mention decades of brainwashing from "conservative" news.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    1 - This was a huge issue and something people like Hillary fell into the trap with regarding Wisconsin and such. Little effort was put forth for states they felt were "safe" and that was a major downfall I agree.

2 - Idk what you are talking about here.

3 - I doubt focusing on something like his resort making bank from his own trips will win over voters. Voters care more about how they can benefit from a candidate than what the candidate does personally. The fear tactic of like "obamas golf trips" did nothing more than make for 24/7 news headlines and didn't really do much outside of that against Obama, and it wont do much against Trump. What needs to be focused on is how the tax cuts did nothing for the majority of the country, and how *insert democratic plan* would do the opposite. As we saw during the mid terms and in 2016, people dont care too much for boogeymen right now.
    2. I'm referring to the God awful voter turn out. More people didn't vote than voted for either candidate. So, if people aren't mobilized to vote, every vote is going to matter. Or we can roll the deplorables dice again and hope that works this time.

3. I didn't like 2012 Obama, but voted for him anyway. Him golfing, while brought up, was fucking insignificant.(And hypocritical as the people who hated it with Obama turn a blind eye to Trump golfing.) And him actually stuffing pockets is miles more important than some pipe dream that he's ushering in a fascist take over. And I don't trust the party that gave in to extending the bush tax cuts is going to go for that. They're going to play it safe and say Genocide is totally coming this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Very good, never underestimate the republican cult and the republican parties able to fire up their base with wedge issues, not to mention decades of brainwashing from "conservative" news.
    This is me.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty convinced after Trump slammed the departing Mattis that Trump would've lost his military voter base and his days were numbered. But I still have a nagging feeling that the Democrats will fuck up and be a fragmented mess when it's nut-cutting time.

I wouldn't necessarily bet on Trump getting another term but at this point I know better than to totally count him out.

So much can happen between now and then, it's much to early to say, but I will say that I think his chances are better now than I did a few months ago.

too early to say. It really comes to Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin. I think Biden could carry those states, but someone like Sanders is going to get slaughtered. The Republicans will also most likely gain a few votes in the Senate, so a Sanders or Warren is not going to accomplish anything even if they do win. How do Democrats win poor and middle class white Trump voters in those battleground states? I honestly don't know.

Me personally I will probably end up voting third party again, but if I was forced to choose between Trump and Biden I'd take Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So much can happen between now and then, it's much to early to say, but I will say that I think his chances are better now than I did a few months ago.
    Is that because you now know that he's open to help from other states?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Honestly, at this point it comes down to how much control Russia still has over our electoral system, and what they decide to do.
    Yikes, you actually believe this.

At some point you need to accept that our country just has a lot of rightwingers. Sure, they'll die off some day, but for now we have to deal with them.