Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I thought if you kill, killed that it meant it would harm Azeroth directly since they cannot simply be removed from Azeroth. Or was that retconned? Because I vaguely remember that the Titans had to lock the old gods away because they couldn't simply kill them without harming Azeroth as a result.
    If i recall correctly their approach backthen was to literally rip the old god out with all their power...
    What we're doing is more like a surgical cut... considering we have but a fraction of the power and the old god isn't really a prime example of one either.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah I am surprised that it didn't get encrypted. unless it was done that way on purpose
    This was crossing my mind this seems to plain and aka easy to get from data mine. Look at legions end never leaked. I feel this might be a troll

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    So we go all Goku on him?
    Like we did with deathwing and sargaras sword... nooo this isnt cheap at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I thought if you kill, killed that it meant it would harm Azeroth directly since they cannot simply be removed from Azeroth. Or was that retconned? Because I vaguely remember that the Titans had to lock the old gods away because they couldn't simply kill them without harming Azeroth as a result.
    The concept was kinda dumb from he beginning. It made somewhat sense with the one they ripped straight out, but they somehow managed to subdue the others and build large structures around them to contain them.. instead of using their workers to slowly remove them like a mining operation. The whole thing was never really thought through.

They need to change this,

Total disappointment.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah I am surprised that it didn't get encrypted. unless it was done that way on purpose
    Likely because this isn't the juicy part. N'Zoth doesn't die or anything, the scene just fades out.

They've done this before where they'll use a janky cutscene in order to have the player in it before cutting to a high quality IGC without us.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Haven't watched it yet but if we use the HoA to stop N'Zoth then that lends only more credibility to @razorpax's leak. He said we'd find the true purpose of the necklace in 8.3.

i think any one of us could've told you that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveletters View Post
    i think any one of us could've told you that...
    Really? I haven't played the War Campaign but as far as I remember, we already saw the "purpose" of the HoA, which was to free N'Zoth. Thought we were done with it at this point.

Idk why people seem upset that N'zoth is potentially dying. Old God power levels got nerfed hard when Chronicles one released, and N'zoth has been set up as nothing more but an end-raid boss ever since that book came out.

And i thought people were upset that the PC never actually dealt the killing blow? Now it looks like we might, and people are upset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I haven't played the War Campaign but as far as I remember, we already saw the "purpose" of the HoA, which was to free N'Zoth. Thought we were done with it at this point.
    I can guarantee you Azeroth didn't give us that heart to free N'Zoth.

I donno why people keep expecting some massive twists in Warcraft. The series has always been basically a 12 year old comic book nerd's cliched fantasy.

Good guys beat bad guys, often with cool laser or magic powers.

it would be far stranger if the point was to free Nzoth in patch 8.2 rather than something, anything even being the purpose in patch 8.3.

I had low expectations, but HOT DAMN this is some primo garbage. Way to go Blizzard, above and beyond just to disappoint everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I can guarantee you Azeroth didn't give us that heart to free N'Zoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveletters View Post
    it would be far stranger if the point was to free Nzoth in patch 8.2 rather than something, anything even being the purpose in patch 8.3.
    Well, for a while it seemed to me like they were trying to go through with the whole "haha, you were tricked into freeing N'Zoth with the HoA" storyline... you know, "the King of Diamonds has been made a pawn" and all that. But it looks like they scrapped that idea real quick when they realized they didn't want to actually corrupt Magni. Or kinda forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I donno why people keep expecting some massive twists in Warcraft. The series has always been basically a 12 year old comic book nerd's cliched fantasy.

Good guys beat bad guys, often with cool laser or magic powers.
    People are mad because it ruins their own fanfic theories. Nothing more.

I am guessing the way this cuts out abruptly there's another cinematic after it.

Why can't we have a legit serious threat that lasts an expansion, at least? Why do we have to dispose of every villain in a single patch time? Makes them look like your typical episodic incompetent cartoon villains.

N'zoth was actually much more threatening while he was imprisoned. What did he need to get released for? Thought he was supposed to be the smart one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Why can't we have a legit serious threat that lasts an expansion, at least? Why do we have to dispose of every villain in a single patch time? Makes them look like your typical episodic incompetent cartoon villains.

N'zoth was actually much more threatening while he was imprisoned. What did he need to get released for? Thought he was supposed to be the smart one.
    Villains that stay around too long wear out their welcome.Blizzard learned that lesson with Arthas back in Wrath. He showed up about once a zone to taunt us, then about once a patch to taunt us, and by the time we finally got to him he'd lost all threatening aura because he was just "Dr. Claw."

It's not that villains in WoW aren't around that long. It's that the villains in WoW suck. They're all godlike entities we can't even begin to comprehend at this point. Look at FF14 (I know how original these days), they introduced a villain in patch 4.4, and killed him off in patch 5.0, and people are calling him one of the greatest villains of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    People are mad because it ruins their own fanfic theories. Nothing more.

I am guessing the way this cuts out abruptly there's another cinematic after it.
    It will 100% transition into a cutscene where Sylvanas uses Xal'atath on N'zoth's dying form and he gets trapped into it. She'll end up saving his spirit and use it for one of her lulzy obviously evil machinations.

And then you'll have the same 6 posters on the lore subforum find a way to pretzel logic themselves into defending it.

Look at FF14 (I know how original these days), they introduced a villain in patch 4.4, and killed him off in patch 5.0, and people are calling him one of the greatest villains of all time.
    Also, with FF14 they seem to actually try to have a continuity and not just barf out expansions to keep a 15 year old game going instead of putting it out to pasture. It feels like Yoshi-P has an actual story he wants to tell over so many expansions instead of what WoW does, just putting in the least effort into its storytelling, so much so that they invented a catch phrase that people just accepted for some reason, gameplay over story. Literally, "We dont give a shit about the story as long as it can let people be space goats and cthulu elves and fox people and double jump!"
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-10-22 at 05:50 AM.

What about the damn knife? A part of me really hoped we would imprison N'zoth in the knife and keep him as another talking weapon for 9.0.

Let the fake leaks begin