Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    watch there be no 8.3.
    *sigh*

If 8.2.5 was the literal end of the expansion, it would've been marketed as the final patch. And if that had been the case, it would've been far more likely that they would've delayed 8.2 by a lot and have the features of 8.2.5 released with it rather than now, at which point they're following the release schedule of Legion.

There will be an 8.3. And still, I bet we'll see this exact same void-of-logic-reasoning being thrown around for 9.0 and beyond too.

Conclusion? Thats nuts... they are really pulling the plug. Well, bring 9.0 on!

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Conclusion? Thats nuts... they are really pulling the plug. Well, bring 9.0 on!
    To the War Campaign.

Other storylines have been setup besides it. It literally only means that there won't be anymore to the War Campaign beyond 8.2.5.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Faction War CONCLUSION, meaning 8.3 is up in the air as for what'll go down!

Yeah sounds suspicious either

1. There won't be a patch 8.3

2. The war will end and we will join together to fight Azshara and N'Zoth in 8.3

3. We will tie into the new expansion story with 8.3

4. Blizzard is lying and the war campaign will end in 8.3

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    damn that quest log
    the antithesis to classic wow
    why dont they play the game for us while they are at it
    Yeah I know right! Much better back in muh day, when everyone would alt-tab out and read where to go and what to do on Thottbot. Back then we had to work for it!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I've waited years for the Worgen Model update. Too bad they lost me no more than a few months ago. To me personally, this expansion has been the worst yet. Warlords were bad, do not get me wrong, but I feel Warlords had more soul put into it than Battle for Azeroth has been given. The whole war campaign was excruciatingly lackluster, the loss of Master loot as a choice was a big strike at the freedom and sense of RPG in the game. The horrendous level of RNG surrounding gear in general has been horrendous. But the worst of all, has been the classes. I am so sad to see where the game has gone, Warlords at least had some decent characters and villains going on, and fun classes. Of course, Queen Azshara has been a long awaited villain for me to see and face, but even she feels gutted. It all just feels rushed, there's no build up anymore, no grey elements.

You guys think the next expansion will get better? Wow has had its disappointing moments throughout the years, but after what's happened with the other franchises and the direction of WoW, do you think there will be changes I could look forward to? Cause it really doesn't feel like it anymore.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i’m not gonna lie-I know this is unlikely but I so immensely hope that there was an 8.3 and they’ve cancelled it to pull the plug on BFA and blow 9.0 out faster.

that said, if the war campaign ends, we have ZERO ideas for 8.3. the one compliment bfa story gets is that it kept everyone guessing.
    ... Really now? ZERO ideas... Poor ol' N'zoth

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

To the War Campaign.

Other storylines have been setup besides it. It literally only means that there won't be anymore to the War Campaign beyond 8.2.5.
    Yes, they are finishing it. 8.3 will be just the raid which is likely to be almost ready.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    that said, if the war campaign ends, we have ZERO ideas for 8.3. the one compliment bfa story gets is that it kept everyone guessing.
    Yeah, zero ideas ;D. Maybe beside one that 1) is most logical and obvious route after 8.2, 2)was hinted on last Blizzcon Argus style 3)was hinted in various 8.0, 8.1 and 8.1.5 content 4)hinted by Ion himself (about last cinematic) 5) <mild spoiler> hinted by one important NPC on 8.2.5 PTR 6)is most popular one in speculation discussion.

"Patch 8.2.5 will add a new button to the quest log allowing you to see the final destination of a quest to plan your own route. You can toggle between this and the "show travel route" button freely."

Oh thank god!

Yes, they are finishing it. 8.3 will be just the raid which is likely to be almost ready.
    "Just the raid"?

What raid would that be? Where would it be located? What would be the reason to go there if they don't add new outdoor content, quest content etc? They're setting up for facing the consequences of N'zoth being released in 8.2 at the end of the Nazjatar campaign, fyi.

Thinking that a full numbered patch would be smaller than a .5 is some new level of mental gymnastics.

"Just the raid"?

What raid would that be? Where would it be located? What would be the reason to go there if they don't add new outdoor content, quest content etc? They're setting up for facing the consequences of N'zoth being released in 8.2 at the end of the Nazjatar campaign, fyi.

Thinking that a full numbered patch would be smaller than a .5 is some new level of mental gymnastics.
    I just think they already moved on. No war story in 8.3 is wierd at least.

I really hope that the female worgen do get a more vicious looking set of eyes as an option. Because when you look at the portraits for character creation the male model has the glowy red eyes and the female has the cute puppy eyes.

Would be a real bummer if suddenly all female worgen got all cute and cuddly, instead of vicious as the race kinda is intended to be from a lore standpoint. Also, imagine the snarky comments from the female worgen with the cutsy look... GET GABBIN OR GET GOIN with puppy eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeah sounds suspicious either

1. There won't be a patch 8.3

2. The war will end and we will join together to fight Azshara and N'Zoth in 8.3

3. We will tie into the new expansion story with 8.3

4. Blizzard is lying and the war campaign will end in 8.3
    Not suspicious to me in the slightest, I'm quite clear on what it means.

It means the War Campaign is ending in 8.2.5, 8.3's larger story is open for speculation based on what transpires in Nazjatar + anything that won't be resolved in 8.2.5, but it is happening and it won't have the War Campaign.

Simple as.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    I really hope that the female worgen do get a more vicious looking set of eyes as an option. Because when you look at the portraits for character creation the male model has the glowy red eyes and the female has the cute puppy eyes.

Would be a real bummer if suddenly all female worgen got all cute and cuddly, instead of vicious as the race kinda is intended to be from a lore standpoint. Also, imagine the snarky comments from the female worgen with the cutsy look... GET GABBIN OR GET GOIN with puppy eyes.
    They look ferocious in combat, which makes sense since now they actually have animations in their faces unlike the old.

This probably confirms the Shadowlands leak is fake, then.

Pretty unlikely Sylvanas is going to conquer Stormwind in 8.2.5, or that they'd have a build up to it in 8.3 that wasn't part of the war campaign.

I just think they already moved on. No war story in 8.3 is wierd at least.
    It's not weird in the slightest, the story was never going to be just the faction war? Players knew from the very reveal of the expansion that it'd be the same story as always where it starts with HvA war and ends with a big bad.

"Already moved on" with 1 patch coming out soon and at least 1 more in the works (likely 2 with another .5) doesn't compute.

15+ Year Old Account
    havent logged in since classic came out, how goes retail for everyone?

Can't wait to play this thrilling conclu..zzZZZZzz...

It's not weird in the slightest, the story was never going to be just the faction war? Players knew from the very reveal of the expansion that it'd be the same story as always where it starts with HvA war and ends with a big bad.

"Already moved on" with 1 patch coming out soon and at least 1 more in the works (likely 2 with another .5) doesn't compute.
    I just cant believe blizz will pull their weight. I hope im wrong, really. =/ I dont trust them to do anything anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    havent logged in since classic came out, how goes retail for everyone?
    We have a plot twist. You know BfA? The expansion Blizzard swore is gonna be about faction war and definitely not about Old Gods? Where we released the last Old God in 8.2? Turns out 8.2.5 Will end the war campaign. Go figure.