Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone be mad about this? All numbers in the game are completely relative at this point. All that really counts for anything is "10 levels from current to new max level".
    If this cuts down on the time it takes to get to level 50 - even better.

You: But blizzzzzz i like the number next to my portrait going uuuuuup.
    Blizz: Dear player, the relative power will remain the same, you wont lose anything.
    You: BUT MY NUMBER GOING UUUUUUUUUUP.

Basically the squish haters.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    I don't know but the game resets every expansion. Why we still have leveling though, I'm not sure.
    Seems like such a waste of time when it's just something you rush through as the game only really starts at max level anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake outrage in its finest.

5+ Year Old Account
    They started to kill wow for me with that squishing
    They should squish everything to 1 and you wont get exp anymore because it doesnt matter anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, especially after leveling one of every class to 120... what's even the purpose of a new 120 boost if it's getting squished to 50? What the hell level are my level 80 twinks going to be!?
    Do you even use your brain?
    120 boostcwill become 50 boost. 80 twinks will become 39 twinks... or even 34. Maybe 35. Or maybe 27? Just wait for info.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Because by now leveling means nothing. You just jump from vanilla to a couple of levels from any old expansions without any sense of progression... But with the squish you are able to leveling in the expansion that you enjoy most.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Please DONT spread this Blizzard fed strawmen argument as it is not true! New players these days start at (max level - 10) because of the boosts
    and instantly can level the last 10 level together with their friends.

- - - Updated - - -

And THIS is the REAL problem in a RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

No we dont YOU dont gain ANY new abilities!

So with the shortest level time EVER and ZERO new abilities leveling becomes meaningful in shadowland how?
    YOu gonna spend less time leveling then EVER before in Shadowlands.
    Getting new ones with the covenant you choose and they already mentioned unpruning. So yes we will.

In essennce we are currently only level 120 in number only....all our stats are prob roughly burning crusade levels.
    So a level squish will simply be in line with that. I mean imagine the insane stats/dps we'd be doing now if no stat squishes ever happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Levels are just numbers.

If they steal your achievements, titles, honor kills > yeah, it would be killing your progress. You gather your power not because you hit harder or your level is bigger. If your garrison people will stop call you a commander, ima gonna agree with you, otherwise you are crying about nothing.

Less numbers > better, like, much much better.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They are doing both. Just less for the ilev etc. A tank has 150k hp with 350 item level. Sloot said they squished health by at least half.
    They aren't doing both.

BFA had health numbers doubled from what they where originally supposed to be. They simply reverted that because it didn't do anything to change healing strategy like they wanted it to.

Literally every other stat is similar, it's not a stat squish. Health squish? Guess you could call it that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Big numbers scare new players off, Shadowlands is about improving the new player experience and making leveling meaningful again for repeat players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, especially after leveling one of every class to 120... what's even the purpose of a new 120 boost if it's getting squished to 50? What the hell level are my level 80 twinks going to be!?
    Level 33.333 repeating.

Because it's a totally new game with no relation to WoW.

Its just a number - 50 sounds more fun than 120 imo..

I really dont see why you are mad - you will keep your Achievements and Statistics.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can you be excited? I preordered the xpac and it said I'll get boost to lvl 120 and right after I heard they'll wipe 120 characters to 50. That is just big scam... they should mention it in SHOP that characters will squish to 50 so people can think twice if they'll buy the expansion.
    But I guess by not mentioning that they'll get more preorders...
    wtf? 50=120 just because the number goes down doesn't mean you lose shit .. why are people so fking braindead

They have been resetting progress every patch at this point.

I can assure you that playing level 60 in shadowlands will be very different than play level 60 right now on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sorta wonder if any of you even play anything outside WoW? 130 is a chumps number in terms of lvls in RPGs its something you hit midway for some, the 130 being lvl 60 now is definitely a crap way to do it.

ohh and to the idiots who think the number 120 or 130 scares new players it doesn't, what doesn't keep players around is the boring as a shit lvling in the first place. Squishing the lvl isn't going to help new players enter its just going to make idiots think it will.

Ur not losing anything. Lvling is fucked atm, ur last 40 lvls don’t add anything to ur class. Past expansions nothing has been carried over, so u already lost anything relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    No we dont YOU dont gain ANY new abilities!
    Source? They didn't say you don't get anything for those last 10 levels. In fact, it's confirmed that you get 2 covenant abilities and they're 'unpruning', so it's more then likely that you get new skills or talents in those 10 levels.

So with the shortest level time EVER (...) YOu gonna spend less time leveling then EVER before in Shadowlands.
    And what is the source on this? Why would 10 levels in SL be shorter then 10 levels in BfA?