Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For me, the more allied races the better. It's nice to see a variety of different races running around the cities and to a lesser extent, the world. They enhance the overall story and have me feeling more immersed. I welcome pretty much all reasonable options, whether they're "subraces" or allied races.

And yes, the Vulpera are indeed our first "allied race" rather than a subrace of some kind. They're cool. It'll be interesting to see what the Alliance and Horde receive next in a post 8.3 world. Maybe the Alliance will receive something unique next. Anyway, I see allied races continuing to be released in future expansions. People have been asking for subraces for years and now we finally have a system for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve97 View Post
    For me, the more allied races the better. It's nice to see a variety of different races running around the cities and to a lesser extent, the world. They enhance the overall story and have me feeling more immersed. I welcome pretty much all reasonable options, whether they're "subraces" or allied races.

And yes, the Vulpera are indeed our first "allied race" rather than a subrace of some kind. They're cool. It'll be interesting to see what the Alliance and Horde receive next in a post 8.3 world. Maybe the Alliance will receive something unique next. Anyway, I see allied races continuing to be released in future expansions. People have been asking for subraces for years and now we finally have a system for that.
    y the only problem i see with it is that we may need to increase the speed we getting new classes specialy for older players that max lvl all classes and since we can easy change spec in retail there is not much reason to have many of same class and low twinking is pretty non existing in bfa we may get new races but not much reason to make them only to pay real money to change old..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well said, and a distinction few people around here seem to truly understand.

Though, to be somewhat fair, in the days of Quake 2 and other shooters that had a lot of character mods, 'skin' was used interchangeably with new models. But it has been many years since I've seen a developer refer to a model, in and of itself, as a skin.

Because of that I occasionally 'slip' and use the term reskinned, even though I understand the difference.
    Yup and I am not mad people sometimes confuse these words, because you need to have at least some basic knowledge to understand the terms and the difference between them. And it's completely okay if you don't. But when you decide to criticize, do your homework, learn what a reskin actually means before you decide to point the finger.

I've seen that term being used to describe a completely different look, even a different model, yeah. But it was usually the same character just dressed, stylized or simply looking different than its base look. And yes that's the case when you can actually use the word "skin" to describe a new or edited model, not just the texture.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Please God/Elune ... not fish people for the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Please God/Elune ... not fish people for the Alliance.
    I second this, the Ranji Mogu in 8.3 would be much better. Luckily there isn't a female version of the Ankoan so its probably not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    However, Vulpera seem to change that. They are an entirely new race added to the game, and the only thing they have in common with their counterpart race is that they are a small race.
    I personally think you might be over thinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    As the only completely new, unique race of BfA, this puts an imbalance between the Horde and Alliance. So, I'm thinking this implies that the last two AR reveals will include a completely new race for the Alliance side.
    I do not consider this is a major issue but then I do not put much though about this.

In my view, the only race that broke the trend, to answer your title, is the Panderen since they can be in both faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Here's a comparison for the female:

I understand them not being the exact same but they could have at least kept the original eyes.
    Biggest disappointment in WoWs history.. Why not make them look like the npc nightborne? Hello! You already made a model blizzard, and it was perfect! And you changed it? WHY!? WHYYYYYYY?

It's for me the weirdest change they ever did in this game. Loved the Nightborne and Suramar, just to see it ruined. I got a warrior, with heritage(which is awesome) but it could be so much more awesome if they looked the part as well!

I bet they changed it so much because Alliance players got shafted when it came to the faction choice they made for them, so they wouldn't give the horde players the best version of it. My little theory. Must be true. Can't see any other option for why they would go out of their way to give us a new nightborne model when we already had a super duper one already. Come on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Tortollans appeared in Hearthstone before being revealed in BFA. Void elves were essentially invented in the same patch they were playable. So I guess anything is possible
    Tortollans were in Hearthstone first? That's really cool, I didn't know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Biggest disappointment in WoWs history.. Why not make them look like the npc nightborne? Hello! You already made a model blizzard, and it was perfect! And you changed it? WHY!? WHYYYYYYY?

It's for me the weirdest change they ever did in this game. Loved the Nightborne and Suramar, just to see it ruined. I got a warrior, with heritage(which is awesome) but it could be so much more awesome if they looked the part as well!

