Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was the Legion aware of Shadowlands?

I know the Lich King was a guardian, but that seems to be new lore somewhat.

Was the legion ever aware of the existence of that plane and did they do something in order to affect it? Except denying it souls via the Lich King.

Discuss
    Last edited by Misanthropia; 2019-11-04 at 09:15 AM.

This is more a Pyromancer-level theory, but perhaps the Venthyr and Nathrezim could be related somehow...

5+ Year Old Account
    Since the Legion used Necromancy (the actual kind, not just raising mindless constructs), I'd say yes they were.

I don't think it was all that important to them though, Sargeras wanted to destroy the physical universe because of the Old gods infesting nascent world souls.

No baby titans in the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogo View Post
    This is more a Pyromancer-level theory, but perhaps the Venthyr and Nathrezim could be related somehow...
    It's still a possibility that the Nathrezim were denizens on the Shadowlands who agreed to Sargeras bargain to get more powerful. They certainly look like they could have fit right in Venthyr.

They have to have been for the premise of the expansion, since the prevailing theory for people willing to give blizzard an ounce of credit is the Dreadlord's either forged the plate of the damned in the shadow lands or got someone else to do it for them.

They probably were aware, though I'm assuming they didn't care much, since demons don't go there when they die, but in Twisting Nether, I assume.

Im sure the legion were aware of everything. From the dream to the shadowlands but they really had one goal in mind and thats to do with the physical universe. THe entire culture of the Legion is based upon absorbing other useful cultures in the fold.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratoyo View Post
    They probably were aware, though I'm assuming they didn't care much, since demons don't go there when they die, but in Twisting Nether, I assume.
    I think there's a reason why they don't go to Shadowlands.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogo View Post
    I think the name "Castle NATHria" for the first raid is very deliberate...

They would have to change the lore of the Nathrezim for that to happen though. Being related to the Venthyr i mean. The Nathrezim are one of the original demon races next to Annihilans, who evolved in the Twisting Nether as far as i know.

But i guess as experts in necromantic magic, they could have contacts in the Shadowlands. Nathrezim are also able to change their forms, to a human body for example. And they seem to be able to teleport to a lot of places without issue.

And we now also know that the Nathrezim did not create Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, but took it from the Shadowlands. I personally don't like it, but hopefully we will get some more information on this in the Shadowlands, although my hopes aren't up that it will be convincing.

There is also the question what happens with demon souls who die permanently. They regenerate automatically as long as they're not killed in the Twisting Nether or on Legion worlds. But they definitely can still die permanently, like any mortal on the material plane does, when he or she dies. So the question is, if demons die permanently, are their souls erased completely or have demons there own hell in the Shadowlands, where there souls are punished. Aside from Sargeras and the Burning Legion we actually know very little about the denizens of the Twisting Nether. I mean, we have no native equivalent of beings native the Twisting Nether, who counter the Titans who represent Order. But i guess thats an angle Blizzard will explore in the future, when they have run out of Void, Light and Death entities. Copies of the Warhammer Chaos Gods incoming.

I would suggest to read up on how the Lich King was made. I'm sure it will be become apparent if they knew about it or not.

The arsenal he had such as Frostmourne and his armour, will be given an origin story in Shadowlands. The older lore may become retconned or that Naztherim have managed to infiltrate the Shadowlands.

The Legion were the most powerful force in the universe. They have had contact with countless species and worlds. Their ranks include mortals, demons and titanic creatures. Also they've used undead.

Considering the sheer number of knowledge basis snd sources they can tap into id be shocked if there was anything they didn't know on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Maybe, could likely be that they're afraid of Jailor (not even Sargeras knew of him).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratoyo View Post
    Maybe, could likely be that they're afraid of Jailor (not even Sargeras knew of him).
    I don't think they can choose where to go after death, there's probably some kind of deal with Arbiter o Jailer involved.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I don't think they can choose where to go after death, there's probably some kind of deal with Arbiter o Jailer involved.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Considering they created the lich king and used necromancy, they must have known

Weren't the legion giving Argus the succ to regenerate endlessly? I'm pretty sure that's why fighting argus was key to crashing the legion with no survivors.
    Unless golden forgot/retconned that too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who learned necromancy knew about existence of shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    It's still a possibility that the Nathrezim were denizens on the Shadowlands who agreed to Sargeras bargain to get more powerful. They certainly look like they could have fit right in Venthyr.
    It's already established that their homeworld was Nathreza, which was located in twisting nether - they are not naturally connected to shadowlands, they go back to twisting nether after death, or permanently die after... dying in twisting nether

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Weren't the legion giving Argus the succ to regenerate endlessly? I'm pretty sure that's why fighting argus was key to crashing the legion with no survivors.
    Unless golden forgot/retconned that too...
    Argus used to be an anchor to make sure that demons spawn in one place instead of somewhere in twisted nether
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's already established that their homeworld was Nathreza, which was located in twisting nether - they are not naturally connected to shadowlands, they go back to twisting nether after death, or permanently die after... dying in twisting nether
    True, probably not corrupted by Sargeras, but they may have been originally from the Shadowlands before moving to Nathreza. The conversion to demon could probably be simply that they experimented with Fel a bit too much, and boom, demon. Anyway, we'll probably have some answers in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's already established that their homeworld was Nathreza, which was located in twisting nether
    You can name a 'homeworld' after yourself and come from a different place originally *cough* Draenor *cough*

The Eredar are demons tied to the twisting nether, but this wasn't always the case. There is precedent for the Nathrezim being a splinter of a Shadowlands race that were turned into demons in much the same way.