Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Okay so I need some help here. Couple of threads now talking about how Blizzard will be stupid to release BC as an xpac on top of Classic.

I dont understand whats so stupid about it. People want the "Classic experience", sure. But then what?

Like is everyone on the server just going to farm the same instances over and over, and be geared to the teeth, just to do what? Run around in your awesome gear and kill the same things that you pretty much have on farm and have no use for since you already own every piece?

I guess what im asking is, whats the end game? What am I not seeing?

We level up, we raid, we are full geared... Alts? Whats next?
    it is going to take YEARS for people to consume the content

0.18% of the population cleared naxx before BC.

in classic bosses drop 3-5 pieces of Loot for 40 people,

each person has 16 equippable slots.

Thats roughly 640 items required.

add to that the fact that duplicates drop.

thats not including not required duplicates.

Classic is a time waster.

BC refined and removed some of the time wasting.

Leave Classic alone to those that are in it for the long haul, i expect to be playng classic for the next 2-3 years minimum

and you could say the same about retail:
    lvl up
    gear
    consume content
    get bis
    what next....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    and you could say the same about retail:
    lvl up
    gear
    consume content
    get bis
    what next....
    You literally cannot say the same about retail because retail has, what it SEEMS like, endless patches and expansions.

Classic will come to a point where all patches or what not end or it will NOT remain Classic.

Not sure how you could argue they're the same. They are 100% not the same at all, not even a little bit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they will release TBC And LK expansion servers. They will most likely do it in between expansion years. Its honestly a no brainer and very easy money for the company compared to making new assets and entirely new expansions..

The product managers and accounting are sitting looking at the bottom line as we speak and they most likely already made back the investment from classic.

You literally cannot say the same about retail because retail has, what it SEEMS like, endless patches and expansions.

Classic will come to a point where all patches or what not end or it will NOT remain Classic.

Not sure how you could argue they're the same. They are 100% not the same at all, not even a little bit.
    In Retail you can grind non stop yes,

in classic you will eventually hit that Plateu,

but still it will take years,

you have 40-45 people to gear off of 20-30 items a week, if your lucky
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

what are the chances a new mmo comes to blow wow out of the water, both classic and retail. like bk to 12 mil+ players

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Because most of the people wanting Classic, wanted just Vanilla. Sure there are those that want BC and the other expacs on top of it, but we need to stop somewhere.
    Technically they don't need to stop anywhere as long as WoW keeps getting xpacs. You laugh now, but wait 10 years you will see some zoomers claiming they have nostalgia for Legion the same way all the other xpacs have their fans.

Obviously they will keep some realms locked to X version of the game because it would be a PR nightmare if they didn't, but they can literally keep it going bi-yearly for as long as WoW gets new xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Legion I wouldn't be surprised if people want to play again.

WoD I would be.
    I'm sure plenty would want to re-play WoD, especially when they don't have to re-live the HFC content drought due to the nature of a classic server and could be done. The PVE between the challenge mode dungeons and raiding was fabulous in WoD, it was just an xpac that had 1 year of content and tried to make it last 2 years and that is why it's remembered as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Because most of the people wanting Classic, wanted just Vanilla. Sure there are those that want BC and the other expacs on top of it, but we need to stop somewhere.
    Why stop? thats another good 15years of money nailed into the company books?

The only thing that seems reasonable is to have seasons.

1. It seems like they don't want to put manhours on developing new stuff for classic.

2. Going to TBC is not a sustainable solution, because at the end of TBC we have the exact same problem as the end of Classic.

So, in the end, the only solution that's sustainable and does not require additional development is to have seasons: Reset the whole servers and start from scratch.

I mean, let's be honest, the start of Classic is the most fun of it. Afterwards it is gonna be fun, but everything will move more slowly.

Okay so I need some help here. Couple of threads now talking about how Blizzard will be stupid to release BC as an xpac on top of Classic.
    Any links to these threads? Never seen any of them tbh.

I dont understand whats so stupid about it. People want the "Classic experience", sure. But then what?
    Why would they be released at the same time? To split playerbase ever more?
    Phases through Classic and then TBC is natural way to do it.

Like is everyone on the server just going to farm the same instances over and over, and be geared to the teeth, just to do what? Run around in your awesome gear and kill the same things that you pretty much have on farm and have no use for since you already own every piece?
    Yeah... because it is totally different on retail, right?
    Oh wait... it is not. On retail you can get all the gear within 1-2 weeks...

I guess what im asking is, whats the end game? What am I not seeing?
    After almost 1 month i am still not even level 60 and did not even started getting bis gear before raids and you are already asking what is endgame?

We level up, we raid, we are full geared...
    Will be probably 3 months for me. Is it that fast?

Alts? Whats next?
    Alt?
    Next phase?
    PvP?

TBC based on 2.4.3 client wont be popular. It's pretty much your watered down WoW with daily dungeons, daily quests, LFG and watered down raid/dungeon difficulty. Not to mention that PvP was completely ruined by the end of TBC, which was it's big selling point initially.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I would much rather them stick to releasing a no changes TBC, and have them develop a brand new fresh mmo with classics ideals, than watch them waste their time with classic+. Classic+ has limited potential and the risk of sucking donkey balls. Let them start fresh in a new sandbox, without the limitations of people think classic actually is.

BC should be on separate realms with the option to transfer your classic character there.

Nothing to understand, they only made classic to shut the people up who kept saying they wanted classic cause blizzard didn't think it would even be successful, they were wrong, it blew up and it has more active players than retail does, my retail server is a high pop server and org is empty now except for Tuesdays.

Will this last? probably not but classic will still maintain a solid presence of players, this doesn't mean they'll then do TBC, it doesn't work that way. People asked for classic not TBC, if they did TBC then all the people who wanted classic would cry to keep classic servers, they then have 3 diff games out, which isn't smart.
    If anything they'll reset servers or add new servers for players to start over fresh again like a Diablo ladder system.

Financially i believe releasing TBC server would be best

ill take tbc over classic+ lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Well, probably classic should stay as it is, but if blizzard adds TBC realms, you should have the chance to copy your classic char to it.
    no, if theres tbc realms you should have to start all over again at 1

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'd be more interested in a Classic+ route to go, similar to what OSRS did. New content and raids in the style and mindset of Classic WoW
    That exactly what BC is lol

@op Slamming BC on top of it will just bring the cries back that they wanted to stay on classic forever. Not that the cries will ever stop, can't wait to see what the crying looks like when classic reaches the final stage, currently crying about classic's difficulty because the game is 1.12 is in power.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-09-23 at 07:29 AM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

7+ Year Old Account
    It would nice if they kept setting up new servers on let's say 2 years basis until they end up having few servers for all existing expansions so people can choose to play whatever xpac they want. Each time new (old) xpac is released, old server is preserved and players have a choice to move their character from the older xpac to newer (no char copies, but move).
    However I am not sure if it is even possible to maintain so many servers at the same time. Also this would split the player base tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    ill take tbc over classic+ lol.
    Yes! What's that "classic+" anyway? Sounds more like a vague dream idea than something tangible.