I bet they changed it so much because Alliance players got shafted when it came to the faction choice they made for them, so they wouldn't give the horde players the best version of it. My little theory. Must be true. Can't see any other option for why they would go out of their way to give us a new nightborne model when we already had a super duper one already. Come on!!
    While I don't think they intentionally ruined them for any reason, they definitely messed up when making them into a playable race. Worst race-related misfire IMO since the original Cata female worgen.

Should have just left well enough alone. :/
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Tortollans were in Hearthstone first? That's really cool, I didn't know that.
    Yeah. And they are supposed to be native to Un'goro - https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/ex...ney-to-ungoro/
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    I second this, the Ranji Mogu in 8.3 would be much better. Luckily there isn't a female version of the Ankoan so its probably not going to happen
    I'm not sure who they are, but it sounds better than any fish people to be honest.

I feel like Blizzard has so many possibilities, but instead the Alliance got.. Mechagnomes. A skin of the least popular class in the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already said that they are not making an allied race for each existing race.
    They can use the models though.

Another thing, why should there be a balance in horde/alliance allied race with new skin models?
    Does that really matter?

I’m not sure if it is a good or a bad thing Vulpera joined as an Allied Race. The good; even though I feel the Vulpera in particular aren’t a great choice lore wise, it does allow certain races to grow within the lore before they become available to play. Draenei and Pandaren felt way too new when they first became available. Only Goblins had been well settled, and we did encounter a few High Elves and Blood Elves and some Worgen baddies. Vulpera isn’t a great example, as they also lack in the lore, especially for Alliance players, but you get the idea.

The bad; it probably means the end of new races as the original new races. Which means you have to unlock everything. Not the biggest issue for recent players, but for new players it is going to suck a lot. Yes, you will get one boost, but then the grinding starts. For a new race you once could play right from the start, without a massive grind. Now this is ofcourse already the case, but at least they all feel like relative minor race updates. With Vulpera being added as Allied Race, it feels almost mandatory to unlock them.

That said, they might have simply have no good alternative for a Goblin AR. Gilgoblins aren’t exactly popular and have no business outside Nazjatar. I think we can expect the same from the Worgen and Undead AR, either Calia’s Undead or the Dark Rangers. Might actually be the first neutral Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Tolvir won't happen for the same bullshit reason they won't give us Naga. How does the armour work? How does mounting work?
    Tol'vir need 2 legging drops and Naga would need a quest where they go get their leggings sewn together, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Yeah. And they are supposed to be native to Un'goro - https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/ex...ney-to-ungoro/
    Really? Then I was thinking the Uldum Accord might be a backended way to make Sethrak playable, if not Tol'vir, but it might be Tortollans

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    He literally said what I said. What are you on about? The elves aren't even what the thread is about. Nightborne are connected to other elves. Simple right? Vulpera have no connections. Do you understand?
    As far as we know currently. It'd be pretty simple for them to say they were goblins who adapted differently. I'm not saying one way or the other, but never count Blizzard out for being ridiculous. Need I bring up the 1 legion but everyone else has many timelines which to this day makes no sense as the timelines would have joined up and murdered the legion then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Really? Then I was thinking the Uldum Accord might be a backended way to make Sethrak playable, if not Tol'vir, but it might be Tortollans
    Tol'vir are cat people, so they might bring in the Saberon through them... or possibly a new bipedal cat race based on the Saberon...

But you're right, the as desert people, the Sethrak might show up in Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's not what he means, as you can see below here.

they're NOT night elves. they're shaldorei, a new breed of elf, separate from night elf, just like blood elf is separate from night elf.
    The name "shaldorei" doesn't mean anything. That's just their language.

You know how rich people are generally more attractive than poor people? Think celebrities and whatnot. Same sorta thing applies. Nightborne are just the rich night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The name "shaldorei" doesn't mean anything. That's just their language.

You know how rich people are generally more attractive than poor people? Think celebrities and whatnot. Same sorta thing applies. Nightborne are just the rich night elves.
    Um, no they're not just "rich night elves". You can clearly see their physical differences. They're not as drastic as belves and nelves but they're most definitely there. Ear shape is different, skin colors, magic runes, even their posture.

Don't spread misinformation just because you can't point out defining differences between races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak make the most sense as the next Alliance AR, but I’d rather get Drakonid or Naga.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect