Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius View Post
    elder scrolls online is a bad game tho
    I dunno, I found it kinda fun and refreshing (beautiful detailed world) tho indeed a bit clunky when it came to combat, but really engaging stories in the zones. But yeah, it was just an example, i.e. find another mmo/openworld/exploration game and give it a shot.

"I don't like it therefor IT'S A LIE!!!!!"

Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy both the awesome game and the awesome nostalgia. It's so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I dunno, I found it kinda fun and refreshing (beautiful detailed world) tho indeed a bit clunky when it came to combat, but really engaging stories in the zones. But yeah, it was just an example, i.e. find another mmo/openworld/exploration game and give it a shot.
    I found the combat to be miserable and the first area it put me in Vardenfell looked dreadful. Somehow it managed to look worse than in Morrowind.

Honestly a major issue is that a lot of mmos that release simply aren’t good.

Gw2, eso etc. FFXIV is the only contendor and they remade the entire game in the first place so it’s good.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Even as a first time player I wasn't all that impressed by it. It's like retail but your class sucks and the quests suck.

I also recommend trying another MMO like ESO or SWTOR if you want that first-time experience.
    well my class sucks on retail, and world quests suck more :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well my class sucks on retail, and world quests suck more :P
    World Quests are at least over and done with fast and you can play any spec and be viable.

World Quests are at least over and done with fast and you can play any spec and be viable.
    sure, but being viable doesnt mean it's fun.

and world quests are something you do waaaaaaaaaaaay more than you do regular quests in classic.

I mean the gmae's been out for a year and people are still doing them.

in classic you quests for a couple weeks and you're done

10+ Year Old Account
    sure, but being viable doesnt mean it's fun.

and world quests are something you do waaaaaaaaaaaay more than you do regular quests in classic.

I mean the gmae's been out for a year and people are still doing them.
    I do four of them a day for my emissary, it's really no problem unless you're going hardcore burnout mode.

I do four of them a day for my emissary, it's really no problem unless you're going hardcore burnout mode.
    I mean neither are classic qs then.

plus you dont have to do the same quests

over

and over

and over

and over

and another turtle made it to the water

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean neither are classic qs then.

plus you dont have to do the same quests

over

and over

and over

and over

and another turtle made it to the water
    You kinda do though. Every zone in Classic has a quest to kill 12 and 12 of a certain mob type. And then another 12 and 12 of a slightly different one. And then another 12 and 12...

Repeating those quests through Elwynn, Westfall, Loch Modan and Darkshore wore my patience with the game thin.

First time I've entered Molten Core 2 weeks ago with 39 other guildies... Nostalgia DID hit me right in the feels.

40 man raid was/is a whole other thing vs 10/20/25.
    Last edited by Ginzo; 2019-10-05 at 12:31 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    still levelling but I think my favourite bit so far was getting ganked by groups of max level characters who managed to figure out how to say "go to retail" in their language so it would show up as readable to me..... which i find a bit ironic given that they probably couldn't do shit 1v1 at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    I remember back in the day when I first played wow vanilla as a kid, I enjoyed every second of it, now as an adult this game feels like retail when leveling and since I am an adult this makes the game way easier than before. Never had that nostalgic feeling. Lies just lies
    Nostalgia is always that - you remember it better than it actually was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not playing classic because of nostalgia, I know exactly what I'm getting. I'm playing it because it was a better game than the churned out "new improved" plastic bullshit you get now.

You kinda do though. Every zone in Classic has a quest to kill 12 and 12 of a certain mob type. And then another 12 and 12 of a slightly different one. And then another 12 and 12...

Repeating those quests through Elwynn, Westfall, Loch Modan and Darkshore wore my patience with the game thin.
    kinda disingenious to compare questing in different zones/monsters etc to doing the exact same quests though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginzo View Post
    First time I've entered Molten Core 2 weeks ago with 39 other guildies... Nostalgia DID hit me right in the feels.

40 man raid was/is a whole other thing vs 10/20/25.
    40 man raid is just a zerg with a core of 10-15 players doing anything meaningful. WoW is a very successful game, because its casual feedback loop is long enough to appear as a real game. Some players never leave the casual stuff and quit WoW before leaving the introduction part of the game.

If you tasted competitive (5)-group action or (20)-raids in higher difficulty levels with real personal responsibilitys there is no going back to the classic/LFR raiding style where you just participated at best.

I am lucky that my day-1 MC raiding guild from vanilla existed for 9 years and made the progression from MC/LFR-mode to Heroic and later Mythic raiding. Killing the current raid bosses was never a big deal for me, nor the loot but watching the players over time step-up in player performance and get competitive as a group of players is something I liked a lot.

In the end I will never get the pro/cons about the best raid-size, because for me it was allways about individual players doing their best and that part improved with the shrinking of the raid-sizes a lot.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    ^

sorry OP, nothing is ever going to be good ever again. although, when i started playing SWTOR again after i quit retail WoW, i didn't feel nostalgia. i felt like a fool for not playing it over wow for the past 5 years.

SUCH a cooler game
    You know what, i absolutely loved levelling in that game and going all dark, shame it didnt catch on because the worlds were excellent.
    Not sure in my head though yet if ill ever install it again..

kinda disingenious to compare questing in different zones/monsters etc to doing the exact same quests though.
    you do the same thing to 60 though

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    you do the same thing to 60 though
    yeah, and then never again.

whereas you do the same thing EVERY SINGLE DAY in BFA for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I remember the first time I ate a Kinder Bueneo when I was about 7, I'm now 25 and they no longer spark the same amount of joy they used to That's just part of growing up. That said, doesn't mean you don't enjoy it all anymore regardless.
    How can a kinder bueno not give you anything but copious amounts of joy.